Sunny33160: Lexapro no good experience

Sunny33160

Hi manymoretodays!!

I tapered sinemet it was 3 times daily so cut those in half, then twice for a day then 1 then '0'. The idea was to skip one day, but  I noticed  that she was shaking when she took that pill.

I live with my mom, and I know every single move and face she made...  , she slept all day yesterday, she woke up, ate and drink water and go to the bathroom and back to bed.

Today she woke up with better face and a little confusion.... maybe tonight a little walk around living room

As you said patience, I dress up with patience and faith every day.

I will keep posting

Thank you so much!!

1997– April 2017 Diazepam 10, increase to 20 occasionally ( What I know) 

May 2017 Diazepam 10 start tapering to 1 mg November (probably to fast but with windows)
Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg  
March 2018  Start tapering again 2 mg to 0.75 holding for 2 or 2 1/2 month ( impressive improvement)  
Dec 2018 Travel and need to increase to 2 mg(I think because she drank couple beers)
2019 March 23 Increase Diazepam  to 4 mg ( assuming tolerance)

2019 April Diazepam 2 mg morning, 2 mg afternoon. (Working)

2019 April Sinemet 25/100 3 times a day, July 9 twice a day, July 15  Once a day, Aug 1 done

2019 June 25 Lexapro 10 morning, July 09 Lexapro  20 (10 morning 10 night),    July 21 Lexapro 10(morning),  July 31 7.5 Lexapro. Aug 7. Lexapro 5.  Aug 16 Lexapro 2.5. (No more cuts)

2019,July 24 Diazepam 5mg, August 12. 4.5 Diazepam (afternoon moving to the night currently 3pm)

Good mroning

This is my mom log for yesterday, last week she had  the same symptom. Now I am scary because the blood pressure she never had that issue. 

6        a.m. Woke with little confusion
7        a.m. Took 7.5 mg Lexapro

8        am dizziness 
8:30  a.m. Ate breakfast

9:00  am  Low blood pressure (new thing) 91/55
9:10:00 a.m. Ate breakfast

10:00     am Blood pressure 96/58
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch

3:00 p Diazepam 5.00 mg
4 p.m. Feel a bit better
6 p.m. Ate dinner

May 2017 Diazepam 10 start tapering to 1 mg November (probably to fast but with windows)
Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg  
March 2018  Start tapering again 2 mg to 0.75 holding for 2 or 2 1/2 month ( impressive improvement)  
Dec 2018 Travel and need to increase to 2 mg(I think because she drank couple beers)

2019 April Sinemet 25/100 3 times a day, July 9 twice a day, July 15  Once a day, Aug 1 done

2019 June 25 Lexapro 10 morning, July 09 Lexapro  20 (10 morning 10 night),    July 21 Lexapro 10(morning),  July 31 7.5 Lexapro. Aug 7. Lexapro 5.  Aug 16 Lexapro 2.5. (No more cuts)

2019,July 24 Diazepam 5mg, August 12. 4.5 Diazepam (afternoon moving to the night currently 3pm)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunny 33160,

Forgive the long delay.  I'd been traveling and reuning with family.  Then add in lost or stolen android/cell phone device and well........it's Sunday!  And yay for that!

So okay, good to know on the Sinemet.  When did you cut that drug out completely?  You could go to Account Settings and then to signature, to add in that information, right next to where you have the Sinemet, and also update the Lexapro there too.  Just make sure you show the date of changes and the dose(s).  Thank you.

I'm interested in where you are, with the Lexapro now.  As well as what you might be seeing, as far as other improvements too, as to your Mom and her daytimes, as well as night times(sleep especially).  So would love to see some more notes, as you have been doing.  Is she eating okay and having more times where she is back a bit?  Oh, I hope so Sunny.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:24 AM, Sunny33160 said:

As you said patience, I dress up with patience and faith every day.

Love this ^  !!!!!  Beautiful!

Has the shaking improved?

There certainly can be changes in blood pressure, related to these drugs and WD(withdrawal).  And I don't have the expertise to comment at all on the Sinemet changes, as that is one that is not at all familiar to me.  That interaction, however, with Lexapro......was not so good.   We are more focused on the antidepressants, and expanded a bit, to include some of the others, benzo's, as well as other psychotropics here.

You might consider some input from a general doctor, as far as the cardiac concerns go, now.  Cardiac concerns being things like the edema and blood pressure.  And I know, that you have expressed the wish to not get her going on other drugs/medications, if possible, in this regard.  So.......just do your best to share, what you learning now  and then hopefully, possibly.......you might find some medical support too, that is helpful in your Mom's healing and recovery.

Of note, we often see autonomic nervous system dis- regulation during WD.  And some of that could very well be related to her cardiac symptoms now.  I'll include a link with a bit more on this for you:

dysautonomia(autonomic dysregulation)- POTS, syncope, etc.

Okay, all for now.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
added link

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi manymoretodays,

Yes, the AD and WD bring so many reaction that sometimes we do not know what to do. We drop the Sinemet almost on the beginning of this process maybe few days after I cut the Lexapro night pill.

I have to update the signature, I reduced the Lexapro from 7.5 to 5 mg (foot  and ankle swelling gone.)  for 9 days. Last  Sunday I reduced to 2.5 mg since that the blood pressure improve (she just called and she is 115/68) we try to keep a log for this, and she pretty stable but the anxiety still around and I have noticed like everybody else is more anxiety  in the mornings. There is less confusion and no hallucinations for now. We cut Sunday the pill.... amazing on Monday she was brand new mom :) ..... then yesterday as I said anxiety and little confusion specially when she wakes up.

I will update my signature shortly, I have my notes at home.

Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg  

Hello Here is my Mom update from yesterday..... this is a pattern now.... 

6:00   a.m. Woke with little confusion and anxiety
7:00   a.m. Took 2.5 mg Lexapro

8:00   am dizziness 
8:30   am Blood pressure 119/59
9::00 a.m. Ate breakfast
     ….  Anxiety then she slept (almost 2 hours)

11:35 a.m. Got a headache, less anxiety
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
      less anxiety

3:00   pm Diazepam 4.00 mg 
4:00   p.m. Feel a bit better No Anxiety
6:00  p.m. Ate dinner

7:00   pm Watching TV no anxiety

Sleep time around 9:00 pm She is sleeping but she has nightmares and vivid dreams.

Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sunny33160,

And phew, that looks good above, and sounds good too.  That your Mom has settled into a bit of a pattern.

Have you and she, decided to hold now, with the 2.5 mg dose?  I'm just referring to your signature note in parenthesis.  At this point, since the Lexapro was started on June 25th, she's been on it for 2 months, and her body is now probably dependent to some degree on it.  We may want to slow down the taper, if she'd like to taper further. 

Considering the benzo WD, as you had tapered that prior to arrival and now the Lexapro faster taper.........I don't have any objection to her HOLDING for a bit.

And you've done well and gotten the benzo dose spaced away from the Lexapro.
You can find more discussion around the hallucinations, nightmares, and vivid dreams here:    Nightmare/dream while awake? Sleep paralysis, hypnogogic hallucinations, etc.

More on the sleep cycle:  What is the sleep cycle?

And then: *** Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia  (< is a long topic, start at page one though, and you should be able to find a lot of tips, etc. that may help restore her sleep slowly to normal)

And has she improved enough to post here on her own, at all?  I'm wondering too, if she might have a language barrier too.  And very much want to know if she is more back to herself, overall.  Tremors and hallucinations decreasing or not existent anymore would be so nice.

Thank you Sunny33160, for keeping us updated on your Mom's behalf. 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
took out one of the nbsp; thingies from link

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi mmt

Well she was saying that she would like to try the lexapro 2.5 every other day since we can cut more that pill....  even she

53 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

And phew, that looks good above, and sounds good too

The only I have noticed that every time she reduced she got better some how...the tremors and hallucinations are decreasing 

I'll keeping writing her log and share it here.

Thanks!!

Note: Jab, my mom does not speak and write in English, so I do it for her. 😍

Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg  

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't think it's a good idea to go with the every other day thing at all.  A bit more of that here in this topic:  Why taper by 10% of my dosage  right there, in the first post, in red.  We don't recommend alternating dosages either.  That could potentially, throw off any WD stability now gained(simple explanation B)) . 

If your/her aim is to get off of the Lexapro more quickly, and given the shorter time that she has been on it, 2 months versus say the many years, alot of us have had.  My guess is, you might be able to get away with a more rapid taper than the usual 10% harm reduction method.  This would involve careful monitoring(notes) and observations.  I'll include the other link that's back on page one for you too:  Tips for tapering off Lexapro(escitalopram)  Take a look through that again, and then you guys could make a decision on how you want to do it going forward......i.e. you could make your own liquid, get a pharmacy liquid, or weigh the tablet and then do reductions that way.  I think, if I were you, I would go with making your own liquid.  Just because of the ease of it all.

More links and information on making your own liquid:

How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

Using an oral syringe and other tapering techniques

And on doing it by weight:

Using a digital scale to measure doses

Many members use a fairly inexpensive Gemini 20 scale, which can be gotten from Amazon, fairly quickly.

So, look everything over, and then do not hesitate to ask, right here on your Mom's introduction page, if you have more questions that you might want help with.

Okie doke.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Hi mmt,

I will check the links, and we definitely we wont  go with "every other day' .  I always keep in mind the time she is taking the pill and I don't want her brain used to this pill. Therefore, we were looking for the smart way to go ...maybe wit a little of suffering that we cannot avoid ...that try to survive with all the symptom.

Thank you so much!

Dec 2017  Diazepam  2mg