brassmonkey

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

iamsosmall

And another piece of the puzzle falls into place.  "Love" is listed as one of the things we can spiral around.  I feel so much better reading that as I have for the most part felt like I have a crush on an authority figure in my life that there is no way it could ever go the way my mind keeps trying to portray it to me.  I understand I don't feel towards him in a romantic way yet love the guy intensely.  It has made no sense to me so I keep thinking about it and questioning it.  I see him on an almost daily basis so that makes it hard but keep telling myself that I am not, nor will I ever be on his radar.  I thank God for that but it hasn't made the feelings go away either so I just do my best at my work and try to enjoy the fact that I am feeling the emotion of love at all.  I just would like it to be a little less intense.  

I will keep plugging away here as I am learning so much!

Pandemonium713

I looked up anger spirals to see if there was anything in the forums about controlling them because I'm living in a halfway house at the moment and one of the women in my unit keeps stealing my food and I was again trying so hard not to go psycho hulk at her tonight because that will lead to violence and lead to me losing a place to live right now so it is so important that I manage my anger and this forum was soooo helpful. I can't believe how accurate just everything you explained was. It's soooo amazing to have someone able to explain this symptom (and others) of ADWD and tell me exactly how I can manage and defuse it. THANK YOU

iamsosmall

Add on to the emotional spiral on "love".  The intense feelings I was having for this person in my life have finally abated.  Thank God!  Still not totally normal but getting closer.  I can finally believe it will be okay.

Help777

Hi Brassmonkey et al,

as i withdraw from the last of the lithium i am reminded of how i felt at the worst of effexor withdrawal.  I have these rage attacks and get so upset amd angry about things that don’t normally bother me.  It’s almost like i am looking for a reason to hsve one of these episodes.  I hate them amd they take so long to recover after my flight or fight response is activated so I don’t know why i let myself chase after something that could be upsetting.  So frustrating.  Any advice?

with thanks,

help