Momellon: Matazapine questions

Momellon

Hi I'm new here so don't know if Matazapine has been talked about. I came of of this a/d five days ago and was wondering how long the withdrawal lasts and just how bad it gets.

Was put on mirtazapine for anxiety 1 year ago tapered down from 45 mg to 1/4 of 15 mg came off 7 days ago

• Moderator Emeritus

Momellon - I've moved your post to the Introductions Forum so that more people will see your question.

I've done a quick google search and couldn't find a medication called "matazapine."  We do have information about mirtazapine.  Would you check your prescription package (bottle/box) for the name of the drug?

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-18 months particularly? Any drugs prior to that can just be listed with start and stop years. This linked topic explains how to create a signature:

Please put your withdrawal history in signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet