Kronos18

Increased symptoms after eating

Kronos18

Is anyone experiencing symptoms that are more severe after eating?(anxiety,twitching, heart pounding, *not beating fast, pounding harder*, POTS).It's been 14 months for me since this all started and its not showing signs of going away)

Junglechicken

Yes, I have had this recently.

I think its linked to elevated histamine levels.

TurkeyCold

Indeed food intolerances might be an issue, on the other hand eating and digesting in general means enormous hormonal changes. In my waves I get way more affected by meals and have to rest afterwards for hours (I have to eat a very restricted diet). In my opinion the key is to find a diet that doesn't trigger and accept the residual symptoms one is left with after having eaten. 

Kronos18

Is it normal for the symptoms to ramp up during any stress?no matter how tiny, i saw someone while driving and my symptoms ramped up, this is crazy!! This state makes me feel very depressed.I cant believe how tiny stress can affect me so bad

Junglechicken
2 hours ago, Kronos18 said:

Is it normal for the symptoms to ramp up during any stress?no matter how tiny, i saw someone while driving and my symptoms ramped up, this is crazy!! This state makes me feel very depressed.I cant believe how tiny stress can affect me so bad

Stress has triggered my waves, each and every time.

It definitely makes symptoms worse, as the symptoms are driven by your CNS.

Elevated cortisol/adrenaline wrecks havoc with your CNS.

mustafa

Yes, food affects my symptomts as well but I noticed this with some foods and on top of these foods comes the products from wheat and fish as well,

I feel also bad if I had alot of potatoes, eat sugar or alot of salts.

lucidity
On 2/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, Kronos18 said:

Is anyone experiencing symptoms that are more severe after eating?(anxiety,twitching, heart pounding, *not beating fast, pounding harder*, POTS).It's been 14 months for me since this all started and its not showing signs of going away)

Yes, it seems to be largely histamine and sugar related for me .  Cortisol reducers -- holy basil, phosphatidylserine, bacopa all help me quite a bit with this.  Be careful with too much or combining those, though -- it can cause pretty bad depression for a number of hours.

delsol

Eating in general worsens things for me. Certainly certain foods are bigger triggers than others, but my thought is this: Digestion takes a huge amount of your overall bodily energy, leaving few resources for much else. Healthy people even are normally prone to naps after meals, as this is nature's way of allowing the body to use its energy for important functions. So my thought is that those of us with withdrawal are struggling in so many ways, and eating just takes too much battery power from other things we need to do. It's soooooo frustrating, as, well, we do kinda have to eat and can't exactly avoid it.

lucidity

I forgot to mention, I've found l-citrulline to greatly help with this, as well as general anxiety for me.

lucidity

Also manganese may actually be at the root of this issue, for me anyway.  After dosing with manganese chelate, the agitation I'd been feeling drops significantly after 7-8mg!  I suspect I may have been deficient in manganese due to regular and high magnesium usage since magnesium antagonizes manganese.  This also fits with the histamine-related problems because manganese helps inhibit histamine release from mast cells.  I should have known better.  You can't just isolate and take one vitamin or trace mineral without causing some other effect.  As expected, whole foods are best, where possible

TurkeyCold

Hey lucidity,

nice to hear you have success with your measure. The interesting question will be: What effects do high doses of manganese have?

Kindly

C.

lucidity
18 hours ago, TurkeyCold said:

Hey lucidity,

nice to hear you have success with your measure. The interesting question will be: What effects do high doses of manganese have?

Kindly

C.

I haven't been gutsy/foolish enough to try this long term just yet, only as needed. If it's an actual deficiency, hopefully I shouldn't need to keep taking it as long as I stay away from too much magnesium supplementation. 

Some of the folks in this thread have taken it for a while, mostly with good results: 

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f11/is-manganese-the-solution-70691/

Some do report depression after a while of taking this, and one poster raised the possibility of tolerance/dependence issues with it (which would be most troubling to me)

I also stay away from the crazy high doses some of these people have tried.

The only negative I've noticed so far possibly is some irritability/aggression.  Compared to the horrible agitation I normally experience after eating, it's a worthwhile trade-off so far