☼ Lostinwonderland: looking for help and answers

Lostinwonderland

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing better these days but not recovered. Here lately I have found my energy levels aren't great. I stay tired and sleepy more often lately

January -February celexa 40mg for 11 days. Adverse reaction cold turkey

April-May Zoloft for 30 days cold turkey. 

No further meds since then

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well here I am, 18 months after an adverse reaction. 18 months after my daily life was turned around. 

I made it this far. What a road it was, still is.

I made improvement a whole lot. I'm back to work, back to buying old cars, back to listening to music, back to me in so many ways, back to driving every day and every where, back to spending time with me kids. I beat dpdr, anhedonia, loss of appetite, memory loss,brain fog, cognitive dysfunction, I won. Vision still screwed though. It got no better at all. Dpdr is a 1, only when I'm really tired does it try but I'm alert of what it is and it's not so bad. Memory loss, it's coming back it really is, I get complimented on how great my memory is, I either exercised it back into shaped or it healed. Anhedonia? It's gone, can't tell ya how or when that happen. Just did. I enjoy games, cars, music, food, sex, animals, traveling,comedy etc again. Almost have dissociation beat too but there is some disconnect feel to things.. I van feel the world around me better. Slowly it came back. Slowly it all got better. Still can't fully get into movies like I use to but that's improving. I love to make people laugh and I'm back at that. My vision is still bad tho, visual snow, light sensitivity  after images all that still remains but i think is HPPD from either the SSRI or the SSRI made my HPPD worse. I don't come on here so much any more. It reminds me of when I was so lost, so hopeless and how scared I was. But this website saved my life. It really did. I knew I was getting better when I wasn't on here all day every day. It's a wonderful website and I'm so thankful it does exist. 

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

It is great to see an adverse reaction healing… I am sorry u had to suffer for so many months but now u can enjoy ur life again. You give me hope one day I ll recover as well…. 10 months after an adverse reaction to evil Zoloft and I am still extremely bad… 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

I never thought I would get better but I did!

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats @Lostinwonderlandyou made it to the other side!! I’m beyond happy for you, you deserve all the good things in life for having to go through such a terrible journey. I don’t wanna come off as annoying or anything but if you feel like or get a chance, would you mind telling me how your cognitive issues resolved, was it incredibly gradual or did one day during withdrawal something just clicked and changed immediately. Also I noticed you said you had hearing problems and I’m curious as to whether or not those resolved for you? Mine make it hard to understand what people say sometimes, it sounds all jumbled up and muffled, and sometimes things will be sound normal and then other times it seems like my brain isn’t able to register where noises are coming from, it all just sounds mono and all right in front of me no direction. Please if you feel like it, I would appreciate if you would answer these. But if not I totally understand, after dealing with hell for 18 months I’d probably wanna completely forget about it. But all in all, I’m happy for you. Thanks for sharing 

2019-2020 Zoloft 200mg and Wellbutrin 150mg fast tapered off. 
2020  20mg Lexapro for 8 months, tapered to 15mg then 10mg then 5mg then 2.5 and then every other day. Fast tapered off of Lexapro.

-poor cognition-uneasy feeling -burning brain -people startle me -can’t read facial expressions-Brain fog-can’t detect emotion -can’t hear voice intonations -so many more

• Administrator

Because you're feeling better, I added our cheerful "here comes the sun" symbol to the title of your Intro topic, to show you're recovering.

Please continue to let us know how you're doing. I hope you will add your story to our Recovery Success Stories eventually!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think you have hppd before your reaction?

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

• 6 months later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:37 AM, Lostinwonderland said:

Well here I am, 18 months after an adverse reaction. 18 months after my daily life was turned around. 

I made it this far. What a road it was, still is.

I made improvement a whole lot. I'm back to work, back to buying old cars, back to listening to music, back to me in so many ways, back to driving every day and every where, back to spending time with me kids. I beat dpdr, anhedonia, loss of appetite, memory loss,brain fog, cognitive dysfunction, I won. Vision still screwed though. It got no better at all. Dpdr is a 1, only when I'm really tired does it try but I'm alert of what it is and it's not so bad. Memory loss, it's coming back it really is, I get complimented on how great my memory is, I either exercised it back into shaped or it healed. Anhedonia? It's gone, can't tell ya how or when that happen. Just did. I enjoy games, cars, music, food, sex, animals, traveling,comedy etc again. Almost have dissociation beat too but there is some disconnect feel to things.. I van feel the world around me better. Slowly it came back. Slowly it all got better. Still can't fully get into movies like I use to but that's improving. I love to make people laugh and I'm back at that. My vision is still bad tho, visual snow, light sensitivity  after images all that still remains but i think is HPPD from either the SSRI or the SSRI made my HPPD worse. I don't come on here so much any more. It reminds me of when I was so lost, so hopeless and how scared I was. But this website saved my life. It really did. I knew I was getting better when I wasn't on here all day every day. It's a wonderful website and I'm so thankful it does exist. 

I know you said you didn’t come on here a lot but was hoping for a positive update? I’m almost 3 months in 

Immediate adverse reaction 

lexapro 5mg 3x 1/27/22, 1/28/22, 1/30/22 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 9:28 AM, rebeccaannxo said:

What kind of sensations or feelings does HPPD give you? I fear that what I may have :( did you have disequilibrium issues? 

Yes  I did. It got better that is not existent. Hppd gave me visual snow and extreme anxiety where I wasn't really functioning. I took the ssri Celexa and zoloft and that's when all hell broke loose on me. Today I'm tons of better but still healing.  

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

On 9/19/2021 at 8:56 AM, username001 said:

Congrats @Lostinwonderlandyou made it to the other side!! I’m beyond happy for you, you deserve all the good things in life for having to go through such a terrible journey. I don’t wanna come off as annoying or anything but if you feel like or get a chance, would you mind telling me how your cognitive issues resolved, was it incredibly gradual or did one day during withdrawal something just clicked and changed immediately. Also I noticed you said you had hearing problems and I’m curious as to whether or not those resolved for you? Mine make it hard to understand what people say sometimes, it sounds all jumbled up and muffled, and sometimes things will be sound normal and then other times it seems like my brain isn’t able to register where noises are coming from, it all just sounds mono and all right in front of me no direction. Please if you feel like it, I would appreciate if you would answer these. But if not I totally understand, after dealing with hell for 18 months I’d probably wanna completely forget about it. But all in all, I’m happy for you. Thanks for sharing 

Well thank you! Sorry for the late reply! My hearing is the same exact way you explain. Completely identical to yours,  come to find out my ears dont drain properly anymore and tubes have to be put in them. Estucbian tubes problems (may have spelt that wrong) my healing process was not immediately, it was very gradual and still is very gradual but I'm happy with the progress. I'm still getting my memories of things I forgot but I'm very functional and I work about 84 hours a week but I have to be careful because I have learned the key to healing is taking it easy and a full 8-10 hours of sleep. You will hear, and I'll let you know if the tubes in my ears fix the hearing problems

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

On 4/19/2022 at 8:45 AM, StarShopping87 said:

I know you said you didn’t come on here a lot but was hoping for a positive update? I’m almost 3 months in 

Alright so I'm doing a lot better, I'm still seeing good and solid healing. I am back to enjoying life again. Still have some problems but they are minor really. I will preach and preach this but plenty of rest! Days I don't get much rest can be bad days with symptoms flaring up. I will say 3 months isn't too long to be in withdrawal or adverse reaction but it's better than the first day. I hope you have seen some healing and you will heal! Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions. 

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

On 4/19/2022 at 8:45 AM, StarShopping87 said:

On 5/26/2022 at 2:15 PM, Lostinwonderland said:

Alright so I'm doing a lot better, I'm still seeing good and solid healing. I am back to enjoying life again. Still have some problems but they are minor really. I will preach and preach this but plenty of rest! Days I don't get much rest can be bad days with symptoms flaring up. I will say 3 months isn't too long to be in withdrawal or adverse reaction but it's better than the first day. I hope you have seen some healing and you will heal! Feel free to message me if you have anymore questions. 

Did you have weird brain sensations? Like pressure, pulling, heaviness, just a over all weird sensation? I saw you had like sharp pains.. insomnia? If so when did you notice improvement? I’ve got a few severe symptoms lingering, insomnia, weird brain, stimulation and awful fear/anxiety. 

Immediate adverse reaction 

lexapro 5mg 3x 1/27/22, 1/28/22, 1/30/22 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

On 5/26/2022 at 11:45 PM, Lostinwonderland said:

Hey brother... I m also suffering from vision problems since the month of march.. I m seeing things unclear n like there are tons of noise type static in my vision... I can see the noise everywhere and that is making the thing's unclear and on the hassy side.. Although it has improved a lot since the beginning.. How is your vision right now... N how much time it took you to recover from it...? 

• 1 year later...

Amy improvements in your vision?

Lexapro 10-20mg 2016-2018 2 full years cold turkey no withdrawals, Lexapro 10-20mg 01/2021-08/2022 cold turkey missed doses, alternated between high and low doses, no withdrawals

1/7-1/14/2023 Ciprofloxacin for 1 week 500mgx2 in January 2023, resulted in headaches that went away in 2 months

3/21-3/35/2023 Oxybutinin for 4 days 

3/21-3/30/2023 Ofloxacin 400*9 days in March, gave me insomnia

3/23-3/25/2023 Passiflora+Valerian Capsule for 2 nights, doesn't work.

3/26-3/29/2023 Unisom (Doxylamine) for three nights, it would work on the second night but would not do anything on the 3rd.
03/29-05/10/2023 Mirtazapine 7.5mg/15mgs depending on the night this also would work for 3 nights, I would switch to Unisom every 4th night. Took for a total of 15-20 times in 42 nights.

5/11/2023 Atarax(hydroxine) only once but spiked my tinnitus and gives me DP/DR in the morning, after this I could fall a sleep on my own with no meds. Later on Unisom also spikes my tinnitus. 

06/01/2023 Brain Zaps start, I get back to alternating mirtazapine,passiflora, melatonin,  for 40+ more days. Symptoms got worse.

06/15/2023 Trazodone 50MGs once. Did nothing.

3/2023 - 9/2023 NAC, Alpha lipoic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Calcium. Once or twice I took 5HTP and L-theanine. Took Fish Oil Omega-3 for 1-2 months.

11/8/2023 250mgs of Keppra ONCE.