Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009

Bluebird2009
2 hours ago, BAT said:

How are you doing Bluebird?

Did you have the biopsy done and get the results?

Yes Bat everything is good, biopsy clear but nodes still up, it must be whatever is going on in my body. Awful that a drug causes such suffering. Hope you are okūüėä

Bluebird2009

Hello everyone, I hope you are all ok. I went to a EMDR therapist today who is very good in my country. He feels that EMDR can help with my hypersensitive system and we are starting next week. He feels my system is in such high alert the body won't tolerate meds, is this correct? Last week my stomach was very bad and I had to take lansoprazole for a week and I got more unwell as the week went on and had severe swallowing issues. It had taken 5 days since stopping medication for the swallow to return to normal and my head symptoms which is very low mood with taking any drug and intense fear to go away. Anyone tell me what's going on and also can EMDR be helpful. He says I have had repeated trauma throughout life and withdrawal has been another trauma and because I have worried so much the body is in a hyper arousal state. Thank you and any advice much appreciated.

Bluebird2009

My acupuncturist did some sort of massage on my neck and I feel has done something to my vagus nerve, I'm having major stomach issues and lack of appetite. Any advice 

Bluebird2009
On 9/20/2015 at 12:51 AM, Altostrata said:

Yes, you will recover, it may take a long time. You will need to support yourself in healing and not dwell on the fear and uncertainty.

Alto can I ask your opinion please. I was on the lethal prozac for 18years but had been having what I now know to be absent seizures for the last 4 yrs on and the first year off. Subsided now I think, I was doing not wonderful but dealing with it until I had a procedure 4 weeks ago and they gave me sedation which I told them small dose as I may react. Well to cut a story short I took severe head pain and numbness down the left side, the numbness has subsided but the headaches are severe, fatigue back and body stuck on high alert and now tolerating very little, no drugs and I had started to tolerate some in small dose, minimal food and severe stressed body and crying g again. Does this sound like permanent damage that I have or have I hope of recovery. I'm petrified as I feel so unwell again and head pain that I have never suffered before. I have eventually got a Doctor who believes a drug caused this and is trying to support me, he also said he believes in neurotoxcity but says many don't.I wld appreciate your advice please. 

Altostrata

What does "absent seizures" mean?

Did you have the pain down the left side and headaches before the procedure? Can these symptoms be related to the surgery? How are you sleeping?

Bluebird2009
4 hours ago, Altostrata said:

What does "absent seizures" mean?

Did you have the pain down the left side and headaches before the procedure? Can these symptoms be related to the surgery? How are you sleeping?

Absent seizures are like when the you go into a daze and a senario goes through your mind and then you can't remember what you where thinking about. And a strange feeling through the body, it only lasts seconds. I didn't have surgery just an ODG of stomach to check all was ok. Nothing like this before procedure or before it was definitely brought on by the drug they gave me. Also it was only supposed to make me sleepy but I was out cold for an hour and they had trouble wakening me. This has been very different and set my nervous system into high alert. Poor sleep and don't sleep at all when I take my period this started when I stopped the meds, I used to sleep a lot while on meds.

Bluebird2009
6 minutes ago, Bluebird2009 said:

Absent seizures are like when the you go into a daze and a senario goes through your mind and then you can't remember what you where thinking about. And a strange feeling through the body, it only lasts seconds. I didn't have surgery just an ODG of stomach to check all was ok. Nothing like this before procedure or before it was definitely brought on by the drug they gave me. Also it was only supposed to make me sleepy but I was out cold for an hour and they had trouble wakening me. My head goes like this after any meds I take but usually only last a matter of hours. But this has been very different and set my nervous system into high alert.

A I don't tolerate any medication or supplements include intravenous now, do you think this will be permanent? It started 6months before stopping prozac but I was still able to take supplements and then when I came off completely I tolerate nothing. Is this brain damage or autonomic dysregulation?

mammaP

Hi Bluebird, I am sorryto see  that you have reacted so badly to the sedative. I also have to be very, very careful what I take because I react to drugs and many supplements.  I am not a doctor but I do not believe this is permanent, your nervous system was disrupted before the procedure and it has thrown you into another wave of symptoms.  I once accidentally took a full 75mg dose of effexor after being off for some time. Can't remember how long I had been off but it affected me very badly and took 8 months to get back to where I was. Hopefully it will not take you so long but you will get there again.  Have you looked at monica's blog, beyondmeds?  Last year she took a drug after years of recovering and landed in the hospital with a massive reaction. She was in intensive care but is recovering now. It happens to many of us and sometimes it is necessary to have procedures etc, but the effects do usually lessen in time. I want to say that with absolute certainty but I am not a doctor.  Try not to panic, take good care of yourself  don't fight it. Let it wash over you and let your body heal itself.  Your brain and nervous system are remarkable and are working hard to regain homeostasis, you will get there I am sure of it. 

Vonnegutjunky

@mammaP- could you point me to Monica’s post? I would

love to read her story 

mammaP
11 minutes ago, Vonnegutjunky said:

@mammaP- could you point me to Monica’s post? I would

love to read her story 

This is Monica's blog. She still posts here occasionally but mostly on her blog. 

https://beyondmeds.com/

Bluebird2009
3 hours ago, mammaP said:

Hi Bluebird, I am sorryto see  that you have reacted so badly to the sedative. I also have to be very, very careful what I take because I react to drugs and many supplements.  I am not a doctor but I do not believe this is permanent, your nervous system was disrupted before the procedure and it has thrown you into another wave of symptoms.  I once accidentally took a full 75mg dose of effexor after being off for some time. Can't remember how long I had been off but it affected me very badly and took 8 months to get back to where I was. Hopefully it will not take you so long but you will get there again.  Have you looked at monica's blog, beyondmeds?  Last year she took a drug after years of recovering and landed in the hospital with a massive reaction. She was in intensive care but is recovering now. It happens to many of us and sometimes it is necessary to have procedures etc, but the effects do usually lessen in time. I want to say that with absolute certainty but I am not a doctor.  Try not to panic, take good care of yourself  don't fight it. Let it wash over you and let your body heal itself.  Your brain and nervous system are remarkable and are working hard to regain homeostasis, you will get there I am sure of it. 

Thank you mamma p I just can't cope with the fear of not being able to except treatment for things and it's a real worry. But I do hope in the future that things ease to a degree. I didn't realise the beyond meds lady was in hospital, how does that work out with treatment as surely the hospital wld try more drugs to reverse reaction. It's the not being believed that causes me the most problems as he medical profession here just dismiss reactions and say this can't happenūüôĀ

Altostrata

Were these "absence seizures" diagnosed with a test or are you saying this is what they feel like?

Most people who have prolonged withdrawal syndrome here have hypersensitivity to drugs. If you've reacted to a drug used during the procedure, it will take time for your nervous system to settle down.

How are you sleeping?

Bluebird2009
57 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Were these "absence seizures" diagnosed with a test or are you saying this is what they feel like?

Most people who have prolonged withdrawal syndrome here have hypersensitivity to drugs. If you've reacted to a drug used during the procedure, it will take time for your nervous system to settle down.

How are you sleeping?

Not sleeping very well and haven't been for a while. Consultant told me he felt the symptoms sounded like absent seizures but no test. Anytime I try to take anything I have bent in two head pain which feels like brain damage. Any idea if it will heal? I'm 2 years drug free now and have never been right but this sedation really ramped up symptoms. Thank you for any advice as I'm petrified 

Altostrata

"Absence seizures" can be confirmed with a test. You should insist on a test to rule out or confirm that diagnosis. It could be quite important.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:54 AM, Bluebird2009 said:

Anytime I try to take anything I have bent in two head pain which feels like brain damage.

What have you tried to take?

When you don't try drugs, Is the head pain constant or occasional?

You might take a look at this One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

Lamotrigine is an anti-seizure drug. It can reduce post-discontinuation syndrome and calm the nervous system when it's upset from other drugs. Please read those topics carefully, only a very small dose is called for.

Bluebird2009
11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

"Absence seizures" can be confirmed with a test. You should insist on a test to rule out or confirm that diagnosis. It could be quite important.

What have you tried to take?

When you don't try drugs, Is the head pain constant or occasional?

You might take a look at this One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Lamictal (lamotrigine) to calm post-discontinuation withdrawal symptoms

Lamotrigine is an anti-seizure drug. It can reduce post-discontinuation syndrome and calm the nervous system when it's upset from other drugs. Please read those topics carefully, only a very small dose is called for.

What sort of test? They are. Atefil with testing as I react to any dye that is put in, sedation, antibiotics, supplements absolutely everything it is very strange even vitamin c tablet. I'm going for nerve conduction study next week, I can't have a spect scan due to dye. My headaches had all stopped and no more absent seizures a year ago but then I had sedation 3 weeks ago and went numb done my left side and excruciating headaches and have been suffering since but they are starting to not be as bad now. I can now and again take a lorazepam when things are bad but then I'm very anxious the next day my nervous system is in high alert. I have had an MRI brain scan and it is normal. What test wld I need.  Thank  you 

Bluebird2009
1 hour ago, Bluebird2009 said:

What sort of test? They are. Atefil with testing as I react to any dye that is put in, sedation, antibiotics, supplements absolutely everything it is very strange even vitamin c tablet. I'm going for nerve conduction study next week, I can't have a spect scan due to dye. My headaches had all stopped and no more absent seizures a year ago but then I had sedation 3 weeks ago and went numb done my left side and excruciating headaches and have been suffering since but they are starting to not be as bad now. I can now and again take a lorazepam when things are bad but then I'm very anxious the next day my nervous system is in high alert. I have had an MRI brain scan and it is normal. What test wld I need.  Thank  you 

Sorry the first line is they are very careful with testing as I react so badly to things. The sedation has set my headaches crazy I have been headache and absent seizure free since July unless I took a medication then I had headache for a matter of hours and then it settled

ChessieCat

A google search easily found this:

You may have¬†absence seizures¬†repeatedly for years before heading to the doctor for a diagnosis. You may have ‚Äústaring¬†spells‚ÄĚ without thinking of them as a medical problem or a¬†seizure. An EEG is a¬†test¬†most often used to diagnose¬†absence seizures.

And this:

Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method to record electrical activity of the brain. It is typically noninvasive, with the electrodes placed along the scalp, although invasive electrodes are sometimes used such as in electrocorticography.

Bluebird2009
4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

A google search easily found this:

You may have¬†absence seizures¬†repeatedly for years before heading to the doctor for a diagnosis. You may have ‚Äústaring¬†spells‚ÄĚ without thinking of them as a medical problem or a¬†seizure. An EEG is a¬†test¬†most often used to diagnose¬†absence seizures.

And this:

Electroencephalography (EEG) is an electrophysiological monitoring method to record electrical activity of the brain. It is typically noninvasive, with the electrodes placed along the scalp, although invasive electrodes are sometimes used such as in electrocorticography.

Would these seizures cause the body not to tolerate any medication? Or is that more from withdrawal? I really am binging tonthink I have permanent damage as no one seems to have the medication intolerance as bad as I do and even smells of things make me unwell

Bluebird2009
On 6/24/2018 at 4:04 PM, mammaP said:

Thank you mamma p I just can't cope with the fear of not being able to except treatment for things and it's a real worry. But I do hope in the future that things ease to a degree. I didn't realise the beyond meds lady was in hospital, how does that work out with treatment as surely the hospital wld try more drugs to reverse reaction. It's the not being believed

Bluebird2009

Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping ok. I just want to let people know that I think I'm slowly recovering from withdrawal or what ever it is I have been suffering from. I am starting to tolerate some supplements again and my morning anxiety has stopped! My sleep is getting better and I'm able to dose during the day now aswell. Very low during my period but get back up again. I finally can see light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of symptoms still there but a lot of improvements. Maybe this can help to give others some hope as I really felt I had permanent damage. Take care all x

Gridley

That is great news, Bluebird.  Very encouraging.  Thanks for checking in.

wantrelief

That is wonderful news, Bluebird!  

Bluebird2009
On 9/8/2018 at 12:37 AM, wantrelief said:

That is wonderful news, Bluebird!  

I think I spoke too soon, I'm tolerating things as in I'm not having pain in my liver anymore or feeling as fatigued but I have been taking omeprazole and a probiotic now for 5 days and I have came out cover in itchy rash on legs and arms so I'm not toleratingūüôĀ I have been told I'm reacting to things due to my body being so stressed but I'm stressed because I can't tolerate ¬†can anyone tell me is this me that is the problem rather than a drug I was on? If I persevered with another antidepressant would this all go away? My anxiety during the day is horrific and I'm so stressed I now have severe gastritis and really need omeprazole to heal it but I'm frightened again. Help needed¬†

Bluebird2009

Can anyone tell me are swollen lymph nodes part of withdrawal? I have nodes underarms, groins and neck, had groin biopsy and normal but they can't tell me why they are up. Any help please 

Gridley

Please Google "Surviving Antidepressants swollen lymph nodes."  Undercut apparently had swollen lymph nodes as part of withdrawal.  

Bluebird2009
14 minutes ago, Gridley said:

Please Google "Surviving Antidepressants swollen lymph nodes."  Undercut apparently had swollen lymph nodes as part of withdrawal.  

Thank you, this has came on very suddenly and also extreme fatigue.  Getting tested for addisons, not sure if withdrawal or what it is. 

Alice1

I have a swollen lymph node in my neck ,and I have a friend in the CT benzo community with one too .