Depresstothecore: Struck after lexapro adverse reaction

Depresstothecore

Update
So its about 1 year it was all started .went through most difficult phase of my life. This phase cost me my job, break up with my gf , financial loss and many other problems.but now i am almost normal.but now with the grace of god most of things are back to normal. My visual snow is only in dark not in day time.tinnitus is also there only in night especially during this winter time.rest all symptoms have gone.

but now after knowing the dangerous effects of these drugs ,i cant continue with them for rest of my life.this bad experience has made me much stronger. Hoping for the rest of symptoms to go away in the coming months so that i can start slow tappering.

Edited by scallywag
add paragraph break

Drug history -escitalopram 10 mg for ocd for 5 years.had to tapper quickly because of drug reaction.started tappering in mid sep 2015 and ckmpleted it in 5 weeks.got acute withdrawal with brain zaps,tingling and numbness in body appeared after few days but subsided completely in mid november.but after 20 days on 6th dec started having new symptoms.which are still increasing .now my symptoms are - tinnitus in ear, blurred vision,floaters, light senstivity. .shaking feeling inside my head .shaky vision, vibrating and twitching feeling in whole body.extreme mood swing ,depression, could not sleep more than 2 hours, confused thoughts in mind before sleeping after closing eyes.intrusive thoughts .

Started fluoxitene 20 mg and clonax 0.5 mg

On 28th feb 2015.

Stopped clonax on 20th march.continuing on 20 mg fluoxietene.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Depresstothecore

• bubble

• SquirrellyGirl

• LexAnger

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus

DTTC: Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. It's good to read that your symptoms have decreased so much. I am sorry to read that not only did you go through tough withdrawal symptoms over the last year but you suffered in other areas of your life.

I hope that your return to stable health and future improvements provide the foundation to build the life you want. (((hugs)))

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thanks scallywag.

I am much stable now.doing job again.it was the time when i became bedridden .it was like end of my life. I didnt know much about taperring .i tappered very fast.now i am much aware of tappering and its efrect.thanks to this site .otherwise i would have not ever be able to figured out ,what was wrong with me.i want you people here to heal and lead and normal and happy life without any drugs.

I have made lot of changes in my lifestyle to lead a stressfree and healthy life.i am now going out for walk daily, doing gym daily ,quit alcohol , doing yoga, meditation daily.this phase changed me alot.everything happens for good in life.i hope one day i will also be drug free.

Drug history -escitalopram 10 mg for ocd for 5 years.had to tapper quickly because of drug reaction.started tappering in mid sep 2015 and ckmpleted it in 5 weeks.got acute withdrawal with brain zaps,tingling and numbness in body appeared after few days but subsided completely in mid november.but after 20 days on 6th dec started having new symptoms.which are still increasing .now my symptoms are - tinnitus in ear, blurred vision,floaters, light senstivity. .shaking feeling inside my head .shaky vision, vibrating and twitching feeling in whole body.extreme mood swing ,depression, could not sleep more than 2 hours, confused thoughts in mind before sleeping after closing eyes.intrusive thoughts .

On 28th feb 2015.

• Moderator Emeritus

I have made lot of changes in my lifestyle to lead a stressfree and healthy life.i am now going out for walk daily, doing gym daily ,quit alcohol , doing yoga, meditation daily.this phase changed me alot.everything happens for good in life.i hope one day i will also be drug free.

This is such a good foundation you have built for yourself, and with this sort of dedication I am sure you will one day be drug-free.  It is very encouraging for all of us here to read. 

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• 8 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

We haven't heard from you for so long. I hope things are still good!

There is this very important survey that may give validation to what we have been through. Every voice matters.

In case you missed it here is the link. They are closing it tomorrow: 

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gSHZN88sOmHDlr

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• 6 months later...

So it has been around 2 years after escitalopram withdrawal.i am stable now .living my life normally.all the symptoms have gone.only mild tinnitus is there. Still taking fluoxitine .i tapered it to 15 mg from 20 mg without any problem.my next target is 10 mg.i am doing it very slowly. Hope to be drug free one day.

On 28th feb 2015.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm glad you're doing so well.  I hope you are not going to go from 15mg to 10 in one drop.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage? 

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Depresstothecore: Struck after lexapro adverse reaction

I will taper very slowly. I decreased 5 mg in 1 year.after such a withdrawal i cant take risk.my target is to be drug free in next 2-3 years.

On 28th feb 2015.

oh, mon histoire est si longue, il y a 21 ans j'ai frappé à la porte de la drogue et depuis la première pilule d'anafranil 25mg avec quelques benzos j'ai été traîné en enfer, il a commencé en mars 1997 pour les deux mois et demi et est rapidement devenu accro, J'ai arrêté la dinde froide et ai eu des zaps de cerveau avec d'autres problèmes comme l'anxiété, la dépression pendant 4 mois puis je les ai rétablis moins que les heures j'étais normal et je me sentais revivre, donc je suis resté un an sur eux. et en avril 2000, j'ai rendu visite à mon psychiatre à nouveau et il m'a prescrit le même anafranil 25 mg et un benzo dipotassium chlorazipate, encore une fois moins que des heures tout est devenu normal mais j'étais somnolent 24/7 &J'ai pris du poids mais mentalement je me sentais bien sur eux un an plus tard mon psychiatre m'a permuté à prozac 20mg en 2001 que j'ai pris pendant 10 ans pendant toutes ces années j'étais complètement guéri j'ai commencé à réduire le benzo pendant ce temps et aucun symptôme en 2011 J'ai commencé à sauter des jours pour quitter prozac puis des semaines puis des mois et tout était correct aucun retrait ressenti. Je suis resté en congé prozac pendant 10 mois, puis j'ai commencé à perdre du poids, insomnie, cauchemars, sueurs nocturnes pendant tout le 10ème mois  un  jour soudainement je me réveille déprimé et attaques de panique à travers le toit, j'ai rétabli mon médicament bien-aimé pensant que je serai bien et normal mais malheureusement j'ai eu des réactions indésirables d'eux, je ai réintégré seulement prozac mais il  n'ai pas aidé et j'ai aussi sérotonine syndrome je suis resté 2 mois coldturkey en 2012.rétabli, mais aller un autre pire épisode de réactions indésirables je montais et doses de baisse pendant toute l'année 2012 jusqu'à ce que je reçois allumer depuis 2013 .puis que mon cerveau est hypersensible à des médicaments, mais j'ai fait plusieurs réintégrations et dindes froides sinus 2013 à maintenant je aussi passé de prozac à lexapro 10 mg (ce qui n'a pas aidé, mais juste aggravé les choses) que j'essaie de réduire maintenant en le titrant dans 100 ml d'eau, im maintenant 2,7 mg mais je ne suis pas guéri ou les retraits ont diminué depuis 2012.im si Dommage, je ne sais rien sur les antidépresseurs trop tard, les réactions indésirables et les dommages au cerveau ou au petit bois.dindes froides sinus 2013 à maintenant je suis également passé de prozac à 10 mg lexapro (qui n'a pas aidé mais juste aggravé les choses) que je tente de réduire maintenant en le titrant dans 100 ml d'eau, im maintenant 2,7 mg mais im pas guéri ou les retraits ont diminué depuis 2012.im tellement mauvais, je ne sais rien sur les antidépresseurs réactions trop tardives et les dommages au cerveau ou d'allumage.dindes froides sinus 2013 à maintenant je suis également passé de prozac à 10 mg lexapro (qui n'a pas aidé mais juste aggravé les choses) que je tente de réduire maintenant en le titrant dans 100 ml d'eau, im maintenant 2,7 mg mais im pas guéri ou les retraits ont diminué depuis 2012.im tellement mauvais, je ne sais rien sur les antidépresseurs réactions trop tardives et les dommages au cerveau ou d'allumage.

désolé pour la longue histoire triste.

Mars 1997- juillet 1997 Anfranil 25 mg, Tranxène 5 mg, Librium 10 mg, sulpiride 50 mg (juillet 1997)

Oct 1997-nov 1998 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (rétabli ces deux médicaments seulement)

Nov 1998-mar 2000 Drugs off ( tapered with my psychiatrist help)

Avril 2000-juin 2001 Anfranil 25mg, Tranxène5mg (réinstatement these only drugs after 18 months off)

jul 2001-sep 2010 Prozac 20mg, Tranxène 5mg (passé de l'anafranil 25 à Prozac 20mg depuis juillet 2001)

jun 2007- jan 2010 Tapered Tranxène 5mg ( quick tapered  it while steel on Prozac 20 mg(les choses se passaient bien, pas de retraits)

sep 2010-mai 2011 Prozac 20mg conique (les choses se passaient bien sans retrait)

mai2011-mar 2012 Dugs gratuits (les choses étaient bien, pas de retraits)

mars 2012 rétabli Prozac 20mg (too late reinstatement = adverse reactions ) 

mar 2012 -apr 2016 prozac 20 mg on / off plusieurs jours cold turkeyed ( going on it back & forth )  et réintégration (effets indésirables et embrasement, neurotoxicity ) 

avril 2016-2018 lexapro 10mg on / off depuis sep 2017 lexapro tapering (effets indésirables et embrasement)