waves12: 8 months after cold turkey and can barely cope

waves12

It is horrible for sure. Can't settle at all this last few days. Hard to distract. Just wait for bedtime all day. Even then it continues and sleep is minimum. 

I hope it goes away.

Thanks Alice 

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

Citalopram for two weeks only May 2016  to June 2016, last AD taken and CT'd.

2012 to May 2016 Duloxitine 60mg. Doctor switched to Citalopram 20mg May 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

My anxiety is off the scale this last few weeks, I almost phoned an ambulance several times but then would be sectioned and drugged, seems a nice thought at times.

I am struggling so badly with anxiety that I can barely get out of bed never mind leave the house.

How am i ever going to recover from this?

Anyone else relate and recovered from this high anxiety, it has me by the throat and I am very scared, no life at all, not seeing anyone becasue I am a jittering shaking mess. Going to lose everything and everyone and have lost lots of friends already as they cant coppe with how I am and that I cant go out.

Spoke to one of my sons this morning and he was very upset wants me to see a shrink.

I cant go on like this and I dont know what to do anymore.

If anyone can offer any help at all I would appreciate it very much.

Various antipressants from 1991 to 2016, Sertraline and many switches over the years.

Last AD's taken:

I feel like I can’t go on either.   It’s been like this for 1.5 years now.   Somehow we will get through this 

May 2018:  1 dropper liquid marajuana

june 2018. Trazadone ambien 10 mg

july 2018 seroquel 37 mg ambien 2.5mg lex 5

October 2018 taper seroquel added hydroxizine 25 mg

nov ambien taper lex taper 

dec 2018 off of lex off of phenibut

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

May 2019. Down to the following at night 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

Feb 2020:Off all supplements and pills.

44 minutes ago, Goosie said:

I feel like I can’t go on either.   It’s been like this for 1.5 years now.   Somehow we will get through this 

Thanks for reply. Its a terrible way to live. I feel like i am losing hope and just cant see an end at all, its 39 months for me now and anxiety been so bad now for over a year. Exected to be done with symptoms by now.

Last AD's taken:

You have been off meds for 39 months?

What ere you on?

Do you have any other symptoms?

I have been off 36 months and still going through a very hard time. 

I was also on many AD''s being switched so many times because of side effects, being c/t off all of them.  

In June 2014 I was taking Celexa for 2 days, 25 mg zoloft 8 weeks, 10 mg Paxil 3 months and 10 mg Lexapro 1 month tapered off in 2 wks.. Was on a total of 6 months had side effects to them all. Went off and had my first panic attack a month later in January 2015. In March 2015 was having stomach issues and was put on Xanax for a week Dr. Said it was anxiety. End of that week woke up heart racing so was put back on Lexapro 5 MG and the next night is when my sleep got messed up. Literally not sleeping

Was it the Xanax or lexapro?? Went off sleep on and off and taking Xanax on and off. The end of April 2015 tried Buspar for 2 days and had side effects and could not sleep at all. Middle of May 2015 went on Ambien and lexapro again. Inner vibration started. Switched to paxil. Went off Ambien in June 2015 and off Paxil July 2015. October 2015 got worse went of zoloft 12.5 mg through December 2015. I was tolerating what I was going through January and February 2016. Then March got worse with horrible panic. Tried hypnotherapy in May 2016 a couple times couldn't Relax when she started counting backwards it freaked me out. Started not sleeping again in May. Went back on Xanax for 2 months May-July 2016. Tried liquid Prozac 5 mg then 10 mg side effects July - August then switched Zoloft 12.5 mg August - September 2016. Been off antidepressants since September 5, 2016. Been off Xanax since July 28, 2016, but I have taken it 8 other times since then through May 2017. Have symptoms going on with agoraphobia. Is this withdrawal??

May 2017 feeling horrible and more intense symptoms.

Hi waves 

never lose hope ever.

Even when you feel like you can’t take another minute that is when the tide can turn for anybody.

Its a long road but it’s the one that’s bringing you back home to your self.

Just keep holding on & keep going no matter.

Even when you are breathing the CNS is healing.

Every single symtom is healing in action.

❤️

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

Hi Waves ..

You are healing . This is what it feels like .. Experts have said that this healing can take a very long time . 8-10 years sometimes . You've invested nearly 3.5 of those years already ..Give it more time .. Also , as we've discussed privately , we need to reduce as much stress as possible . Our CNS is inflamed and we need to soothe it as much as possible .. Just like how a broken bone needs a cast . Unlike regular cells , neurons take way way longer to heal .. Create the best environment you can to assist that .. Regular non medication anxiety disorders are fueled and continued by stress alone , and fearing the way we feel is a HUGE stressor .. Don't think for a second that this doesn't apply to us ..  Also , we can't expect to calm ourselves down and feel better right away .. We have to practice calming ourselves for months before we see the slightest change .. Passive acceptance .. Then when we see that change it starts to get easier .. Easier said than done I know , but that's what it is ..

December 2014 - Lexapro 20 mg

August 2016 Med free (6 week taper)

December 22 2021  added Abilify 5mg / Ativan .5mg / Depakote ER 1000mg

Discontinued Abilify 5mg on 12-30-21---accidental dose on 1-13-22 (looks like Ativan)

Ativan PRN/Discontinued 1-14-22

Only drug is Depakote ER 1000mg ( looking to taper slow and safe for once )

3/24/22 Depakote 625mg 

Propranolol 20-40mg  PRN

6 hours ago, BAT said:

You have been off meds for 39 months?

What ere you on?

Do you have any other symptoms?

I have been off 36 months and still going through a very hard time. 

I was also on many AD''s being switched so many times because of side effects, being c/t off all of them.  

Hi Bat

I was on many different Ad's over the years and was switched many times over a 25 year period. Also had Zopiclone for 10 years a sleeping pill which is like a benzo I have learnt. All cold turkey. I didn't know any better at the time and hadn't found this site. So yes 39 months now since. 

I have pains come and go and recently frequent urination which put my anxiety up through the roof as was so scared of what was wrong. All tests done and nothing found so it's anxiety and stress. 

Also have pelvic pain now and its very painful to sit down and all to due with clenching muscles because of frequency. 

I am a mess in all ways. 

Depression has seeped back with all this but the anxiety is the big one and hard to function at all. 

How are you doing? What are your days like?

Last AD's taken:

5 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Hi waves 

never lose hope ever.

Even when you feel like you can’t take another minute that is when the tide can turn for anybody.

Its a long road but it’s the one that’s bringing you back home to your self.

Just keep holding on & keep going no matter.

Even when you are breathing the CNS is healing.

Every single symtom is healing in action.

❤️

Thanks Pink

So kind of you to comment. 

I read your reply too on the other part. 

Pleased you moving fwd with good acceptance. Was ready to call crisis team today but know that's not gonna help. 

It's such a long time to feel so bad and I have new symptoms in the last 3 months which have taken me down and down.

Anxiety is unmanageable and can't get a grip on it now and fight flight is just constant and so scarey.

Last AD's taken:

5 hours ago, Alice1 said:

Hi Waves ..

You are healing . This is what it feels like .. Experts have said that this healing can take a very long time . 8-10 years sometimes . You've invested nearly 3.5 of those years already ..Give it more time .. Also , as we've discussed privately , we need to reduce as much stress as possible . Our CNS is inflamed and we need to soothe it as much as possible .. Just like how a broken bone needs a cast . Unlike regular cells , neurons take way way longer to heal .. Create the best environment you can to assist that .. Regular non medication anxiety disorders are fueled and continued by stress alone , and fearing the way we feel is a HUGE stressor .. Don't think for a second that this doesn't apply to us ..  Also , we can't expect to calm ourselves down and feel better right away .. We have to practice calming ourselves for months before we see the slightest change .. Passive acceptance .. Then when we see that change it starts to get easier .. Easier said than done I know , but that's what it is ..

Thanks Alice1

I know all you say it true and thanks for replying today I really needed it. 

With my new symptoms I have lost the plot with fear and stress and frequent bathroom visits are very distressing. 

My acceptance over this is nil. Not helpful at all to be angry and stressed over it. 

As you say have to keep practising ways to reduce stress, it's very hard to do and I am in a constant state of fear 24/7. Sleep is bad and up to bathroom every few hours and each time I have to get up anxiety kicks in and then awake from 3am/4am every night. So exhausted in every way. 

Meditation is hard as mind overrides it. 

Need to learn to calm down again. 

Again thank you for your encouraging words. 

Hope you doing ok today and not suffering too much. 

Waves 

Last AD's taken:

On 9/21/2019 at 10:05 PM, waves12 said:

Thanks Pink

So kind of you to comment. 

I read your reply too on the other part. 

Pleased you moving fwd with good acceptance. Was ready to call crisis team today but know that's not gonna help. 

It's such a long time to feel so bad and I have new symptoms in the last 3 months which have taken me down and down.

Anxiety is unmanageable and can't get a grip on it now and fight flight is just constant and so scarey.

I hear you totally waves.I am sorry I really understand the anxiety part it’s like it’s a mind of its own.

All chemical.

Last year I was involved with them but there a disgrace.It was that day forward I thought no more they made me worse.

you are going to be okay the sun will rise again ♥️🌈

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

• 5 months later...

sorry to hear you are still struggling waves :( i hate that thing when you get up to use the bathroom and within seconds BANG your thoughts are torturing you and stopping you getting back to sleep 😪

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

• 5 months later...

It's over 4 years since my cold turkey off Ad's. I still have no life to speak off and just a shell. Have lost my life to this and little hope of recovery. Friends and family sick of me and almost all gone now. Housebound most days as anxiety is so extreme and can barely get a meal for myself. I feel like the walking dead. I doubt I can carry on living with this level of anxiety and depression plus have no job now and lost most people dear to me. What a waste of a life. Prior to this my life was ok and fully functional and a useful mum and grandma to my son's now just a waste of space and they will be glad if I go away for good. None of this 4 years has been good it has ruined my life. Sorry to say all this but take it as a warning if you gonna get off these drugs you just don't know how it's gonna go. 

Last AD's taken:

So sorry to hear that.    I am sure you will heal in time.   Stressful things like losing friends makes things harder- but you will find new friends when you feel better.     Please don’t worry about that- I also lost a lot of friends and felt depressed about it but Now I don’t mind at all and am glad to be free of those people.      It’s so hard when you are in the middle of feeling awful, but you will feel better eventually.   I will keep you in my prayers.   

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

1 hour ago, Goosie said:

So sorry to hear that.    I am sure you will heal in time.   Stressful things like losing friends makes things harder- but you will find new friends when you feel better.     Please don’t worry about that- I also lost a lot of friends and felt depressed about it but Now I don’t mind at all and am glad to be free of those people.      It’s so hard when you are in the middle of feeling awful, but you will feel better eventually.   I will keep you in my prayers.   

Thanks for your kind words. The last two years has been hell on earth. My baby grandson died aged 5 months and not seen my son since which was March 2019. A doubt  bereavement it feels and I live alone and feel broken into a million pieces. I really can't cope at all. If I were braver I would get back on meds but just don't know how that would go. Maybe feel worse and that is not a place I can go right now as it could be fatal. I hope you are doing ok. And thanks agsin for reply.  

Last AD's taken:

What a terrible tragedy.   That sounds impossibly hard to deal with even with perfect health.     Being alone is also difficult.     I was lucky enough to have an understanding partner which helped tremendously.     If you need someone to talk to, just send me a direct message and I’ll give you my phone #.    

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2020 at 6:31 PM, waves12 said:

Thanks for your kind words. The last two years has been hell on earth. My baby grandson died aged 5 months and not seen my son since which was March 2019. A doubt  bereavement it feels and I live alone and feel broken into a million pieces. I really can't cope at all. If I were braver I would get back on meds but just don't know how that would go. Maybe feel worse and that is not a place I can go right now as it could be fatal. I hope you are doing ok. And thanks agsin for reply.  

so terribly sad to hear about your grandson passing xxxxxxx

Took prozac 40 mg for 20 years.

January 2017 started cutting down prozac by 12.5% a week. End of February 2017 completely off prozac and withdrawals began.

Currently taking Levothyroxine 75 mcg, Magnesium citrate 200mg,Sage leaf 50mg daily

Amlodipine: October 2017 , discontinued 26 Feb 2019; Candesartan:  26 Feb 2019, 4mg.

Discontinued magnesium citrate 200mg Apr 3rd 2019

Reinstated prozac:  14 Jan 2019, 1mg; 26 Jan, 1.5mg; 4 Feb, 2mg; 16 Feb, 2.5mg; 2 Mar, 3mg; 5 Mar, 2.5mg, 23 Mar, 3 mg; 6 Apr, 3.5mg, 14 Apr 4mg, 23 Apr 5mg, 10 Jul 8mg, 1 Dec 20mg, 1 Apr 2020 40mg 

• 8 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, waves12 said:

..just stopping by to say I'm so sorry for your loss, Waves, and that you have to live through such difficult times!! You are not alone out there, we are all in this together. Sending you hugs!!!

Fluoxetine (Prozac) (25mg?) from December 2002 - November 2005 for anxiety/depression

Effexor (Venlafaxine) Retard (75mg) due to Panic attacks from November 2005 until around May 2020 when I started tapering off from 75mg to about 33mg in September. Accidentially missed a dose and naively went cold turkey from around 33mg to zero on 26th of September. Hell broke loose in early December.

25th December: Reinstated Venlafaxine with one bead (0.3/0.4mg) in the evening, proceeding with two beads (0.7/0.8mg)

since 5th January: 3 beads of Venlafaxine daily and nothing else except fish oil and magnesium. No changes in daily routine

15th January - 17th January: 4 beads of Venlafaxine

since 18th January: back to 3 beads of Venlafaxine due to extreme agitation, introduced Ashwaghanda supplement.

Since 23. January: introduced Lyrica to help with sleep/jerks keeping me awake: updosed from 4mg to 8mg.

Since February: 700mg Valerian and 2mg Melatonin for sleep

March: tapering Lyrica again due to side effects.

April: down to 2 beads of Venlafaxine

17th October: Off everything. Braindead, apathetic/anhedonic Zombie.

• 3 months later...

Hi again @waves12I post this here instead of in Aeromans topic.

I understand. If you are worse now than a few years ago, then it’s probably not wd, at least not only wd. That’s a good thing because then you can do something about it. And if the therapists say you need drugs, then you haven’t found the right ones yet. That is a terrible thing to say to someone anxious and in grief, and it’s not true. You do have the capacity to handle your emotions and your situation. The fact that you are still here proves that. But it seems to me that you carry a lot of emotional pain from your losses and that you need to get that off your chest. ❤️
   I wish I knew someone I could recommend, but I don’t know any therapists in the UK. Maybe someone else here on SA could help you with that? Or you can reach out to people on other forums and see if they can recommend someone. Keep looking.

Aurorax

2001 Januari-May: Paxil 20 mg
2001 Oktober-December Xanax 1 mg, 0 to 4 pills/day (no wd from quitting Xanax)
2002-2003 Paxil 20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2004 Tries to come off Paxil, reinstates after 5 months off
2005 Paxil 30 mg
2006 to end of 2007: Paxil 15-20 mg, tries to taper but reinstates
2007, december: Increases to 30 mg but Paxil is no longer ”working”
2008 Januari to september: Tapering from 30 mg to 10 mg.
2008 September to december: 10 mg to 5 mg
2009 Januari to end of april: 5 mg to 0 mg.
2009 march to januari 2010: Various sleeping pills: Propiomazine and Promethazine for a few days, Alimemazine on and off for months. No benzo.
2010, January until now: 100% drug free.