Healedfromabove1: the "wall" phase after successfully tapering off Lexapro

Healedfromabove1

• Moderator Emeritus
33 minutes ago, Healedfromabove1 said:

I’m still getting bubbles

You could try a different syringe.  Maybe there is an issue with the one you are using.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Healedfromabove1

• ChessieCat

• Altostrata

• bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m figuring it out I’ve tried other syringes but I make it work. Thanks. So I’ve been obsessing over how many days it would be that I would suffer from PAWS and it’s been 35 days since the drop to 3.5, so I have 175 days left until I’m in the clear from what I’ve been reading. It says the snowball effect can happen 3-6 months after a drop, or is it after a complete cold turkey? Because honestly I’m already suffering now and have been living in constant fear of this everyday... as you can see I’ve gottej obsessive and put 210 days (7months) and how long it’s been since the drop to 3.5, and that leaves 175 days until I’d be in the clear if no snowball effects happen. It could possibly be a even after the 7 month mark, and honestly I need some damn positivity because everytime I go on here I end up seeing something that makes me have more anxiety and my symptoms worse!

Klonopin starting December, 2017 -  5mg - took it for 3 maybe 4 months. 

Lexapro - 10mg starting November 2017, then perscribed 20mg two months later, am still on lexapro presently.

I cold turkeyed off of Klonopin and had horrific withdrawal, every symptom other than being hospitalized.

I cold turkeyed off of Lexapro for 5 days, reinstated back to 20 mg for 3 months before looking into tapering. (unsure how long it may have been more)

I have dropped from 20 to 3.5mg in 9.5 months. 

I just reinstated from 3.5 to 3.75mg and have been on it for 4 days.

I have taken multi vitamins, niacin, ginko baloba, amino acids, and protein drinks supplements.

I have smoked weed for 6 months, just stopped for good three weeks ago.

I have drank on the weekends in excess for many months in the past.

10:20 - woke up 

11:00 - workout until 12:00 (abs, fairly intense)

12-1:30 - trained a client, hard to keep a conversation, depersonalization 

1:30-2:00- felt great and accomplished

2:-3:00 - bad vertigo, got chic fil a sandwich (fried, fries, and a diet lemonade) 

3:00-4:30 brain fog, pain and tingling in hands blurry vision here and there

4:45-5:00 - happy 

5:00- pain in hands, blurry vision here and there 

-6:00

7 - brain fog, blurry vision in spurts. 

8:30- brain fog, blurry vision

11:30 took lexapro

Edited by ChessieCat
resized font

Lexapro - 10mg starting November 2017, then perscribed 20mg two months later, am still on lexapro presently.

I cold turkeyed off of Klonopin and had horrific withdrawal, every symptom other than being hospitalized.

I cold turkeyed off of Lexapro for 5 days, reinstated back to 20 mg for 3 months before looking into tapering. (unsure how long it may have been more)

I have dropped from 20 to 3.5mg in 9.5 months. 

I just reinstated from 3.5 to 3.75mg and have been on it for 4 days.

I have taken multi vitamins, niacin, ginko baloba, amino acids, and protein drinks supplements.

I have smoked weed for 6 months, just stopped for good three weeks ago.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi HFA,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve struggled with your most recent drop from 4mg to 3.5mg.  I’m tapering from the generic version of Lexapro and I definitely feel the drops, even within the 10% guidelines recommended here. 

I see you have also tapered somewhat quickly from 20mg. Yes, it was certainly quicker than we would recommend, but equally, you did it much slower than most doctors would suggest, so it’s not all bad news here! 

I can understand why you’re getting a little obsessed, but withdrawal is far too individualised a process to assign any arbitrary figures, like 210 days. Personally, I feel a cut within 36 hours and symptoms peak at about ten days. Even if you were to have a delayed reaction to your previous drops, things should level out a lot quicker than with a typical fast taper or cold turkey. 

When it comes to withdrawal, many of us here find it best to deal with things day by day, moment by moment. None of us truly know if we’re about to enter a big crash or a blissful window, we have to listen to our bodies and gently improvise along the way. 

I said this to my Dad last week and he liked the point. I feel it’s relevant here, so I’ll repeat it. “If I’m going to find myself in a huge wave tomorrow and end up suffering, why worry about it today and suffer now too?’. When we accept the challenge of the journey we’re on and open ourselves up to the inevitable bumps along the way, things often become easier and we find some sense peace in the struggle, in the peaks and troughs. 

Do you use any non-drug coping techniques? You may find them really helpful for the current worries you have. 

In regards to the bubbles in the syringes, the fact you are conscious of it is probably taking care of the issue well enough. It’s impossible to take a perfect dose. Even pharmacy grade tablets will have minor variations from dose to dose. If you are consistent with your technique and the syringes you use, it will likely play a negligible role in how youre feeling. I can relate, when I’m in a wave I get paranoid about my weighing scales being broken or not being accurate enough. When we’re suffering, our mind tries desperately to find the cause, so it can find an escape route. Often this works against us in withdrawal. It’s best to be hopeful, optimistic and hold the faith. Everything tends to work itself out in the end. 

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I can only provide information and make suggestions.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Healed, I see you've posted this in the Events, Actions forum:

I am sorry to hear you've had to halt your taper. However, it's not unusual for people to take a vacation from tapering for months or years and then resume -- they find it goes better after the nervous system has had more time to accommodate.

There's no rule that says once you start tapering, you must go directly to zero. If you find you need to stay on a minimal dose, that's okay, too. Listen to your body and nervous system for guidance.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Healed from above1,

12 hours ago, Healedfromabove1 said:

MFG AMNEAL vs. MFG CAMBER(mod note: title added after merged to topic)

Hi everyone. I just recently got another bottle of lexapro liquid, as I have been for a while now. I’m currently at 3.75, but want to ask if this I s common or something to be concerned about...

my medicine tastes completely different. Could it just be because of the different brand? Will this be okay? Any insight is super appreciated, love you guys!

I found your stand alone post in tapering and merged your question to pre-exiting topic  "Change in drug manufacturer or generic substituted to brand name drug".  And then quoted it again right here, as you have not updated for awhile.  Still holding? and how are you doing overall since last posted?

I'm just looking at your signature, and would you go to Account Settings/signature edit update

Then just add some dates, and then edit as you see fit.  Hit the Save button when you are done.

Date? I cold turkeyed off of Klonopin and had horrific withdrawal, every symptom other than being hospitalized.

Date? I cold turkeyed off of Lexapro for 5 days, reinstated back to 20 mg for 3 months before looking into tapering. (unsure how long it may have been more)

Dates? I have dropped from 20 to 3.5mg in 9.5 months. 

Date I just reinstated from 3.5 to 3.75mg and have been on it for 4 days.

Dates I have smoked weed for 6 months, just stopped for good three weeks ago.

I went ahead and copied your signature over here, and used this color to show where it's a bit confusing as to the dates or when?

More on how we like to see a signature here:  Please put your withdrawal history in your signature  to help the moderators out.  And a sample:

Example:

2001–2002 paroxetine 
2003  citalopram 
2004  paroxetine
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to 2016 Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg

Okay.  Welcome back.

Good to update us here, on your introduction page too, from time to time.  We like to know how you are faring/doing?  And do ask any questions around your taper right here as well.  Thank you.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
bolded where confusing in current signature

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing