kimba21: caught on so many meds

kimba21

I believe the OP spelled the drug name 'valium' wrong and we don't generally correct them on it but instead use the correct spelling when we use it (or ask for clarification if it seems appropriate). In the initial post I believe kimba said he/she was on 'chlorpromazine'.

The difference in the drugs in this case makes a difference.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimba21

• Altostrata

• Skyler

• Fresh

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

I believe the OP spelled the drug name 'valium' wrong and we don't generally correct them on it but instead use the correct spelling when we use it (or ask for clarification if it seems appropriate). In the initial post I believe kimba said he/she was on 'chlorpromazine'.

The difference in the drugs in this case makes a difference.

Yes, I agree with that, mostly.  But in this case the valium misspelling was all through the thread, so I thought the lagactil was misspelled also.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Largactil (chlorpromazine) Brand name: Largactil® Active ingredient name: Chlorpromazine Type of drug: Typical antipsychotic. Form: Oral tablets, injection  (from search)

from search:

Showing results for valium
Search instead for valiuium

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Administrator

Correct, Largactil is an antipsychotic.

kimba, have you been taking 100mg Lyrica for 4 days? If YES and you feel up to it, you could reduce Largactil now.

Have your symptoms changed any over the last 4 days?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hi alto yes I have been taking lyrica for the past 5 nights 100mgs

and last night I dropped the lagactil by 25% like we planed too

im hoping the drop of lagactil will help cos I feel a bit better today

how long should I stay with the 25% drop of lagactil?

skyler is helping me with the valium ive been taking it to much throughout the the day because of the anziety he said I should take 5mgs twice daily.

and not 4 doses of 2.5mgs...

the ringing is super bad but I hope if I just take the valium twice daily he said it would help stabalise the ringing

my doctor thinks I should taper off lagactil at a fast rate like 25% every 3 days that's way too quick

ill sit on 100mg of lyrica

25%cut of lagactil

and just taking 5mgs of valium twice daily

and keep all the other meds the same

so the only question to you now is how long should I sit on the 25% drop of lagactil

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

hi alto just wanted to add as ive only been on lagactil  3-4 weeks do you think its do able dropping 25% every three days like my gp thinks I know its a strong drug and both me and my gp want to elimainate the lagactil as quick as I can.

then tackle mirtazipine ....she was thinking I could drop off it completely but its a strong drug to stop like that and I don't think she knows a lot about lagactil too

I would love to get off it but I want to do the right thing

skyler said I could drop my valium to 5mgs but he also said it may be a big thing the tackle with the other changes too

I will wait and see how the 25% cut goes first I don't want to do too many changes

thanks for guiding me through all this ....xx kimba

i have been on valium for 10 years and mirtazipine for 18 months in august 2012 i done a withdrawal in hospital they put my on dothiepin 75mgs and olanzapine 10mgs for 3 months then 5mgs was working well for 12 months then i got ankisthisa so my gp put me on saphris worked well for a while i was also on lagactil mainly to help sleep and that was going okay for a while but i got so bad my syc stripped me off the three drugs and gave me valium 5mgs 3x daily and benzotropine it took 6 months to do a slow withdrawal at the end of my taper they put me dothiepin i should have continued but me and my doc put me on mirtazipine big mistake cos i forgot how bad it was i tried saphris again for 3 weeks 2.5mg then tried Seroquel for 6 days got pacing again....i started on valium again 6 weeks ago to help...i saw my old syc doctor he was not aware i was on valiuim and gave me lagactil while this was going on i went on lyrica to help sleep been on it 3 months low dose at the beginning then i went to 150mgs i developed tinitis bad from going from 0 valium to 10mgs and dropping my lyrica by 50mgs my tinitis is really bad now

current drugs lyrica 100mgs...zopliclone 15mgs being on this 18 months..mirt 7.5mgs lagactil 25mg but doing a25% cut and 10mgs of valium i need to get off lagactil and mirt and with altos help hope i can do this

alto I was reading through your post about what drugs to tapper first in my case most of mine are sedating I wish to get off the anti sycotic first .

but skyler mentioned to lower my benzo to 5mgs is that a good thing to do

cos I want to be off lagactil and mirtazipine...is it better to stay at a high dose of benzo or drop it

I am just a little bit confused.....by what skyler said to me mirtazipine is activating as in a way of anziety even tho they are sedative but only a bit for me they don't really help me sleep hence why I went on lyrica....and now I find out how bad lyrica is....

with all the side effects it give you .....so I ponder which drugs are the best to go and the best to lower aca.....benzos

doctors don't know how hard it is to get off they put you on them then tell you its easy to withdraw.....

im learning a lot from here im in early stages with all the drugs im on the longest one is lyrica 3 months the rest are only around 6 weeks mirtazipine ....3-4 weeks lagactil....6 weeks benzo

I don't want to be stuck on these drugs too long.....

• Administrator

kimba, let's just take one drug at a time. You decreased Largictal July 4, correct? How much are you taking now?

Let's give the decreased Largictal 4 days and then see how you feel.

Please confer with Skyler about the benzo.

Why have you been on so many antipsychotics?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Skyler defers to Alto...I was focusing on her report that the first tinnitus appeared when she reinstated 10 mgs of valium, which seems to have been before she started the lagactil. 

kimba.. the difficulty with tinnitus is once one medication causes it, there is cross over for other medications which then trigger same.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

yeah i dropped my 25% of lagactil sunday night so that's 2 nights we were trying anti sycotics cos they helped in the past with anziety but they built up in me for some reason that's why I stopped them completely cold turkey

my doctor put me on mirtazipine even tho I didn't want to but thought it may help with sleep that was my biggest mistake cos they make me so anxious

the ringing is so bad the last few days and struggling with the drop im wondering weather I should have dropped the most activating drug first and that the mirt it gives me nausea and anziety that's why im on the benzo ithink going bk on the benzo started the ringing then dropping my lyrica just made it worse I put it down to the lyrica

my syc doctor wanted me off mirt first and wanted to give me a sml dose of dothep but discussing it with my gp we decided to go with the lagactil

I wonder if I should have dropped mirt first im so confused and anxious the mirt makes it worse for me

I took skylers advice and im dosing 5mgs of valium in the morning and 5mgs at evening

so for me and my gp we don't know which one is worse lagactil or the mirt could be both but all I know is the mirt is a nasty drug was on it in the past and gives me so much grief stomach problems and bad nausea

so I don't know what is the best route for me right now I feel house bound wn I should be working

im not sleeping that much since dropping lyrica and lagactil but all I know is that all meds are messing with me

not sure what to do right now ....thanks to you both for trying to help me I wish I could stop them all

I was so much better off valium 6 weeks ago and I should have stayed with dothep but stupid me thought anti sycotics may work I was so wrong...I hope some how we can sort out what is the best thing to do

• Administrator

I'm sorry, kimba, your situation is very confusing. Hang in there.

Do you feel nauseous right after you take the mirtazapine?

I take it at night time but when I wake im very nauseous when I wake I get lower back pain and joint stiffness too from the drug that's why I want off it

should I continue doing what im doing cutting the lagactil the valium is kicking in now and helping with anziety

all the meds are messing with me its just determing which one needs to go first and how quick this can be done

since im on valiuim I was hoping to eliminate both quite quickly its good having you on line and trying to help me sort out which is best thing to do

hi alto tonite is the worst night possible my cut from lyrica was just to much 50mgs my heart is racing anziety is so high my gf said take more tonite its such an evil drug

was thinking of taking more valium but that will do me no good this is like going cold turkey and i have to cut my lagactil too im determined to do so even tho im so bad

please tell people never to take lyrica i wish i did not my gf has to up her dose higher and higher im gonna try and sleep and hope you may be able to tell me what is the best to do

no wonder people suicide on this drug hope to hear from you tomorrow

much love regards ....Kimba x

• Administrator

Can you take 125mg Lyrica? I am sorry it was too much. The reason I suggested reducing it first was because you said the tinnitus was unbearable.

I am worried about the shaking from the Largactil.

all the meds are messing with me its just determing which one needs to go first and how quick this can be done

This is true. What has your doctor said about all your adverse reactions?

I am not sure what to do me and my doctor was either thinking the lagactil or the mirtatazipine but we opted for the lagactil

ive done so well dropping lyrica so far don't really want to go back up but it may be the best thing to do at this stage the only thing that worrys me is the dizziness

and its such a bad drug im debating today if I should do another 25% cut of the lagactil ive done 3 nights with one 25% cut and wonder if my body can cope with another cut

all I know is lagactil is a syc drug and that should be the first drug to go  I don't see a regular syc doctor as in my city the waiting list is so high but I see my doctor on Friday my gp so I need to decide weather to go back up my lyrica or stay with 100mgs

plus im worried I don't want to be caught on the valiuim too long being 6 weeks now

im doing this all alone trying to decide  which is the best option I wish you were on here at the same time as me then we could decide together

my doc tried to get me into a detox clinic but getting off all off my drugs would be too much...not sure what to do about the lyrica cos I would like to drop my valium a bit too

most doctors think its easy getting off lyrica but its not and the same as mirtazipine I must determine today if I go back up to 125mg of lyrica

and drop my lagactil more a lot of thinking to do today

my doctor says to drop one drug at a time and we opted for lagactil

• Administrator

We don't know if the heartbeat symptoms are from the Lyrica or the Largictal decrease.

How are you today?

Please don't reduce more often than every 4 days. You need to see how you're doing on the 4th day before making a decision to cut again.

hi alto last night I increased my lyrica back to 125mgs im not sure if its a good or bad thing I had a good sleep and woke up okay no anziety but around 11am I took my 5mg of valiuim and I got increased anziety for some reason I wonder if it was the increase of the lyrica im not sure...

I have no heart palpatations today and really want to cut my lagactil and will do this tonite I want to stop it but you said not to its just I want to get rid of lagctil that would be one less drug in me

in your opion would it be bad if I stoped the lagactil or not...I hope I did the right thing increasing the lyrica I get a lot of stomach upsets with it....

I know all the drugs im on are interacting that's for sure.....but I cant throw them all in the bin

today was the first day I got out of the house maybe that's what gave me the panic attack and high anziety im feeling better now .......skyler said I could drop my valium to 5mgs but that may make things worse while I decrease my lagactil

ill tackle the lagactil first ill drop my second 25% cut and see how I go....I see my gp tomorrow and see what she says if its okay to stop it but your good at the drops and if you think I should do it slowly I will I know my doctor thinks I could handle it with the help of valiuim but lagactil is a strong drug

looking forward into what you think the best thing I will do cos mirtazipine needs to go too

thanks alto regards Kimba x

a question can you stwitch straight from mirtazipine to dothiepin I read on line a searched it and nothing came up years ago I went from dothiepin straight to mirtazipine can this be done this way around if I can I can lower my benzo and that's a good thing

• Administrator

Good that you're feeling better.

I now worry about the Valium. Please talk to Skyler about that.

Do not be changing your drugs all the time. When did you decrease the Largactil? Don't reduce it now, let the Lyrica change settle in.

I llready reduced the lagactil last night and I have not had any side effects yet

I was hoping on staing on valium to help me get off mirtazipine and lagactil

do you think im on too much valium and would that help now dropping it may give me added anziety dropping it by 5mgs cos ive been on it 6 weeks

• Administrator

kimba, you've got to stop changing your drugs all the time. This is causing you problems and makes your situation very confusing.

Okay, just stay where you are on all drugs for at least 4 days. Talk to us on the 4th day. Ask Skyler about the Valium.

i must admit the ringing is bad at 125mgs of lyrica i went bk up cos you said it may help and the 50mg cut was too much

in your oppion what should i do about the valiuim and lyrica im determined to lower my lagactil and get off it and the mirt is the cause of nausesa

but you were the one who said to go bk up to 125 mg of lyrica that's why i did it

i don't get you on here at the same time i just couldn't sleep and saw you here i was hoping you would be pleased i cut the lagactil and you did sugest going bk up to 125 of lyrica or am i better at 100mg

i was just going by what you said to do it was 4 days that's why i lowered my lagactil like we planed...

ive only been on lagactil a short while and that's why i thought i can do

did you ever split your dose of lyrica twice a day some people do i usually take mine at night for sleep

• Moderator Emeritus

so you don't think i need to drop my benzo yet alto wanted me to ask you if i should stay or lower

thanks for your help ill stay at 125mg of lyrica for now as it helps me sleep

When I mentioned dropping it before, I had not realized you went on everything at the same time... that said, you could try dropping 2.5 mgs off one of the valium doses and see how you respond.  But I don't want that to get in the way of the work you are doing with Alto..  Dropping that fast could cause you to have a significant up tick in anxiety for a few days.  I was hoping you could half the dose... get down to 5 mgs in a couple of weeks because you have only been on for a short time.. but you need to try it out, and again, I don't know how it will effect you. 

• Moderator Emeritus

did you ever split your dose of lyrica twice a day some people do i usually take mine at night for sleep

I split my Lyrica into 4 doses a day for awhile, then I went to 3 doses, then to two doses a day which is what I take now.  Lyrica's half life is about 6 hours.

• Moderator Emeritus

I took Lyrica 4 times a day when the tinnitus was bad.. I'm not sure it helped more than three times a day, but I thought it might.

oh okay i take all mine at night cos it helps me sleep maybe i should think about splitting it but i need my sleep and it helps there for me

• Moderator Emeritus

Kimba.. do you find that the tinnitus gets worse before you take your nighttime dose, then subsides somewhat an hour or two after you take it?

it seems to get worse at night after i take my full dose i sleep well until 3am then the ringing gets bad

• Moderator Emeritus

it seems to get worse at night after i take my full dose i sleep well until 3am then the ringing gets bad

Hmmm, seems it's the uptick in dose that's causing you problems.  That would probably improve if you took it in two evenly divided doses 12 hours apart. 

i could try taking 2.5 in the morning and 5mg in the evening and see if that helps and 25mg of lyrica in the morning and the 100mg at night with me taking 125mg helps for sleep tho