rose1980: am i falling back?

rose1980

Hello my name is Rose and i am from the Netherlands. My english is not very good so sorry if its not good to read.

My story is; from 2002 till 2010 i used paxil 20 mg, because i had panick attacks en anxciety very bad.

In 2010 i wanted to stop because i didn't felt good with it. My doctor told me i could stop in 3 weeks, so i did. It was a real hell! So i started to take 10mg. In a few weeks it was a little bit better.

Then in 2014 i wanted to try again, so i began in may en stopped at the end of october. In 5/6 months i stopped. During that time i was doing not bad, sometimes i had a bad day but i could handle it. After i stopped it was ok, i was so proud. Then i started to take b12 injectables because i felt like the time i needed it, i had a lot of symptoms and i was doing ok with the injectables for 10 weeks i took them 2 in a week but then i was started to feel bad. Very tired and my stomach was terrible. I got afraid and stopped the b12. Now 1, 5/ 2 months later i feel terrible.

I don't know if its stopping paxil or 12. My skin burns a lot, my whole skin. I feel very irritated, i am thinking the whole day, sometimes the anxciety comes back. I can't awake in the morming and sleeping very much. The mornings are the worst, sometimes get up and start to cry and i can't stop it.

I dont know what to do.. sorry for my bad enlish

So

Welcome Rose.  I am also a previous Paxil user.  I am 11 months off now.  I have the skin burning and the anxiety.   I am not really and expert at such things but a moderator will be along soon who can give you some possible answers to the questions you have.  You will find alot of support here.  BTW, your English is quite good.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Hi Frustrated, thanks voor your reaction.

The skin burning you had was that also in your whole body, including the mouth and head?

Sometimes it feels like i am going to jump out of my body when everything burns en mostely i am starting to cry very bad. But it is like its coming out of that feeling. And i can't stop it. Is that also what you feel??

Yes I do get burning everywhere. I also have muscle twitching and tingling everywhere but my arms and legs bother me most. Today my face is tingling and driving me nuts. I also get weakness. I believe these are all the neurological effects of withdrawal from disrupting the central nervous system. I think it will eventually pass but being patient is very hard when it is torturing you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Rose, welcome to SA. Yes it does seem that you are suffering from withdrawal from paxil, which can hit up to a year after quitting for many people.  

I don't think B12 would have withdrawal symptoms but deficiency can cause depression, did you have blood tests that showed a B12 deficiency? 

The only way to stop withdrawal symptoms is to reinstate the drug, but at 6 months off  it may not help. If you do want to try it would need to be right away because the longer you are off the less likely it is to work. Just 1mg could be enough to help the withdrawal, if it does not help and you have not had a reaction you could increase it slightly after a week. You can read about reinstating here. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7562-about-reinstating-and-stabilizing-to-reduce-withdrawal-symptoms/

Many people find that fish oil and magnesium help with the withdrawal symptoms 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

It would help if you can put your drug history in your signature for us, you can fund instructions how to do that here.. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

It's good that you have found us, we all understand what you are going through and are here to support you.

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome rose1980,

I was typing a response at the same time as MammaP and I agree that it sounds like you are experiencing paxil withdrawal symptoms. I would just like to be clear about your history. Is this right?

2002 - 2010 paxil 20mg

3 week taper - withdrawal symptoms

Restarted paxil at 10mg

October 2014 stopped after a 5-6 month taper

Drug free since October 2014 (8 months)

How long after stopping paxil did your symptoms start?

Feelings of skin burning is a common withdrawal symptom, we have a couple of topics about it:

Burning skin - Surviving Antidepressants

Skin issues - Surviving Antidepressants

Many people in withdrawal also feel much worse in the morning, its related to the daily cortisol cycle, see:

Waking with panic or anxiety -- managing cortisol spikes ...

I'm glad you joined us, you will find a lot of friendly help and support here.

Petunia.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hello Petunia, yes that's right. The symptoms began after 7 months, but it was slowly. The other side it feels like the time i started with paxil. The anxiety, hypocondric and hiperventilating (i don't know how i am writing it) it is al slowly coming back. A few things are new, muscle twitching and tingling and the burning in my body and face. But it's a while ago so i cant't remember all.

And i have a place at my back in the middle what's burning very often. That was started while i was taper. Can it be muscle tention??

I don't want to start this kind of medicine, maybe some homeophatic.

Thanks all for your help and thinking.

Hi Rose,

I have experienced burning in the arms chest, pins and needles. It goes away eventually.

If it is muscle tension, accupuncture or massage can help to ease the symptoms.

Even cupping.

Just remember that wd symptoms do improve over time.

You have to be patient. There is no other way around it. You will get better.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

---hi,

I also have burning skin sensation although my skin is normal. Really creepy.

It started after 3 weeks quitting cipralex...now the doctor putted me in cipralex again and i said it will disappear...btw he also said to try magnesium and b12 vitamin.

Hugs :(

06/2012 - 02/2015 CIPRALEX 10 mg (for somatic abdominal pain + reflux) - prior to this NOT any significant episode of anxiety/depression

on medication: emotional-sexual numbness, total inability to cry, +8 kg, fatigue -> abdominal pain gone

02/2015 - 1/04/2015 tapering from 10 mg to 0 mg doctor advised

05/05/2015 huge anxiety, burning skin sensation, panic, fear, not able to cry again, never-had-before insomnia, totally lost appetite, little loss of vision in one eye, sweating, chest pain, short breath, restlessness, accelerated heartbeat, mild akathisia legs-feet

30/05/2015 reinstated 8mg (I was suggested 5 mg here)

middle 07/2015 general improving

10/2015 start disastrous too long taper 7mg  11/2015 6mg  12/2015 5mg 1/2016 4mg  2/2016 4mg  3/2016 3mg ->FAIL back to 4mg .... 8/2016 3mg 8/2017 2mg  (short wave in summer '17) 8/2018 2mg stable  8/2019 1mg  1/2020 0.6 mg 

1/APRIL/2020 0mg FREE!

7/2020 - 10/2020 MILD WAVE(mostly anxiety, poor sleep)

6/2021 - 9/2021 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, deep depression, internal restlessness, anhedonia)  0.125g triazolam  2 times

18/03/2022 WAVE (anxiety, severe insomnia, total loss of appetite, PAIN in muscles and nerves, arms and right leg,cannot exercise,hard to walk) 0.125g triazolam 3 times

7/5 rein 0.1mg