PMovercmr - SAMe withdrawal, essential oils

PMovercmr

Hello.  I am so glad I found this site.  I googled SAMe withdrawal after finding very little on it previously, I was thrilled that this site came up.  I guess I am what you call "hypersensitive" to meds, especially anything with seratonin.  Yesterday I went off SAMe completely after tapering (probably not enough, but natural dr. said no withdrawal).  My appetite was the best it had been by afternoon but I still couldn't sleep.  This morning, 2nd day off, nausea was back.  I was wondering if anyone else had any insight into the timeline for w/d symptoms lasting.  I was on it for 2 weeks, fairly low dose.  Also, I am just starting to look into essential oils and wondered if anyone had experience with them for depression?  Thank you

Celexa- on for 8+ yrs. sucessfully

Went off to get off meds, experienced depressive episode

Tried Cymbalta for several days, terrible side effects, went off and had withdrawal

Tried Celexa again, moderate side effects this time, went off after a few days, had withdrawal

Tried SAMe for 2 weeks, eventually became intolerable, went off and am having withdrawal currently

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Pmovercmr,

I'm sorry you have had problems sleeping since you stopped taking SAMe. My first thought was that it might help if you went back on it and tapered slower. But after looking at the information in your signature, I'm wondering if you may be experiencing withdrawal from the antidepressants you were taking.

How long ago did you stop taking Celexa and Cymbalta? When you stopped taking Celexa the first time, did you taper? Please would you add some dates to your signature so we can have a clearer picture of your drug history.

This topic has some discussion about essential oils:

Aromatherapy? - Surviving Antidepressants

Once you get back to us with more details about your drug history, we will be in a better position to offer support and suggestions. I'm glad you found us.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes