Reiki

Shanti

Reiki has been very helpful for me. I receive daily treatments from my mom, who is a Gendai Ki Reiki Ho Master.

Anyone that wants a few free Reiki treatments, just contact me. I am a 2nd Degree Gendai Ki Reiki Ho Practitioner. If anyone finds it helpful, they can contact my mom. She's much better at it than I am. She has a natural gift. My back started hurting really bad for a couple of days and I asked her "did you stop doing Reiki on me?" and she said "Yes, I forgot the last couple of days". Proof positive it was giving me even more benefit than I thought! Gendai Ki Reiki Ho specializes in long distance Reiki.

Has anyone had experience using Reiki?

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Shanti,

Reiki/energy work is interesting to me. I've become more in tune w/energy work in the last year or so and have been very cautious about who I open up to b/c I know I'm 'impressionable'. This doesn't apply as much to Reiki as to Transpersonal practitioners--psychiatrists, psychologists.

I tried Reiki a few years ago and honestly didn;t notice anything, but I was much less open to energy work then. I had 2 different Practitioners but am not certain of their qualifications/training or, more importantly, natural gifts. I've met a few other people who are certified in Reiki to some degree and have wondered what is involved w/certification. One person, in particular, is so tightly wound herself that I can't imagine her doing such work. I may be way off-base, so please feel free to correct!

I've found this to be true of acupuncturists and massage therapists, too. Intuitive healers are truly a gift!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Yes, I think some people aren't qualified. Some people can even become Masters through a weekend workshop and that's ridiculous to me. Some people are definitely more gifted than others. I know I could never be as good at it as my mom. She is truly gifted. She's already a very centered, gentle soul. I realized I didn't have the natural gift and only took it to level two: Oku-den. Though I have studied the third and last level, I just never got certified as a Master because I realized it wasn't my calling to do this.

A good thing to do is ask for their certification and ask how long it took to study Reiki. It's also good to ask for their lineage and see how far it is from the originator of Reiki, Mikao Usui, or if it even goes back to him. This is mine and my moms lineage: Mikao Usui, Rear Admiral Kan’ichi Taketomi, Kimiko Koyama, Hiroshi Doi, Richard Robert Rivard, B.Sci, Roger Allen Baut, MA.

You can learn more on her website. Ascension Now.(link now obsolete, possible replacement Sacred Healing Journey) My mom only takes donations of what people can afford, and will do it free for people that can't afford it.

I don't know anything about acupuncture or acupressure. I've never tried it. I think it can be reversed though, just look up how to do your own Chakra work and get them balanced yourself.

It's definitely Wise to be cautious about these things. However, you can shield yourself before a treatment to make sure only positive, helpful energy enters your field.

Edited by manymoretodays
possible replacement for obsolete link

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Lineage is important to know because people studying Reiki receive what's called "attunements" from the Master, increasing at each level, and that attunement energy is handed down from Master to student. Then there is a final attunement that is for the sole purpose of having the ability to pass attunements onto others.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to be sure you all knew that my mom is eager to help anyone on here for free. She prays for all of us and wants to give Reiki to anyone that wants. Just send me a PM and she'll start.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 3 weeks later...

If you are not yet attuned to Reiki but are entertaining with idea of becoming involved the best time is when you receive the calling. The cure is literally in your own hands.

If you are not yet attuned to Reiki but are entertaining with idea of becoming involved the best time is when you receive the calling. The cure is literally in your own hands.

Hi Tantric. I totally agree. I started Reiki classes, got to level 2 and decided it just wasn't my calling. Not for now anyway. I don't know if I will ever get into it really. I'm a minister and more into spiritual counseling. Are you a Reiki Practitioner?

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 9 months later...
  • Administrator

bump

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Oh yes, thank you Alto for bumping it. Since my last post here I finished my classes and made Reiki Master. Offer is still open for anyone.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Alto asked me to post on my Reiki experience which helped me especially when I was suffering with WD.

I could not relax my mind at all but when having my reiki it was heaven. Just for that one hour I experienced calm and relief.

I still have my reiki every two weeks and believe it really helps me to be at peace with myself and have learnt to be more humble and none judgemental. Basically I feel very happy in this not so nice world. I've learnt being happy has to come from within and not what goes on around you.

I am lucky to have found a Reiki lady ( who was once a nurse) who is genuine as her main reason for practicing is to help others, therefore her prices are more than reasonable.

She treats animals and cancer patients completely free of charge.

Reiki can be very powerful and am looking forward to practicing myself in the near future.

I have been on seroxat/Paxil for 16-17 years, after deducing to quickly and then stopping all together I went through a hellish withdrawal, luckily I found this site and had to reinstate.

I am now on 8mg of liquid which I think is brilliant!

I believe the reiki is helping a lot.

I also drink bottled water with unrefined sea salt in it as this also has healing properties in it.

Anyhow gone off topic a little lol

I don't drink tap water as its full of flouride, found that flouride is the main ingredient in RAT POISON !!!!!

Hope my experience with reiki can help someone else

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Administrator

(xDebbiejo's Reiki topic, meet Shanti's Reiki topic. You have a lot to talk about!)

Thanks for posting this, Debbie.

Can you describe what you are doing in Reiki?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Oh gosh, what do you mean alto?

I only receive reiki at the moment, where I lay on a couch and soak up all the universal energy given to me as my reiki master starts a connection with her fingers connecting with my head.

Some people feel it more than others, my lady says to be a sponge and take in as much as I can

It's a lovely experience x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Administrator

Sounds lovely. Yes, that's what I was asking about -- what's it like?

It makes a difference with each person, no matter their ranking. I'll say this, my mom is a much clearer channel for Reiki than I am! We're both Masters but I will go to her for something bad instead of doing it myself lol. I only do Reiki free myself, or donations. At our site we just ask for donations and tell them if they can't afford it not to worry about it. I do charge for other things I do so it's okay.

I've had a very hard couple of days with the flair up reaction to the Benzo taper. It's subsided some last night but ending with a killer migraine. My mom just did Reiki on me for the migraine and it's much easier to cope with. I couldn't even come here to the forum this morning.

Anyone that needs Reiki let me know, here or in PM :)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 1 month later...

I have been using Reiki to manage the restless legs that I get from the Remeron. My mood has been very off lately and I find that when my mood is off, my Reiki is off. It's nice to see that there are some other Reiki practitioners on this site. I did'n't mention Reiki in my intro because I wasn't sure wha tpeople would think.

15+ years on various ADs and combos. Spent 3 yrs tapering (off & on ) off 225mg Effexor venlafaxine) XR & Remeron (mirtazapine). Finished tapering Oct 2014.

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know anything about reiki. Can someone tell me about the underlying philosophy and the key practices. What does a reiki practitioner do in a session?

I know I could google this but I like to talk to practitioners

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

dalsaan,

I am not an expert and I have a really hard time writing,but I'll try to explain. Reiki is not religious but it is a spiritual practice.

Reiki is a Japanese technique. It is a form of energy medicine. The Reiki practitioner serves as a conduit for universal energy and channels it to the recipient.

Reiki can be done hands on or a couple of inches above the recipient. Some one receiving Reiki remains fully clothed during a session. The Reiki practitioner places their hands on or directly above the recipient. the most common sensation felt by someone receiving Reiki is warmth, especially on areas of the body where the person has an injury, pain, or is affected by an illness. Reiki is very relaxing.

Some of the other sensations that can be felt during a Reiki treatment are cold , a sensation of heaviness and muscle twitching none of which are unpleasant.

A part of the training process for a practitioner is being attuned by a Reiki master (teacher). Attunement means that the master has opened the student up to the Reki energy.

Sorry I'm not doing a very good job of explaining it.

Below is a link to an explanation from the woman who taught me.

http://planetenergyhealing.com/faqs.htm#1

15+ years on various ADs and combos. Spent 3 yrs tapering (off & on ) off 225mg Effexor venlafaxine) XR & Remeron (mirtazapine). Finished tapering Oct 2014.

Moonbow did a very good job explaining it. I don't know what to add. Aside from distance Reiki is done a little different with symbols. The kind we do is called Gendai-ki Reiki Ho and it's more for distance healing. I know what you mean about the Reiki being off when I'm off. I'm the same way. It's best that my mom does it. lol

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 1 month later...

I just started having Reiki sessions to help heal my mind, body and spirit. For those that don't know Reiki is a Japanese form of energy healing that promotes all aspects of well being. I have found these sessions to be very helpful. I also just tried an I.E.T session. Stands for Integrated Energy Therapy. I will quote what the pamplhlet says 'holistic healing technique that works with your 12,stranded DNA, IET uses the violet energy ray to work on physical, emotional,mental, and beyond'. For me it was a great but intense experience, better than any traditional therapy I have had thus far. If you happen to live in the Philadelphia area checkout a place called Healing Kneads on the Internet. I myself, just from my experience,

recommend it.

Here's to Healing

I have tried it a number of times and I respond very well to it....

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Administrator

Merged new topic with the existing one.

Ariel, I'm so glad that Reiki is helping you too! I am so grateful for it. The offer for Gendai Ki Reiki is still open for anyone. You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it here. Namaste.

I just wanted to add that I am not here every day. I'm in school and also writing. If you message me though, I will get it in my email. Anyone, any time is welcome to pm me for help anyways.

My Paxil Website

My Intro

• 1 year later...

Well, I see that it has been a little over a year since anyone has posted. I am wondering if there is anyone using reiki or other forms of energetic healing with their process. I am a Master~Teacher under Usui methodologies and have dabbled in others (ie kundalini). I am also a shamanic healer and there are many places that cross energetically. I don't wish to act as a practitioner for anyone, merely looking to connect. 

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy