Hi, I'm new to this site but not new to antidepressants. I am currently trying to stabilise after Prozac pooped out after 13 yrs. Sent me into a hellish nightmare of where I'm at now. I'm afraid of getting on meds after reading the info on this site. Lexapro is helping with intense anxiety. I was originally prescribed Zyprexa for agitation and sleep. I've decreased from 10 to 5mg. I dont want to be on these meds especially after reading the withdrawal hell written here. Any words of support would be helpful. I'm not stable enough to taper anything else but just wanted you to know I appreciate your site

Lexapro 15mg

Lamictal 100mg

Zyprexa 10 down to 5mg

Clonazapam 2x daily

Just getting started and looking around the site.

Lexapro 15mg  August 2017-current

Zyprexa 10 down to 5mg (just started 50% taper) January 2018-June 2018 10mg, June 2018 -current 5 mg

Lamictal 200mg  March 2018-current. Started at low dose then titrated up.

Clonazapam .5 mg 2x daily . Started at 1mg 2x daily then tapered down to .5 2x daily. August 2017- current

• Administrator

Welcome, Cyndi.

You are taking quite the cocktail. You're wise to go off Zyprexa, it has a lot of very bad health effects. See Tips for tapering off olanzapine (Zyprexa)

How long have you been taking clonazapam? What times of day do you take it? How long have you been taking Lexapro?

Why are you talking Lamictal?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 months later...

I know that you should taper most activating drugs first but my psychiatrist said none of my meds were activating. I felt I no longer needed the Zyprexa so she told me to cut dosage in half (which I now know is too much too fast} Once I make it through the Zyprexa taper which should  I taper next?

Lexapro 15mg Aug 2017-current

Lamictal 200 mg  Jan 2018 current

Zxprexa 10mg cut to 5mg  Oct 2017-current

Clozazapam .5mg 2x daily Aug 2017-current

Zyprexa 10 down to 5mg (just started 50% taper) January 2018-June 2018 10mg, June 2018 -current 5 mg

Clonazapam .5 mg 2x daily . Started at 1mg 2x daily then tapered down to .5 2x daily. August 2017- current

• ChessieCat changed the title to Cyndihb: What order should I taper?

I have been taking clonazapam  for about a year now. I was originally taking 1mg 2dx daily but I decreased several months ago to .5 mg at 11:30 am and .5 mg at 6pm. Decreased with no noticeable effects other than feeling more alert during the day.

I have been taking Lexapro for about a year now as well. Slowly ramped up to 15 mg.

I am taking Lamictal as a mood stabilizer because I was constantly crying throughout the day. I noticed a slight benefit but I was still crying.

I don't think I suffer from depression. I stared this incessant crying when I started Lexapro. I really think it is causing these crying fits. I've never liked being on Lexapro I just went with what my Psychiatrist prescribed. Lexapro has helped with anxiety or maybe I've just learned to handle it better. I used to have "chest bombs" where it felt like anxiety was exploding in my chest. those have decreased significantly.

I forget to mention that I am taking a quality multi-vitamin, 400 mg magnesium and 2200 mg fish oil.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cyndihb and welcome from me too.

Thank you for completing your drug signature.  Please add any other psychiatric drugs to the information. Please add dates (start and stop) for each drug and any increases/reductions that you have made.  The mods need to be able to see your drug history at a glance.   Please update it whenever you make a change so it remains current.  Thank you.  This link goes directly to your own signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, Cyndihb said:

I know that you should taper most activating drugs first but my psychiatrist said none of my meds were activating. I felt I no longer needed the Zyprexa so she told me to cut dosage in half (which I now know is too much too fast} Once I make it through the Zyprexa taper which should  I taper next?

Lexapro 15mg Aug 2017-current

Lamictal 200 mg  Jan 2018 current

Zxprexa 10mg cut to 5mg  Oct 2017-current

Clozazapam .5mg 2x daily Aug 2017-current

I've merged the new topic you created, quoted above, with the original Intro topic.  Each member has only 1 Intro topic where they can ask questions and journal their progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cyndihb, 

How are you doing?💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.