Nyfa25: two weeks of Brintellix / Trintellix / vortioxetine and that was hell

Thanks @ChessieCat :)

June 25 - July 8, 2020 - 2 weeks on Brintellix, suffered an adverse reaction.

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nyfa25

• Erell

• Hisame

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Nyfa    I'm really sorry about the job situation, and really understand as I'm in the same boat.    I know this is a hard thing to do, but try to not fight the situation. We

wow I had a full afternoon without symptoms yesterday, it’s the first in 3 and a half months since I had the adverse reaction

I can’t wait to be completely healed of this adverse reaction... I felt a marked improvement in symptoms last week, I still had symptoms when I woke up and in the morning but it disappeared during the

ChessieCat

Shep found this for you.  I hope it helps:

FDA - Brintellix guide

NEW!!!              INTERVIEW with Altostrata, SA's founder               NEW!!! 

ADs:  25 years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after)

Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering Oct 2015  Current from 14 Nov 2020:  Pristiq 0.50 mg

My tapering program                                      My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)

My website - includes my brief history + links to videos & information on the web

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.

REMINDER TO SELF:  I don't need the drug now, but my still brain does.

J'ai eu mon rendez-vous avec le médecin concernant le rapport que j'ai fait à l'autorité française du médicament. Je suis moyennement satisfait de ce rendez-vous, le médecin a confirmé que j'avais peut-être eu une réaction indésirable lorsque je l'ai pris et qu'en effet il arrive dans de rares cas, que les envies suicidaires étaient en fait liées au médicament et à l'agression également lors de la prise.

D'un autre côté, il a nié que le syndrome de sevrage puisse durer aussi longtemps que ce que je disais (plus de 4 mois) et quand je lui ai expliqué tous mes symptômes, il n'était pas convaincu et a dit que c'était surprenant qu'il soit lié.

he also said that I had probably been the victim of paradoxical effects of the drug and that he will ask the question twice before prescribing this drug again (which is a plus!). However, he also said something that shocked me, that he prescribed this drug every day and that in 25 years he had never had a problem.

Can you imagine? A country doctor says he prescribes antidepressants every day to people....

25 juin - 8 juillet 2020-2 semaines sur Brintellix, a subi un effet indésirable.

Translation in english :

I had my appointment with the doctor regarding the report I made to the French authority of the medicine. I am moderately satisfied with this appointment, the doctor confirmed that I may have had an adverse reaction when I took it and that indeed it happens in rare cases, that suicidal urges were in fact related to the drug and the aggression felt also during taking. On the other hand, he denied that the withdrawal syndrome could last as long as what I was saying (more than 4 months) and when I explained all my symptoms, he was not convinced and said that it was surprising that it was related.

He also said that I had probably been the victim of paradoxical effects of the drug and that he will ask the question twice before prescribing this drug again (which is a plus!). However, he also said something that shocked me, that he prescribed this drug every day and that in 25 years he had never had a problem.

Can you imagine? A country doctor says he prescribes antidepressants every day to people....

@Erell @ChessieCat

Normally what happens is that the drug authority has to send a file to my doctor to report adverse reactions, but I’m not under any illusions. I know that no one will blame these horrible drugs and that I will not get my life back and the drug companies will not compensate me for the harm I have suffered as a result of the drug

I can’t wait to be completely healed of this adverse reaction... I felt a marked improvement in symptoms last week, I still had symptoms when I woke up and in the morning but it disappeared during the day but I managed to spend good afternoons and evenings and now I find myself again with full of symptoms that come with my menstrual period... It’s tiresome to go back to symptoms..