Kronos18: Lexapro withdrawal

Kronos18

Hi guys, i’m currently in my 18th day of withdrawal and it seems like it started to improve, some side effects as diziness and vertigo started to subside, I also started to go out little by little around my friends and the anxiety is not as powerfull as it used to be in the first week, I also started having some good days, but it’s early to judge, it’s an update on my withdrawal.For those who are struggling with it aswell keep going, it’s getting better soon.Exercise, diet, sleep and positivity(it’s very hard to keep it while withdrawing, but try to keep as much as possible) helps a lot, walking, runing.I personally do 15 mins of running once at 2 days and 15 mins of walking.I know it’s hard but keep going, things wil start to improve

Lorazepam -2 weeks-1 week 3 mg.4 days 2mg, 3 days 1mg. 13-27 November 2018

Lexapro -2 months-6 weeks of 10mg, 2 weeks of 5mg 27 November 2018-27 January 2019

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kronos,

Please post updates in your Introduction topic.  This keeps your history in one place and allows other members to see your journey in context.  SA works differently to many other forums.  Members each have an introduction topic where they can ask questions about their own situation and journal their progress.  It also becomes a case study.  We have medical professionals who visit the site.

It's good to read that you are noticing improvements.  Just be careful about not overdoing things on the good days.

On 5/15/2011 at 5:22 AM, Altostrata said:

MISSION OF SURVIVINGANTIDEPRESSANTS.ORG

Surviving Antidepressants is a site for peer support, documentation, and education of withdrawal symptoms and withdrawal syndrome caused by psychiatric drugs, specifically antidepressants.

The participants on this site have all experienced or are experiencing difficulty in withdrawal from psychiatric medications. We offer peer support to those who are similarly suffering, drawing from our personal experiences.

(No posting on this site should be construed as medical advice. For medical advice, consult a trusted medical caregiver.)

The personal stories on this site are documentation of an iatrogenic condition -- suffering caused by medical treatment -- that is almost always ignored, misdiagnosed, or denied by the medical establishment. Given the widespread prescription of antidepressants to tens of millions of people worldwide, withdrawal syndrome probably affects hundreds of thousands if not millions -- including newborns and children.

Antidepressant withdrawal syndrome can last weeks, months, or years. It can be distressing, debilitating, or even disabling. It may be adding to an increase in what is termed disabling mental illness.

With our documentation of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome, we hope to educate the medical establishment about this problem. Case studies are essential; they are evidence understood by doctors, the psychiatric industry, and government regulatory agencies.

Our hope is, eventually, antidepressants and other psychiatric drugs will be prescribed rarely, and only in cases of extremely severe mental illness after less invasive treatments have been tried.

Please join Surviving Antidepressants in its mission to support, document, and educate about psychiatric drug withdrawal syndrome.

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi.I read on the internet that teenagers tend to heal faster after ssri use.Is it true? Thank you

Lexapro -2 months-6 weeks of 10mg, 2 weeks of 5mg 27 November 2018-27 January 2019

What do you think about a 21 years male who took Lexapro for 2 months? I read that young people tend to heal faster and are more robust to the changes of the body.It was 10mg for 6 weeks and 5mg for 2 weeks.How long this thing is going to take?I’m currently in my 27th day off it and still feeling the withdrawals, some days are better than others

• Administrator

Nobody knows, Kronos.

I think what you want to know is when you'll be through all of this. All we can predict for you is that recovery will be very gradual, slow, and frustrating.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Topic title:  Not feeling like myself

Since I started the pills i’m not feeling like myself any more, it was only for 2 months i took them and one month since i don’t take them but i’m not feeling like myself any more, i can barely relate ro reality, extreme exhaustion and feeling like going crazy

Edited by ChessieCat

Hello Kronos.  I'm sorry to hear your having such difficulty so long after your discontinuation.  It can definitely take much longer than you would think.  I also suffered extreme fatigue as one of my prolonged wd symptoms and am still trying to get back to feeling more like the person I was before.  Hang in there.  There is lots of support for you here.  Others, with probably more specific recommendations for you, than I can give.  

I'm not sure exactly "how" your not feeling like yourself, but I stumbled across this chart that helped me make a little more sense of things.                     Mood-vs-Energy-vs-Intellect Waves                 

There's also a youtube video that I saw that was very uplifting generally about giving yourself time to heal.  I'm still looking for it and will post it if I can find it.  

Hope this helps.

My Name? I simply want -to want- to do anything.  I usually have no interest, desire or motivation to do anything; affecting every part of my being.

Since 1989:  Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Effexor. Singles of various doses and various combinations.

Several periods of time off, months to years, since then.

2013:  Zoloft 50mg (Solo 7 Months) Emotional Blunting etc.

2013:  Zoloft 50mg + Wellbutrin 300mg Very little help for emotional blunting.

2014-2016:  Prozac 20mg +Wellbutrin 300mg w/ various dose adjustments.  I continue to complain of Apathy and Emotional Blunting despite not feeling depressed. Dr. Continues to raise doses, when I suggest lowering.  Finally, I decide to lower P. dose myself.  Notify Dr. on next visit/next week and ask about tapering schedule. Dr. Recommended Stop Cold-Turkey from 40P, 450W.  "Its ok with these meds, If you start feeling weird, just take a 10mg Prozac".  Throws me into a month long Hypomanic phase followed by Emotional Dysregulation/Reactivity and Dysautonomia w/ vasovagal syncope and Chronic Fatique. 

3/25/16: Prozac 10mg

5/13/16: Add Wellbutrin 150 (=P10, W150)  various (higher) dose combos since reinstatement.  Needless to say, w/ a new Doctor!

1/18/19: Back to P10, W150

6/26/19: Begin Prozac taper, 9mg.

8/12/19: Prozac 8mg.

The biggest problem i have right now is DR/DP.Will it ever go away? i feel like i can’t take it any more

Please read through section 6:  But I only took it for a Week

Edited by ChessieCat
added link

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Kronos18 said:

The biggest problem i have right now is DR/DP.Will it ever go away? i feel like i can’t take it any more

derealization-or-depersonalization-dr-and-dp

emotional-numbness-on-and-off-drugs

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

Will depersonalization triggered by SSRI use and withdrawal pass? I used it for 2 months, it is my biggest concern as I don’t want to spend the rest of my life like this.It’s awful

One problem i have is that i keep thinking about it so much, like i’m going crazy, i will never be the same, i will be like tht forever.This things won’t give me peace

So I guess you already know my story, but it wil re-write it anyway.In November i took Lorazepam for 2 weeks for panic attacks and when withdrawing from it I experienced Derealization for the first time.It continued after and i’m experiencing it today also.After I took Lorazepam, on 27 November I started taking Lexapro for 2 months, 6 weeks of 10mg and 2 weeks of 5mg and due the side effects of it I weaned off it.It made me feel like a zombie.Derealization is the worst symptom and won’t go away, what scares me the most is the fact that I read a lot of stories about it lasting for years and I really struggle with everyday tasks, it’s been one month off it and symptoms are getting better, i get more windows than waves, but I always think that It is no way out off it, earlier i posted on reddit about it and one guy told me he had it for the last 7 years and his trigger was prozac.I am only 21 years old, suffering a lot and feeling like my life is destroyed and i feel like i have lost everything since derealization started.I fear that this will last a long time and I really don’t know how to get out of it.I feel like I’m never going to be the same happy person as I was before, I’m suffering each day, thinking about it a lot and it makes me so sad.

Hi Kronos, i too have DR from Effexor withdrawal. I didn't feel 'detached' from myself (DP) as such but everything looked dreamy and unreal. I've definitely had improvement over time. I started noticing very slight improvements after 6-7 months (it may not take this long for you). I'm at 14 months & the dreamy feel has improved quite a bit as i dont have it all the time now. I have bad brain fog & some diziness which isn't great though. Hope it eases up for you soon!

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

Can nervous system be harmed after only 2 months of Lexapro?

Hi.Sorry for all these questions but i am really concerned about my health.I am 21 years old and took Lexapro for 2 months, currently withdrawing from it since one month, I know i had a fast tapper, after 6 weeks i dropped for 2 weeks from 10mg to 5 mg, and then 0 since one month.I am scared about being damaged forever from these pills.Is it possible? or the severe symptoms i have are from fast tappering? It makes me think I will go crazy and never feel or be the same as before.Thank you

• Moderator Emeritus

19 minutes ago, Kronos18 said:

.I am scared about being damaged forever from these pills.

The damage is not permanent.  The brain has remarkable capabilities to heal itself (neuroplasticicity).

Your taper was very fast and the symptoms you described earlier in your Introduction topic are typical withdrawal symptoms.  By the way, it is better to post questions in your main Introduction topic.

Here is some information to help you understand withdrawal and how the brain heals itself:

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the time we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Magnesium and omegas were suggested in a post in your main topic, as well as non-drug coping skills.  These can help you deal with withdrawal.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

If you don’t mind, why are some people on antidepressants for short time use for example 5-6 months and have withdrawal symptoms for years?

Can negative thinking from withdrawal can have a bad effect on it?For example if I think about some symptoms that will make them last longer?

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's some additional information which might help you to understand what is happening:

Recovery isn't linear it happens in a Windows and Waves Pattern

Withdrawal Normal Description

When we take a psychiatric drug, we are adding chemical/s to the brain.  The brain then has to change to adapt to getting the chemical/s.  It might have to change something to do with A and then once that change has been made it affects B so another change has to be made and so on down the line.  It is a chain reaction, a domino effect.

The same thing happens when we take the drug away.  That's why it's possible to experience such a vast array of withdrawal symptoms, and they can change, and be of different intensity.

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

These explain it really well:

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

On 8/31/2011 at 5:28 AM, Rhiannon said:

When we stop taking the drug, we have a brain that has designed itself so that it works in the presence of the drug; now it can't work properly without the drug because it's designed itself so that the drug is part of its chemistry and structure. It's like a plant that has grown on a trellis; you can't just yank out the trellis and expect the plant to be okay. When the drug is removed, the remodeling process has to take place in reverse. SO--it's not a matter of just getting the drug out of your system and moving on. If it were that simple, none of us would be here. It's a matter of, as I describe it, having to grow a new brain. I believe this growing-a-new-brain happens throughout the taper process if the taper is slow enough. (If it's too fast, then there's not a lot of time for actually rebalancing things, and basically the brain is just pedaling fast trying to keep us alive.) It also continues to happen, probably for longer than the symptoms actually last, throughout the time of recovery after we are completely off the drug, which is why recovery takes so long.

AND

On 12/4/2015 at 2:41 AM, apace41 said:

Basically- you have a building where the MAJOR steel structures are trying to be rebuilt at different times - ALL while people are coming and going in the building and attempting to work.

It would be like if the World Trade Center Towers hadn't completely fallen - but had crumbled inside in different places.. Imagine if you were trying to rebuild the tower - WHILE people were coming and going and trying to work in the building!  You'd have to set up a temporary elevator - but when you needed to fix part of that area, you'd have to tear down that elevator and set up a temporary elevator somewhere else. And so on. You'd have to build, work around, then tear down, then build again, then work around, then build... ALL while people are coming and going, ALL while the furniture is being replaced, ALL while the walls are getting repainted... ALL while life is going on INSIDE the building. No doubt it would be chaotic. That is EXACTLY what is happening with windows and waves.  The windows are where the body has "got it right" for a day or so - but then the building shifts and the brain works on something else - and it's chaos again while another temporary pathway is set up to reroute function until repairs are made.  

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Kronos18 said:

If you don’t mind, why are some people on antidepressants for short time use for example 5-6 months and have withdrawal symptoms for years?

We don't know the answer.  Everyone is different.  The drugs change the architecture of the brain, and how quickly the brain recovers is impossible to predict from person to person.  

29 minutes ago, Kronos18 said:

Can negative thinking from withdrawal can have a bad effect on it?For example if I think about some symptoms that will make them last longer?

Negative thinking puts additional stress on the brain.  That's why it's best to go ahead and assume it's going to work out.  This isn't merely pollyanna thinking---positive thinking (which I know is difficult many times) does help you recover.  In my personal experience, I had been a card-carrying negative thinker before I was on drugs and while I was on my full doses of drugs.  But when I started tapering, I found that negative thinking became intolerable.  It made me feel terrible.  So that was a silver lining to the dark cloud of withdrawal-- it sure enough cured me of my negative thinking.  On some of those long insomnia nights, I think to myself, "What are some good things in my life?"  It can be something as small as, "I managed to get to the skin doctor and got that done with" or "tomorrow is bacon" or "my three dogs are in the bed with me and doing well."  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thank you very much for responding.But is it true that damage made on people under 25-undeveloped brain is healing faster?

• Moderator Emeritus
On 2/23/2019 at 5:31 AM, Kronos18 said:

What do you think about a 21 years male who took Lexapro for 2 months? I read that young people tend to heal faster and are more robust to the changes of the body.It was 10mg for 6 weeks and 5mg for 2 weeks.How long this thing is going to take?I’m currently in my 27th day off it and still feeling the withdrawals, some days are better than others

2 minutes ago, Kronos18 said:

But is it true that damage made on people under 25-undeveloped brain is healing faster?

You are asking questions which have no answer.  This will only frustrate you and make you more stressed.  It's important to learn acceptance of the situation you are currently in.  I know that sounds hard, but it does help.  There are some things in life that we cannot change and we have to have a mind change/shift.  As Gridley said, focusing on the positive things, instead of the negative things.  Acceptance

Alto is this site's founder and she previously responded with this:

On 2/23/2019 at 6:08 AM, Altostrata said:

Nobody knows, Kronos.

I think what you want to know is when you'll be through all of this. All we can predict for you is that recovery will be very gradual, slow, and frustrating.

Hello.As you know, i’m currently withdrawing from Lexaprop after 2 months of use, fast tappering, after 5 weeks of withdrawal,I started tot have some good windows where I feel more like myself.Bad days are still here, but shorter in waves, somes are severe somes are milder, derealization is still here, vertigo, ballance problems, fatigue.Also started having some good days with less anxiety but it is still here.Hope it gets better soon, I know i’m experiencing all of the severe symptoms because of my fast tappering but i’m resisting here, i know it will get better.Hope it gets better for all of us, I am only 21 years old

Good luck. 

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Thank you very much.It will take a while, but i’m sure that my body will sort it out in the end.

Yes it will and i hope it happens fast for you.

Leo

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

I’m hoping for fast healing too.But unfortunately no one can predict it, it will be a couple of months of rollercoaster but it will be well in the end.Hope all of us get better soon.

Adrian

Im from Newcastle i see your in London. 

Its amazing how much damage these drugs can do to your life. 

Escitalopram is an awful awful drug.

Yes, that is absolutely right.I don’t wantvto spend my life on these kind of drugs, but right now my only priority is to recover from this withdrawal

Is it normal for the withdrawal symptoms to get more severe while exercising?(diziness, vertigo, weakness)

• Moderator Emeritus

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kronos, 

Yes, it’s very normal for symptoms to get worse when exercising too strenuously as it ramps up our central nervous systems. It’s best to do gentle exercises such as walking or stretching. A few people have found strenuous exercise has helped them, but the majority find that it makes their symptoms much worse. 

Take care💚

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

Is it normal to still have physical symptoms after 5 weeks? (Vertigo, diziness, extreme fatigue)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kronos,

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling so badly after the fast taper from Lexapro. I’m currently tapering from Escitalopram and it can be uncomfortable even when doing the slow tapering recommend here, never mind when folks follow the more typical guidelines suggested by doctors.

The symptoms you’ve experienced are indeed common and unfortunately they may continue for some time. There are still a lot of unknowns in regards to these drugs, but based on the experiences of members here, we know that recovery is often slow, gradual and frustrating.

Although this may seem like a very pessimistic view on recovery from SSRI’s, it can be helpful to manage expectations and by knowing what to expect, we can often make subtle (but significant) changes to our lifestyles to help us cope with withdrawal. Most people will also experience ‘windows’ during their recovery, where their symptoms will temporarily vanish or significantly reduce in intensity. Although temporary, windows often fill us with hope and allow us to believe that our bodies are healing. 

If you haven’t already, please read through the resources below, which discuss the windows and waves of recovery, as well as the normal prognosis for those suffering from with withdrawal syndrome. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/?tab=comments#comment-183

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/17909-are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take/

Although we have the ability to heal from withdrawal syndrome, the symptoms can be debilitating. This is why it’s helpful for us to develop coping strategies, to get through the difficult times and reduce the overall level of suffering involved. Given the nature of this site and our experience, we recommend members use non-drug coping techniques, such as breathing exercises, mindfulness, CBT etc. 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

Ultimately, being patient, optimistic and accepting will best serve you when it comes to withdrawal syndrome. Those members who are able to focus on the long term pattern of healing and find a way through the short term discomfort, will tend to have an easier time overall ( by not adding further stress in the form of worrying and resisting). Although this process is incredibly difficult, it’s not uncommon for individuals who get through this, to find a new and more satisfying life perspective. 

Please try your best to remain hopeful :). I have had some tough days during my slow taper and it has always surprised me how things can change! I’m sure they will for you too! 

Edited by eymen23

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.