Krissyb: 3rd attempt at getting off antidepressants

Krisseyb

Basically I have been on and off antidepressants for 15 years. But, the last 3 1/2 years have been on them constantly. I have tried to get off two times (within a 6 week period) and after about 6 weeks it was way worse than before. So I got back on. I'm so glad to have found this site...because I have hope that I can actually get off Lexapro for good this time! This site is hard for me to navigate...but I'm learning. :)

Edited by Gridley

2005-2020 diff AD for trouble sleeping, switched multiple times. 

2020 Dec Escitalopram 10 mg

2021 Jan 10 mg -start BMS taper w/2 wk hold

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

.25mg Melatonin (as needed)

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Krisseyb.  I know there's a lot of information here, but you'll get oriented.  We'll be happy to help you get off the Lexapro.  I'm just about done with my Lexapro taper and the information from this site has been essential.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  If you don't remember some of the drugs from way back in the past, that's fine.  A list format is best.

You'll need to use computer rather than a phone.  Please include the dates, doses and tapers rates of your two previous Lexapro tapers and your current dosage of Lexapro.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

We recommend tapering by no more than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.  So, for example, if you're on 20mg Lexapro, to get a 10% reduction, you multiply the current dose of 20mg by 0.9 and you get 18mg.  You'd hold there for four weeks and if you're feeling stable, you'd multiply your current dose of 18mg by 0.9 to get your next dose, 16.2mg, etc.

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The following link is specifically about tapering Lexapro and includes information on how to get the nonstandard doses you'll need for your taper.  Prescription liquid Lexapro is available in the U.S., and SA recommends this method due to ease of use and accuracy.  Other methods of tapering discussed in the link include making your own liquid and weighing powder from tablets using a digital scale. 

Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thank you for the info. Honestly I feel so overwhelmed and I'm not happy with medical providers (assuming everyone is the same and we all need more drugs)...but yet I am also feeling hopeful.

I did change my signature to the best of my knowledge. 

I was also going to ask you about the Fish Oil. I have had a really bad experience with supplements. I read online that Flaxseed is good for Omega-3's. By chance do you know if this is true? I have been taking it for about 3 weeks now....

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

Flaxseed oil is a very good alternative to fish oil. In fact I prefer it.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• ChessieCat changed the title to Krissyb: 3rd attempt at getting off antidepressants

Help!!! Can't Sleep and I haven't Even Started Tapering

I started on antidepressants about 15 years ago for trouble sleeping. Was on them on and off for about 12 years. Wasn't an anxious/depressed child...and could easily get on and off them.

3 1/2 year ago started having ringing in my ears and took steroids (per Dr. orders) Apparently I am allergic like crazy to steroids!!! I went into a DEEP, non-functional depression. I literally had no idea what was going on. I thought something was "wrong" with my brain. Did CT scan, and all kinds of testing only to find...nothing was "wrong." I got back on antidepressants. Have switched several times since then...Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Sertraline, now back on Lexapro. In the last 3 1/2 years since my steroid incident...I feel like it's always "something" going on with me. I'm now an anxious person, very terrified of loud noises (literally had a panic attack when a lady was popping balloons down the hallway-I thought it was a shooting in our school), irrational thoughts, depression from time to time, can't sleep half the time, ruminating thoughts about stupid stuff. I don't feel like myself at all. I feel like I'm "making it day by day" instead of really enjoying life. 

Outside of my mental stuff, I have a great life. Been teaching for 19 years at my school, great husband, 2 daughters (10 and 8), very close with my family...and I have lots of support from family and even friends (that know how much I struggle...although I try to hide it and act "normal") 

I found this site, and I am very thankful but also scared. I recently switched to taking my pills in the evening and accidentally missed about 4 days in a 8 day period. I wake up every morning at 4 and can't go back to sleep. So annoying...because I NEED my sleep to function. I haven't even started tapering yet....and I'm already having issues. :(

My husband is really good...but I hate burdening him with all my details. I am so stinkin tired and don't see this getting better if I plan to taper.

Did I totally mess things up by switching to pm and missing so many doses? BTW...I felt SOOOOOO good those days I didn't take the medicine. I have tried to get off two times before (within about 6 weeks) felt great during the 6 weeks, then felt like HELL!!! It was way worse than before so I would quickly get back on.

Is there hope for me?!?! Please tell me yes!!! 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

@Krisseyb

You mentioned the following in DavidH888's thread:

"My plan is to do 2.5% each week..with a 2 week hold."  This is the Brassmonkey slide taper. It's an excellent method.   Here's the link:

The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

NOTE TO MODS:

@Gridley

This post has been moved from elsewhere: 

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

@Krisseyb Hi! I'm a former teacher, so we have something in common!

I read your post about sleep issues, and I sympathize. This was the biggest issue for me going through sudden onset of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and taking first Celexa, then Zoloft, which I am currently tapering from.

Like you, I would wake up between 2-4 am and couldn't go back to sleep. That created anxiety about sleep, and pretty soon, I was dreading going to bed. Of course, that didn't help one bit, because then I couldn't fall asleep. It was a vicious cycle.  I tried lots of different stuff: melatonin, magnesium, trazodone, Restoril, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, warm milk, meditation, deep breathing, aspirin, sleep therapy classes, and I even bought an Alpha-Stim electromagnetic unit, which I have since sold because it didn't help. In the end, these were just EXTERNAL bandaids. What helped the most was Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to change my INTERNAL thinking about sleep altogether, and I can say that now, I am sleeping sooooo much better. It took some time and patience, but it's almost back to normal.

So what worked for me in this therapy?

First, I got a good CBT therapist to help me with my general anxiety. That was a huge step in rewiring my brain. Once I got my general life under control, the last remaining problem was the insomnia.

After seeing that meds and pills and supplements weren't helping that much, I knew I had to change my thinking about sleep. I told myself, "I have poor sleep, plain and simple. So what can I do to just DEAL with it rather than FIX it?" My first step was to change my thinking to aim for resting rather than sleeping. If I couldn't get the best sleep, I could at least get the best REST possible. That took a lot of pressure off. I couldn't sleep, but resting I could do! It allowed me to do deep breathing, or listen to relaxing tapes, or do progressive muscle relaxation imagery in bed without worrying if it was going to put me to sleep. If I did drift off and woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, I just started again with the same things....focusing on relaxing rather than sleeping.

Of course, things didn't change right away. I had to deal with feeling tired the next day, because I still wasn't sleeping well. So I switched my focus on my daytime activities, too. Instead of fretting about how tired I was, my philosophy was: "First, do what is necessary. Then do what is possible. Soon, you can do the impossible." Like you, I had days where I was just getting through and not really living. But I always thought it could change if I were patient enough. If each day was a tiny bit better, I could deal with the setbacks better. I cut myself some slack about how crappy my sleep was the night before and how I was dragging during the day. I did what I could, and I also made sure to do a 15 minute quiet meditation during the day, just to get my brain and body used to being still.

I also discovered two things through sleep research:

1. you probably don't need as much sleep as you THINK you do. We are told we need 8 hours, or we can't function well. That's not true....some people do very well on 5 hours. I discovered I'm OK with 6 hours. Once I changed my thinking about how much I really needed, that took a lot of pressure off.

2. you are probably getting more sleep than you THINK you are. I tried to track my sleep, but couldn't do it accurately. Besides, it just made me more anxious! So I don't recommend trying to watch the clock or use a sleep tracker (they are not always accurate, and will make you obsessive about sleep. Not good.) I decided to quit counting the amount of sleep I was getting and focus on how I was feeling and functioning each day regardless of the sleep. My brain was not constantly telling me, "You had a crappy night's sleep. Your day is going to be crap, too." Instead, my mind could say, "OK, I don't know how much sleep I really got, and I'm a little tired today, but I'm actually not that bad. What can I do today? First, do what is necessary.....etc." Once again, this took the pressure off.

The CBT and the two things above really got rid of the fear of sleep and insomnia. That's what keeps you awake is the fear, and you mentioned you are scared. 

I really believe that as my Zoloft dose gets lower, my normal sleep is being restored. My body likes less medication, and I am now actually sleeping much better! It took quite a while, and my sleep isn't perfect, but it's much, much better. I'm happy with being able to get into bed and not working myself up about whether or not I will sleep, because I know that all I have to do is rest. My brain is now in the habit of focusing on plain relaxation, and as a result, the sleep just seems to take care of itself.

I am leery of taking medications for sleep, but here are my recommendations based on my experience below.

Melatonin - if you try this, do a very low dose, like .3mg. If you take it too long, your body can lose the ability to manufacture its own. This didn't work for me, anyway.

Magnesium - can be good for relaxation if taken before bed. But there are many different types, so look into them first. Magnesium Glycinate is supposed to be the best for sleep, but it didn't work for me. I used a different type, but I have recently quit taking this, and have discovered my sleep is about the same with it or without it.

Benadryl - I use this only when I have had more than two nights in a row of really bad sleep. And I only take 1/2 of a 25 mg pill. The bottle says to take two pills (50 mg), but that made me groggy the next day, and it was almost worse than not having slept. Half a pill helps me get to sleep. I limited myself to taking it no more than twice a week.

Tylenol PM and others like it - this is just Benadryl + Acetamenophin, so if you don't need a pain killer, skip this and just take Benadryl.\

Well this turned out to be pretty long! Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Celexa - 20 mg May 2015 - March 2016 (Felt quite good)..... Celexa taper from May 2016 - Nov 2016.....Completely off by Nov. 2016.

Depression and Anxiety returned June 2017

July, 2017: Zoloft = 25 mg;  Aug. 2017 = 37.5 mg; Nov. 2017 = 50 mg thru Jan. 23, 2018.

Jan. 2018 - May 6, 2019 = taper Zoloft from 50 mg to 12.5 mg.  Aug. 11, 2019 - felt so bad that I reinstated at 25mg. Hold at this dose until Feb. 3, 2020

Feb. 4, 2020 = reduce dose to 21.875 mg. Hold for 10 weeks. April 14, 2020 = 18.75 mg. Hold for 10 weeks.  

June10, 2020 - start cycle of 2 weeks to taper slowly from old dose to new dose, then hold at new dose for 6 weeks.

June 23, 2020  = 16.66 mg.........August 26, 2020 = 14.75 mg ....... October 28, 2020 = 13.15 mg

2021: Jan. 1 = 11.85 mg....Feb. 26 = 10.5 mg....April 23 = 9.3 mg....June 12 = 8.33 mg.... Aug. 7 = 7.05 mg.....Oct. 9 = 6.08 mg.....Dec. 4 = 5.12 mg......Jan. 21, 2022 = 4.16mg.....Mar. 26 = 3.20mg......May 7 = 1.92mg....June 11 = 1.6mg.....July 23= 1.28 mg.....Aug. 13 = 0.96 mg.....Sept. 1 =O mg.

@Artistic1

OH MY GOSH!!! You don't know what it means to me for you to respond to me. As I am reading through....I am like YES that's me. YES that's me too!!! 

18 hours ago, Artistic1 said:

That created anxiety about sleep, and pretty soon, I was dreading going to bed.

I have been at this point in my sleeping before...thankfully I am not there currently...but I know exactly what you mean. Have been there MANY times!!!

18 hours ago, Artistic1 said:

First, I got a good CBT therapist to help me with my general anxiety. That was a huge step in rewiring my brain. Once I got my general life under control, the last remaining problem was the insomnia.

I have recently started seeing an EMDR therapist. Originally it was to help with my "Spring Break 2017 Steroid" incident....(was very fearful of going back "there" sometime in my life) but since I have been able to work on some other things also....sleep being one of them. I feel like sleep is my biggest enemy. That is exactly what I'm working on...rewiring my brain. Have you ever heard of EMDR?

19 hours ago, Artistic1 said:

So what can I do to just DEAL with it rather than FIX it?" My first step was to change my thinking to aim for resting rather than sleeping. If I couldn't get the best sleep, I could at least get the best REST possible. That took a lot of pressure off.

I think that's been my problem for years now. I want to FIX IT!!! It can't be fixed I don't think....but it can be managed. And honestly...I don't know why I get so mad if I have to lay there in bed. Secretly...it's one of my favorite things to do. I LOVE to lay in my bed...even if I can't sleep, (like sometimes on Saturday mornings) I love to just lay there and cuddle w/my husband. Or sometimes I get up and go lay with one of my girls in their bed. I love laying with them...so why do I get all worked up that I can't sleep. Someday they will not be there, so I should take advantage and crawl in bed with them when I can. ;)

1. you probably don't need as much sleep as you THINK you do. We are told we need 8 hours, or we can't function well. That's not true....some people do very well on 5 hours. I discovered I'm OK with 6 hours. Once I changed my thinking about how much I really needed, that took a lot of pressure off.

2. you are probably getting more sleep than you THINK you are. I tried to track my sleep, but couldn't do it accurately. Besides, it just made me more anxious! So I don't recommend trying to watch the clock or use a sleep tracker (they are not always accurate, and will make you obsessive about sleep. Not good.) I decided to quit counting the amount of sleep I was getting and focus on how I was feeling and functioning each day regardless of the sleep. My brain was not constantly telling me, "You had a crappy night's sleep. Your day is going to be crap, too." Instead, my mind could say, "OK, I don't know how much sleep I really got, and I'm a little tired today, but I'm actually not that bad. What can I do today? First, do what is necessary.....etc." Once again, this took the pressure off.

OH MY GOSH TO ALL OF THIS. YES, YES, YES!!! I think you're right....I focus so much on I HAVE TO GET 8 HOURS!!! And yes...I am probably getting more sleep than I realize....and I've learned I can't even look at the clock at all in the middle of the night. That causes way too much anxiety!!! And YESSSS!!! My brain was totally telling me, you slept bad...so you're gonna have a bad day. EXACTLY!!! I really think if I can change my thinking.....I will be so much better off...and that's where the therapy is coming in. She mentioned something about doing a "target" (she calls them targets...) of not getting 8 hours of sleep. Basically having my brain make new connections of "it's okay that I didn't get 8 hours of sleep"

I really believe that as my Zoloft dose gets lower, my normal sleep is being restored. My body likes less medication, and I am now actually sleeping much better! It took quite a while, and my sleep isn't perfect, but it's much, much better. I'm happy with being able to get into bed and not working myself up about whether or not I will sleep, because I know that all I have to do is rest. My brain is now in the habit of focusing on plain relaxation, and as a result, the sleep just seems to take care of itself.

I am SOOO happy you are at this point. I long for the day where I can get back to the old me.....And as far as the stuff to help sleep...Melatonin works really good for me. I've seen that people say .3mg and I'm not sure why....why is that the magic number? And I can't do benadryl....my body has the exact opposite reaction. Ugh!!! And I have never tried the magnesium.... honestly I'm super scared to take anything new. Took some supplements this summer...and it took a toll on my mental state. I guess I can try really small amounts of magnesium if the melatonin doesn't work.

I just wanted to tell you thank you SO MUCH for your message. I feel like this is kindof an uphill battle, but it's nice seeing other people going through the same thing. It's nice knowing people that are ahead of me on this journey. I can see that if they can do it, and stick with it, so can I. :)

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

@Krisseyb I LOVE your attitude! I think you have a good grasp on seeing things clearly and what might be required to help yourself. So keep it up!

Yes, I've heard of EMDR. Even tried it in a couple of sessions, but it wasn't the type of therapy I needed. If it works for you, stick with it.

You said:  I feel like this is kind of an uphill battle, but it's nice seeing other people going through the same thing. It's nice knowing people that are ahead of me on this journey. I can see that if they can do it, and stick with it, so can I. :)

That is exactly what helped me on this group! I printed out some of the success stories and would read over them when I needed a lift. Seeing other people get through worse situations than mine was soooo helpful and hopeful. So hang in there!

Feel free to share with me any time. Nothing I like better than giving advice. HA HA!! 

Best wishes. 🌻

Celexa - 20 mg May 2015 - March 2016 (Felt quite good)..... Celexa taper from May 2016 - Nov 2016.....Completely off by Nov. 2016.

Depression and Anxiety returned June 2017

July, 2017: Zoloft = 25 mg;  Aug. 2017 = 37.5 mg; Nov. 2017 = 50 mg thru Jan. 23, 2018.

Jan. 2018 - May 6, 2019 = taper Zoloft from 50 mg to 12.5 mg.  Aug. 11, 2019 - felt so bad that I reinstated at 25mg. Hold at this dose until Feb. 3, 2020

Feb. 4, 2020 = reduce dose to 21.875 mg. Hold for 10 weeks. April 14, 2020 = 18.75 mg. Hold for 10 weeks.  

June10, 2020 - start cycle of 2 weeks to taper slowly from old dose to new dose, then hold at new dose for 6 weeks.

June 23, 2020  = 16.66 mg.........August 26, 2020 = 14.75 mg ....... October 28, 2020 = 13.15 mg

2021: Jan. 1 = 11.85 mg....Feb. 26 = 10.5 mg....April 23 = 9.3 mg....June 12 = 8.33 mg.... Aug. 7 = 7.05 mg.....Oct. 9 = 6.08 mg.....Dec. 4 = 5.12 mg......Jan. 21, 2022 = 4.16mg.....Mar. 26 = 3.20mg......May 7 = 1.92mg....June 11 = 1.6mg.....July 23= 1.28 mg.....Aug. 13 = 0.96 mg.....Sept. 1 =O mg.

@Artistic1

Thank you soooo  much! Means more to me than you will ever know!! I love the idea of printing success stories...that way they are right here when I need them. 💖

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

Hi Krissey-- I'm moving our conversation here from the PMs we've been exchanging. This will be a better place for asking questions and keeping a record of what is talked about. Also we will get input from other members that can be quite helpful. I've copied my last PM to you to start things rolling.

"This is very good. Yes you have a 1:1 solution, that will make it a lot easier to measure out your doses. For right now I would suggest getting both a 10mL and a 1mL syringe. That way you can make the bigger measurements with the big one and fine tune them with the smaller one. When we get down to the really small doses there are a number of options, but that's not for a while yet so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not a good idea to just stop taking the tablets and start taking the liquid. The body can react a little differently to the liquid and the shock sometimes causes problems. It is best to do a "cross taper" between the two. 

I think it about time to continue this on your introduction thread. You'll have a better record of things there and we can get the input from other mods that can be helpful. We can start talking about the cross taper there."

Our link on cross tapering seems to be evading me ATM, but we'll get that caught up soon.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus
9 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Our link on cross tapering seems to be evading me ATM, but we'll get that caught up soon.

I don't manage to find a specific link either, but hope this quote from Grindley can help :

" Our general recommendation for a crossover, whether from new brand to old brand generic or tablet to liquid is:

3/4 old, 1/4 new for 3 to 7 days 
1/2 old, 1/2 new for 3 to 7 days
1/4 old, 3/4 new for 3 to 7 days
all new thereafter

Stay at the same dose during the crossover period. "

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

@brassmonkey

Thank you! Totally makes sense.

Can anyone help for me to cross taper from 10mg Lexapro to the liquid? My body is pretty sensitive to medicines....which is really frustrating..but I'm ready to start this journey. I am planning on doing the BMS, with a 2 week hold (unless someone recommends longer) and I have it printed out to help stay on course.

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

Sorry. @Erell just saw that you did post. Then I couldn't figure out how to delete. ;)
I started the message, got busy....then finished and sent. Then realized you answered my question. 

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

I welcome you to SA too. I am also in escitalopram reduction. I would definitely recommend starting with a 2.5% reduction, so it turns out how much you can reduce so to speak, so what can you do. endurance.

2023.01.27 1,6 mg 2023.01.29 1,5 mg 2023.02.27 1,35 mg 2023.03.30 1,2 mg 2023.04.18 1,1 mg 04,26 1,05 mg 2023.01.26 1,05 mg 2023.02.27 .27 .20. .21 0,8 mg 2023.07.14 0,65 mg 2023.08.20 0,45 mg 2023.09.20 0,25 mg 2023.11.14 000000000!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, Krisseyb said:

Sorry. @Erell just saw that you did post. Then I couldn't figure out how to delete. ;)
I started the message, got busy....then finished and sent. Then realized you answered my question. 

No problem Krisseyb 😊

And I don't think you can delete a post.

Wish you a nice evening 

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is where I need to post this. I am learning more about how to use this site.... ;)

I am currently cross tapering to liquid Lexapro. I am taking it suuuuper slow, because I didn't want to cause a reaction before I even started tapering. (Like 9 days each time I take more liquid and less pill)

Anyways...I want to be totally ready to go when the time comes to start reduction.

I feel like my hormones play a HUGE part in my anxiety/mental health. When I got off birth control 3 years ago (it was about the same time I tried to get off AD) it was pretty bad!! I got back on AD, but never got back on Birth Control. 
I guess what I'm wondering is since I am about to start tapering....should I get back on BC? I would love to have the least amount of WD that I possibly can!! I really don't want on another prescription...but would it be best for me to get on BC until after I am totally off AD?
Also, I would love to connect w/someone else who is about to start their journey. I have been reading through Intro's today to see....any suggestions on someone I can go down this road with? 

Thanks in advance! And thanks for helping!!! I am nervous but so ready to really enjoy life and feel like myself again! 

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Krisseyb said:

I am currently cross tapering to liquid Lexapro.

Generally cross tapering is the term used when changing drugs also know as bridging or switching where one drug is decreased and the other increased.

Generally the term cross over is used for changing form of the drug, which could be tablet/capsule to liquid, or tablet to powdered tablet etc.

but would it be best for me to get on BC until after I am totally off AD?

It's up to you whether you choose to take birth control or not.  However, if you do decide to commence BC it would be best to only make one change at a time.  So you would hold on your taper whilst establishing the BC.

BC has nothing to do with withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms happen when the psychiatric drug to which the brain has adapted is removed too quickly and the brain tries to balance things out (regain homeostasis).

You may want to consider timing your reductions to a particular time in your cycle.  I don't have to do that, but I make my reduction on a Saturday to give me a couple/few days before returning to work.

aligning-tapering-to-menstrual-cycle

I would love to have the least amount of WD that I possibly can!!

I've been successfully tapering following SA's tapering protocol (no more than 10%, holding for at least 4 weeks), listening to my body/symptoms and holding as needed.  I started at 100mg Pristiq and I'm dropping to 0.5mg tomorrow.  Except for the start of my taper which was a bit rocky because I was trying to reduce my dose quickly because of mild serotonin syndrome, the rest of my taper has been going well and I've only experience minimal withdrawal symptoms.

See:

WDnormal

Some things to be aware of:

Some members find that the lower their dose gets the slower they need to go, reducing less and/or holding longer.  This topic explains why this might be the case: 

Why taper paper: dose-occupancy curves

And I'm giving you this information so you have it if you need it in the future - a gentler taper method if you need to slow down:

Brass Monkey Slide

If you are sick or going through a stressful time, job change, moving, relationship issues, sickness/death of relative/friend/pet, it is a good idea to hold.  Even good stress can increase withdrawal symptoms.  Some members hold over the Christmas period.

Do your research BEFORE taking anything, especially drugs.  Do a drug interaction check, side effects etc.

There are many existing topics on this site.  Use a search engine and add site:survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

Only make one change at a time and if introducing anything new try a small dose to see how it affects you.

It's a good idea not to drink alcohol.  Some members eliminate caffeine (which includes cola and energy drinks).  I drink decaf.

Getting your doses as consistent as possible and taking it at about the same time each day.

SA strongly encourages members to learn and use:

Non-drug techniques to cope

It's important not to jump off from too high a dose.  SA suggests trying to get down to 0.00xgms

When to end the taper and jump to zero?

ollie-ollie-oxen-free-managing-the-endgame-taper

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@ChessieCat totally makes sense. I think I might wait on the BC, and just see how things go. And then if I need to hold on the taper and add BC in, I can. I like the idea of making reductions around my cycle. I'm telling you.....EVERYTHING is covered on this forum. I feel so confident moving forward knowing I have help and support even though I don't really know anyone here. ;)

That's awesome that you are down to .5!!!!!! It makes it hopeful for those of us that are about to get started. And it's so nice to know that there are some people with tolerable symptoms. I read some of the stuff people go through and freak out just a tad. haha! But no matter what...I'm going through with this. I don't want the other alternative....staying on these drugs for the rest of my life. 

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

Hi Krissy,

You asked a question on Erell’s thread.  DP means depersonalization, and DR means derealization.  They are odd mental states that often occur during withdrawal (WD) and post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS).  There might be a glossy of abbreviations here somewhere.  Hopefully, you won’t ever experience either one.

I’m glad you found my message to Erell helpful.  I have a little girl who is 9.  This has been very hard on both of us and my family.  So, I know what you are going through. I used to have to go to bed at 7:30 or 8 pm in order to get enough sleep, because I would wake up at 4:30 or 5:00.  I had cut way back on everything I did around the house and simplify everything.  You will get through this, but you will gradually learn how to do less, avoid stress, and take care of yourself.  Your girls will learn how to be more independent and how to give back.  So, it’s not all bad, but it’s a hard transition.  Then you will gradually add things back in.

I found birth control to impact my mind and body quite a bit.  I gave up on it when I was about 25.  I used barrier methods and Plan B when ever there was an problem with that.  I think it’s wise to hold off until you feel far fewer symptoms of WD.  

You should also be aware of adrenaline based numbing agents at the dentist — make sure you tell the dentist you cannot have those.  He or she will have an alternative.  

Another pitfall is taking certain antibiotics.  Frequently, they cause problems for people taking antidepressants and even people who don’t.  Having a brain injury from them is called being “floxxed.”  Cipro is one of them.  They are in the fluoroquinalone antibiotic class, and there are more than 60 generic versions in addition to name brands.  Take a look at the FDA info about them.

You have found an amazing resource here at SA.  Anything you consider putting in your body — you will find someone here who has an opinion about or experience with it.  Just type into google “surviving antidepressants” and the name of whatever it is, such as “levaquin,” and you will get links.

Good luck - Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

18 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I have a little girl who is 9.  This has been very hard on both of us and my family.  So, I know what you are going through

@Rosetta I am so thankful so far for the other people on this site!!! Although we are different, and live in diff parts of the world...we are all struggling with the same thing. It's crazy, because I don't like what I've gone through for the last how-many-ever years-but yet I am thankful because I see small blessings all the time (that I probably wouldn't have noticed before)

I found birth control to impact my mind and body quite a bit.  I gave up on it when I was about 25.  I used barrier methods and Plan B when ever there was an problem with that.  I think it’s wise to hold off until you feel far fewer symptoms of WD.  

Actually I think birth control helps me...because it levels my hormones out...but honestly I don't want to get on them. I'm not worried about getting pregnant, because my husband got snipped ;) a few years back. But, I really don't want to be on any more meds than I have to. I'm thinking I might wait at this point and see how withdrawal goes at the first...then make a decision.

You should also be aware of adrenaline based numbing agents at the dentist — make sure you tell the dentist you cannot have those.  He or she will have an alternative.  

Another pitfall is taking certain antibiotics.  Frequently, they cause problems for people taking antidepressants and even people who don’t.  Having a brain injury from them is called being “floxxed.”  Cipro is one of them.  They are in the fluoroquinalone antibiotic class, and there are more than 60 generic versions in addition to name brands.  Take a look at the FDA info about them.

I'm so glad you mentioned something about this! Haven't even thought about the dentist scenario. 

And I am actually going to get a colonoscopy in a couple weeks (I've had a small pain in my lower right abdomen and colon cancer runs in our family) so I thought I would just go get checked....even though I'm only 42. I'm not nervous about the procedure, honestly I'm more scared about what they will give me to knock me out. What are your thoughts on that? Or if it's nothing and they give me antibiotics...I've already thought about that. I really don't want them. 

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Here's SA's topic:

colonoscopy

If it were me, I wouldn’t get a colonoscopy.  They give you drugs that affect your brain quite a bit.  The drug is kind of like roofies.  You won’t remember anything, and you can’t drive home.  Really not what your brain needs right now.

It’s a bigger risk for you to get cancer than it is for me, but maybe you could get another test that doesn’t require drugs.  Try to find out if you could get a test on feces.  That’s something new — a test they do after you are 50, but if you have a family history and ask for it, you might get the doctor to agree.  I guess they look at them under a microscope or something.  I’m not sure, but the doctors keep pestering me to mail a sample to them.  I don’t even have to go to the office.

BC léveled my moods out, too, until it didn’t.  I can’t be sure BC was the problem, of course. However, once you are in WD anything can be a problem.  If you won’t get pregnant, BC is not worth the risk, in my opinion.  Anything that changes your moods is potentially problematic.  That is not even taking into account all the other risks of BC during your 40s.

Hang in there.  This is all new and scary to you.  You will start to understand and become more comfortable eventually.  It’s a lot to take in at first.  It really is.

💜Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Thank you @ChessieCat and @Rosetta!!!! I will definitely read through the Colonoscopy forum and will definitely ask about the other way to test. Yes!!! This is a lot to take in!! ;)

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Mentor

@Krisseyb welcome to SA! Glad you are here! This is the best place to be to taper these drugs. I too am in a lexapro taper. I transferred to liquid also a few months ago. I feel more secure now in tapering. Also 10% a month is a general rule not exact science. So listen to your body! You can go as slow as you want! Slow and steady! The moderators on here will guide you as you go and we are all here to support you! 

2000-2013 Paxil - 1 year fast taper

2013-2018 merry go round
zoloft, cymbalta, lamictal, Prozac.

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Oct 2020 reinstated to 9 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

@Heath Thank you! I literally just posted on your forum. ;)
It's so nice to know that others are going through the same thing here!!!! And that everyone here UNDERSTANDS!! And it's nice to know others that are tapering the same medicine as me. 

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I'm ready to be off this stuff, but don't want to rush through life either!! So I'm just trying to enjoy the best I can each day! 

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Mentor

@Krisseyb have you already transferred to liquid?

2013-2018 merry go round

Nov. 2018 lexapro 15 mgs, Dec. 2019 to Mar. 2020 taper to 10mg. Jul 2020 to October 2020 taper to 8.5 ml.
Apr 2021 to Jul  taper to 7ml. Oct 2021 to Jan 2022 taper to 5.9ml, Mar 5 2022 5.8 ml, Mar 12 5.7ml, Mar 20 5.6ml, Mar 27 5.5ml, April 23 5.4ml, April 30 5.3ml, May 7 5.2ml,  Jul 9 2022 5.4ml, 

Klonopin prn, Allegra 180 for 3 seasons, aspirin 81 mg, plavix , nitroglycerin 0.4 mg prn, 2k mg  turmeric Qunol, 4- Trader Joe’s omega 3 -2400 mg, Pepcid 20mg,  Prilosec 40 mg, Tylenol arthritis 4 tablets daily, 350mg calm magnesium citrate, melatonin 2.5- 5mg as needed to sleep. Saline spray as needed. 

On 12/2/2020 at 3:40 PM, Krisseyb said:

I'm about to start my taper on Lexapro. I am totally switched over to the liquid....but I'm thinking of maybe waiting til after the Holidays...because I feel pretty good right now. Really want to enjoy Christmas w/my family!

@Krisseyb

That sounds like a great idea to start after the holidays! There is no need to rush and it just gives your body a little more time to adjust to the liquid.

Enjoy them since you are feeling pretty good.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Edited by Shep
fixed quote box

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

@Heath Sorry! Just getting the chance to get on here and check notifications. Been a super busy week and weekend. Guess that's good, huh?
Yes...I have totally switched over to liquid. And after taking liquid form....10ml (10 mg) I feel like it's so much! Ugh! How did I ever let myself take that stuff to begin with. Almost sickens me each time I swallow that liquid. But...I don't want the alternative of CT. :(

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

• Mentor

@Krisseyb yes yes that’s exactly what I said 😂 when I switched to liquid. I was like dang that’s too much! And the taste good grief! But I eventually got used to it. If they would have given me liquid when I first started this poison I probably would’ve have not started it! That little pill makes it so easy for folks to get stuck on it. 

2013-2018 merry go round

@Heath YES!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!! "It's just one little pill......"     Ugh!!! :(

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

Krissey I wish you success! We are neighbors, I live in Granbury! 

Lucy

Paxil  07/1997 - 10/1998 Quit CT  

Neurontin, topamax, trazadone,  ssri AD (don't remember which one) 12/1998 - 06/1999 CT everything

Eflexor Xanax  04/2000 -08/2000 CT  ***01/2008-05/2013 on/off lexapro, lamictalseroquelsaphris, pristiq  Start/Stop CT at intervals 

Zoloft 200 mg 07/2013  WD 04/3/20 - 04/8/20 Quit

Seroquel 800 mg 07/2013 2013 *400 mg 07/2019  *** WD 04/15/2020 - 06/19/20 Quit

Ambien 10 mg 07/2013  WD 5 mg 04/29/2020, 2.5 mg 12/24/20, 1.66 mg 01/21/2021, 1.25 mg 02/16/2021 *** 02/22/2021 Quit

Xanax  2 mg prn 07/2013 - 04/23/20 Quit CT

Lamictal 150 mg 07/2013 WD 05/06/20 -06/11/2020 Quit

Propranolol 03/21/2020 - 04/20/2020 Quit CT

Hydroxyzine  12/14/2020 - 12/27/20 Quit

Allegra 24 hr 01/11/21 Flonase Nasal Spray 01/11/21

Magnesium Glycinate 100mg x3 daily D3 5000iu daily 

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing? @Krisseyb🌻

July 19th 2017—July 2018: 10 mg Escitalopram

August 2018— June 2020: 5 mg Escitalopram

Tapering started: June 2020—1st of August. Lowest dose was 5 mg (5 mg every second day for a couple of weeks, then 5 mg twice a week for a couple of weeks, and lastly 5 mg once a week until I stopped)

Drug free: August 1st, 2020

Supplements: Magnesium citrate 2x200 mg and Omega3 – 2x1000 mg.

• 2 weeks later...

@KingfisherGosh!!! I've been doing soooo good!!! Although I haven't started the taper yet. I'm in a really good, stable place to begin taper this weekend. I am a teacher....so I wanted to enjoy the holidays, then begin tapering the first of the year. I'm a little nervous...but just try to not let myself think of the "what-if's." I'll handle it as it comes.

How are you???? :)

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg

@Lucy1983 Yes!!!! We are neighbors!!! I was there last week at your HEB!! I LOVE that place!!! :)

How are you doing?

2022 March 3.63 mg

2022 July 2.65 mg

2022 November 1.96 mg

2023 February 1.48 mg

2023 August .90 mg