Denas1969: Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft ... oh my

Denas1969

I was fooled.  Yes I had a good week and a few days but boy am I back in the thick of it.  Pain throughout my body.  Major depressive episodes.  Constipation and aggression. Sleeping troubles. SI. Hopelessness.  Desperation to feel better.  Shivers and shakes and vibrations in my trunk area. Weird.  Went to the hospital Monday night. Almost got a 302 placed on me but new dr in er sent me home. All bloodwork and ct scan of head came back good. Holding on for dear life until this passes.  I am only 3 months out from taking zoloft which made me worse.  Am not looking forward to another 1, 2 .... 3 or more years of this mess.  Nobody around me understands and says the drugs are out of my system and i get so frustrated trying to explain this to them. My dr wants me back on meds.  Part of me wants to try and the other part of me is terrified of it.  Ughhhhh.  

Lexapro 5mg titrated to 10mg 2016

CT Lexapro October 2018

No symptoms of WD / used cannibis daily

April 2019 Lexapro 5mg 3 days mild serotonin syndrome was told I had the flu and to stop lexapro and restart 2.5 when "flu" got better. Took 3 weeks!

May 2019 took 2.5mg Lexapro and woke up 2 hrs later in akathesia terror restless body paranoia manic horrible suicidal. Hospitalized on a 302. Given 10mg celexa and did okay until day 5 akathesia returned.  Ended up in ER dx drug withdrawal given 1mg ativan and released.  

June 2019 Mirtazipine 7.5 one dose 

June 2019 Pristiq 1 dose landed me in er and i was 302 inpatient put on lithium 150 2x daily and zyprexa 2.5 plus klonipin which refused to take.

July 2019 Hospitalized 302 given zoloft 25mg 3 days 50mg for 4 weeks. And ativan .5 only 1x at night took sporatically horrid side effects and akathesia... Fast taper down to 25 for one week 12.5 for one week then stopped.  

November 11 started 2.5 olanz and 5mg prozac. Took 2.5 for 5 days then reduced to 1.25 for about 2 months. February went down to .66 for two weeks and felt ok then down to .33 for a few weeks and anxiety got really bad so went back to .66 and been there since. Still at 5mg prozac

I am having such a hard time I cannot believe this is happening to me.  Pressure un my head and bridge of my nose. Sooo cold especially my legs but still sweating.  Black rimgs under my eyes. I know I should try to be more positive but I feel like I will never get better.  Every thought of every minute has to do with how I feel horrible. Knowing nothing and noone can help me is so painful to bare.  Will I ever feel ok again?  Will life be worth living someday again?  So scared and so uncomfortable. 

CT Lexapro October 2018

April 2019 Lexapro 5mg 3 days mild serotonin syndrome was told I had the flu and to stop lexapro and restart 2.5 when "flu" got better. Took 3 weeks!

May 2019 took 2.5mg Lexapro and woke up 2 hrs later in akathesia terror restless body paranoia manic horrible suicidal. Hospitalized on a 302. Given 10mg celexa and did okay until day 5 akathesia returned.  Ended up in ER dx drug withdrawal given 1mg ativan and released.  

June 2019 Pristiq 1 dose landed me in er and i was 302 inpatient put on lithium 150 2x daily and zyprexa 2.5 plus klonipin which refused to take.

July 2019 Hospitalized 302 given zoloft 25mg 3 days 50mg for 4 weeks. And ativan .5 only 1x at night took sporatically horrid side effects and akathesia... Fast taper down to 25 for one week 12.5 for one week then stopped.  

November 11 started 2.5 olanz and 5mg prozac. Took 2.5 for 5 days then reduced to 1.25 for about 2 months. February went down to .66 for two weeks and felt ok then down to .33 for a few weeks and anxiety got really bad so went back to .66 and been there since. Still at 5mg prozac

It WILL get better.

But it WILL be unbearable for a long while first.

