Jump to content
mirage

Questions for those who have had success

Recommended Posts

mirage

For anyone out there that has recovered, can you share some insight if your cns sort of cycled before it evened out and you felt well? 

 

I know this sounds odd and I know we have waves and windows, but I have been doing pretty well for the last several months. Having waves but they have been really manageable. However, as of yesterday, a wave came and brought symptoms that I had, a year ago, in the beginning of this journey. Several of these symptoms have been gone for at least 6 months or longer. 

 

I guess, i'm wondering, since the brain and cns are healing, each section at different times (like the rubiks cube video), could it take the body an entire year to get through the system and then it goes all the way back to the beginning and starts the healing process over and continues to do that until everything is back to homeostasis? Could that be why this journey takes so long?

 

Just curious to know anyone's thoughts on this and if anyone has had symptoms come back that have been gone for a long time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frasier23

@mirage Great questions. Hopefully someone answers. My progress so far has been small waves which I barely noticed and now bigger waves so you might be on something. You should mail your thoughts to a neuro doctor or similiar and ask how it works with brain damage in general, drug addicts etc.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@frasier23 Thank you for responding.

 

I have never had windows that are free from symptoms but, in the past several months, my waves have been manageable and my windows, short. Now that I am 1 year into this journey, this recent wave, is bringing on symptoms that have long left me. Im going to pay close attention to it and see if waves after this get shorter and will these symptoms quickly become less than they were a year ago.

 

I have read on some of the success stories that some said they started to see significant changes around the year and a half to two year mark. I guess i'm just thinking out loud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
4 hours ago, mirage said:

@frasier23 Thank you for responding.

 

I have never had windows that are free from symptoms but, in the past several months, my waves have been manageable and my windows, short. Now that I am 1 year into this journey, this recent wave, is bringing on symptoms that have long left me. Im going to pay close attention to it and see if waves after this get shorter and will these symptoms quickly become less than they were a year ago.

 

I have read on some of the success stories that some said they started to see significant changes around the year and a half to two year mark. I guess i'm just thinking out loud. 

You really seem like your into something did you cold turkey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456 Thank you for responding. Yes, I ct. My obgyn put me on the Wellbutrin to help with pms symptoms. I went through menopause a year ago so I thought I wouldn't need the med any longer. I was never told that I would need to taper. Im going to sound dumb here, but I never did any homework on these meds. My dr was so casual when she prescribed it. She said it would take a few weeks and then it would help my monthly symptoms. The ease I had while on the med, had me believe it was just like taking an advil. So here I am, on this journey.

 

Ive just been doing some thinking and reading back at my daily journals through this experience. The symptoms I am getting now, are almost the exact same as the ones I had at this time last year. Except, they are not as intense. I'm wondering if I will cycle through the same symptoms this year, but with less intensity, and eventually with each passing year, they will get less and less until they are gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
4 minutes ago, mirage said:

@Liamb123456 Thank you for responding. Yes, I ct. My obgyn put me on the Wellbutrin to help with pms symptoms. I went through menopause a year ago so I thought I wouldn't need the med any longer. I was never told that I would need to taper. Im going to sound dumb here, but I never did any homework on these meds. My dr was so casual when she prescribed it. She said it would take a few weeks and then it would help my monthly symptoms. The ease I had while on the med, had me believe it was just like taking an advil. So here I am, on this journey.

 

Ive just been doing some thinking and reading back at my daily journals through this experience. The symptoms I am getting now, are almost the exact same as the ones I had at this time last year. Except, they are not as intense. I'm wondering if I will cycle through the same symptoms this year, but with less intensity, and eventually with each passing year, they will get less and less until they are gone. 

How long were you on meds for??? What symptoms are coming back now that you are a year off??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456I was on Wellbutrin 300xl for 8 years. I stopped the med in early May of 2017. Started getting symptoms in early June 2017. The first 6 months I had every symptom out there. To mention some, severe muscle tics, dark thoughts, over sensitive to light and sound, scared of everything! Couldn't watch anything on tv couldn't go into a dark room or outside in the dark. Restless leg syndrome, shaking in my arms and hands, severe nausea, vertigo and dizziness, cold all of the time, severe insomnia and severe, heart pounding anxiety all of the time. Pain in my jaw and a very tight band around my head. I was so ill I dropped down to 104lbs. I have always been a very social person and a traveler. I thought I would never be able to do any of the things I did before.

 

Today, I walk my 4 dogs every single morning. I exercise every day. I work 2 days a week, 6 hours per work day. I go out every Friday night. I do dollar taco night with a group of friends every Monday and I have not had to miss anything in the past 2 and a half/3 months. 

 

Symptoms I still have, 4am cortisol wake up. However, I am sleeping about 6 hours straight every night and I am able to doze a smidge after I wake at 4 am. Anxiety but not the heart pounding, anxiety attack kind. Dizziness. Occasional muscle ticks. I still have a little oddness with dark rooms but its more my vision than me being scared. Occasional, light jaw pain. All of my symptoms are manageable. The one that gets the best of me is the dizziness. I'm not sure how much of that symptom is true dizziness and how much of it is a symptom from anxiety. I have never suffered from anxiety in my entire life, until this journey and I am 53. 

 

I am making it my mission to heal and to get back to a complete, normal life. Like I use to have. I will not allow myself to be trapped. Life is short and there is still a lot of fun to be had. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terry4949

Mirage you sound very similar to me I am now 16 months into a c/t of many drugs but have been suffering for a lot longer I am now starting to sleep 5 hours straight but it doesn’t feel like restorative sleep and wake at 4am with cortisol spikes but not racing heart beat sort of anxiety but I get pulsating tinnitus I can hear my hat beat , like you some of my symptoms lessoned around 12 months they didn’t go away but I could just about live with them but now months 14 to 16 it’s like I have gone back to full blown mode maybe I don’t have windows but a certain times of the day normally mid morning I can feel very unwell so sick and then after 4 to 5 hours I start to feel better that’s when I am able to eat something I think you might be on to something with your theory of what the brain is trying to do by going back and trying to repair other parts from starting at the beginning again , I am pleased that you can work and manage to get out with friends and walk your dogs as this is important I think to speed up recovery , I do walk my dogs every day for 1 hour to get myself out but some days it makes me feel so physically sick and I feel I am going to pass out I think I have got some sort of dystaunomia from all of this but I wish you well with your healing and will watch your progress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
8 hours ago, mirage said:

@Liamb123456I was on Wellbutrin 300xl for 8 years. I stopped the med in early May of 2017. Started getting symptoms in early June 2017. The first 6 months I had every symptom out there. To mention some, severe muscle tics, dark thoughts, over sensitive to light and sound, scared of everything! Couldn't watch anything on tv couldn't go into a dark room or outside in the dark. Restless leg syndrome, shaking in my arms and hands, severe nausea, vertigo and dizziness, cold all of the time, severe insomnia and severe, heart pounding anxiety all of the time. Pain in my jaw and a very tight band around my head. I was so ill I dropped down to 104lbs. I have always been a very social person and a traveler. I thought I would never be able to do any of the things I did before.

 

Today, I walk my 4 dogs every single morning. I exercise every day. I work 2 days a week, 6 hours per work day. I go out every Friday night. I do dollar taco night with a group of friends every Monday and I have not had to miss anything in the past 2 and a half/3 months. 

 

Symptoms I still have, 4am cortisol wake up. However, I am sleeping about 6 hours straight every night and I am able to doze a smidge after I wake at 4 am. Anxiety but not the heart pounding, anxiety attack kind. Dizziness. Occasional muscle ticks. I still have a little oddness with dark rooms but its more my vision than me being scared. Occasional, light jaw pain. All of my symptoms are manageable. The one that gets the best of me is the dizziness. I'm not sure how much of that symptom is true dizziness and how much of it is a symptom from anxiety. I have never suffered from anxiety in my entire life, until this journey and I am 53. 

 

I am making it my mission to heal and to get back to a complete, normal life. Like I use to have. I will not allow myself to be trapped. Life is short and there is still a lot of fun to be had. 

 

 

 

 

Wow that amazing I am 10 months out cold turkey we're you still bad at 10 months out like experiencing still bad symptoms wen did you see big improvement.. you say you go out on Friday night do you have few beers with friends.. how is your fatigue at the moment yes I understand I still get anxiety at time not panic attack or heartpounding anxiety just inner restlessness are you like that why we're you put on this meds yes I'm 26 there is still definitely a lot off fun to happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456 At 10 months out, I was just starting to see improvement. Although it was very small. Actually, all improvement has been extremely slight. Baby steps this entire time. 

 

At some point, I made the decision to go on with my life, no matter how bad I feel. There were many times I went out and only stayed for a short time but I went. I try and remember that the anxiety is just a symptom and I fake until I make it. The more I go out, the more I am telling my brain that I am okay and I am not in danger. Over time, I think that will lessen and I will completely get rid of the anxiety. 

 

I have had a small glass of wine, occasionally. It does ramp up my symptoms when I have some drinks so I tend to stay away from it for now. 

 

I describe it as this, my system been shocked. I feel like someone, literally, plugged me into an electrical outlet and zapped me. It sent my body completely upside down. I have been through years of living, with a lot of ups and downs. This journey, by far, has been the most challenging! 

 

 With broken bones Drs know, and we know, approximately when they will heal. With most illness, we can gauge a healing time as well. This is just so unknown and it comes with so many symptoms. It is a lot to come back from but we have to believe that we will come back and we will have gained so much from this experience. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456 I forgot to answer your question about fatigue. I have fatigue but I don't ever feel sleepy. When I get tired my symptoms just get worse. Its like my body has forgotten what it is like to be sleepy. It is confused. So that creates fatigue but if I lay down, I would never fall asleep. The, previous to this journey me, could fall asleep any time, with no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Altostrata

Folks, mirage is asking for suggestions leading to improvement. Please try to frame your responses in a positive way, rather than rehashing a litany of your complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bgoggles1

Hi Mirage. I am kind of in the same boat as you. I'm about 1 year out from My  cold turkey. I had tried to reinstate afterwards but it was terrible. However my windows are starting to get better. I had a pretty bad wave about 3 weeks ago that sent me right back into a cute. But after that wave I felt like I approved a lot with my symptoms. Just so you know the dawn always comes after the darkness. So when I feel that a wave comes on, I feel like there's just more healing and there will be evidence of this once the wave passes. The fact that you're able to walk your dogs and live a pretty normal life is really encouraging. Your healing is definitely there. Just keep going you're doing great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Terry4949 Hang in there. I think it is important to continue a, normal, daily schedule as much as possible. So I commend you for walking your dogs for an hour and pushing through. 

 

I did ask what anyone thought about the system recycling until, eventually, it gets back to a norm or homeostasis. Only because I have a few symptoms back that I had in the very beginning only they are not as strong, also, they have been gone for about 6 months and, boom, here they are. 

 

I come from a blood line of, "keep on living no matter what". My mother lived on a farm during her childhood. She was the baby of 10 children and her father died when she was 5. She had to leave school at the age of 10 to work on the farm in order to help her mom make ends meet. I watched that sweet women work hard her entire life. She passed from cancer and even in her hospice bed, she would daily lift 1lb weights to keep her strength. Eventually, that terrible illness over came her. I miss her to this day, but I watched her be strong until the very end. I will do the same with this journey. 

 

 Accept that this is where you are right now but continue to push forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@bgoggles1 Thank you for responding. I am in a wave right now. It started Wednesday evening. I did have a smidge of a window last night but woke up to the bad wave again this morning. The waves are not pleasant that is for sure but I make sure I still try and stay with my norm. I do work out but I don't over due it and I am planning on going out tonight for our Friday night dinner with friends. I may not last long, but by golly, I am going to go. 

 

I think you are right about the dark coming before the dawn. I love that. Thank you for passing that on to me. I look forward to watching your progress and, one day, reading your success story. Stay positive and stay strong dear friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Altostrata Thank you.

 

Was just throwing out some thoughts. I'm hoping I can be of help to anyone. This journey is a struggle and, perhaps, just one simple thing said, could help change the direction someone goes. 

 

Looking forward to full healing and helping others on their journey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmGirlWorks

Thanks @mirage for this topic. I am curious about this as I thought I was through with physical symptoms and only (!) have the anxiety/depression/SI. But the last month or so I have had tingles and nerve twitches on the right side of my face occasionally. Doesn't hurt but it is disconcerting. Could be related to nerves from the brain tumor removal so many years ago (I believe changes occur years and years after the trauma) or WD. I am curious, though, if physical symptoms may manifest again. * Great attitude and keep on, keeping on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@FarmGirlWorks Thank you for contacting me and for the kind words. 

 

I write about this journey every day and I looked back at this time last year and it is odd how many of the symptoms have come back but again, not at the same level. My worst and most difficult symptom is the dizziness. When that one goes away...I am going to celebrate! That may be a new pair of cute shoes. lol! 

 

I'll include you in my prayers. Stay strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
myndfull
On 6/28/2018 at 7:53 AM, mirage said:

For anyone out there that has recovered, can you share some insight if your cns sort of cycled before it evened out and you felt well? 

 

I know this sounds odd and I know we have waves and windows, but I have been doing pretty well for the last several months. Having waves but they have been really manageable. However, as of yesterday, a wave came and brought symptoms that I had, a year ago, in the beginning of this journey. Several of these symptoms have been gone for at least 6 months or longer. 

 

I guess, i'm wondering, since the brain and cns are healing, each section at different times (like the rubiks cube video), could it take the body an entire year to get through the system and then it goes all the way back to the beginning and starts the healing process over and continues to do that until everything is back to homeostasis? Could that be why this journey takes so long?

 

Just curious to know anyone's thoughts on this and if anyone has had symptoms come back that have been gone for a long time. 

 

 

MIrage -- I can't say that I've recovered, not yet. But I'm now almost two months post jump from Celexa. So I do have perspective on how this works.

 

The windows and waves metaphors indicate and suggest a pattern. It goes like this:  pain and then surcease from pain; pain and then surcease from pain. REPEAT MANY, MANY TIMES. Each time it's the same pain but slightly different; not as bad as the last time. The good thing is that this pattern is a downward spiral. That is, because of the last reduction, the next period of pain will be just a teenzy bit less painful.

 

That pattern keeps going, and ittle by little and bit by bit the pain gets less painful. You get better. It happens so slowly we barely notice it, but it does happen so we all need to pay attention to it. Pain manifests in various ways, and those ways go away, and then they come back. But they do not come back as strong as the were; there's always a difference. Things that were a big pain, go away, and then return slightly less painful. 

 

The pattern continues. For me: three years, eight months.

 

But the pattern continues in my recovery period. Now that I no longer have any Celexa in me I'm noticing that the old pains are barely returning at all, and when they do they're vestiges. Not nearly as bad. 

 

How long the cycling takes is probably dependent on the person. You hear a lot on SA that "we're all different." What we mean by that, I think, is that we all experience the same symptoms but to greater or lesser degrees and to greater or lesser amounts.

 

In withdrawal, cycling down to normal IS normal. 

 

We'll all get to the other normal eventually. I always like to remember that change as a concept is neither negative or positive.  Since change is inevitable, it's smarter to think of it as a positive. I usually do.

 

So I think the changes we become are going to be good ones. I'm looking forward to them.

 

Myndfull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@myndfull Thank you! You explained that in such a great way. I truly appreciate you responding and sharing that. It is of great help to me.

 

I have noticed that some symptoms are getting lighter or less, but then some, just as severe. It is the dizziness that complicates things for me. I think because it is harder to, sort of disregard it. However, I am managing to still get things done and to still live.  I have to constantly remind myself of that and not go down the path of what I use to do and how I use to be. It is still about living and finding meaning and staying positive. 

 

I have to remember my glass is half full and one day, it will be half full with wine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WiggleIt

Hello mirage,

In my opinion, being one year off is still very early days.  I didn't used to believe people when they said the same thing to me, but I am now four years off, so I now look back at myself at one year off and realize how early that was in the recovery process.  You will heal so much more, and it doesn't sound to me like you should be scared or worried at these symptoms that returned.

Whether we refer to it as "cycling" or as "windows and waves," the thing to keep in mind is that recovery from this is not linear.  

In the first two years off, I'd get so shocked and scared at the windows and waves, and so shocked that sometimes stuff would reappear... but I eventually got way, way better.  I have so much faith that you will, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@WiggleIt Thank you for taking the time to contact me and thank you for the reassuring message. I am for sure better than I was at this time last year but pretty far from my normal self. This dizziness is the hardest symptom. If that would go away I would be pretty healed. I can handle the anxiety and, occasional muscle ticks but the dizziness, hard. I also still feel that scrambled brain feeling. That is a hard symptom to explain. It is very odd. 

 

 I'm taking it one day at a time. Some days are much harder, of course. I try and think that I still need to live and to make sure, for myself, my family and my friends that each day has some good quality time in it.

 

At 4 years off, it sounds like you are doing well. That is re assuring and so GREAT to hear! THANK YOU!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456
6 hours ago, WiggleIt said:

Hello mirage,

In my opinion, being one year off is still very early days.  I didn't used to believe people when they said the same thing to me, but I am now four years off, so I now look back at myself at one year off and realize how early that was in the recovery process.  You will heal so much more, and it doesn't sound to me like you should be scared or worried at these symptoms that returned.

Whether we refer to it as "cycling" or as "windows and waves," the thing to keep in mind is that recovery from this is not linear.  

In the first two years off, I'd get so shocked and scared at the windows and waves, and so shocked that sometimes stuff would reappear... but I eventually got way, way better.  I have so much faith that you will, too.

How long were you on meds for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Liamb123456 I was on 1 med, Wellbutrin 300xl for about 8 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rosetta

Mirage wrote:

 

 I just read your responses here and you are both so great and positive. This is a tough journey. I am in a wave and have been since last Wednesday. I had a smidge of a window yesterday but, clearly over did it as we had 32 people over for the Fourth of July. I am suffering for it today with really extreme dizziness. However, I wouldn't have traded it. The day was wonderful. I have always been one to have the events at my house and I love to entertain and prepare food and to let people feel welcome and have a good time. I have not been able to do that since this began in June of 2017. It was really beautiful to watch the love and the laughter that was in my home all day yesterday. I love my little nieces and nephews flying inside and outside of the house and the excitement of the fireworks on their faces. God gave me a good day. 

 

One thing I noticed last night, I have a weird sensation when being in the dark. It is something with my eyesight. Hard to describe. I don't lose any sight and I don't have burred vision. It is odd and it causes the dizziness to be worse. Did either of you experience anything like this or do you know what is going on? 

 

Answer:  

 

Hi, Mirage,

 

I don't think I have any issues with being in the dark, but I do have a lot of eyesight issues.  Being in low light is difficult both eyesight-wise and emotionally. I have muscular issues with my right eye related to WD.  It used to twitch -- the muscles that control vision seemed to twitch.  It was not just my eyelid.  I would get cramps in those muscles and right side headaches from using the eye.  I patched it, and then I could read without causing cramps or headaches!! Very, very strange, huh?  It has been much better lately.  

 

A lot of people complain of eyesight issues in WD and others say that any weakness in the body seems to be amplified.  To hear that you have a problem in the dark that you can't describe or explain does not surprise me at all.  I had surgery for a lazy eye on the right side when I was 10.  Maybe that's why my right was affected and not my left?  Who knows.  Could be coincidence.  

 

I suspect that whatever is happening to you will resolve with time.  Your brain just needs time to heal perhaps. 

 

I'm very happy to hear that you have so few symptoms.  It's wonderful that you were able to have a 4th of July party and that you enjoyed it.  I'm sure that was a good thing even if you have some extra dizziness as a consequence.  Hold on to your social life as much as possible.  It's very important.

 

Rosetta

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rosetta
On June 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM, mirage said:

@Liamb123456 I forgot to answer your question about fatigue. I have fatigue but I don't ever feel sleepy. When I get tired my symptoms just get worse. Its like my body has forgotten what it is like to be sleepy. It is confused. So that creates fatigue but if I lay down, I would never fall asleep. The, previous to this journey me, could fall asleep any time, with no problem. 

 

I could have written this!!  It is getting better all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Rosetta Thank you! I can't say, enough, how wonderful it is to have your opinion and how positive you are. I have to stay positive and I love that about your responses. I think attitude is so important in this recovery.

 

Actually, I think you hit the nail more on the head with it being in low light that I have the problems and not necessarily the dark. But, I also notice that light seems brighter as well. It is just quite odd. I keep thinking it is just over sensitive ocular nerves. Not sure it that is correct. I did have a complete eye exam about 6 months into this journey. (Was one of the million drs I saw when trying to figure out what was wrong with me). The exam was normal. Also, you are right about it  being difficult emotionally too. It ramps up the anxiety. We live in a park and the cities fireworks display is just about in our backyard. The darker it got, the worse my symptoms got and, holy cow, when the fireworks started, the dizziness got crazy and I had to stand through the entire thing. But, I was able to stay and watch. 

 

These symptoms are just scary and I have to keep telling myself that they are just that, symptoms and they are not permanent. 

 

Thank you for the input on the fatigue. Another odd thing. I am whipped today and, before this journey, I'd have to have an afternoon coffee to keep me awake. Not now. I keep yawning and yawning and yet, I don't feel that tired feeling. Just feel more dizzy. Also on days like this, even f I laid down, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I'll be so excited the day I actually feel tired and exhausted. Not that I am glad you had this, but I am relieved to hear you understand and it is getting better. Again, thank you! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rabe

Hi Mirage,

I think your stamina is amazing!  I come from the same stock...keep pushing and going...dont stop.  I think that can be a very good thing but have to say that at times it trips me up and I've found resting or doing less for a day or so can be the little extra needed to calm my system.  

I believe your thoughts about our systems healing and then having to go back and do some spot healing would make much sense.  Since the  receptors and chemicals affect our entire bodies, to me it seems logical that just as changes are made by the meds that cause a domino effect, so too changes made from coming off them would do the same...how large depending upon how much is affected by each change. 

Sort of like people who have surgeries or procedures that are temporary until healing can occur, such as external or internal fixations for fractures, or corrective surgeries that need to be recorrected as people grow.  

So I think your theory makes much sense...and it is SO nice to hear that perhaps symptoms are less intense the 'second time around'?  Hope you continue to heal well.  You have come SO far!  Blessings, thoughts, and hugs!!  💜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Rabe Thank you for your kind words and support. I am so use to plugging through things and pushing myself. Your advice about taking a few days off is what I need to do. I am finding the more I do, the worse my symptoms, and I am not giving my system time to take a deep breathe. 

 

I have been doing some positive reading and focusing on it. You are so kind and such a cheerleader. I pray that your healing will come soon and I look forward to reading your success story. 

 

Sending hugs and prayers dear friend. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gentlehermione
4 hours ago, mirage said:

I am so use to plugging through things and pushing myself. Your advice about taking a few days off is what I need to do. I am finding the more I do, the worse my symptoms, and I am not giving my system time to take a deep breathe. 

 

I have the exact same problem. After experiencing a few consecutive days with windows, I did too much yesterday and paid for it with pronounced dizziness - my worst symptom, too 😉 - and then an anxiety attack (haven't had one in months). The trick is to finding out where the fine line between enough and too much is.

 

Onwards and upwards!

 

PS Dogs are the best therapists 🐶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@gentlehermione Thank you for responding. The dizziness is so difficult. Hard to ignore. I also have the neuro anxiety that just hangs around for no reason. I'm with you, onwards and upwards.  

 

Have you noticed things getting better for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gentlehermione
4 hours ago, mirage said:

Have you noticed things getting better for you?

 

I've been Cymbalta-free for 8 months and up until yesterday there has, in general, been a slight improvement. Some of the initial symptoms - night sweats, heavy legs, burning skin on feet, headaches - have disappeared however the dizziness has only ever stopped for a couple of hours at the most 😵 Having experienced a window the first half of this past week, I seem to now be in a wave with pronounced dizziness and anxiety. I'm just hoping it won't last too long 😉

 

May God give us the strength we need to get through this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@gentlehermione I am 13 months off and have hit a pretty bad wave that started last Wednesday. Other than a few hour window on July 4th, it has been ongoing symptoms. 

 

I understand when you say you have pronounced dizziness and anxiety. I was doing better as well and then these past few waves have been really tough. Its almost like ive gone back to the beginning, only not quite as intense. 

 

The only thing we can do is push forward and live each day to the fullest we can with these symptoms. No matter what, we can find a few things that are positives in each day and focus on those. 

 

Yes, may God give us strength. I pray for that each and every day. I will add you to my prayer list and one day we will be healed and we will have put this journey behind us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madeleine

Mirage and gentle: 

did anything change in your lives that could have made your symptoms worse? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mirage

@Madeleine Nothing specific in my life has caused me to get worse. I have noticed that if I work out harder or have a busy day, my symptoms get worse. I realize it is a matter of time for my body to heal. I have never had anxiety or depression. Eight years ago my obgyn put me on the med to help ease pms symptoms. Now I have anxiety that just happens. It just comes. I know that I have to take it one day at a time and, eventually, I will heal and be back. How are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madeleine

I’m generally okay but still tapering 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.