squirrel

Tinnitus: What does all that noise mean?

dj2010
3 hours ago, Ather said:

Vitamin B-Complex (Neurobion tablets) increases my tinnitus to at least 2X, any other person who faces the same ?

B vitamins are often not very well tolerated for people in withdrawal and most people find them stimulating, especially B vitamin complexes, just looked at the ones you are taking and they are quite strong ones, if wanting to take B vitamins best start with a single vitamin and not complex and work your way up from a very small dose,

Ather
On 7/18/2018 at 4:59 PM, dj2010 said:

B vitamins are often not very well tolerated for people in withdrawal and most people find them stimulating, especially B vitamin complexes, just looked at the ones you are taking and they are quite strong ones, if wanting to take B vitamins best start with a single vitamin and not complex and work your way up from a very small dose,

I took 1 neurobion tablet for 3 days in a row some 20 + days ago, it triggered my tinnitus and am still having it, at a lower rate though. 

bubbles

I have wondered, for a while now, if my tinnitus is related to my bruxism. I've been looking them up and they do seem to be related. I brux anyway, but SSRIs make it worse, and I believe that they can trigger bruxism for non-bruxers.

Altostrata
11 hours ago, bubbles said:

I have wondered, for a while now, if my tinnitus is related to my bruxism. I've been looking them up and they do seem to be related. I brux anyway, but SSRIs make it worse, and I believe that they can trigger bruxism for non-bruxers.

Yes, SSRIs can cause jaw clenching, as can withdrawal, and that tension is related to tinnitus and other symptoms, such as face and neck pain. Wearing a night guard on your teeth can be very helpful.

bubbles

I'm actually curious about the night guard @Altostrata as I have one. It's horrible. Massive. I had one, which I trashed with the bruxing - which was fine. After I wrecked that one, she made me this one which I hate. She said it was primarily to avoid dental damage, not to prevent the bruxing. She said occasionally there was a patient for whom they prevented the bruxing entirely, but that was not to be expected. It certainly didn't happen for me!

I wonder if the splint (night guard, I think they're the same thing) changes the effect on the muscles etc enough to prevent the headaches and muscle tension. Long before SSRIs I had tinnitus, but was unaware that I was bruxing until the dentist told me I was doing it.

I will ask her next time I see her, but for now my bruxing is so minor that I'm just ignoring it.

Altostrata

Yes, the night guard will keep you from cramping your jaw muscles as well. If you don't like the one you have, get another. We have people who have used the cheap ones from Amazon.

bubbles

I'll look into it. Thanks. It's so minor now that an Amazon one is probably all I need.

brassmonkey

Go to the local sporting good store and get a footballers or wrestlers mouth guard.  They only cost a few dollars and are very easy to fit at home. I used mine for years.

jonnypeters1234567

Does anyone suffer from this and had it diminish over time?

Its a loud vibrating noise, sounds like an engine

Its so loud it keeps me awake at night and wakes me up in the night..

Ather
On 8/4/2018 at 12:33 AM, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Does anyone suffer from this and had it diminish over time?

Its a loud vibrating noise, sounds like an engine

Its so loud it keeps me awake at night and wakes me up in the night..

Do you take any antidepressant ?

Ather
On 2/13/2012 at 5:19 AM, stillwithdrawing said:

I experienced constant ringing in my ears since starting to withdraw from benzos. It stuck around for about 1.5 years post-withdrawal. It was awful! It's completely gone now, thank god.

That's encouraging for me :)

Ather
On 4/30/2017 at 7:40 PM, ikam said:

Hopeful:

Does tinnitus ever go away?

Studies have indicated that, even without any ‘treatment’, the noises disappear or at least diminish in the majority of cases, as the brain loses interest in and stops surveying the signal. This process is called ‘habituation’ and it can take several months or years.

Tinnitus can become emotionally distressing in the initial period. This is commonly due to misconceptions as to the cause, prognosis and management of tinnitus.

There is also a general feeling of not being taken seriously by the medical profession. Many are told: ‘It is not serious, there is no cure, and you have to learn to live with it’. It can be argued that this is, to a certain extent true.

In most cases there is not a serious underlying medical condition and you will gradually learn to stop paying attention to the tinnitus noises, in the same way that you ignore all the other ‘predictable’ noises of daily life. Reaction to these sounds are more dependent on your frame of mind and reaction, than the actual sound itself.

Thanks for giving me hope :)

Here is a thing I want to share with you guys I feel the noise literally going up and down while I am walking, with every step it goes up and down, chemicals moving in the head ? This happens when I take notice of it. 

ikam

I had pulsatile tinnitus on walking. I try to ignore it, as it was bothering me so much. I had my ears checked, everything OK, so I try to disconnect from The noise 

Ather

I woke up around 2:30 am and the ring was quite high, I have one blocked nostril, so I started to blew it with full pressure, after 10 - 20 strong blows I noticed that the ring went down substantially, then I boiled some water and added Vicks balm to it and took that hot steam through my mouth and through my nose now I feel a lot better Ma-Sha-Allah, what do you guys say about this ?

I just found out:

https://www.verywellmind.com/it-might-not-be-the-flu-1065528

discreteUser

I think it's worth mentioning that there are some tinnitus treatments coming to the market in the next years. You can see more about them on the TinnitusTalk forum or then in this reddit sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/tinnitusresearch/

yviroundtheworld

I have this very lightly, never had it before. It's not strong, not everyday but it happens suddenly during the day for a few minutes. I hope it will stop and not get stronger. 

icequeen

If you haven't noticed any hearing loss, don't worry about the tinnitus yet!  Mine got slightly better a few years ago but then got worse again  and unfortunately it has now caused right ear deafness and impaired hearing on my left ear. I now have to use hearing aids in both ears. Thank you very much GSK and  Pfizer! 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3357564/

Wellbutrinsucks

I had ringing in my ears occasionally, but now it’s becoming more and more frequent. Should I be worried? Is this gonna become permanent? I’m only 27 (almost 28) and I can’t believe all this stuff is happening to me right now. My other symptoms have also gotten worse. Will I ever see a window? I’ve been in a straight wave for 9 months. I just want to cry.

Ather
9 hours ago, Wellbutrinsucks said:

I had ringing in my ears occasionally, but now it’s becoming more and more frequent. Should I be worried? Is this gonna become permanent? I’m only 27 (almost 28) and I can’t believe all this stuff is happening to me right now. My other symptoms have also gotten worse. Will I ever see a window? I’ve been in a straight wave for 9 months. I just want to cry.

Hello Wellbutrin sucks,

It will get better, with time you'll get used to it.

In the beginning I was quite afraid that what will I do if it stays, now it is there but I'm not afraid of it anymore, Alhumdu-lillah.

This masking noise works for me, It lowers the tinnitus intensity after listening to it for 30 minutes or so, remember we may need different masking noise, there are plenty available on youtube, this one completely masks my tinnitus, may work for you, if not then listen to others you will find the one that matches your tinnitus, just raise the volume a little more than the noise of your original tinnitus and you'll be fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKo4jYDO9FQ

And please do not be afraid, little children have it, most of the people who have it wont even complain about it because they are so busy they hardly get time to think about it.

Wellbutrinsucks

I refuse to have tinnitus forever; this is unacceptable 

RealMe
19 hours ago, Ather said:

This masking noise works for me, It lowers the tinnitus intensity after listening to it for 30 minutes or so, remember we may need different masking noise, there are plenty available on youtube, this one completely masks my tinnitus, may work for you, if not then listen to others you will find the one that matches your tinnitus, just raise the volume a little more than the noise of your original tinnitus and you'll be fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKo4jYDO9FQ

Hi Ather,

What do you do with this masking youtube?  Can you just click on it from your computer and listen to it?  Can you tell me exactly what to do with it?  

Thanks.

RM

Ather
3 hours ago, RealMe said:

Hi Ather,

What do you do with this masking youtube?  Can you just click on it from your computer and listen to it?  Can you tell me exactly what to do with it?  

Thanks.

RM

Hello Real Me,

You can click on it on youtube.com and listen to the noise via earphones, I have also downloaded it through youtube downloader on my mobile phone so I listen to it on my phone when I'm not able to go to sleep, after listening to it on a higher than my tinnitus volume for 10 - 20 minutes my original tinnitus feels very low.

RealMe

Thank you, Ather!  I have been afraid of earphones, but I will try it.

RM

Ather
On 2/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, Wellbutrinsucks said:

I refuse to have tinnitus forever; this is unacceptable 

You'll have to adjust and it will be Nothing to worry about, Promise !

In-Sha-Allah.

Ather
8 hours ago, RealMe said:

Thank you, Ather!  I have been afraid of earphones, but I will try it.

RM

They are perfectly fine at low volume, in the beginning I myself was very afraid but now its Nothing to even think about :) 

noearthlyfamily

TINNITUS that is not due to withdrawal or vestibular disorders:

(*for me it has been constant since past 5-10 years, it is due to sensitivity to emf's/wifi signals. goes away completely when the power of the block is knocked out in a storm, resumes immediately upon power coming back on.

i had it very rarely as a toddler, increased some in my age 9-12, picked up signifcantly age 13-1997, about 50%-75% of time from 1998-2012, constant tinnitus since at least 2012-2019 today. this timeline is consistent with the rise of emf's (electro magnetic frequencies) from increased electronics, digital tv, radio, microwaves and recently wifi and cell signals/frequencies!)

it sounds like this EXACTLY:    :thumbsup:

[b]https://youtu.be/-hqokrn5oO8[/b]     3:36 long Youtube video
"For those of you that are hearing a high pitched ringing sound"