Getting past self pity

powerback

Im blown away by Seans insights in this talk .

I understand members wont be in a place to watch this when in acute withdrawl so please be carerful if your not up to watching it and maybe at a later date .

Take care .

If this is the wrong place for this mods then please move .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Getting past self pity
  • 3 months later...

this was good. thanks for posting

September 2014 to July 2015 - 20 mg Lexapro, 30mg Mirtazipine

August 2015 to November 2016- 10mg Lexapro, 30 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2017 - 10mg Lexapro, 3.75 mg Mirtazipine

Nov. 2017 to Mach 2018 - 5mg/2.5mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

Mach 2018 to Dec. 2018 - 0mg Lexapro, 0mg Mirtazipne

17 hours ago, MRothbard said:

this was good. thanks for posting

Your welcome MR ,my nasty critic can still find a way to pull me down but its about perspective .

Take care. 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

This was amazing, thank you for posting. Something I'm trying to address when not in an acute wave, becoming aware of the choices I still have (anger/pity or acceptance/gratitude). Much appreciated

2008-2013 - Various meds on and off since age 18 incl. Sertraline, Prozac, Mirtazipine, Abilify. Prescribed for severe OCD.

CT'd several times over these years and reinstated after subsequent psych hospitalisations.

2014-2015 - Clomipramine, quetiapine and Epilum

2015-Jan 2017 - Prozac 40mg (stopped contraceptive pill, most stable period of time)

(Beginning of taper) Jan-October 2017 - Tapered Prozac to zero.

15 Jan 2018 - Reinstated Prozac at 2mg due to acute w/d symptoms

February 2018 - tapered to 1.8mg

May 2018 - reinstated at 5mg due to severe w/d symptoms. 9 month hold, stabilized well at around 6/7 months.

March 2019 - Tapered to 4.9mg

Current supplements: fish oils, probiotic, ashwaganda, colostrum powder, cannabis

PB, when I first stopped drinking I was full of self pity ( still can be ! ) I blamed my drinking on things that happened to me as a child. I thought that anyone would drink in my situation. I had no job , no place to live etc,etc,etc. All as a result of my drinking. Anyway my Mum and  Dad took me back in. I was 31 years old. After a few months I started to look for a job. I thought that I had no chance. I couldn’t get a reference, every job that I ever had , I had been sacked from and I hadn’t worked in years. I went to the job centre and they found a job for me at a Remploy factory. I don’t know if they still exist but it was a place to work for disabled people. I did a lot of the lifting and carrying etc. What an eye opener !!!! People there in wheelchairs, some no arms, some no legs, some terribly disfigured, some had terrible epileptic fits. I’m sure that you get the picture. All of them getting on with their lives , best that they could. Most of them happy and positive , none of them resorting to drink and drugs. Put a lot of things into perspective for me. I had had far less to contend with in my life but I had become an alcoholic. It was the start of me trying to not feel sorry for myself. Not always succeeding but trying. Not wallowing in it which I always had,. I am absolutely convinced it was meant for me to start my sobriety with these people.

One day at a time

Steve

Dosulepin 75 mgs per night since 1993.           Dosulepin March 16  2018   75mgs and 50 mgs alternate nights.             Dosulepin. March 30. 2018.  50 mgs per night

Dosulepin. May 2. 2018. 50mgs and 25 mgs alternate nights

Dosulepin. May 27 2018. 50 mgs per night ( increased )

Dosulepin. July 11 2018. 45 mgs per night

Dosulepin. August 13 2018  40 mgs per night

Dosulepin  October 10 2018. 37.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin. October. 24 2018. 35 mgs per night

Dosulepin. December 5 2018. 32.5 mgs per night

Dosulepin.  January 2. 2018  30mgs per night   February 14 2018  29 mgs per night

Dosulepin February 27  28 mgs per night

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy