Manati: Effexor-withdrawal - in need of help, please!

Manati

• Administrator

Do you feel better or worse after you take these 2 beads?

On 6/12/2021 at 4:15 AM, Manati said:

adverse reactions can have severe long term effects independent from withdrawal.

How does this apply to your taking 2 beads of venlafaxine?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you for your response. I can't identify a clear difference after taking it. I suspect that my system first rejected it (akathisia and insomnia set in after the reinstatement), then got used to it. It blocked the feelings of anxiety straight away, that's why I continued taking the beads. The emotional anesthesia set in a little later. I'm worried I might harm my CNS even further by taking it longer.

23 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you feel better or worse after you take these 2 beads?

How does this apply to your taking 2 beads of venlafaxine?

Fluoxetine (Prozac) (25mg?) from December 2002 - November 2005 for anxiety/depression

Effexor (Venlafaxine) Retard (75mg) due to Panic attacks from November 2005 until around May 2020 when I started tapering off from 75mg to about 33mg in September. Accidentially missed a dose and naively went cold turkey from around 33mg to zero on 26th of September. Hell broke loose in early December.

25th December: Reinstated Venlafaxine with one bead (0.3/0.4mg) in the evening, proceeding with two beads (0.7/0.8mg)

since 5th January: 3 beads of Venlafaxine daily and nothing else except fish oil and magnesium. No changes in daily routine

15th January - 17th January: 4 beads of Venlafaxine

since 18th January: back to 3 beads of Venlafaxine due to extreme agitation, introduced Ashwaghanda supplement.

Since 23. January: introduced Lyrica to help with sleep/jerks keeping me awake: updosed from 4mg to 8mg.

Since February: 700mg Valerian and 2mg Melatonin for sleep

March: tapering Lyrica again due to side effects.

April: down to 2 beads of Venlafaxine

17th October: Off everything. Braindead, apathetic/anhedonic Zombie.

• 6 months later...

Reinstating destroyed my life, people please think thrice about reinstating once you're in acute withdrawal and 3 months out!

Fluoxetine (Prozac) (25mg?) from December 2002 - November 2005 for anxiety/depression

Effexor (Venlafaxine) Retard (75mg) due to Panic attacks from November 2005 until around May 2020 when I started tapering off from 75mg to about 33mg in September. Accidentially missed a dose and naively went cold turkey from around 33mg to zero on 26th of September. Hell broke loose in early December.

25th December: Reinstated Venlafaxine with one bead (0.3/0.4mg) in the evening, proceeding with two beads (0.7/0.8mg)

since 5th January: 3 beads of Venlafaxine daily and nothing else except fish oil and magnesium. No changes in daily routine

since 18th January: back to 3 beads of Venlafaxine due to extreme agitation, introduced Ashwaghanda supplement.

Since 23. January: introduced Lyrica to help with sleep/jerks keeping me awake: updosed from 4mg to 8mg.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Manati: Effexor-withdrawal - in need of help, please!

Manati, I have thought about you and hoped you were doing better. I’m so sorry and send you lots of support and a hug. If you need to talk I am here. 

Zoloft 100mg - June 2015-April 2018 - 2 month taper, had extreme antsiness (different from my normal anxiety) previously said 25mg, was wrong

Xanax 0.25-0.5mg - Aug 2018- Dec 2020 - Rarely took, probably less than every other month. Over 2020 holidays took 0.5mg 5-6times

Escitalopram 10mg - Aug 2018 - Nov 2020 - tapered over 5 months:

June 25 2020 - Aug 14 2020 - Can't remember what I did but assuming it was 5mg this whole time.

Aug 14 2020 - Oct 24th 2020?? - 2.5mg for awhile, then every 27 hrs. Kept trying to extend length of hrs, up to 36. This is where symptoms got bad but I was able to tolerate as it was more fatigue and irritability.

Oct 25 2020 - mid Nov 2020 - 1.25mg every 24-36 hours, then ct. These are estimates because I was cutting the pills and this is 1/8 of 10mg but by now, it was dust. Tried just having the dust toward the end.

Dec 27 2020 major crying spells and depressive, empty/hopeless feeling dead thoughts. Had a couple ok days, a couple really bad ones a week out.

Reinstated liquid Escitalopram 0.15mg - Jan 12 2021  -  Mar 5 2021 - 0.14mg. Mar 16 2021 - 2.5mg. Mar 17 2021 - 5mg. May 21 2021 - 4.8mg. May 28 2021 4.6mg. Jun 9 2021 4.5mg. Jul 7 4mg. Aug 7 2021 3.6mg. Sep 7 2021 3.2mg. Oct 7 2021 2.8mg. Nov 5 2021 2.45mg. Dec 6 2021 2.2mg. Jan 22 2022 2mg. Feb 13 2022 1.9mg. Mar 2 2022 1.8mg. Mar 18 2022 1.7mg. Apr 5 2022 1.6mg. Apr 22 2022 1.5mg. May 13 2022 1.34mg. Jun 16 2022 1.2mg. Jul 16 2022 1.08mg. Aug 13 2022 .97mg. Sep 11 2022 .87mg. Sep 21 2022 .8mg. Sep 27 2022 .7mg. Oct 8 .6mg. Oct 20 .5mg. Nov 1 .4mg. Nov 13 .34mg. Nov 17 .3mg. Nov 24 .24mg. Nov 30 .18mg. Dec 7 .14mg. Dec 8 .12mg. Dec .1mg. Dec 19 .06mg. Dec 24 .02mg. Dec 31 0mg!!

Fluoxetine bridge - Mar 31 2021 - 10mg. Still on this

Reinstated BC (Nuvaring) - Feb 21 2021. 

5 hours ago, tryingtosurvive330 said:

Manati, I have thought about you and hoped you were doing better. I’m so sorry and send you lots of support and a hug. If you need to talk I am here. 

Thank you so much for your kind words! 💜 I didn't post anymore because I don't want to drag everyone down. I'm off everything but stuck with complete emotional anesthesia/anhedonia/apathy ever since reinstating, feeling buried alive. From my research on this site, this is likely a permanent state, and I really can't imagine living like that. I think I've lost the battle. I hope you are doing better, you seem to be doing okayish on your current dose of Lexapro? I think with exception of PSSD and emotional anesthesia symptoms usually get better over time and you have a good chance of recovery after getting off of it. I'm also glad to read that you finally quit your high pressure job! Thank you again and sending you a hug back!

I feel stable and my body feels calm now, not at all like before. And I have been getting sleep! Now getting to the place where it might be too much, though, napping during the day and to avoid life. So I have much to work on.

I don't know if we talked about this and I wouldn't want you to feel any worse than you do, but did you ever think of reinstating to a more regular dose of venlafaxine? I know you were taking a few beads and I don't know how much is in a capsule, but for me I didn't feel good at all doing a micro dose reinstatement. I think I only felt better when I went to a half dose, and I started tapering off of that. I only did it because I connected with one of the doctors recommended on here and he said in the state I was in, I needed to give my body the drug that I took away. I know I was so afraid to reinstate due to all the stories on here and the possibility that any more would trigger an adverse reaction - but for me personally I think my body did not register the micro dose as anything at all. At the time the main goal was just to feel any bit better. You have powered through so much and you deserve some relief! I know this would be a last resort. That's what it felt like for me, a last resort. But after all these months I am getting back small parts of myself. I'm sure you've considered it, but maybe take a little time to game out some options? I so wish you felt better. it's a long time to deal with those symptoms!

Zoloft 100mg - June 2015-April 2018 - 2 month taper, had extreme antsiness (different from my normal anxiety) previously said 25mg, was wrong

Xanax 0.25-0.5mg - Aug 2018- Dec 2020 - Rarely took, probably less than every other month. Over 2020 holidays took 0.5mg 5-6times

Escitalopram 10mg - Aug 2018 - Nov 2020 - tapered over 5 months:

June 25 2020 - Aug 14 2020 - Can't remember what I did but assuming it was 5mg this whole time.

Aug 14 2020 - Oct 24th 2020?? - 2.5mg for awhile, then every 27 hrs. Kept trying to extend length of hrs, up to 36. This is where symptoms got bad but I was able to tolerate as it was more fatigue and irritability.

Oct 25 2020 - mid Nov 2020 - 1.25mg every 24-36 hours, then ct. These are estimates because I was cutting the pills and this is 1/8 of 10mg but by now, it was dust. Tried just having the dust toward the end.

Dec 27 2020 major crying spells and depressive, empty/hopeless feeling dead thoughts. Had a couple ok days, a couple really bad ones a week out.

Reinstated liquid Escitalopram 0.15mg - Jan 12 2021  -  Mar 5 2021 - 0.14mg. Mar 16 2021 - 2.5mg. Mar 17 2021 - 5mg. May 21 2021 - 4.8mg. May 28 2021 4.6mg. Jun 9 2021 4.5mg. Jul 7 4mg. Aug 7 2021 3.6mg. Sep 7 2021 3.2mg. Oct 7 2021 2.8mg. Nov 5 2021 2.45mg. Dec 6 2021 2.2mg. Jan 22 2022 2mg. Feb 13 2022 1.9mg. Mar 2 2022 1.8mg. Mar 18 2022 1.7mg. Apr 5 2022 1.6mg. Apr 22 2022 1.5mg. May 13 2022 1.34mg. Jun 16 2022 1.2mg. Jul 16 2022 1.08mg. Aug 13 2022 .97mg. Sep 11 2022 .87mg. Sep 21 2022 .8mg. Sep 27 2022 .7mg. Oct 8 .6mg. Oct 20 .5mg. Nov 1 .4mg. Nov 13 .34mg. Nov 17 .3mg. Nov 24 .24mg. Nov 30 .18mg. Dec 7 .14mg. Dec 8 .12mg. Dec .1mg. Dec 19 .06mg. Dec 24 .02mg. Dec 31 0mg!!

Fluoxetine bridge - Mar 31 2021 - 10mg. Still on this

Reinstated BC (Nuvaring) - Feb 21 2021. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Manati

No you're state is not permanent, I know it is agonizing, but it will all likely resolve if you take care of you're body and don't take any drugs. So don't loose hope the body gets back to homeostasis, and you will feel normal again. But it can take time. 

Meditate a bit, I find it very helpful. :))) 

Much love to you. 

Greetings 

Kosta

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 6:27 AM, kostakonkordia said:

@Manati

No you're state is not permanent, I know it is agonizing, but it will all likely resolve if you take care of you're body and don't take any drugs. So don't loose hope the body gets back to homeostasis, and you will feel normal again. But it can take time. 

Much love to you. 

Greetings 

Kosta

@kostakonkordia thank you so much for your encouraging words - it is so kind of you to reach out to me!! 💜 I'm just so terribly discouraged by following the stories of others on here - it seems that hardly anyone who has posted in the 'apathy, anhedonia & emotional anesthesia' thread has ever recovered, even after many years. I wrote to so many of them and read through everyones history.. The very few people that have recovered seem to be the ones that were suffering from it while on their drug (like @Happy2Heal or @brassmonkey ), and then improved within months after being off of it, or after experiencing it as a withdrawal symptom for some time. I found 2-3 of those in the success stories. Those that developed it from an adverse reaction or kindling seem doomed. There are so many, like fkphamah0es (9 years), Anhedonia (6+ years), raven530 (7+ years).... that are stuck in this after an adverse reaction or a few doses. I find it very hard to have hope, considering I stayed on my drug for another 10 months after kindling from it. I tend not to post my observations on that thread because I don't mean to discourage others, but generally the outlook doesn't seem promising.. I find it impossible to imagine living like that, I'm still trying to hang in for my loved ones, but I'm so exhausted...!

I'm sorry, Kost, for coming across as so negative, I don't mean to drag you down. How about yourself, are you suffering from that symptom? If so, how does it manifest in your case? And what do you base your hope on? I'm more than open for hope, I'm actually desperate for hope! Do you know more recovery cases?

Thank you again and hugs to you !!!

On 1/6/2022 at 4:27 PM, kostakonkordia said:

@Manati

Much love to you. 

Greetings 

Kosta

...and sorry for the late response, I never see straight away when anyone is posting on my thread! Liebe Grüße nach Wien aus Saarbrücken.

deepL translation:

Best regards to Vienna from Saarbrücken.

Edited by ChessieCat
added deepL translation

@tryingtosurvive330

Thank you so much for your kind message, and please excuse my late response - I never see when anyone posts on my thread!

I'm glad to read that your system has calmed down again, and that you can sleep!! That's amazing and so important!! I'm really happy for you.

Thank you also for your suggestion - I'd actually be very scared to touch the Venlafaxine or any SSRI/SNRI again, as now looking back, I think I got kindled even by the microdose I reinstated. I got akathisia and insomnia, the bad hypnic jerks and trouble breathing plus heart racing etc. after reinstating. I still stayed on the reinstatement because, at first, I was so relieved for the horrendous panic to stop. Now I realise it was the emotional anesthesia it brought on, and that I'm stuck with now. It was my biggest mistake, I should have rode it out. I had bad anxiety and depression, but I was still 'ME'. Now I'm a soulless, hopeless, suicidal zombie. I wish I could go back in time....

What about you, how has the reinstatement affected your emotions?

Thank you so much for your kind wishes and encouragement, I really appreciate it!!

Sending you a big hug 💜

On 12/21/2021 at 8:18 AM, tryingtosurvive330 said:

I feel stable and my body feels calm now, not at all like before. And I have been getting sleep! Now getting to the place where it might be too much, though, napping during the day and to avoid life. So I have much to work on.

I don't know if we talked about this and I wouldn't want you to feel any worse than you do, but did you ever think of reinstating to a more regular dose of venlafaxine? I know you were taking a few beads and I don't know how much is in a capsule, but for me I didn't feel good at all doing a micro dose reinstatement. I think I only felt better when I went to a half dose, and I started tapering off of that. I only did it because I connected with one of the doctors recommended on here and he said in the state I was in, I needed to give my body the drug that I took away. I know I was so afraid to reinstate due to all the stories on here and the possibility that any more would trigger an adverse reaction - but for me personally I think my body did not register the micro dose as anything at all. At the time the main goal was just to feel any bit better. You have powered through so much and you deserve some relief! I know this would be a last resort. That's what it felt like for me, a last resort. But after all these months I am getting back small parts of myself. I'm sure you've considered it, but maybe take a little time to game out some options? I so wish you felt better. it's a long time to deal with those symptoms!

18 hours ago, Manati said:

@kostakonkordia thank you so much for your encouraging words - it is so kind of you to reach out to me!! 💜 I'm just so terribly discouraged by following the stories of others on here - it seems that hardly anyone who has posted in the 'apathy, anhedonia & emotional anesthesia' thread has ever recovered, even after many years. I wrote to so many of them and read through everyones history.. The very few people that have recovered seem to be the ones that were suffering from it while on their drug (like @Happy2Heal or @brassmonkey ), and then improved within months after being off of it, or after experiencing it as a withdrawal symptom for some time. I found 2-3 of those in the success stories. Those that developed it from an adverse reaction or kindling seem doomed. There are so many, like fkphamah0es (9 years), Anhedonia (6+ years), raven530 (7+ years).... that are stuck in this after an adverse reaction or a few doses. I find it very hard to have hope, considering I stayed on my drug for another 10 months after kindling from it. I tend not to post my observations on that thread because I don't mean to discourage others, but generally the outlook doesn't seem promising.. I find it impossible to imagine living like that, I'm still trying to hang in for my loved ones, but I'm so exhausted...!

I'm sorry, Kost, for coming across as so negative, I don't mean to drag you down. How about yourself, are you suffering from that symptom? If so, how does it manifest in your case? And what do you base your hope on? I'm more than open for hope, I'm actually desperate for hope! Do you know more recovery cases?

Thank you again and hugs to you !!!

Hey mani, 

I don't think anyone is doomed. The body has an immense capacity to heal as you probably know. 

Yes it can be very very discouraging when you read all these story, so I mostly stay away from them by now. What gives me hope is actually the assumption that this might have alot to do with the gut ergo the microbiom. I think im already notorious for the gut thing on here haha. Also that the body heals itself if you do the right things gives me alot of hope. This health field is all very new to me before that, i was just interested in politics and stuff. Sadly this thing has forced me into this field... But ok. 

And no you're are not negative at all. This condition is very debilitating I understand you. 

Yes I mostly feel like an empty bowel. It's not that I don't have feelings but they are very very faint. It's like I'm lying to myself when I feel something or they are not mine.

Yes I know some recovery storys. 

I think that the people who don't recover in years have something else going on that prevents their body's from healing. I have already wrote about that a thousand times I don't want to repeat myself. I have only read that antipsychotics cause brain athropy when you take it for a longer period of time. That's not really the case for ADs. So don't worry. 

If you are interested in the gut thing you can write me.

I wish you all the best manati, 

Kosta

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

21 hours ago, Manati said:

...and sorry for the late response, I never see straight away when anyone is posting on my thread! Liebe Grüße nach Wien aus Saarbrücken.

Ahhh leiwand. Liebe Grüße zurück. Dann können wir ja gleich auf Deutsch fortsetzen ;))) 

deepL Translation:

Kind regards back. Then we can continue in German right away ;))))

Edited by ChessieCat
added translation

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

deepL translation:

Hi Kosta, and thank you very much for your detailed answer!

Yes, I'm definitely interested in the 'gut-brain axis' theory, so feel free to send me info via PN! 🙂 I don't know, I have a hard time believing that anyone with a healthy lifestyle really heals - the people in the 'Anhedonia--' thread are almost all long-term sufferers, if you trace the individual stories over the years since 2011. I can't imagine they all have unhealthy lifestyles. What is your theory regarding the factors preventing their recovery? I've gotten the impression that almost all withdrawal symptoms actually resolve over time, with the exception of PSSD including the anhedonia just now, and for most, the tinnitus. What do you think of the theory of a change in gene expression of certain 5htp receptors?

If you still have certain 'residual emotions' and no counter-reaction or Kindling, I think your chances are quite good that this will come back with you. For the other cases I could not find a story where the emotions came back - but if you know one, I would be grateful!

Anyway, thanks again for your effort, info and good wishes! 💜

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Original:

Hallo Kosta, und lieben Dank für Deine ausführliche Antwort!

Ja, ich bin auf jeden Fall interessiert an der 'Darm-Hirn-Achse'-Theorie, also schick mir gerne Infos via PN! 🙂 Ich weiß nicht, mir fällt es schwer zu glauben, dass wirklich jeder mit gesundem Lebensstil heilt - die Leute aus dem 'Anhedonia--'-thread sind fast alle langzeitbetroffen, wenn man die einzelnen Geschichten seit 2011 mal über die Jahre nachverfolgt. Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass die alle einen ungesunden Lebensstil haben. Was ist Deine Theorie bezüglich der Faktoren, die ihre Genesung verhindern? Ich habe den Eindruck gewonnen, dass sich tatsächlich fast alle Entzugssymptome mit der Zeit zurückbilden, mit Ausnahme von PSSD inklusive der Anhedonie eben, und bei den meisten der Tinnitus. Was hältst Du von der Theorie einer Veränderung in der Genexpression bestimmter 5htp-Rezeptoren?

Wenn Du noch gewisse 'Rest-Emotionen' hast und keine Gegenreaktion bzw. Kindling, stehen Deine Chancen denke ich ganz gut, dass das bei Dir wiederkommt. Für die anderen Fällen habe ich leider noch keine Story finden können, bei dem die Emotionen wiederkamen - aber wenn Du eine kennst, wäre ich dankbar!!

Danke jedenfalls nochmal für Deine Mühe, Info und guten Wünsche! 💜

On 1/22/2022 at 8:18 AM, kostakonkordia said:

Hey mani, 

I don't think anyone is doomed. The body has an immense capacity to heal as you probably know. 

Yes it can be very very discouraging when you read all these story, so I mostly stay away from them by now. What gives me hope is actually the assumption that this might have alot to do with the gut ergo the microbiom. I think im already notorious for the gut thing on here haha. