Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhoea, bloating, GERD

alexjuice

1 minute ago, deadbrain said:

I dunno I don't want to take any meds(and btw I am a doctor myself). I experience migraines,burning sensations,brain fog, light sensitivity,food sensitivity since I started work. I dunno what work does but causes all these withdrawal symptoms to come back with force.  I just pray that my diarrhea does not worsen and I don't need to go to the hospital. 

I hope you find relief. Good luck.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

57 minutes ago, deadbrain said:

I dunno I don't want to take any meds(and btw I am a doctor myself). I experience migraines,burning sensations,brain fog, light sensitivity,food sensitivity since I started work. I dunno what work does but causes all these withdrawal symptoms to come back with force.  I just pray that my diarrhea does not worsen and I don't need to go to the hospital. 

Follow Frogie's advice of Metamucil.

I'm my case,after a stressful event that lead to me quitting my job in late November my withdrawal symptoms came back full force, though now with G.I. Symptoms (stomach cramps and pains or weird sensations when I'm about to pass a bowel movement, gas, or eat, constipation), termors, and weird red spots on my skin. Like you it seems my gi system forgot how to function.

It seems like our CNS haven't recovered yet, and this is happening. I already had breath tests for H. Plyori, blood and urine work and ultrasounds and nothing was found. They've chalk this to anxiety though I know better...It's withdrawal. 

Trintellix (Brintellix) 5mg - December 2015 to Mid July 2018

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

Up and Up 3 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

Up and Up 30 Billion Probiotics - Daily for IBS. - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

June 27 2018: Reinstated (5mg)

July 14 2018 last dose due to acute withdrawal symptoms. 

13 hours ago, manny03 said:

Follow Frogie's advice of Metamucil.

I'm my case,after a stressful event that lead to me quitting my job in late November my withdrawal symptoms came back full force, though now with G.I. Symptoms (stomach cramps and pains or weird sensations when I'm about to pass a bowel movement, gas, or eat, constipation), termors, and weird red spots on my skin. Like you it seems my gi system forgot how to function.

It seems like our CNS haven't recovered yet, and this is happening. I already had breath tests for H. Plyori, blood and urine work and ultrasounds and nothing was found. They've chalk this to anxiety though I know better...It's withdrawal. 

Thank you manny03:

I had a lot of problems and ended up having a colonoscopy. The dr advised to take Metamucil and I haven’t had that problem since.

I hope you doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Thank you manny03:

I had a lot of problems and ended up having a colonoscopy. The dr advised to take Metamucil and I haven’t had that problem since.

I hope you doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

My symptoms wax and wane or shift on my abdomen. Though, after the battery tests, I'm just going to power through it. I wish my issues were easy as taking metamucil. Though, the comforting thing is that compare to how I was in December, I'm far better. I just hope it goes away with time. 

Vitamin C 500mgs daily January 2019 - March 30 2019 Boost my immune system through my withdrawal - Stopped

June 16-26 2018: C/T to take Antiviral medication for Shingles outbreak (Due to excessive stress - SSRI Poop Out). 

Just now, manny03 said:

My symptoms wax and wane or shift on my abdomen. Though, after the battery tests, I'm just going to power through it. I wish my issues were easy as taking metamucil. Though, the comforting thing is that compare to how I was in December, I'm far better. I just hope it goes away with time. 

It will. I had my problems for almost 3 years before I had a colonoscopy and tried Metamucil.

It takes our bodies a long time to heal and recover from these horrible meds!

Good luck...

Take care,

Frogie xx

• 2 weeks later...

I have had surgeries in the tummy / bowel and spoke to my surgeon who told me some patients have found

peppermint oil useful for IBS type issues. I tried this and it did seem to help a bit with nausea too 

Fluoxetine 20mg a day, (mornings) Amitryptilline 10-50mg (evenings) for last two years (usually lowest dose of the latter) Previously on and off Fluoxetine since 1999. Off completely for pregnancies in 200s with no problems but recently more difficult to withdraw.End 2018 Tapered to 10mg Fluoxetine (am) and 10mg Amitryptilline (evening)Co-codomol 30/500 prescribed (one to two tabs 6 hrly as required for pain)

Start Jan 2019 5mg Fluoxetine mornings. Stopped amitryptilline.

6th Feb 2019 Stopped Fluoxetine, 2 X 425mg St Johns Wort daily. 

9th Feb 2019 Reinstated 5mg Prozac, stopped SJW due to headaches and upset tummy.

10th Feb 2019 Started using liquid diluted Prozac and syringe, dividing doses (2 X 2.5ml) = 5mg daily

12th Feb 2019 Stopped prozac after even small doses seem to be causing a bad reaction.

17th Feb 2019 Started taking single dose 425mg SJW mornings 

Also taking supplements: Multivitamin, Longvida Curcumin 500mg a day, Magnesium Citrate 500mg/day, Magnesium L-threonate 50mg/day, Omega 3 (with Vit E) 1000mg/day, Vitamin D3 20000IU

• 1 month later...

I have been off antidepressants since April of last year and started dealing with constant gas, frequent bowel movements, urgent bowel movements and stomach pain since October of last year. It has really effected my quality of life and makes me not want to do anything due to the pain and embarrassment. My question is; does withdrawal cause this and will it go away on its own with time or should I be actively trying to treat it? I should also add that I eat a plant-based diet. Thanks

Adepsique: January 2016 - July 2016 (took half a pill in the mornings for 6 months) the dosage was 5 mg of amitriptyline, 1.5 mg of diazepam, and 1 mg of perphenazine 

Escitalopram: 10 mg: July 2016 - April 2018

Olanzapine 2.5mg: July 2016 - October 2017

• Administrator

Hello, @readyfortheworld. Yes, withdrawal syndrome can cause IBS-like symptoms, please read the topic above.

You may have to go on a low FODMAP diet for a while (see discussion above).

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

8 hours ago, readyfortheworld said:

I have been off antidepressants since April of last year and started dealing with constant gas, frequent bowel movements, urgent bowel movements and stomach pain since October of last year. It has really effected my quality of life and makes me not want to do anything due to the pain and embarrassment. My question is; does withdrawal cause this and will it go away on its own with time or should I be actively trying to treat it? I should also add that I eat a plant-based diet. Thanks

Hey!

I used to suffer from IBS before taking my medication. Though, once I began, my  IBS mostly went away - still suffered from Constipation, though it was nothing. 

However, after I began my withdrawals in July, I began to redevelop IBS like symptoms. However, in late November is when full fledge IBS like symptoms developed. (gas, burping, weird sensation when eating foods, sensitivities towards foods, urgent bowel movements or going constipated, stomach cramps etc.) Some say this occurs since our gut is our second brain were most of our serotonin lies in. The brain and gut are trying to communicate with each other though at the moment it can't since the signals are misfiring through withdrawals, and you begin to have these symptoms and develop sensitivities to foods that you didn't have before.  

I'm with Alto, I'd begin a diet exclusionary diet to see what foods aren't sensitive to your stomach/lower g.i. so the symptoms become bearable through this withdrawal period. 

Hello @Altostrata, thanks for recommending the low FODMAP diet. Besides that, what else do you recommend I take/do? I currently take 20 billion CFU probiotics in the morning but I don’t really feel a difference. I also do weightlifting and take walks at the park 

Adepsique: January 2016 - July 2016 (took half a pill in the mornings for 6 months) the dosage was 5 mg of amitriptyline, 1.5 mg of diazepam, and 1 mg of perphenazine 

What else has helped you @manny03? These IBS-like symptoms are debilitating and have been going on for awhile. I thought they would’ve gotten better by now

• Administrator

@readyfortheworld please read this topic from the beginning, also other topics in Important topics about tests, supplements, treatments, diet

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

5 hours ago, readyfortheworld said:

What else has helped you @manny03? These IBS-like symptoms are debilitating and have been going on for awhile. I thought they would’ve gotten better by now

Well, I had to cut spicy foods, caffeine, dairy, or any syrupy liquids. 

Add more greens, fiber, wheat, oats,  fruits and vegetables. 

If dairy is not an issue with you, I'd start eating greek yogurt. 

Add probiotics supplement. 

Drink Turmeric shake that calms my nervous system including in my stomach. 

Drink chamomile teas at morning and night also to calm my nerves, and gets some sleep. 

Over time, its somewhat helped. I still suffer from constipation, cramps, and once in a blue moon still get burning sensation on my stomach, though not as bad as before.  

Thanks for recommending to add turmeric to a shake @manny03. That seemed to help a bit this morning. Also, drinking lemon ginger tea helped.

12 minutes ago, readyfortheworld said:

Thanks for recommending to add turmeric to a shake @manny03. That seemed to help a bit this morning. Also, drinking lemon ginger tea helped.

Just keep doing that and over time it will to calm these symptoms. 

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried sulpiride (or amisulpride) for GI issues?  In my country sulpiride is prescribed sometimes for IBS (in doses about 50 mg 2x/day).

It's the last thing my gastro proposed (except trimebutine - but after 2 days on it I don't want to continue it - side effects).

Of course I am very reluctant to start it (I know what it is) but my GI issues are much worse than year ago (it's been 15 months since I stopped my poison). Another reason I am considering it is that I had taken it and while it didn't help for depression (maybe briefly), it didn't cause any problems. But that was before I was damaged. Now I am so sensitive to 80% of substances I try.

Any experiences?

[2013 - 2017] >10 meds and combos (some breaks without meds; last in May-Sep 2016)

[2017] Mar 22 - venlafaxine 150; initially with mianserine 20 which I stopped around June due to serious stomachaches and bloating; 1 month of break in Aug when: duloxetine 60 + esketamine clinical trial)
Sep 05 - venlafaxine 150 + bupropion 150
Oct 11 - tapering off venlafaxine while still on bupro 150; Oct 21 - venla 37,5
Nov 06 - venla 37,5 + bupro 150 + >START buspirone 30>
Nov 20 - venla 12,5 + bupro 150 + buspirone 30;   Nov 29 - [STOP venla]
Dec 01 - [tried to STOP buspi cold turkey] / Dec 03 - HELL unleashed;   Dec 10 - buspi 10;   Dec 17 - buspi 20 (+ still bupro 150); Jan 02 [STOP] bupro;
[2018] Mar 17 - >START quetiapine 50 SR> for tension, restlessness and attacks of fury (buspirone persisting w/d symptom)

Apr 24 - FINALLY STOPPED buspirone (5-month taper; worst in my life) - w/d symptoms continue... Jun 02 - STOP quetiapine
Now taking: mirtazapine 7,5 mg (helps to fall asleep quickly, doesn't help for waking at dawn; didn't tolerate higher doses); for restlessness / akathisia: taurine; antihistamines (small amounts cause still can cause headache and dry mouth even at 12,5 mg of hydroxyzine or promethazine); melatonin 1 mg; omega-3 (330 EPA, 220 DHA); Mg.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 5 months later...

Going to see if I can resolve all my GI issues through diet protocol(s) before seeing my GP.

I'm guessing this is a WD thing as opposed to anything else.

My gut function was perfect prior to AD use.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

• 2 months later...

Digestive enzymes

Hello Everyone,

I'm here to talk about poop and digestion. Has anyone here used a full spectrum digestive enzyme to aid with constipation or IBS in general? I am considering trying it. Personally, I have been using Miralax daily to induce bowel movements because I am not having them on my own. I began having issues after W/D. I suspect now that my nutrient absorption is compromised for the stress of the event and continued daily stress contribute to this issue. Lately it seems that everything I eat causes gas, bloating and constipation, and I eat what I perceive to be a flawless diet. It has recently occurred to me (why it took this long I don't know) that poor digestion and nutrient absorption could be the culprit. I'm sure this is a common tale for those of us on psych meds for an extended period of time and have then endured a stressful w/d. 

Anyhow, the digestive enzyme I am thinking about is made by Thorne, which is a reputable company. I learned of them through Ben Greenfield, who is a nutrition researcher and human optimization expert. Any time I consider taking a new supplement I tend to reach out here first to see if anyone has used such a thing and what their experience was. Here is the link. 

Also, I am curious to know if paradoxical reactions to L-Theanine are common. I was considering adding that for anxiety support. I have been wary of supplements in general but feel as though now it might be safe to start using them. 

Thank you to all, and be well

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

2005-2009 Various ADs and maybe some random Ativan, nothing long-term

2009 Started Celexa 10 mg

2012 Symptoms of depression worsened when I quit drinking, started a course of Viibryd (10 mg), Buspar (5 mg), Xanax

2013 Hospitalized, added Lamictal in the hospital (quit Lamictal cold turkey in 2014)

2014 Switched back to Celexa from Viibryd

2015 Quit Buspar cold turkey

2016 Cut down to 5 mg of Celexa (all seemingly without issues)

June-August 2017 tapered off Celexa

October 2017 Hospitalized for insomnia (quit sleeping entirely)

reinstated w/ Trintellix 5mg (stopped in 1/18) and 7.5 mg of Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine (in mgs) 2/18 5,  6/19 3.5, 9/25/19 3.2, 2/24/20 2.9, 3/2020 2.85, 6/20/20 2.5, 10/3/20 2.3, 11/30/20 2.1, 1/1/21 1.95 3/19/21 1.86 9/1/21 1.65 11/30 1.5 mgs 3/1/22 1.41 mgs 6/28/22 1.37 mgs 10/22 1.20 mgs

Daily supplements: 470 mgs magnesium, Miralax, 640 Omega complex, probiotic, testosterone 2 gms, progesterone 12.5 mgs

• 3 weeks later...

I have no issues with them unless I get ones that have glutamic acid in them, as that ingredient affects the brain. You can find plenty without though. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Digestive enzymes
  • 1 month later...

Severe stomach pain

Is that a thing that some people have gotten? It started a few months off of Prozac after my taper. It feels like serious gas and pain moving through my colon, pressing up on my appendix, then gallbladder, then stomach then down to the bottom left part of my abdomen. It's literally like a ball moving through my guts everyday. Been on SSRIs for like 14 years and I know that serotonin helps regulate pain and obviously gut motility, but is this normal? The gut pain doubles me over sometimes.

Thanks

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

Took Accutane in 2007 at age 19 and a severe reaction to it threw me into Psychiatry's dirty hands. Suffered through a number of c/t's, rapid tapers, drug switches, reinstatements before finally figuring out what was happening to me in 2012 after checking out of psych hospital with a prescription for Ativan and Prozac. (Went in because was unknowingly in Xanax c/t wd and dying at the time from it).

May 2016 - Last dose of Valium after 2 year long taper from 15mg

June 2017- Last dose of the corticosteroid Hydrocortisone after taper

July 2019- Last dose of Prozac after 2 year long taper from 30mg

Was on Accutane, Lexapro, Celexa, Xanax, Ativan, Prozac, Hydrocorisone, Valium, and thyroid meds when none of them were needed. Still recovering to this day and hope to be healed in the coming months, but taking it one day at a time.

• 7 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 8:05 PM, AlaskanGlacier said:

Severe stomach pain

Is that a thing that some people have gotten? It started a few months off of Prozac after my taper. It feels like serious gas and pain moving through my colon, pressing up on my appendix, then gallbladder, then stomach then down to the bottom left part of my abdomen. It's literally like a ball moving through my guts everyday. Been on SSRIs for like 14 years and I know that serotonin helps regulate pain and obviously gut motility, but is this normal? The gut pain doubles me over sometimes.

Thanks

I have the exact same thing. I actually had it before I ever went on SSRIs too and they were the only thing that helped. It feels like a baseball that moves around. 

• 5 months later...

Has anyone found anything that helps with inflammation of the esophagus. At least that is what I believe it is. I feel pain there and my stomach for about 3 hours after eating. I'm trying to change my diet to help with this. Does this go away over time?

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• 1 month later...

Hello

I'm 13 months off. The last couple of days, my stomach have been aching and I have been having severe bloating. Is it possible to withdrawal can cause this problem this late? (13 months off, 1 year on). Suggestions?

Zoloft, November 2019.  I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.
Tapering schedule:
Month 1: 37.5 mg

Month 2: 25 mg

Month 3: 12.5 mg

Month 4(Half the month): 6.75 mg
Month 4(Other half): 0 mg December 9, 2020

On 1/13/2022 at 6:11 AM, curiousnootropics said:

Hello

I'm 13 months off. The last couple of days, my stomach have been aching and I have been having severe bloating. Is it possible to withdrawal can cause this problem this late? (13 months off, 1 year on). Suggestions?

yes, it can. It can happen years out or be triggered by something. Do you have an idea of the cause: gas, food reaction, is it constant, did you try a new supplement or probiotic, does it feel like food is trapped? 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

• 6 months later...

Medicine for diarrhea

Just me again. Loosing so much weight and things going right thru me. I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with medicine to stop diarrhea.🤦‍♀️ This is crazy stuff. Thanks ahead of time.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

Paxil 2008 20mg 2016 40mg feb 21 2022  20mg, feb 28 0mg April 23 20mg April 24 40mg April 26 20mg April 27 10mg April 28 0mg May 7 10mg May 17 0mg

Duloxitine Feb. 21, ‘22-30mg feb 28 60mg March 14 0mg April 21. 30mg April 26 60mg April 28 30mg am/60mg pm May 7 60mg am currently still on

Lexapro 2022 April 14 5 mg April 18 10m

April 21 0mg

Trazodone April 24 50mg 

Currently on 60mg dulox and 50mg Trazadone 

taking hydroxyzine and xanax as needed

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2014 at 11:47 AM, Rhiannon said:

Withdrawal definitely messes with my GI tract.

has your GI issues improved?? I’m suffering from dry retching, heartburn, constapation, stomach pain, no appetite all of a sudden 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

On 6/7/2016 at 6:31 AM, O2bhappy said:

GrandmaD-

I did have an endoscopy and it showed I had a little bit of acid reflux.  When I was first put on Nexium I didn't want to take it, but after the endoscopy the doctor wanted me to take it for 3 months.  It did help but I had to wean myself off of it over a month time.  After I finished the Nexium I took Zantac for one week.  I have now been off all my stomach meds for 3 weeks.  I have been drinking a lot of water and noticed lately it has made me feel more nauseous. 

I still have days where I am nauseous and can hardly eat anything.  I rarely ever get hungry and when I do it is actually shocking. 

has your stomach issues resolved?? I’m going through the same heartburn, stomach pain, no appetite, nauseous  etc

On 10/14/2018 at 10:32 PM, Mewmewkitty said:

For the first time in my life I got heartburm yday. Nothing in my diet have changed at all. 

Is there a worry, do i need to do anything or does heartburn leave by its own?

has the heartburn gone away for you?

What’s a good safe Digestive enzyme I can take?

On 7/9/2013 at 3:11 PM, Rhiannon said:

I've been having intermittent problems with nausea and queasiness. I think I posted about it before. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions to help cope with it.

I think it's due to a combination of Lamictal tapering and my night-shift schedule; my digestive system seems to have more trouble switching between nights and days than my sleep/wake cycle. It's got to be the Lamictal too though, because it seems to come on 4-5 days after I make a reduction and then gets gradually better as I hold.

Anyway, maybe I just need to whine, but if anyone's been through this and has suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

I too have nausea. Has is gone away for you naturally over time?? I have heartburn & ibs symptoms as well all of a sudden too… have you’ve experienced this?

On 2/20/2020 at 5:04 AM, Junglechicken said:

Going to see if I can resolve all my GI issues through diet protocol(s) before seeing my GP.

I'm guessing this is a WD thing as opposed to anything else.

My gut function was perfect prior to AD use.

hello was wondering if your GI issues have improved?? I’m going through the same all of a sudden, heartburn & ibs like symptoms 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:40 PM, Jilla said:

Medicine for diarrhea

Just me again. Loosing so much weight and things going right thru me. I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with medicine to stop diarrhea.🤦‍♀️ This is crazy stuff. Thanks ahead of time.

im going through the same. It’s either diarrhea or constapation… ibs like symptoms. & heartburn as well to top it all of. Leaves me with no appetite & confused on what to eat. I too have lost weight. Your not alone

• 1 month later...

Unspecific problems with my gut after years of WD

Hello,

for about 2 month I have very strong and unspecific problems with my gut including pain, diarrhea, nausea, bloating and now and then I need to throw up.

Since my withdrawal journey I have more or less constantly diarrhea but for like 2 months its really heavy and I do not really know to assess this.

When this pain and heavy diarrhea started like 2 month ago I went to see my doctor because it really worried that my stool started to look like clay and smelled really really disgusting. (sorry for the details)

But my stool sample was negative and he told me that everything looks very normal. Whenever I developed serious symptoms during withdrawal I was running to my doctor, he was checking me saying everything is fine and that he cannot find anything. 

So by time I started to accept that this is caused by Paxil and I just need to go trough and everything will eventually go away. This is what I think now as well, that my gut is now "being repaired" and I just need to go trough this phase as well.

I don´t think I need a colonoscopy at the age of 33 but my doctor will 100% tell me that because he could not find anything in my stool sample but my oversensitive mind telling me to check for cancer etc immediately.

What I tried for the past few days was bentonite combined with flea seeds and prebiotics. This helps me since it makes my stool formed and solid but only as long as I don´t skip a day with that treatment. Also skipping milk doesn´t and certain types of food don´t really seem to help. Yesterday I ate very healthy (mainly vegetables)  but today my gut feels like a mess.

My heart and experiences with symptoms for the past 5 years say me that this is 100% withdrawal related but I of course do not want to ignoring a potential disease.

Would appreciate if you share your experiences if you can relate!

Maggie

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

Started Paxil on January 2016 with 40mg

June 2016 - 30 mg, July 2016 - 20 mg, August 2016 - 20 mg, September 2016 - 15 mg, October 2016 - 10mg, November 2016 - 5mg, January 2017 - 3,75mg, 22/01/2017 2,5mg, 06/02/2017 0 mg

Symptoms I still have:

Dizziness (more in waves less in windows)

Brainfog & Derealization (constantly)

Muscle spasm

Hot and cold flashes with sweating (mostly in the evening)

Nightmares with hallucinations (not that frequent anymore)

Moodswings (from happy and optimistic to depressed and sad within a minute)

Joint pain

Symptoms that are gone:Anxiety & Panic, Insomnia, Deep phases of depression, Brainzaps

• 1 month later...
  • Mentor

I am gonna share this here not to discourage but to maybe help identify someone’s symptoms and causes. I am no dr this is just something I read in my journey. 

https://rxisk.org/bladder-and-bowel-problems-after-antidepressants/

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

It turns out that my pancreas is not producing enough enzymes as it should. My elastase was last tested at around 180 and it should be over 200 as far as I understood.

Since I am in withdrawal I don´t drink alcohol at all and before all that I was also never a heavily drinker. I also avoid fatty foods and live pretty healty overall.

I really cannot understand how my pancreas is having troubles producing enough enzymes since this disease is noramlly triggered by an inflamation / heavy drinking / loads of fast food etc. .This is what my doctor told me and she also doesn´t really understand that...maybe its genetic she says but 2 month ago I did not had this problem.

I also never really had digestive problems at all before taking Paxil and I really hope there is a link between my wd and this problem so there is chance that this will recover as well as the other symptoms. My stool has become better since I take enzymes but on top of that I can´t eat gluten products at all despite a negative gluten intolerance test.

In the last 5 years I had lots of very weird symptoms which I never had before, most of them lasted for 3 month and then dissapeared as suddenly as they came.

I´ll keep you updated.

Started Paxil on January 2016 with 40mg

June 2016 - 30 mg, July 2016 - 20 mg, August 2016 - 20 mg, September 2016 - 15 mg, October 2016 - 10mg, November 2016 - 5mg, January 2017 - 3,75mg, 22/01/2017 2,5mg, 06/02/2017 0 mg

Symptoms I still have:

Dizziness (more in waves less in windows)

Brainfog & Derealization (constantly)

Muscle spasm

Hot and cold flashes with sweating (mostly in the evening)

Nightmares with hallucinations (not that frequent anymore)

Moodswings (from happy and optimistic to depressed and sad within a minute)

Joint pain

Symptoms that are gone:Anxiety & Panic, Insomnia, Deep phases of depression, Brainzaps

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy