Pandemic blues. Can’t wait to get back to “normal.” Really?

GiaK

post originally from here:  Pandemic blues. Can't wait to get back to "normal". Really?- Everything Matters

https://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/2020/04/16/pandemic-blues/

Back to normal?    This is the world I know….thank god others are waking up to the destruction humanity has wrought. The air is clean, the animals are returning to places they’ve not been for decades.

I’ve been in isolation for over a decade with no appropriate medical care. This is my third pandemic as well. The AIDS pandemic…I worked at the beginning when young men were dying like flies. And the pandemic of murder by psychiatric meds. Going on everyday and denied by most. This is my life in isolation. I haven’t been pretending the world isn’t falling apart.

Maybe others will join us now…those of us who are paying attention. Let it be.

There is not “a reason for everything” — in fact it could be argued there’s not a reason for anything at all and we just come up with narratives to make sense of the mystery. To say that there’s a reason for everything is just another story. Let go into non-interpretive living. Let go into life.

Let’s take responsibility for our impact on others. how are we perpetrator? We live in a culture where we are all denying our perpetrations. It’s a fundamental problem.

We are God, dancing with ourselves. May each and every one of us recognize one another. Hello, all creatures great and small. Hello every last thing in this manifested universe.

“When a bodhisattva sees that all the afflictions and all the activities of the māras are aids to the attainment of unexcelled and perfect awakening, such a bodhisattva is endowed with skillful means.”

Dharmadhātu­prakṛtyasambheda­-nirdeśa

The god body is only ever fully occupied once the animal body is.

From the bucolic seclusion of the English countryside, Russell Brand has an exchange with Conan O’Brien

post originally from here:  https://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/2020/04/16/pandemic-blues/

Edited by manymoretodays
corrected link's

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

1 hour ago, GiaK said:

There is not “a reason for everything” — in fact it could be argued there’s not a reason for anything at all and we just come up with narratives to make sense of the mystery. To say that there’s a reason for everything is just another story. Let go into non-interpretive living. Let go into life.

Some good thoughts!

I've never liked the popular quote that 'there is a reason for everything.' In one sense, of course there is a reason for everything. Nothing happens without it being caused by another thing. But, this doesn't really say much, since most things are caused by destructive and irrational decisions - i.e. doctors prescribing people antidepressants and telling them that they are easy to quit. In another sense, this quote suggests that there is a good reason and purpose for everything. Although many things can unfold in positive ways, there are also many instances when things do not unfold in such a manner - i.e. people taking their own life. Jesus himself said this much when he stated that it would be better for a person not to have been born than to have lived and betrayed the son of man (referencing Judas). 

I agree with you that many of the people that use this quote are just creating imaginary narratives to try and make sense of things and make themselves feel better. If they (including myself) could just refrain from interpreting and just let go, they would likely discover very deep truths related to themselves and their experiences that would be more real and true than anything they could ever imagine.

09/2011- 01/2014: 10mg Cipralex / 02/2014: increased to 15mg Cipralex

02/2014 - 10/2016: 15mg Cipralex / 11/2016: reduced to 12.5mg Cipralex (over 2 weeks)

12/2016: reduced to 10mg Cipralex (over 2 weeks) / 01/2017 - 09/2018: 10mg Cipralex

10/2018 - 11/2018: reduced gradually to 7.5mg Cipralex / 12/2018: found SA & first learned about the 10% taper method

2019: 6.9mg / 2020: 5.1mg (0.064-0.065) 06/01/21/2021: 4.8mg (0.061-0.062) / 06/01/21/2021-04/15/2022: 3.8mg (0.048) /

04/16-07-10/15/2022 : 2.8mg (0.036mg) / 10/15/2022-04/27/2023: 2.4mg (0.031mg) / 04/27/2023-06/05/2023: 2.4mg (0.030mg) / 06/05/2023- 11/04/2023: 1.7mg (0.022mg) - Extremely bad WD; UPDOSED 03/01/2023- 04/03/2023: 2.0mg (0.025mg); UPDOSED AGAIN 04/04/2023: 2.3mg (0.028-0.029mg)

Please Note: I am not a medical professional. Consult a knowledgeable

medical professional when making decisions about your medical care. 

wonderful! yes...these things are never absolute as we wander into the land of paradox...your riffing off my thought is exactly what I hope for when I post this stuff. Thank you for sharing. 

Everything Matters: Beyond Meds 

https://beyondmeds.com/

withdrawn from a cocktail of 6 psychiatric drugs that included every class of psych drug.

• Moderator Emeritus

Done.  Links updated.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy