Jump to content
Undiagnosed1

Fully functional - Undiagnosed1

Recommended Posts

Undiagnosed1

 

undiagnosed1-unsure-of-what-to-do-next

 

22 months off Mirtazapine C/T

15 months off Trazodone fast tapper 

14 months off Coreg fast taper 

12 months off gabapintin  fast taper 

 

It is difficult for me to come back to SA, but I swore that if I managed to get past my withdrawal syndrome that I would come back and write my success story.

 

When I was at my worst I read success stories all day everyday, over and over again. I needed hope and this site was the only hope I had. No one understood  how badly I was suffering. Everyone gave up on me....except my wife, she would cry with me and tell me that she knew I was still in there and that one day we would resume our life.

 

At the time I didn't believe I was ever going to get better I was so entrenched in crippling anxiety, crushing depression and guilt. I suffered so badly with a wide range of symptoms for so long that everyday was a battle just to survive.

 

I couldn't work for a year and four months and when I did manage to go back I would say I was only 50% still dealing with cortisol mornings, intense fear and impending doom, driving in traffic was a serious challenge. My wife was 3 months from giving birth when I knew I had to get up and attempt to work, I refused to let this beat me and was determined to be the best father I could be. I cried on the way to work and I cried on the way home daily for sometime, hell many times I took break just to cry.

 

It's difficult to remember when things started getting better  " about 15-16 months after C/T of Mirtazapine " but once things began to significantly improve it was fairly rapid. Cortisol mornings, horrible thoughts upon waking, intense fear, doom, guilt, self harm thoughts etc etc faded one after another within a few months.

 

At that point I was left with terrible short term memory and off and on kaleidoscope vision that scared the crap out of me. The vision issue has faded but the memory issue persist which I don't let bother me much, I just take more notes.

 

Though out my withdrawal I helped take care of my mother in law whom was dying of cancer, we held each other everyday and she told me I had to get better to take care of her daughter and the baby that was coming  because she wasn't going to make it. My mother in law got to enjoy her first grandchild for 5 weeks before passing.

 

After she passed and things were calming down I realized I had made it. I was working a full time job, my emotions were back to normal.. I felt sadness, happiness I could smile,laugh, make jokes etc etc. We had our first child June 8th 2018, this little boy was like a ray of sunshine to me and gave me the drive to continue to build my coping skills and live life the best that I could, I changed professions to reduce stress in my life, I don't rush around like I used to, I don't stress the small stuff anymore, we take mini vacations regularly and above all else My wife and I are best friends, we appreciate each other so much more than before.

 

I am very thankful that the human brain has a way filing trauma away, It's not something I think about all the time now. Every once and a while I'll have a little flash back of the suffering  but it's momentary and it passes, I don't let it drag me down.

 

The symptoms I have listed are only the tip of the iceberg but I won't list them all, lets face it it's not going to do any of us any good to read though that over and over. I want to give thanks to all the admins who do what they do, You all are true " angels " without you all there are so many people who would be lost and at the mercy of their " doctors "  I will try and check in for the next couple of weeks to try and provide any help and or hope that I can.

 

Onward and upwards my friends 👍 

 

 

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RusTW

U1 thank you for sharing your story. All of us need a little pick-me-up from time to time to get through this. I was a cold turkey too. I'm at about eight months right now since the cold turkey thank God I reinstated after 3 weeks.

 

Is there anything specifically that you noticed when you started making breakthroughs in your recovery.

 

It's great that your wife helped you get through this. Sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law.

 Russ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopetobefree

Thank you so much @Undiagnosed1for coming back to write your success story it has made me happy to know that all the insane symptoms I'm currently suffering with, which you had also, will go at some point hopefully sometime this year if not the next. You made my day. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thecowisback

what a wonderful story- thankyou for sharing and giving us all hope!!! 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undiagnosed1
On 1/18/2019 at 9:25 PM, RusTW said:

U1 thank you for sharing your story. All of us need a little pick-me-up from time to time to get through this. I was a cold turkey too. I'm at about eight months right now since the cold turkey thank God I reinstated after 3 weeks.

 

Is there anything specifically that you noticed when you started making breakthroughs in your recovery.

 

It's great that your wife helped you get through this. Sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law.

 Russ 

 Russ,

              I'm glad I can provide a little boost in moral. I would say I started noticing that it was easier to leave the house and do basics like going to the grocery store "short stints" hopelessness faded and the desire to be productive started to come back all be it in the windows and wave pattern. Emotions became more normal " I wasn't crying everyday". The first time I had a good deep belly laugh I had to excuse myself, I walked outside and just broke down crying because it had been so long and I never thought I would be "that guy" again. And If there's one thing I can say for sure is that jumping from drug to drug looking for relief did not benefit me in any way, I eventually made the commitment that I was going to be free from my pharma prison sentence.  Keep you head up and keep moving forward Russ and if there is anything I can help you with please reach out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undiagnosed1
8 hours ago, Hopetobefree said:

Thank you so much @Undiagnosed1for coming back to write your success story it has made me happy to know that all the insane symptoms I'm currently suffering with, which you had also, will go at some point hopefully sometime this year if not the next. You made my day. 😃

Hope,

              Your positive attitude is like a ray of sunshine👍 I am so happy to see that you have not condemned yourself to eternal suffering, you will absolutely make it and you will rediscover yourself in ways you may have long forgotten due to these meds.

Keep up the positive attitude, it can be infectious and much needed when others are having a hard time.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undiagnosed1
57 minutes ago, thecowisback said:

what a wonderful story- thankyou for sharing and giving us all hope!!! 💕

 Cow,

            Hope is what we must hold on to. Onward and upward my friend 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RusTW
58 minutes ago, Undiagnosed1 said:

 Russ,

              I'm glad I can provide a little boost in moral. I would say I started noticing that it was easier to leave the house and do basics like going to the grocery store "short stints" hopelessness faded and the desire to be productive started to come back all be it in the windows and wave pattern. Emotions became more normal " I wasn't crying everyday". The first time I had a good deep belly laugh I had to excuse myself, I walked outside and just broke down crying because it had been so long and I never thought I would be "that guy" again. And If there's one thing I can say for sure is that jumping from drug to drug looking for relief did not benefit me in any way, I eventually made the commitment that I was going to be free from my pharma prison sentence.  Keep you head up and keep moving forward Russ and if there is anything I can help you with please reach out.

Thanks U1 Best wishes to You and your family. GREAT JOB 

 Russ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madeleine

God Bless you and your family.  Thank you so much for coming back to share your inspirational story. So nice to hear that you and your MIL could help each other.  She is likely watching you from above and will be a guardian angel for you praying for you all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GirlfromD

Congratulations! 😊 And thank you for coming back to write and sharing your success story, it really means a lot 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kirby

Wow! It seems like you overcame a lot to get to today! Good luck in the future and kudos to you for your hard work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Survivor1

So happy to hear that you are doing better.  It is inspirational.  Hope you continue to see improvements and enjoy your life with your young child and wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liamb123456

Hey congratulations how long are you off meds now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachellynn

Congrats❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo1983

Well done buddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Armorall

Update: I ran into Undiagnosed1 on a Lovely Grind comment and asked him if he could write a success story for SA (not knowing he was Undiagnosed1)

 

He said that he is doing well. He said he's completely symptom free minus struggling with short-term memory, and has a beautiful 1.5 year old son. 

 

He said his CNS is mostly stabilized minus extremely stressful situations, in which he just feels a little anxious.

He will return around February on his anniversary to check in with SA! 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Santino

Happy for you friend....

We do appreciate our lives more after this WD stuff. 

All the best and enjoyr your family and life as much as you can buddy.

Santino

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Longroadhome
On 1/19/2019 at 1:54 AM, Undiagnosed1 said:

 

undiagnosed1-unsure-of-what-to-do-next

 

22 months off Mirtazapine C/T

15 months off Trazodone fast tapper 

14 months off Coreg fast taper 

12 months off gabapintin  fast taper 

 

It is difficult for me to come back to SA, but I swore that if I managed to get past my withdrawal syndrome that I would come back and write my success story.

 

When I was at my worst I read success stories all day everyday, over and over again. I needed hope and this site was the only hope I had. No one understood  how badly I was suffering. Everyone gave up on me....except my wife, she would cry with me and tell me that she knew I was still in there and that one day we would resume our life.

 

At the time I didn't believe I was ever going to get better I was so entrenched in crippling anxiety, crushing depression and guilt. I suffered so badly with a wide range of symptoms for so long that everyday was a battle just to survive.

 

I couldn't work for a year and four months and when I did manage to go back I would say I was only 50% still dealing with cortisol mornings, intense fear and impending doom, driving in traffic was a serious challenge. My wife was 3 months from giving birth when I knew I had to get up and attempt to work, I refused to let this beat me and was determined to be the best father I could be. I cried on the way to work and I cried on the way home daily for sometime, hell many times I took break just to cry.

 

It's difficult to remember when things started getting better  " about 15-16 months after C/T of Mirtazapine " but once things began to significantly improve it was fairly rapid. Cortisol mornings, horrible thoughts upon waking, intense fear, doom, guilt, self harm thoughts etc etc faded one after another within a few months.

 

At that point I was left with terrible short term memory and off and on kaleidoscope vision that scared the crap out of me. The vision issue has faded but the memory issue persist which I don't let bother me much, I just take more notes.

 

Though out my withdrawal I helped take care of my mother in law whom was dying of cancer, we held each other everyday and she told me I had to get better to take care of her daughter and the baby that was coming  because she wasn't going to make it. My mother in law got to enjoy her first grandchild for 5 weeks before passing.

 

After she passed and things were calming down I realized I had made it. I was working a full time job, my emotions were back to normal.. I felt sadness, happiness I could smile,laugh, make jokes etc etc. We had our first child June 8th 2018, this little boy was like a ray of sunshine to me and gave me the drive to continue to build my coping skills and live life the best that I could, I changed professions to reduce stress in my life, I don't rush around like I used to, I don't stress the small stuff anymore, we take mini vacations regularly and above all else My wife and I are best friends, we appreciate each other so much more than before.

 

I am very thankful that the human brain has a way filing trauma away, It's not something I think about all the time now. Every once and a while I'll have a little flash back of the suffering  but it's momentary and it passes, I don't let it drag me down.

 

The symptoms I have listed are only the tip of the iceberg but I won't list them all, lets face it it's not going to do any of us any good to read though that over and over. I want to give thanks to all the admins who do what they do, You all are true " angels " without you all there are so many people who would be lost and at the mercy of their " doctors "  I will try and check in for the next couple of weeks to try and provide any help and or hope that I can.

 

Onward and upwards my friends 👍 

 

 

Hello there thank you for your recovery story 

how long were you on meds for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undiagnosed1

@Santino Thank you so much for the kind words sir. So glad you are doing well yourself .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 @Longroadhome I was on none of my meds for more than a year, I was on the mirtazapine the shortest amount of time "60 days" but when I CT that medication it unleashed hell like nothing I had ever experienced, Which scared the crap out of me and at that point I just wanted off all of the medications. So throughout the year I dropped each one without a taper and things only got worse and worse which was all my fault for just jumping off of these drugs. Above all else TAPER, CT is a one way ticket to hell. Still to this day I have no idea how I endured the withdrawal and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy  . But here I am healed and coping with normal life as best I can and soon enough you all will too. I don't get on here often as I spent two years on here every single day. But I do help a few people out whom have contacted me through SA. The bottom line is we all need each other here, only we truly understand each others experiences and suffering. So hold on to each other tight and help where you can because to many people on here are alone in this, We absolutely need each other going through this endeavor  . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Longroadhome

Thank you so much for your reply . You really suffered considering short duration of meds. 

Thank you for your kind words . We are alone. 

Im in acute withdrawal after tapering meds too fast . I am experiencing the hell you went through . But knowing people recover means more than words can say. 

 

I understand about not coming here to post much . The trauma of going through WD and having to reassure ourselves daily by coming on the site like you have and I do to look for “hope”  means that it’s probably the last thing you want to do once recovered . But you have and I speak for many others who feel grateful that you have taken the time to do so. 

 

I wish you well 

LRH 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy