Laughing: Hello!

Laughing

• Administrator

Hello, @Laughing What drugs are you taking now, at what dosages and times o'clock?

You have been on one antidepressant or another for 23 years. Antidepressants tend to dull emotional range. This can get worse as time goes on, or it can be unmasked when you go off the drugs. What we see here is that drug-induced emotional anesthesia very gradually goes away over many months, like withdrawal symptoms.

You may also be experiencing withdrawal effects from your drug reductions. See 

Derealization or Depersonalization

Overwhelmed, demotivated, apathetic? Cannot get going on interest or action

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia 

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see

https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you. Please let us know how you’re doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Alto, just trying to manage this zombie , numb feeling today....

Tapering once a month, 10 percent cut each time.

-Laughing-
'99 to '14, Zoloft for 15 years,(On various doses, last dose was 100mg. Somewhere between those years I was on 30 mg of remeron for 3 year's ) then switched to...
2014 to 2016,  Cymbalta 60mg and Remeron 45mg. 

Sept. 2016, Down to 22mg of remeron,

2020, I am now on 3 mg of cymbalta and 15 mg of remeron. 

2022, I am off of cymbalta! Blessed be God! And now hope to taper remeron.

July 2022...down to 7.5mg of Remeron.

• Administrator

When did you last take Cymbalta? Did you get withdrawal symptoms afterward?

Generally, we advise people not to taper a second drug until they've recovered from withdrawal from the first drug.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I am not on this forum often, so I am not sure where to post theis question.  Can someone tell me if there is a thread about hormone replacement therapy on this site. I

-Laughing-
'99 to '14, Zoloft for 15 years,(On various doses, last dose was 100mg. Somewhere between those years I was on 30 mg of remeron for 3 year's ) then switched to...

• Moderator Emeritus

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you Manymore!

This is so helpful! 

-Laughing-