Sign in to follow this  
Ryder

Using therapy / psychologists

Ryder

Do people here use therapy or counselling as a way to talk through stuff and coping ?

Only asking as i have been through a raft of therapists myself. Many of them want me to go and do things that I end up either not completing, or find my self sufficiently over-exhausted.  When I report back in it is like they won't provide further support, its not as if I am looking for them to complete my task for me. I understand that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink, so you must do much of the work yourself.

But After a few attempts with finding a decent psychologist/therapist it is like they look at you with the attitude, so are you going to do anything or are you just going to be one of those people who does nothing. I feel that people give up on you easily especially when you are isoloted from family and friends, unable to talk to your issues to family or friends and should at the very minimum be in contact with a health professional to let them know whats going on.

In my own case, i was suppose to complete a course over the summer. I wake up at 7am (not well rested) leave for a 9-4 course Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and just feel completely alone and exhausted during and after class. When I report this back in, i get the being lazy look and attitude and im looking to the heavens for a bit of middle ground to ease me back into life which i have been cut off from for so long to adjust.

Ryder.

ChessieCat

What is it that you want to get from a therapist / psychologist / counselor?

Ryder

Sometimes you have junk on your mind and just feel you need to get thoughts and feelings off your chest. That's really what i go in to discuss Chessie.

I know Women are really good at this stuff but defo not a mans area.