Mask: Pgad from antidepressants

Mask

21 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What would common sense suggest you do about riding your bike?

Happy birthday Alto ❤

i took different antidepressants medications for depression and anciety 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

Now i am antidepressants free 

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i get stabbing pain in genital area which is interfering in my daily life..

and very mild arousals which dosent bother me.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Mask said:

i have to do daily activities on bike...like shopping,work,university...i dont have car here so on bike i have to do daily tasks....but for now i am considering to totally avoid bike ....my pain has gone again for now because i didnt ride on bike the whole week....but i am worried how i will do my daily task....without bike....i have to do groccery for that i need bike....everything...

Because the pain is starting to go away since you stopped riding your bike it seems that riding the bike is causing the problem.  Taking drugs for this problem is not a solution and could make things worse in other ways for you.

I suggest you do some research about how you might be able to overcome the problem.  This might mean changing the bicycle seat and/or wearing cycling shorts and/or reducing the number of times/length of time you ride your bike and/or finding alternative transport.  Please note that SA is a site for tapering/reducing psychiatric drugs.  You now know that it is the bike riding which is causing the pudendal neuralgia.  It is not related to psychiatric drugs.  We cannot help you with your pudendal neuralgia so please do not continue to discuss it here.  It is your responsibility to find a solution to this problem.

Do a search for:  bike seat causing Pudendal Neuralgia 

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 2 years later...
On 7/5/2020 at 6:23 PM, ChessieCat said:

s.  You now know that it is the bike riding which is causing the pudendal neuralgia.  It is not related to psychiatric drugs. 

Chessiecat and Mask,

Just an FYI, I’ve had this issue (pudendal neuralgia from riding a bike) which ONLY started while in withdrawal with many other odd nerve sensitivities and just talked to a woman yesterday on a forum about hers as well. I did cycling classes for a decade and never had pelvic pain and then had withdrawal and now deal with excruciating pudendal neuralgia. It’s one of the many issues I got from going off psych meds. Just because something is caused by bicycle seat pressure doesn’t mean the hypersensitivity and inflammation wasn’t necessarily caused from psych meds. There’s plenty of people with sciatica and PGAD as well which obviously experience nerve issues and it’s kosher to attribute PGAD and PSSD to psych meds. I think it’s good for people to be able to talk about their symptoms so other people are aware others have had the same issue. Sure not every problem is from psych meds/ withdrawal but the inflammation that can cause a downstream effect should also be able to be discussed. 

"You have a chemical imbalance & we can fix it with these"

1995-2004: Varying time on Zoloft / Lexapro / Effexor (minor withdrawals).

2004-2009: Wellbutrin & Prozac, then added Neurontin & Abilify.

2009-2016: Wellbutrin, Prozac, Neurontin, Abilify, & Cytomel. Adderal & Oxazepam as needed. Failed trials of Ritalin / Viibryd / Brintellex / Lamictal (short or cross tapers).

2016-2017: Wellbutrin, Prozac, Cytomel. Dropped Abilify, Neurontin & Cytomel. Oxazepam as needed. Failed trial of Topamax & Enlyte (short or cross tapers). Failed trial on Cymbalta (1 year on, 2 month taper, 3+ months of acute withdrawals. Used Prozac bridge, Hydroxyzine, Benadryl, Quercetin, & Zyrtec). Thought was stabilized.

Nov 2017-Sept 2019: Tapered 2 months off Wellbutrin 75mg & crashed (4-9+ months of acute withdrawals after reinstated Prozac 20mg & Wellbutrin 75mg. Used Propranolol, Hydroxyzine, Lorazepam, Clonazepam, Quercetin).  Successfully tapered Prozac 20mg to 10mg over 3 months (down to 10mg Prozac at 3/25/19, minor withdrawals).  Successfully tapered Wellbutrin over 6 months (OFF Wellbutrin 10/19/19, minor withdrawals). 5 month hold only on Prozac 10mg. 

Mar-July 2020: Tapered Prozac 10mg to 2.5mg over 5 months (minor withdrawals), started LDN 1mg July. 

July-Nov 2020: Tapered Prozac 2.5mg to 0.5mg (minor withdrawals).

Dec 2020- Current: Crashed in Dec.  Reinstated Prozac 2mg, dropped LDN. (Acute withdrawals. Using Hydroxyzine, Quercetin, briefly used Propranolol), . Updose to 3mg Feb. Updose 3.2mg March (added Zyrtec, Celadrin, & Boswellia). Mental symptoms much better after 6 mo, physical symptoms that developed during withdrawal / pain, very slowly improving for the most part with more  good days than bad days now.