Freedom1975: this is hard

Freedom1975

Wanted to mention its been almost 3 weeks since my last zoloft drop. Things just seem to be getting worse daily.

These are all start dates for current meds. 

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

July 2017 zoloft, clonazepam 

Oct 2017 propanolol

Am now taking 12.5 mg Zoloft. 3.75 mg zopiclone. 0.5mg clonazepam and 5 mg propanolol. 15 mg of mirtazipine.

Was quickly tapered off lexapro and started having nausea issues. Was givin metaclopermide and got severe Akathasia. This was about a year a go. Since then they put me on multiple drugs which of course made the Akathasia worse.so i have ct a lot of drugs in the last year and have been on the above drugs for about 8 months. Started tapering the zoloft 3 months ago. Any specific questions about meds i was givin please ask

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freedom1975

• Altostrata

• Carmie

• wantrelief

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok back at this

Having moments of extreme depression and anxiety at the same time. Depression isnt something i have had issues with in the past. My biggest fear is getting Akathasia again. I am having moments of it feels like its coming back but never hits full on. Everything seems to change by the hour. Stomach will start hurting out of the blue. An hour later stomach doesnt hurt but i feel like someone else. Ears start ringing and get a terrible headache. Looking back i dont remember what wd was like the other times. My memory is shot. Ok i am just rambling now. If someone reads this and has anymore advice or questions that would be awesome. Thx to those ppl who have replied

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Am now taking 12.5 mg Zoloft. 3.75 mg zopiclone. 0.5mg clonazepam and 5 mg propanolol. 15 mg of mirtazipine.

Was quickly tapered off lexapro and started having nausea issues. Was givin metaclopermide and got severe Akathasia. This was about a year a go. Since then they put me on multiple drugs which of course made the Akathasia worse.so i have ct a lot of drugs in the last year and have been on the above drugs for about 8 months. Started tapering the zoloft 3 months ago. Any specific questions about meds i was givin please ask

Hmm am i asking the wrong questions. Not being detailed enough. I am not sure what to do.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

Hello, Freedom. I apologize that your questions have been overlooked.

Please stop tapering for now, while we sort things out.

Thank you for posting this information:

On 6/26/2018 at 1:57 PM, Freedom1975 said:

Thx

The whole situation is hard because i was never good on the dose of zoloft to start with.

8am klonopin.125mg and 2.5 mg propanolol

11am zoloft 11mg 

3pm 2.5 mg propanolol

5:30pm .125 mg klonopin

11pm .125mg klonopin 3.75mg zopiclone and 15 mg mirtazipine

The symptoms are morning dread and anxiety which seems pretty common on here. Usually lay in bed for a few hours trying to calm down. Everytime i eat now i get anxiety and terrible nausea. My brain feels dead. I will add more later. Cant think clearly at the moment and have to walk

What drug were you on prior to Zoloft, at what dosage, and how long? Was that Lexapro?

How long have you been taking Klonopin at these dosages and times?

Are your symptoms worse at any particular time of day? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages, like you did above, but with those symptoms that are significant.

Have your symptoms gotten better or worse over the last 6 months? How?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

O my

I will try my best to answer your questions.

I was taking effexor for about 2 years which turned me into an alcoholic(used the beer to put me to sleep) and to help stop the restlessness.

That was about 3.5 to 4 years ago. The doctor switched me directly from that to 5 mg of lexapro. Which turned out to be a bad idea. Those few months were a blur, from what i was told i was seeing things and drinking excessively to cope. After that calmed down i decided to quit drinking which i did in hospital. 4 months sober started a slow taper off lexapro. Still had extreme restlessness. In 3 months went from 5mg to 0mg. So in total i was the lexapro for a year and 6 months. I had withdrawal symptons but nothing i couldnt handle. The restlessness eased up as well. Fast forward 6 months or so i was still having minor issues. Then the nausea and vomiting everyday kicked in, and my doctor gave me metaclopermide for it. Within a week i could not sit still and had some anxiety. Kept busy  and just thought i was having a rough patch. Kept taking the metaclopermide because it was helping my nausea. So one day out of nowhere I got hit with what felt like a flood of adrenaline. From that point on I turned into a walking machine. So it just got worse and worse everyday. Walking 22 hours a day. Guess i can make this a shorter story. I had Akathasia(had no idea what that was). Doctors told me it was anxiety and gave me benzos. Took those for about a week. Stopped because i went to sucidal depression on them, and i was still walking. Went to the hospital again and they admited me. Tried a different pill a day in there and just kept walking and not sleeping. Problem not solved and sent me home. So anyways

Meds i can remember taking

Seroquel

Abilify

Halderol

A few others

And sent me home on methotrimeprazine(i call the kill pill)

Was ct'd off that a month later.

Back in the hospital again was put on .25 mg klonopin 3xd, mirtazipine 15 mg at night with 3.75mg zopiclone. Zoloft 25 mg morning. Was raised to 50 mg Zoloft and Akathasia came back with a vengeance. Was lowered to 25 mg then to 12.5 mg and giving propanolol 2.5mg 2xd. Also did 12 rounds of ECT.

All the doses of meds i listed have been the same for 8 months. 8 months of unfunctioning crap. So knowing that all my problems really started happening the day i started effexor. I decided to begin my journey off this crap. I started making a liquid mix of the Zoloft and taking 11mg a day about 3 and a half weeks ago. Things were bad ,but last week things just started to get worse everyday. 

Symptoms:

Severe stomach pain

Fear of everything

Cant sleep even with benzo and zopiclone

Dry heaving

All the typical withdrawal symptoms i have read. 

But why 3 weeks after making a 1.5mg drop?

My biggest concern is i will never stabilize because honestly i was never stabilized on the higher dose either.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

All that and i didnt answer everthing. On the regular dosing, symptoms and side effects were getting worse. Symptoms now change by the hour and are more severe in the last week. Getting worse daily. Severe agitation and flu like feeling with restlessness are the most bothersome.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

So am i screwed. Or is there light at the end of the tunnel. I am wondering if i am going through zoloft withdrawal or withdrawal from all the other meds

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

Sounds like you had adverse effects to Effexor, withdrawal syndrome after the switch to Lexapro, and going off Lexapro destabilized you further. Any withdrawal symptoms are a red flag, but doctors tell patients to ignore them.

The drug merry-go-round is not unusual among the people who come here. I'm sorry you've been through this.

What exactly is your benzo schedule? Please answer these questions:

On 6/27/2018 at 4:42 PM, Altostrata said:

How long have you been taking Klonopin at these dosages and times?

Are your symptoms worse at any particular time of day? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages, like you did above, but with those symptoms that are significant.

Have your symptoms gotten better or worse over the last 6 months? How?

Please put ALL your drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php
and copy and paste the results in this topic.

You're not screwed. We need to find out what the benzo and zopiclone are doing. That could be the key to everything. Please stop tapering for now.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Klonopin .125mg

8 am

530 pm 

11 pm with 3.75 mg zopiclone and 15 mg mirtazipine

3 am

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Sorry i have no idra how to copy and paste

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

Are you on a phone? When you get the drug interaction report on drugs.com, copy the URL at the top of the browser and paste it in this topic.

On 6/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, Freedom1975 said:

Klonopin .125mg

8 am

530 pm 

11 pm with 3.75 mg zopiclone and 15 mg mirtazipine

3 am

Are you saying you take .125mg Klonopin at 8 a.m., 5:30 p.m., 11 p.m., and 3 a.m.? Why did you choose that schedule?

Where's Zoloft and propanolol in this schedule?

What do the zopiclone and mirtazapine do for you?

Sorry

Zopiclone and mirtazipine are for helping me sleep. Which they were helping with. 

The klonopin times are what i was taking in hospital. I was taking .25 klonopin in the morning until about 2 months ago. Started taking it at 3 am because i would always wake up then in panic mode. 

The zoloft i take at 11 am with .25 propanolol and take the propanolol again at 3pm

Drug Interactions

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Hope i did that right. I take .125mg of klonopin at 3am and 8am not .25mg at 3 am. I split the difference. The propanolol is 2.5 mg not .25mg

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

@Altostrata wanted to thank you. I really do appreciate your taking the time to help

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

I can't open that file, please be sure to copy the entire URL for the report.

I need your symptom pattern interleaved with your drug schedule, time on the left, symptom description or drug info on the right, in a simple list, like a daily diary.

40 minutes ago, Freedom1975 said:

I was taking .25 klonopin in the morning until about 2 months ago. Started taking it at 3 am because i would always wake up then in panic mode.  

When did you start taking mirtazapine and zopiclone? Please put start dates of each drug in your signature.

Given you're taking the clonazepam, the mirtazapine and zopiclone may be redundant. In fact, the symptoms at 3 a.m. may be rebound from the zopiclone, which has a half-life of about 5 hours.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I need your symptom pattern interleaved with your drug schedule, time on the left, symptom description or drug info on the right, in a simple list, like a daily diary.

Here is an example of what Alto is requesting:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

Think i got it right this time.

I will do a symptoms list starting tonight. Dumb question should i also include what supplements i take as well? Just taking magnesium and fish oil.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Changed profile to show current meds and doses per instructions. Will start logging symptoms and times tmw

Thx

Kevin

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

O my

Reading over the drug interactions. Very usefull and kinda scary. How do doctors not know this stuff?

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Sorry didn't do a log today. Today has been brutal.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

11pm took mirtazipine 15mg

Zopiclone 3. 75 mg

.125mg of clonazepam

Didnt fall asleep just felt a little more calm. At some point i fell asleep.

3am hit with wave of anxiety like feeling. More of an extreme restlessness. 

Took .125mg of clonazepam

Calmed me down a little and put me into a state of like dreaming but still awake.

8 am felt that feeling again like 3am

Went back into that state of dreaming while still awake.

11am took 11mg of zoloft and 2.5mg of propanolol.

11:30am wide awake and restless but to tired physically to get out of bed.

1:30pm forced myself to eat food which made me feel very nauseas and spinning head. Had to lay down to stop it.

3:00pm propanolol 2.5 mg and a small snack

3:30 very restless and had to move but physically exhausted. Feel like tjhe world around me is strange.

5:30pm .125mg clonazepam with a small meal. Feel nauseas again.

6:30pm feel very restless and agitated

8:00 pm the restlessness and agitation is just getting worse and worse. Typing this has taken me about 20 mins. Have to get up and move. Stomach is on fire and i am getting mad about things for no reason. Thats where i am at now i will add more later.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Forgot to mention agitation last night was extreme. Seems to be getting worse every evening

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

Should i be doing the log everyday?

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

I took my morning dose of zoloft an hour late this morning. Feel worse than ever. Can an hour really make that big a difference?

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

What exactly does "Feel worse than ever" mean? What symptoms, when, how long?

On 6/29/2018 at 4:57 PM, Freedom1975 said:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

Think i got it right this time.

I will do a symptoms list starting tonight. Dumb question should i also include what supplements i take as well? Just taking magnesium and fish oil.

That link goes to the Interactions Checker page. Please put all your drugs into the Interactions Checker, click on the button to get the report, and copy and paste the URL for the report here. Thank you.

It looks like you are taking Klonopin "as needed", not on any schedule?

It also appears that you are getting rebound anxiety when the zopiclone wears off. Please start a topic here to discuss your benzo dosing.

It seems likely your symptoms are caused by the zopiclone and benzo. Please stop tapering Zoloft. (In the meantime, can you get a prescription for liquid Zoloft from your doctor?)

Worse than ever means i am bouncing off the walls. I have extreme restlessness and cant think straight, terrible headache and keep dry heaving. Its been happening all morning. I take the konopin the same times everyday. Yes i can get a liquid prescription for zoloft. I make it my self because it costs 114$ to have it made. I have stopped tapering the zoloft. I have been taking the same amount for about 4 weeks now.

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

I tried the link u gave me. Takes me to nothing. At the moment i can not figure out how to copy and paste the drug interactions

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

Yes, do the log every day.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, Freedom1975 said:

11pm took mirtazipine 15mg

Zopiclone 3. 75 mg

.125mg of clonazepam

Didnt fall asleep just felt a little more calm. At some point i fell asleep.

3am hit with wave of anxiety like feeling. More of an extreme restlessness. 

Calmed me down a little and put me into a state of like dreaming but still awake.

8 am felt that feeling again like 3am

Went back into that state of dreaming while still awake.

11am took 11mg of zoloft and 2.5mg of propanolol.

11:30am wide awake and restless but to tired physically to get out of bed.

1:30pm forced myself to eat food which made me feel very nauseas and spinning head. Had to lay down to stop it.

3:00pm propanolol 2.5 mg and a small snack

3:30 very restless and had to move but physically exhausted. Feel like tjhe world around me is strange.

5:30pm .125mg clonazepam with a small meal. Feel nauseas again.

6:30pm feel very restless and agitated

8:00 pm the restlessness and agitation is just getting worse and worse. Typing this has taken me about 20 mins. Have to get up and move. Stomach is on fire and i am getting mad about things for no reason. Thats where i am at now i will add more later.

You take

11 pm 3.75mg zopiclone

11 pm 0.125mg clonazepam

3 am 0.125mg clonazepam

8 am 0.125mg clonazepam

11 am 11mg Zoloft

11 am 2.5mg propanolol

3 pm 2.5mg propanolol

5:30 pm 0.125mg clonazepam

every day?

How long have you been taking propanolol? What effect does it have on you? Do you ordinarily have high blood pressure?

On 7/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, Freedom1975 said:

This is correct, thank you.

You can see how taking 4 drugs, with side effects plus interactions and potential prior adverse reactions, can get very complicated.

Given the drug interactions, I am thinking you might want to stop propanolol first, if it doesn't seem to be helping. That would be a relatively short taper.

Yes i take those meds everyday at those times. I have been taking the propranolol for about 8 months. When i first started taking the propranolol it settled down the Akathasia quite a bit. They started me at 20mg a day which turned me into a vegetable with no soul. I just wanted to be dead. And would get very agitated when it wore off. Anyways they lowered it to 5mg because "i am sensitive to meds". So been taking it at 5mg for about 8 months. I dont really feel anything when i take it, but if i miss a dose i get the shakes, very anxious and need to move. Its all a vicious cycle. 

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

How long have you been taking 2.5mg propanolol at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.?

How is your blood pressure?

Blood pressure is fine. Taking that dose for 8 months

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

• Administrator

When was the last time you skipped a dose? How do you feel about reducing the dosage?

I have never missed a dose. I just took it late. Felt something was off so i took it. Started feeling very restless and shaky. So your thoughts are to hold on everything and start a propranolol taper. Would i have to do a 10% taper of that as well? Is it easier to come off than the others? Sorry for the late reply

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

The thing that scares me is when you lower a dose things arent terrible. Then a few days or weeks later its like bam things get real bad. And you have no idea what to blame. Is it the reduction, is it side effects from the meds. Am i crazy all these thoughts fo through my head

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol

11pm 3.75mg zopiclone, 15mg mirtazipine, .125mg clonazepam

1130 felt somewhat relaxed. Think i fell asleep

3am awake like my body knows the time. Took .125mg clonazepam

Fell asleep had vivid dreams

8am .125mg clonazepam with snack

11am 11mg zoloft, 2.25mg propranolol with food

1130 am wide awake with a drunk feeling. Didnt know where i was for a bit

12pm feel like i am really anxious but not at the same time. Same sick nausea feeling.

3pm 2.25mg propranolol with food

Feel brain dead

530pm .125mg clonazepam with food

6pm until now 1045pm. Feel anxious and brain dead. Like i have a hangover i guess.

I asked before if it would be a good idea to take the propranolol at 8 am instead of 11am or should i just taper the dose and continue with the same time schedule? This feeling of disconnection from my body is awful. When i am talking to someone i am forgetting what we are talking about.

For the propranolol i mixed a 10mg pill with 10ml of water and took 2 1/4 ml of that. Hope my math is right.

Thx 

Kevin

March 2017. Mirtazipine. 

April 2017 zopiclone

Oct 2017 propanolol