Stem cell therapy

Evss

MOD NOTE:

2 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

The products that you are talking about are manufactured and marketed in direct violation of FDA regulations, have not been tested for safety, or effectiveness  and can not prove that they even contain the ingredients they list as active.  They should not be considered safe for an patient to consume.  SA cannot and will not condone the recommendation or use of any of these drugs.

So a friend sent me a link to https://tbitherapy.com as she thought the testimonies were compelling and reminded her of my symptoms. I got to researching and it looks like they inject PRP and stem cells intra nasally to facilitate brain healing. Since there have been stories of people using hyperbaric oxygen therapy to recover from withdrawals, I thought this might operate on a similar level. I personally spoke with a lady who purchased and used a mild hyperbaric oxygen chamber to recover from benzo withdrawals. She said it took her a year to fully recover whereas it would've normally taken five years. But it just makes me think that there's something to these therapies that provides the environment and fuel for accelerated healing. There are many forums on Facebook set up for stem cell users/researchers and many success stories. I don't see how stem cells could possibly hurt your brain, especially if they are injected through the nose and don't go into any other part of the body where it could affect other organs/systems. Thoughts?

Also I didn't know under which topic to post this so please move if needed.

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

Seroquel 10-30mg nightly late July 2017- September 2017

Amitriptyline 25-150 mg late October 2017- mid February 2018

Occasional hydroxizine/antihistamine usage throughout  

Phenibut 6000 mg every 48 hours April 2017- July 2017

Currently taking 1.5 mg klonopin

Supplements: Pantothenic Acid 1000mg extended release

• Administrator

To my knowledge, there is no stem cell therapy for psychiatric problems or withdrawal syndrome.

Withdrawal syndrome is not organic brain damage. See What is withdrawal syndrome?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I've had several people tell me that psychiatric drugs leave physical holes in your frontal lobe, essentially lobotomizing you. One of them got his information from Dr. Amen. Apparently when scientists have done autopsies on people who have used such drugs, they discovered this. 

How does it explain then, that this lady was able to be healed in a year from benzo withdrawal?

I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to create more discussion on these matters out of an effort to understand. 

On 6/20/2018 at 6:42 PM, Evss said:

I've had several people tell me that psychiatric drugs leave physical holes in your frontal lobe, essentially lobotomizing you. One of them got his information from Dr. Amen. Apparently when scientists have done autopsies on people who have used such drugs, they discovered this. 

How does it explain then, that this lady was able to be healed in a year from benzo withdrawal?

I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to create more discussion on these matters out of an effort to understand. 

Can you post a link to any of this? I have never heard of any post mortem analysis on the brain of SSRI users. Not saying your wrong but would be interested in reading more.

Paxil 10mg 2004-2011

7.5mg 4months

5mg. 4months

2.5mg.8 months no wd issues

Dropped pax 4-10-12

5-9-12 started prozac to alleviate symptoms (no relief)

5-22-12 reinstated paxil 2.5mg

5-28-12 5mg pax (couldn't tolerate sides)

6-22-12 Pax 2.5

6-30-12 Pax O

Cerebrolysin to help with wd at 29 months. Horrible decision much worse.

Still suffering sever Brain fog, Confusion, slow thinking,And just feeling sick and weird (hard to explain),facial twitching, weakness, shaking and jerking

I don’t have a link to any studies. This is something a friend told me. But it makes sense considering the severe symptoms people endure. 

• 1 month later...

@ evss

have you tried the stem cells, or looked into it more? I'm very interested! 

med history: 17 years total

Concerta: 2 yrs - cold turkey, brought on first "depression" 

Short trials of Zoloft and Effexor: 1-3 years - multiple cold turkey's brought on OCD intrusive thoughts for the first time

Lexapro 15-20 mg (16 yrs)  - tried to quit once, cold turkey, worst WD ever, had to go on to 20mg to stop WD

Welbutrin 150mg (8-ish yrs) NO w/d symptoms from CT

Adderall 5-7.5mg (8-10-ish yrs) quit CT, brought on many WD symptoms, but manageable. 

Begin taper March 2018 Currently on 4.4 mg lexapro - down from 20mg

Symptoms depression, horrible intrusive thoughts and urges, new onset PMS/PMDD, constant extreme irritation and anger, visual hallucinations, irrational thinking patterns, panic, nausea, dizzy, intolerance to working out, chemical sensitivities, noise sensitivities, memory issues, heart palps, etc. 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Stem cell therapy

Hi Peachy. Yes, I actually did the treatment! I got 2 cc of StemVive umbilical cells delivered intranasally through a company called MedFit120 out of Phoenix, AZ. The first 2 days I was very fatigued. Then I noticed my brain fog started clearing up. It feels like my frontal lobe is starting to work again. They say it can take up to 3 weeks to start feeling the effects. There are many types of stem cells and I did a lot of research before deciding on this route and these specific stems. They say umbilical are really good for brain injuries. So that was exactly 2 weeks ago. It was right after I cold turkeyed my second med- phenibut. So I was in really bad shape. I feel that it was 100% worth it though it was very pricey. I think stem cells are the way of the future for healing many diseases! There's also exesomes which are a by product of stem cells...

Of course, its still the early days and healing takes times, even with stem cells. 

• 4 weeks later...

The products that you are talking about are manufactured and marketed in direct violation of FDA regulations, have not been tested for safety, or effectiveness  and can  not prove that they even contain the ingredients they list as active.  They should not be considered safe for an patient to consume.  SA can not and will not condone the recommendation or use of any of these drugs.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• ChessieCat locked this topic