Ketiperri: Horrible cognitive and emotional symptoms

Ketiperri

I do not believe that there is no one who would deal with the thousands of people suffering from ... the doctors who know this terrible worldwide problem, why not start a research on the treatment ??? who could deal with it, to help us? No one? whose symptoms are persistent or intolerable, to commit suicide, no one cares?

I took 45mg of mirtazapine one year ago one month (August 2015 - September 2015) Because i was anxiety. my symptomps: no memory no short -term memory, no emotion, perception, time and space Disorientation, no planning, learning ability, no concentration, imagination power, I do not feel temperature, tastes, smells, poor cognition, confusion, headache in the frontal and temporal lobe, the brain is empty, there is no logical thinking, dr / dp, suicidal thinks

help me please! I can not stand! I can not bathe, eat, anything! No memory, not appreciating the outside world, days, seasons, completely crazy, my brain does not work!

I took 45mg of mirtazapine one year ago one month (August 2015 - September 2015) Because i was anxiety. my symptomps: no memory no short -term memory, no emotion, perception, time and space Disorientation, no planning, learning ability, no concentration, imagination power, I do not feel temperature, tastes, smells, poor cognition, confusion, headache in the frontal and temporal lobe, the brain is empty, there is no logical thinking, dr / dp, suicidal thinks

Hi Keti, I have messaged you. Hopefully a mod will come along and offer some more support :) I have completed a rxisk report and reported my problems to my gp and the MRHA in the uk. Is there a system where you are where you can report your symptoms ?

Started Fluoxetine 40mg In 2010

Switched to citalopram 2011.Fluoxetine made me very drowsy.

Came off citalopram 2014 over 2 weeks tapering as advised by GP. Mild WD symptoms, brain zaps.

Almost 2 years med free, happy and less anxiety.

June 2016 start 20mg citalopram for anxiety, experince akathisa, intrusive harming thoughts, hallucinations, hypermania, negative ruminations, insomnia, no appetite, dioreah, racing thoughts/mind chatter.

Droped to 10mg for 1 week after 10 days on 20mg, then 1 week at 15mg by alternating doses then 1 week at 20mg before dropping to 10mg again for 1 week then 5 days at 5mg. Quick taper due to reaction.

Started .5mg lorozepam/ 2.5mg diazepam every other day from week 2 on cit sometimes daily for about 2 weeks stopped CT as was put on 25mg quetiapine.

Stopped cit 01/8/16. Stopped quetiapine 3/8/16

Taking fish oil

Ketperi, I am terribly sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you. You are not alone. Things will get better, nothing lasts, the symptoms change and get better. Please keep your eyes on the prize. Don't let this evil big pharma system get the better of you. Don't let them win. You and millions of others have been harmed. What you are experiencing is an injury not an illness. Keep on fighting. People do care.

Drugfree Prof

Psychologist and Psychotherapist

Prozac 20 mg for approx 3 months during 2000, withdrew, no w/d sx

Prozac 10 - 30 mg Jan. 2008 - Dec. 2014

Ritalin 30-40 mg Jan. 2008 - Mar. 2015

W/d sx from Prozac started around 3 months after cessation--crying spells, depressed mood, lethargy; resolved in 8 - 12 mos. post cessation

Used and continue to use a TON of alternative methods--meditation, mindfulness, nutrition. supplements, exercise, etc.

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do or advise you to do that will take away your symptoms.

You've posted about what you can't do. What can you do? What is working in your life?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Thank you for your support. I try to think that it will be better. this is hell on earth. I am reading success stories. that's all I can do now. Confusion is terrible!!!

What do you think about TMS? I was on hiperbaric oxygen therapy at yesterday, but not help.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please have a look at these discussion topics in the Symptoms and self-care forum:

TMS(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation)?
Alpah-stim, Fisher-Wallace Sota Biotuner, etc.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

hi everyone! How are you? what do you think, what is the best anti-depressant? I know everyone is different, but I wonder what may be the least dangerous. Thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ketiperri,

This site is about helping people taper safely OFF antidepressants and other psychiatric medications.  We are a peer support group, not medical professionals.  Please consult a medical professional.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

hi everyone! How are you? what do you think, what is the best anti-depressant? I know everyone is different, but I wonder what may be the least dangerous. Thanks!

hi keti, i really wouldn't go back in that if i were you... i tried reinstatement after 4 months of pure hellish withdrawal, and the reinstatement did NOTHING for me, excepet that i had to add new drugs to come off that safely this time... try doind supplements, and alternative medicine, also i saw that you were on the drug for one month? and now are expiriencing withdrawal for more then a year? omg, sorry to hear, gonna be praying for you, you are not alone in this

(i'm brazlian so please, ignore spelling mistakes) 2015 the beggining of the year started with effexor xr 37,5

went up to 300mgs

in october of 2015 quitted COLD TURKEY/took olanzapine 5mgs for 2 weeks around november/ reinstated effexor in january of 2016

in march of 2016 was at 300mg again

in may tappered effexor xr and added trazodone 150mgs, seroquel 50mgs and abilify 10 mgs/in july cold turkey from abilify (no big deal)

in september tried reducing trazadone to 50mg

after 2 weeks went back to 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel and added 2 mgs of klonopin to use WHEN NEEDEED

currently taking 150mgs of trazadone and 50 mgs of seroquel at night

Thanks. I do not know to recover because I had a terrible reaction to it. completely shut down my brain, so you can not live. I do not know what to do. I tried every alternative supplements, vitamins, they are not doing anything. my brain is dead.

Hi Ketiperri.

I can understand and empathize with your thoughts here. When I first came upon this site , I was looking for the " perfect antidepressant". I had been told that I needed to be on it for life so I wanted to find one with no side effects that I could live with indefinitely. Unfortunately, no such drug exists. They are all toxic, have numerous side effects and are ultimately debilitating in the long term.

There are no safe drugs. They are all equally dangerous.

I think of it like Newton's third law : For every action , there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every drug there is at least one but usually numerous " equal & opposite " reactions as the body struggles to make sense of the incoming poison and reacts accordingly ( side effects ) . In response, it over corrects every system in the body. Unfortunately, It usually seems to strike at the weakest and most vulnerable points.

Given time and the right conditions the body can heal from the assault. You can foster this through self-care and non-drug coping skills. Yoga, meditation, deep breathing, exercise, sunlight and good nutrition are key tools in this recovery.   

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Eventually healing takes place but to do that it needs to be either free of / or tapering the drugs.

Switching from one poison to another isn't going to heal you in my opinion.

Your brain might feel dead now but it will come alive again in time. It's nature's healer. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Ketiperri - 

my brain is dead. 

No, your brain is protecting you from extreme Neuro-emotion.  

Anhedonia, numbness, is a gift that our brain gives us when it seems all too much.

You need to look at a number of factors in your life to find out why your brain is protecting you.

Most of these extreme states are caused by trauma.  While this is not the place for it - look at what happened to you, and how you are protecting yourself from future traumas.

Is your home a safe place to live?  Do you have relationships?  Are you able to work, achieve some independence?  I know English is not your native tongue, but like Scally said, all we hear is what you can't do.

The way out of this hole is to find what you can do.  Maybe it's something simple, like folding laundry, or watching out the window, or watching children's shows on TV.  

I sat for 10 years and smoked and flipped pages of books.  I said I was reading, but I don't remember any of the things I read, even the good books - it was just waiting.  But even during that time, I was doing things - I was pretending to read because that brought me comfort.  While I read, I was smoking, so I was outside - so I learned a bit about birds and trees in my new country.

Take short walks.  Even one walk around the block, if it is safe, will bring new stimulus to you.  If you do it every day, you will notice changes from day to day - flowers that bloom, or the neighbors and their children going to the park, or who drives what car.  

Your brain is not dead.  My husband had a stroke & has a golf-ball sized hole in his brain.  If his brain can heal, so can yours.  But you cannot sit and cry and moan that it is so bad - and expect it to get better.  You have to make some choices that will change your brain.

Start with a daily walk, that is the best thing.  Then add fish oil, which is essential to your brain's healing.  

You will not see dramatic improvements - maybe you just saw a bird that you never noticed before.  Maybe it was a shiny pebble that you wanted to pick up and hold in your hand.  Believe me, these tiny things are huge gifts towards healing.

I hope you see the sun today.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

I am the darkest depression. there is no perception, orientation, executive functions, design, memory, nothing. Since my days in bed, I can not eat, bathe, but my brain is dead. Every morning I wake up that I do not know where I was, what to do, how to dress, eat, anything. I'm confused. I do not recognize my own room. psychotic major depression, and Alzheimer's. but I beg all day that I die. there is no sense to the outside world. Thank you for your support.

• Moderator Emeritus

Keti, we cannot help you with your symptoms other than how we have. Is there a suicide or mental distress phone service you can call?

Please pardon this translation via Google translate:

Nem tudunk segíteni, akkor eltérő módon van. Van egy öngyilkos válság telefonvonalat hívhatjuk?

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

I did an online search and found this information:

SOS Telefon Lelkisegely Alapitvany
Kossuth L. sgt. 42. 6720
SZEGED
Hotline: (62) 420 111
E-mail Helpline: sostelefon@deltav.hu
24 Hour service

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

help! What should I do? My mind is completely off! no memory, emotion, orientation, I do not know where I am, I can not bathe, eat, plan, nothing! please help! anyone else had this ????

• Moderator Emeritus

Please read the 2 quotes above your most recent one. I've quoted them here:

Keti, we cannot help you with your symptoms other than how we have. Is there a suicide or mental distress phone service you can call?

Nem tudunk segíteni, akkor eltérő módon van. Van egy öngyilkos válság telefonvonalat hívhatjuk?

Kossuth L. sgt. 42. 6720
SZEGED
24 Hour service

scallywag's Introduction

Thank you but I do not know anymore. my brain is completely dead, I do not know what I'm doing. Please, I beg you, pray for me to get a better tomorrow. I ask you!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

keti, we're not asking you if you know anything. We are suggesting that you get support from a person or persons who can respond to your questions and issues as you need them.

We are an information source for people who are both

1. dealing with withdrawal from psycho-neuro-active medications

--- and ---

2. willing to take actions to cope with the symptoms.

Are you willing to take actions?  If yes, please read some of the topics we have linked for you in previous replies.

If prayer is an important part of your life, you may find this thread helpful: Let's pray for one another.

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Javasoljuk, hogy keresse meg a támogatás Magyarországon

English translation:  We encourage you to look for support in Hungary

• 2 weeks later...

hi. how are you? It was someone else so that his brain did not work? I have no perception, time perception, planning, memory, emotion, orientation, external world, nothing .... Helped something? I feel i m crazy :(

Hi Kettiperri. Please reread this :

Please read the 2 quotes above your most recent one. I've quoted them here:

Kossuth L. sgt. 42. 6720
SZEGED
24 Hour service

Please get some face to face help. We can only offer so much as an online community. 

Best wishes,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ketiperri,

Please contact the people in Hungary to help you by phone or in person.  Sorry we tried to help.  We can not give you the help you need.

Google translation:

Kérjük, lépjen kapcsolatba az emberek közé tartozik, hogy segítsen telefonon vagy személyesen.  Sajnáljuk igyekeztünk segíteni.  Nem tudjuk adni a szükséges segítséget.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! how are you? I'm very sick. My mind is completely empty :( why my symptoms worse day after day, week after week? What do you think? more than 1year not taking mirtazapine and my symptomps to get worse! What could be the reason? I dont take other medicines. thanks!

• Moderator Emeritus

Keti we have explained in previous messages why we think you are having symptoms and why they change in strength.  I'm not sure what else we can tell you.

Are you willing to try a very small dose of an antidepressant, such as mirtazapine, for 2-3 weeks to see if your symptoms get better?

scallywag's Introduction

• 3 weeks later...

Kettiperry - did you have any adverse reactions whilst on the drug? It seems mirtazapine is awful for producing these exact same symptoms. I am so sorry.....I can totally relate.

Edited by scallywag
deleted comments about reinstatement

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

my mind is completely crazy. this never wake up. totally empthy. i do not know what to do. my symptomps are getting worse every day. there is no perception, memory, think, learn function. i can not eat, bath, nothing. i am not in contact with the outside world. my mind does not give instructions what to do. i just sit and out of my head. help please. what do you think about ayahuasca?

• Moderator Emeritus

We don't suggest medications, including "natural" ones, to treat withdrawal symptoms. Please read the topics at these links:

Ayahuasca, phenethylamines, tryptamines, etc.

Psychedelic mushrooms, ayahuasca and other halluciongens

scallywag's Introduction

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry to report Keti has passed away. Her name was Kata, 28 years old from Hungary. She fought very hard every day for over 3 years but sadly her condition deteriorated over the last year or so and she never saw any improvement. 

She raised a lot of awareness about these drugs and tried to also help others in need. Rest in peace Kata xx

Started Fluoxetine 40mg In 2010

Switched to citalopram 2011.Fluoxetine made me very drowsy.

Came off citalopram 2014 over 2 weeks tapering as advised by GP. Mild WD symptoms, brain zaps.

Almost 2 years med free, happy and less anxiety.

June 2016 start 20mg citalopram for anxiety, experince akathisa, intrusive harming thoughts, hallucinations, hypermania, negative ruminations, insomnia, no appetite, dioreah, racing thoughts/mind chatter.

Droped to 10mg for 1 week after 10 days on 20mg, then 1 week at 15mg by alternating doses then 1 week at 20mg before dropping to 10mg again for 1 week then 5 days at 5mg. Quick taper due to reaction.

Started .5mg lorozepam/ 2.5mg diazepam every other day from week 2 on cit sometimes daily for about 2 weeks stopped CT as was put on 25mg quetiapine.

Stopped cit 01/8/16. Stopped quetiapine 3/8/16

Taking fish oil

• Administrator

We are all very sad to hear of this. I wish we could have helped Kata.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

this is so unbearably sad to hear 😢😢😢😢😢

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

Im very sorry what has happened to Kata...

Im currently dealing with anhedonia and on my 4th day of Olanzapine withdrawals after being on it for 3 weeks... I'm fearful that I will also pass away like Kata..! Can anyone please shed some more light on the manner of her passing? Why was she not getting better? 

I didn't taper and just stopped cold turkey as I thought 3 weeks was short, and I was taking 2.5mg halved mostly for the three weeks with 2 days of 5mg...

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reason for Medication

Anxiety (money problems, future, lack of physical safety, dangerous environment) causing mild insomnia.

Summary    

2010 - Lexapro - (took one tablet (vomiting, tremors, high anxiety) stopped without any issues)

2013 - Cymbalta - (60mg daily for 7 months - cold turkey without any major issues aside from nausea/vomiting, "brain zaps" and dizziness)

2013 - Seroquel - (a low dose for roughly 1 month - weight gain of 20kg, cold turkey because of rapid weight gain without any issues)

2018 - September 4th - (Cymbalta 20mg for two days, stopped due to tremors & anxiety)

2018 - September 9th - (Olanzapine 2.5mg until October 3rd, then 5mg once, then back to 2.5mg once, then took random varying doses every day for a week from 2.5mg up to 5.0mg due to panic caused by the drug, then I attempted withdrawal Cold Turkey (recommenced at lower dose after 4 days of trying to withdraw Cold Turkey - I took 0.625mg every night until I finally successfully stopped cold turkey roughly one week later).

• Moderator Emeritus

That’s soooo sad😔

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Shane88L said:

Im very sorry what has happened to Kata...

Im currently dealing with anhedonia and on my 4th day of Olanzapine withdrawals after being on it for 3 weeks... I'm fearful that I will also pass away like Kata..! Can anyone please shed some more light on the manner of her passing? Why was she not getting better? 

I didn't taper and just stopped cold turkey as I thought 3 weeks was short, and I was taking 2.5mg halved mostly for the three weeks with 2 days of 5mg...

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane, we'll answer your questions in your own Introductions topic.

Kata did not post often, so we don't know exactly what happened. She was always in despair, but did not respond to our questions. She may have been in a very difficult life situation as well as having adverse drug effects. Please be aware that her tragedy is not your life story, it belongs to her.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.