It WILL take every bit of resolve you have. 

But in the end it WILL be better.

And you will be so glad you fought your way through!

Keep on keeping on. 

One day at a time.

As they say here: each day is another day of healing.

And to this I would add, each day you are closer to a new and better life!

This is the best of my recollection.

20 mg Prozac 3-4 days per week from 1994 until May 2018.

Beginning May 15 I began to drop doses. 

I dropped 1 dose per week for the next 4 weeks.

It was not systematic at all. I don't have which days I took what.

so the week of May 13 I took 4 doses, which was pretty normal for me.

Then the week of May 20 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The week of May 27 I took 3 doses 20 mg.

The 1st week in June l took 2 doses 20 mg.

The week of June 10, 2018 was my last dose 20 mg.

I had been on Prozac only for over 20 years.  No other medications.

I had no choice but to go inpatient for a week and of course while their I explained my history and the dr was in agreement that I was in withdrawal so we decided to go with 5mg prozac and 1.25 zyprexa.  4 days in and already feel so much better.  I will stay on this dose to stabilize and reorganize my life then will be back for guidance to very slowly wean off the zyprexa first since I was really unhappy about that one but.i was skin and bones and need some weight gain before i taper off that. My prozac is a liquid and I will keep it that way so it will make it easier to do a proper taper when the time is right.  Best decision for me at this time.  I am stopping all supplements except for vitamin c and a good powdered hydrator with a lot of good minerals, potasium, magnesium, maganese and others in it as I know prozac depletes a lot of these things.  I will make damn sure I get off these right this time ...I sure learned my lesson!!!!  

CT Lexapro October 2018

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Denas1969 said:

I had no choice but to go inpatient for a week and of course while their I explained my history and the dr was in agreement that I was in withdrawal so we decided to go with 5mg prozac and 1.25 zyprexa.  4 days in and already feel so much better.  I will stay on this dose to stabilize and reorganize my life then will be back for guidance to very slowly wean off the zyprexa first since I was really unhappy about that one but.i was skin and bones and need some weight gain before i taper off that. My prozac is a liquid and I will keep it that way so it will make it easier to do a proper taper when the time is right.  Best decision for me at this time.  I am stopping all supplements except for vitamin c and a good powdered hydrator with a lot of good minerals, potasium, magnesium, maganese and others in it as I know prozac depletes a lot of these things.  I will make damn sure I get off these right this time ...I sure learned my lesson!!!!  

Well, that's unusual -- the doctor agreed you were in withdrawal. Please update your signature.

Good to hear the Prozac seems to agree with you, as you had bad reactions to the other SSRIs. Please watch out for signs of activation from the Prozac -- nervousness, anxiety, sleeplessness, akathisia, etc. If you get these, you may wish to reduce the dosage from 5mg. Please let us know how you're doing.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:52 PM, Denas1969 said:

Had appt with endocrinologist today and apparently the left side of my thyroid is swollen he says. Ordered a lot of blood work which I cant have done until November 11.  I also have to go for an ultrasound. 

What happened with this examination? Was your thyroid okay?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I will update later this evening, thank you. I still have to have a thyroid ultrasound since dr felt left side of thyroid was swollen.  I also have to have more blood work done to check for antibodies and having cortisol levels checked in the am.  I will post updates as they come.  

CT Lexapro October 2018

How do I update my signature?? Please and thank you. 

CT Lexapro October 2018

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Denas1969 said:

My sleep got better when i started 5mg prozac and 2.5 olanzapine but now I am down to .66 olanzapine and have good nights and bad ones.  Good mornings and bad ones.  Its like a rollercoaster.  It is so strange to feel stable sometimes and like I am losing it other times.  Ugh!  I just hope I can get off the olanzapine and stabalize on the prozac at a low dose.  And sleeeeeep!  

I can relate. It's like riding a really bad rickety old roller coaster.  The up and down in itself is very stressful to deal with. 

Current Dose

0.5mcg Clonidine and 1.25 Diazepam PRN for treatment of iatrogenic hypertension. 

2010 .Prescribed Pristiq 100 mg in July by GP

2010 .Reduced to 50mg by splitting and weighing. Held at 50mg

2014. Reduced from 50-35 .Held at 35mg. 

2017. Taper from 35mg commenced using compounded Desvenlafaxine

2018. 23/06 13.5mg. 21/07  12.5mg. 25/08 11.5mg. 09/2018 10mg. 14/11 11mg (updose) 21/11 -12mg (updose)

2019. Still holding at 12mg and stuck. 

2020. January 2019 Prozac Bridge-- Prozac 2.5 to 10mg and

Pristiq 23rd Jan 6mg/ 27th Jan 5mg/ 28th Jan 3mg/ 30 Jan 0

Prozac 6th Feb 9.5mg. Vitamin D3 5000iu with K2

Magnesium Glycinate with Glycine and Passionflower  600mg 

Just wanted to post an update ... For the last three months I have held steady with 5mg of prozac but started weaning olanzapine as soon as I got home from the hospital. Went to 1.25mg for 4 weeks. Then .66 for 4 weeks. I have been on .33 for about three weeks now and doing okay. I will stay on this dose for another week or two and then go to .15 then see where I stand.  I have been doing so much better and starting to really feel like myself.  My dr keeps trying to increase the prozac but no. I won't. But I will stay on it for a while longer after I am done the olanzapine taper.  The only cut that caused some symptoms was .66 to .33 but I feel like I have stablized again so I will hold here and keep going.  I am not sure how to update my signature to show this ...if you can please let me know.  Thank u. 

CT Lexapro October 2018

• 1 month later...

So, I am down to .66 olanzapine and still holding @ 5 mg prozac. I am definitely doing better. It has taken me 3 months to get down to .66 and my sleep is good.  My appetite is good. My anxiety is fair I mean with the coronavirus I have been a bit more on edge but dealing okay. I feel like after 4 weeks @ .66 I am ready for the next step down. What should that be?  And is or will the 5mg of prozac helping mitigate any depression while going off the olanzapine?  My thoughts have been better and more clear lately. Not As foggy as I was on 1.25 olanzapine. I plan on staying on the prozac at 5 mg for at least 3 months before thinking About tapering that. Hoping for a good plan. Thanks for any input and help.  

CT Lexapro October 2018

Hey @Denas1969 are you almost symptom free? When did your constipation resolve? That’s awesome to hear! 

Example:

2018 - Started Effexor 37.5 in Janurary of 2018
2019 January, 2nd  - Cold Turkeyed from Effexor for 3 days. Reinstated on the third day, then stabilized(It took 3 months to stabilize)

2019 June - I switched from Effexor instant release to Extended Release 37.5 for better tapering. I tapered to 50% in 4 weeks before reinstating my dosage back to 37.5(due to withdrawls). I waited 2 months to stabilize but never did at 37.5

2019 September - continued to taper in to 25% on extended release

2019 October - continued to taper to half of the beads(18.75mg)... WIthdrawls were so bad I tried switching back to the instant release at the same dosage(18.75mg)

2019 November 28th - Discontinued effexor at 18.75 without anymore tapering.

2020 January - Just can't sleep, have constipation, low libido and still lack of full emotion

Just wanted to post an update ... For the last three months I have held steady with 5mg of prozac but started weaning olanzapine as soon as I got home from the hospital. Went to 1.25mg for 4 weeks. Then .66 for 4 weeks. I have been on .33 for about three weeks now and doing okay. I will stay on this dose for another week or two and then go to .15 then see where I stand.

Posted 1 hour ago

So, I am down to .66 olanzapine and still holding @ 5 mg prozac. I am definitely doing better. It has taken me 3 months to get down to .66 and my sleep is good.  My appetite is good. My anxiety is fair I mean with the coronavirus I have been a bit more on edge but dealing okay. I feel like after 4 weeks @ .66 I am ready for the next step down. What should that be? 

So you were on .33 olanz from mid Jan to 2/7?   When did you go back up to .66?  And why?

Perhaps you could update your signature line, it only goes to July of 2019, with the exact dosages of which med and when.  Just posting "4 weeks of this"  will be too hard for the mods to have to keep checking back through your thread to get a correct timeline and they might miss things like that.

Go to "account setting" and on the left of the page you will see "signature" next to a picture of a pencil, click on that and it will take you to your signature.

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

The constipation has been better for the past month.  I did have to go back up to .66 from .33 because my anxiety and thoughts got out of hand again.  How do I update my signature please?

CT Lexapro October 2018

8 minutes ago, Colonial said:

Go to "account setting" and on the left of the page you will see "signature" next to a picture of a pencil, click on that and it will take you to your signature.

You said you had no choice, did you mean literally, or you just felt like you had to?

On 11/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, Altostrata said:
On 11/16/2019 at 11:56 PM, Denas1969 said:

I had no choice but to go inpatient for a week and of course while their I explained my history and the dr was in agreement that I was in withdrawal so we decided to go with 5mg prozac and 1.25 zyprexa

Because if the doctor "admits" it's withdrawal, than its not a mental health issue per se.  Did He agree to it being WD before or after you were "forced" to go?

Starting ds 2 (12.5 CR'S) = 25 MG PAXIL CR 1/21/15: 1 Pill + 10mg liquid (2 weeks) 2/4: 1 Pill + 9mg Lq (3 weeks) 2/25: 1 Pill + 8 mg lq (1 week) 3/4: 1 Pill + 6 mg lq (2 weeks) 3/18/15 1 Pill + 4 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/1/15 1 Pill + 3 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/14/15 1 Pill + 2 mg lq (2 weeks) 4/29/15 1Pill + 1 mg lq (16 days) 5/15/15 1 12.5 mg Pill ONLY (9 days) 5/24/15 12 mgs liquid (8 days) 6/1/15 11mg lq (12 days) 6/13/15 10 mg.  12/3/15 Drop from 8mg to 7.6 (24 days to) 12/27/15 7.2mgs 8/4/16 6.8mgs,  11/1/16 6.4mgs, 2/5/17 6 mgs  4/3/17 5.6mgs, 4/24/17 5.2mg, 6/13/17 4.8mgs, 9/20/17 4.4mgS, 11/23/17 4 mgs, 1/1/18 3.6 mgs, 2/15/18 3.2 mgs. 4/13/18 2.8mgs, 5/11/18 2.4mgs, 6/10/18 2.0 mgs, 8/4/18 1.6mgs,  9/27/18 1.2mgs, 12/24/18 0.8mg, 3/24/19 0.64 mg,(syringe change issue date?) 4/22/19 0.60 mg, 5/24/19 0.60 mg, 7/7/19 0.52 mgs, 8/4/19 0.44mgs, 11/4/19 0.36mgs, 2/1/20 0.28mgs, 3/1/20 0.24mgs (crash April 6) Compound started 6/28/21: 0.24mgs, 8/29/21: 0.22mgs, 10/31/21: 0.20mgs, 1/03/22: 0.18mgs, 3/5/22: 0.16mgs, 5/5/22: 0.14mgs.

Original Wellbutrin Dose: 6 months from 9/14 to 3/2015, 300 XL 3/15/15: Half to 150 XL ( severe symptoms started on day 12) 4/16/15: 125mg   for 20 days to: 5/6/15:   100mg  for  15 days to: 5/21/15    75mg  for  10 days to: 6/1/15:  56.25mg      13 days to: 6/13/15: 37.25mg    7 days to: 6/20/15  28.12mg   14 days to: 7/4/15  18.75mg, 7 days to: 7/11/15; RAISE BACK TO: 28.12 to 8/14/15: 18.75mg  20 days to :9/3/15 : 12.5mg, 8/4/16 9mg 1/9/17: 8.5mg 2/8/17 8mg, 3/9/17: 7.6  4/9/17  7.2  5/27/17 6.4 6/24/17 5.8, 8/1/17 5.0, 8/29/17 4.2mgs, 10/2/17 3.5mgs, 12/28/17 2.5mgs, 2/27/18 1.7mgs,  4/19/18 0.8 mgs, LAST DOSE: 6/11/18:  3 YEARS, 2 MONTHS, 27 DAYS...

6 minutes ago, Denas1969 said:

I did have to go back up to .66 from .33 because my anxiety and thoughts got out of hand again

Yeah, you were making drops well over 10% per month, that's understandable that would happen.

2 hours ago, Denas1969 said:

It has taken me 3 months to get down to .66 and my sleep is good.  My appetite is good. My anxiety is fair I mean with the coronavirus I have been a bit more on edge but dealing okay. I feel like after 4 weeks @ .66 I am ready for the next step down. What should that be?  

But You weren't steady at .66 for 3 months, You dropped in half for 3 weeks, the Symptoms were rough so you went back up to .66.  After 3 weeks of .33, you probably didn't need to go all the way back up to .66, probably .50 might have done it, but, that's water under the bridge at this point.  

Depending on how long you have been back at .66 would determine when you would drop again, it's not necessarily every 4 weeks.  You might need more time to stabilize from the rough patch of zig zagging up and down.  But your probably looking at going down to around .60 when you are ready to drop again.

February went down to .66 for two weeks and felt ok then down to .33 for a few weeks and anxiety got really bad so went back to .66 and been there since. 

The mods are really going to need you to put exact dates for each med, as best as you can remember.

When in february were you at .66, when did you go down to .33 for  a "few weeks", and when you went back up?

You stated:  For the last three months I have held steady with 5mg of prozac but started weaning olanzapine as soon as I got home from the hospital. Went to 1.25mg for 4 weeks. Then .66 for 4 weeks. I have been on .33 for about three weeks now and doing okay.

Example:

2/6: olanz drop to .33

2/27: olanz increase back to .66

Also, your detail of when your symptoms became worse.  Your symptoms could be from dropping your dose in half 2 months in a row, or it could have been a delayed reaction from just dropping it from 1.25 to .66.  Meaning that even if you had stayed at .66 for another month, you may have had the symptom uptick anyway.  They need a more precise detail of dose drop and increase dates and the symptom increase and decrease dates as well. 

Otherwise, they can't formulate a good idea of how much longer You many need to wait before you drop again.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Denas1969 said:

So, I am down to .66 olanzapine and still holding @ 5 mg prozac. I am definitely doing better. It has taken me 3 months to get down to .66 and my sleep is good.  My appetite is good. My anxiety is fair I mean with the coronavirus I have been a bit more on edge but dealing okay. I feel like after 4 weeks @ .66 I am ready for the next step down. What should that be?  And is or will the 5mg of prozac helping mitigate any depression while going off the olanzapine?  My thoughts have been better and more clear lately. Not As foggy as I was on 1.25 olanzapine. I plan on staying on the prozac at 5 mg for at least 3 months before thinking About tapering that. Hoping for a good plan. Thanks for any input and help.  

Hello, Denas. Yes, how long have you been taking .66mg olanzapine?

14 hours ago, Denas1969 said:

The constipation has been better for the past month.  I did have to go back up to .66 from .33 because my anxiety and thoughts got out of hand again.  How do I update my signature please?

The anxiety probably was a withdrawal symptom from reducing olanzapine too fast. You did the right thing to increase the dosage, but you should give your nervous system time to settle down before reducing again.

If you require the drugs to control anxiety or depression, you may wish to hold on tapering any of them. We advise people to go off drugs only if they are able to manage their symptoms without drugs. You might work on coping skills for a while before making more reductions, see

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Easing your way into meditation for a stressed-out nervous system

Music for self-care: calms hyperalertness, anxiety, aids relaxation and sleep

Ways to cope with daily anxiety

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Shame, guilt, regret, and self-criticism

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I have been taking .66 for about 4 weeks.  Aside from a few days of .33 which didn't go well.  I think I will just stay at the .66 for now through this virus stuff. It is so scary how little of this drug has control over me. Or maybe it's just that I have read too much and putting stuff in my head fueling my anxiety. If you look at the post partum boards for psychosis most of the women go off at 2.5 with no issues.  Are they just lucky or what lol.  

CT Lexapro October 2018

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone!  So, after 5 failed attempts of stopping the dust I was consuming every night I am now 12 days off olanzapine with no withdrawals yet.  I feel more awake, happier but still have some broken sleep. I fall asleep fairly easy but wake between 5 or 6 am every morning.  I can get back to sleep with a few times of cbd flower ...just wish I didn't have to smoke to get back to sleep.  I don't like the oil or edibles.  My question is when am I in the clear of withdrawal. I think the fear of it coming is what's bothering me the most.  The fear of it. But when I am busy I am completely fine.  I usually had to go back on the olanz 3 days after stopping completely and restabrlize but this time was much different.  And I do mean I was taking a spec for quite a while. Thoughts?

CT Lexapro October 2018

Hello, good to see you again. 🙂

I'll let a mod answer how long out after going off that particular med can you still come down with WD Symptoms but for some it's a few months, unfortunately.

I had a crash almost 3 months out, sadly

Depends on the individual med.

Sorry your sleep is interrupted, mine has been as well.

Hopefully you won't have too many issues but if you do start you could always reinstate a certain percentage.

Did you drop from 0.66 12 days ago?

No it has been a while that I went even lower than .66. I was taking a spec not even able to weigh ..I even licked a pill a few times lol.  I am also still on Prozac so I'm hoping that helps at least with the anxiety and depression.  I will stay on the Prozac a while at 10 until I feel ready to start weaning off of it. 

CT Lexapro October 2018

So you up dosed your Prozac from 5 to 10mg?

You were on 5 last you posted.

Only asking since the mods will need to know when you dropped or up dosed both meds to have an idea of what you might be looking at.

If you could to your signature line  the dates of the changes since March they may be able to help. 🙂

I upped the Prozac 6 months ago to 10mg yes.  It really helped alot and still a small dose.  Hopefully not too hard to get off of when I am ready. I don't know how to update my signature notes.  

CT Lexapro October 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Remember to Save after editing it.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

used cannibis daily

April 2019 Lexapro 5mg 3 days mild serotonin syndrome 

May 2019 took 2.5mg Lexapro and woke up 2 hrs later in akathesia terror restless body paranoia manic horrible suicidal.

Hospitalized on a 302. Given 10mg celexa and did okay until day 5 akathesia returned. 

June 2019 Pristiq 1 dose landed me in er and i was 302 inpatient.

July 2019 Hospitalized 302 given zoloft 25mg 3 days 50mg for 4 weeks. And ativan .5 only 1x at night took sporatically horrid side effects and akathesia..." 

You've had 5 adverse reactions to meds. I'm thinking about how many of them were-could have been- related to the chronic cannibis use.

Added that once your hospitalized, your cold turkeying off it as well if your kept any length of time.

After 5 reactions you've added the olanzapine as well.

It don't know how much the cannabis is making the issue worse but it is a mind altering substance and causes problems for some people.

You need to think about the possibility that it's use is what may have precipitated these episodes where you end up hospitalized on 302's.

Wondering Is it that your sensitive to most psych meds and might be better avoiding them or would you have been ok starting them if you weren't also on the cannabis? 

Cannabis can help temporarily but can cause neuropsychiatric problems like depression, anxiety, psychosis, cognitive problems,  with long term use. 

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded

Totally wrong.  It was a reinstatement of Lexapro after 5 months off cold turkey that messed me up terribly. I quit cannabis for a year during that time.  Was cycled on and off meds that messed me up further.  I only take a few puffs at night a little while before bed to help me sleep.  And it's so relaxing.  Menopause caused my previous issues which led me to Lexapro in the first place.  Didn't smoke pot back then and I still got hit with anxiety and depression so bad I didn't want to be here.  And I remember feeling the exact same way years ago after being given lupron to throw me into menopause to heal endometriosis.  I was 302 then also but after two doses of that I stopped and got my periods back and got better.  I just don't like when people blame pot when it's always helped me in so many ways. Just like anything else... Works for some not for others.  

CT Lexapro October 2018

• Moderator Emeritus

3 minutes ago, Denas1969 said:

I just don't like when people blame pot when it's always helped me in so many ways. Just like anything else... Works for some not for others.  

Because of all the different things/changes in the mix, it is impossible to know for certain what has caused what.  And you cannot know what the long term effects using pot has on you personally.  You are experiment where N=1.  We can automatically think that is one thing when in fact it is something else.  And basically we do not know and it cannot be proven either way.  It is naive not to consider everything.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I wasn't blaming "it" by itself, but like any other drug, it can have lasting effects on the brain long after "quitting" and when combined in the same brain over time with other meds there can be long term problematic issues. It simply can not be said it did not have an affect on how your brain reacted to any other med going forward.

Like any fast acting drug, (alcohol, opioids, Xanax) it will naturally "seem" to help you, the problem is your not able to decipher where it's also complicating the issue. If your using it again now, it will be hard to really know what impact it will or will not have with going off the olanzapine , which is what you asked us for help deciphering a reliable WD timeline as per being symptomatic.  Any other brain altering med or even over the counter medications can affect symptoms. Even Allergy meds, etc.

So while you may think it's "always worked for you" in the short term, it's just as reasonable to suspect it's also working against you, as it has so many others. You'll have to decide if the risk of a drug known for long term  neuropsychiatric problems complicating your WD and over all brain health is worth the perceived benefit or the temporary pleasure your receiving from it.

Yeah I guess.  But I am also still on Prozac. Wouldn't that also play into how I will do in withdrawal?  The Prozac has helped me so much, I guess while it also hurts me being a neurotoxin and all. And I mean as far as bringing me out of the horrible state I was in before.  So, what I am hearing is that I have screwed myself up beyond repair with all the pot smoking and antidepressants I've done in the past 4 years.  Like I said I didn't smoke pot at all...before, during and soon after my first really bad bout of depression and anxiety so I know it had nothing to do with it before.  But your right I can't say that now.  What I can say is the pot helps me sleep, without sleep I am a mess so when I get sleep I wake up with my head on right.  I wonder what would happen if I didn't take 2 to 3 puffs before bed ... And continue to not smoke at all. I wonder if I will get withdrawals for a month or a year.  Maybe protracted withdrawal for 3 years.  If I feel like it helps me get off these dangerous meds ... I just don't see the harm.  Idk. But can you answer this question for me please....would I already be feeling withdrawal symptoms 14 days off completely?  Should I be worried about my life turning upside down in another week?  Or is it too hard to say how any 1 person will go?  I am sleeping well, eating well and completely functional, no pain ... Can't contain other than being scared this will change and things will go south. 

CT Lexapro October 2018

25 minutes ago, Denas1969 said:

But can you answer this question for me please....would I already be feeling withdrawal symptoms 14 days off completely?  Should I be worried about my life turning upside down in another week?  Or is it too hard to say how any 1 person will go? 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:10 PM, Colonial said:

you can still come down with WD Symptoms but for some it's a few months, unfortunately.

I had a crash almost 3 months out, sadly

I am sleeping well, 

What I can say is the pot helps me sleep, without sleep I am a mess so when I get sleep I wake up with my head on right.  I wonder what would happen if I didn't take 2 to 3 puffs before bed

If you believe your only sleeping well because of the pot then it's hard to say if your not sleeping well without it because you've become addicted to it, or if the trouble sleeping is WD related or a 3rd reason.  But since needing a drug in order to sleep is not our bodies normal state of affairs there is an issue, and I might assume it's intertwined with the other brain issues. 

Should I be worried about my life turning upside down in another week?  Or is it too hard to say how any 1 person will go? 

There is no way to tell, except the need for the pot to releive your symptoms means you were likely not stable before dropping off the med.  The only way to safely go off a med is a controlled taper. Since you haven't updated your signature with how fast or slow you tapered no one can give an educated guess. This was why we asked to that info to be updated.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, Colonial said:

the mods will need to know when you dropped or up dosed both meds to have an idea of what you might be looking at.

If you could to your signature line  the dates of the changes since March they may be able to help.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Edited by Colonial

• Moderator Emeritus
18 minutes ago, Denas1969 said:

But can you answer this question for me please....would I already be feeling withdrawal symptoms 14 days off completely? 

There are so many unknowns with psychiatric drugs that is can be hard to answer some questions.

I have had two completely different experiences with two different drugs.  Only one drug in the mix each time.  Citalopram, after many years I CTed it and felt great for a few months.  The best I had felt in a very long time.  Then bam, I was bedridden for 2.5 weeks with what sort of felt like the flu but it wasn't, I couldn't eat and lost 8kgs.  I ended up on Pristiq for a few years at 100mg.  Because of mild serotonin syndrome (self diagnosed after feeling horrible for so long, but thought it was menopause) I decided to reduce from 100mg to 50mg (25mg is not available in Australia and of course they say not to cut tablets).  After 2 weeks of incredibly bad cog fog (walking took my full concentration) I couldn't type (professional typist since I left school 40+ years before).  SA suggested updosing, which I did and after only about 4 hours (hours not days) I could type again.

That's why it is difficult to answer some of the questions which members ask us.  It would be wrong to say it is going to be such and such because we don't know what is going to happen.  Imagine if I had had only one of these experiences and answered a member's question using that one experience and they ended up experiencing the complete opposite, just like I did.

3 minutes ago, Colonial said:

If you believe your only sleeping well because of the pot then it's hard to say if your not sleeping well without it because you've become addicted to it, or if the trouble sleeping is WD related or a 3rd reason.  But since needing a drug in order to sleep is not our bodies normal state of affairs there is an issue, and I might assume it's intertwined with the other brain issues. 

And there is another possibility, placebo.  You sleep because you believe that it is helping.  If you don't use it you believe that you won't sleep so you don't

That's true!  I had placebo effect by proxy! 

After a bad stretch of anxiety when I would leave the house, if I didn't bring the bottle of xanax just in case I needed it, I ended up needing it and having to go home early!

If I brought it and kept it in the car, I didn't need it!

So your saying in a few months I will definately crash??  

CT Lexapro October 2018

No, we did not say you will definitely crash.  Chessie said:

29 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

It would be wrong to say it is going to be such and such because we don't know what is going to happen. 

We are saying some crashes can be delayed.

You asked if you should be having symptoms by 14 days, but not necessarily.

It is not a guarantee that you will not have some WD in the future.

Got it. I had been on a spec like dust for the last two months of going off. I had tried to jump after three weeks on that spec of dust but by day three I'd be in pain and nauseated and go back to that spec then again tried a d by day 3 again not good ...stayed on the spec for roughly three more weeks and licked the pill for a week then stopped. I haven't felt any different but I know what you mean .. as long as I know i have it I feel safe...like I have a plan to go back to the spec if...  But I think it's all in my head ... Literally.  

CT Lexapro October 2018