Rose9975

Rose9975: Irish person wishing to taper off 20mg Lexapro

mona11

Dear Rose9975 , great decision. Trust that you are doing the best you can.If you decide to taper, do it very slowly. I believe that you have to do it even slower than 5% per month. Maybe 1% per week. That is what I have been doing and I have almost no wd. Enjoy your pregnancy. :)

Rose9975

Wednesday:Thanks Joy for your message.

I felt a slight improvment today but overall the blackdog persists. Got abused in my day job as a social worker nothing new there   I am now sitting in front of my SAD lamp hoping ...praying for relief. Car broke down on the motor way ... car insurance ran out Friday as luck would have it then got pulled by the guards on the way home for no insurance or driving license with me for the car they gave me at the garage!! Tried to treat my self to massage but bank account was empty settled for a can of 7up & a bag of chips

Rose9975

15mg Lexapro: It's  Saturday & what a week it has been. I went for acupuncture on Thursday & just wailed crying by lunch time Friday the depression & nausea had lifted 🙏💞.  I am going to attend this service weekly to help with my emotions & hormone changes etc. My shoulders are killing me particularly my right shoulder. Plan to go for a massage today and study for an interview on Tuesday. I need to study over the weekend for this and catch up on my case work from the week. My current child protection job certainly does not add to my mental health. Light & love all 💞

joy2730

Oh no, child protection job, pregnant and withdrawing from ADs, what a stressful mix.  Is the depression you are feeling withdrawal only, or situational, having said that it is probably a mixture of both.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

Joy

Rose9975

I have  suffered from Chronic depression most of my life. My job certainly does not support me. Today has been a really challenging day.Its me trying to manage depression & pregnancy.Acupunture is closed tomorrow & I have a job interview on Tuesday and I  haven't opened a book!!!. Please God I wake tomorrow & the black cloud has lifted. 

“Hormones definitely contribute to the development of depression during pregnancy, there is no doubt about that. There was a greater focus on the sex hormones, but we are now looking at the stress hormones as the condition of pregnancy increases secretion of stress hormones gradually and incrementally as the pregnancy advances. We know that the stress hormones are high in people with depression. We do need some sort of heightened alert system during pregnancy to warn us of any danger to the foetus, but in some women, these hormones can lead to depression.” Lucky me 😢

Rose9975

O.k so went for the interview ...have to wait 2/3 weeks for a reply.

Went to the G.P. today. I could see they wanted me to go back up to 20mg....feeling low now..angry & tired..nurse wanted to refer me to a Psychiatrist no way I said..who am I kidding I suffer from chronic depression. I have my acupuncture tomorrow thank God Mary &  Joesph. Awaiting an appointment with the hospital.

Rose9975

So depressed off my head today.Going to Acupuncture twice weekly.....Going to go back up to 20mg when the baby is born life is too short to feel this suicidal depressed and lethargic. I probably need a higher dose then 20mg I am always low.I wish all well on your tapering process & thanks for the support which I will be eternally grateful 😘💞

joy2730

Hi sorry you feel so bad.  Are you able to try breast feeding with your meds - the reason I ask it that I couldn't on the psychiatric meds I took and it was always a regret of mine but I think.people can with the modern meds.

Joy

Rose9975

Hi Joy, from what I read unfortunately I won't be in a position to breast feed the medication is transferred in the milk.The joys of depression!

Rose9975

30 weeks Pregnant being on antidepressant medication (15mg Lexapro)

Really was not aware of this fact that pregnancy because of blood increase decreases the amount of antipressant in the blood system. Even though I still take 15mg daily my brain is down I'd say to10mg. I have remained adament to not take more medication during pregnancy. Today I am having another depression day. Therefore, I have been tappering throughout my pregnancy.I would love to know if anyone has experienced this. News to me.There is a queue outside of the Psychiatric's office in the maternity hospital. He said he would increase my dosage to compensate for this & reduce my dosage before the baby is born.I went to him once & then stopped just did not feel he was going to offer me anything but medication.

bubble

Hello Rose. I'm so happy to read your update cause I've been thinking about you a lot.

I will read the article you posted. I wrote to dr. Healy about pregnancy and drugs and although it said on the site he might not be able to reply I got his answer within an hour. You could give it a try. Please keep us post it and wishing you the best of luck!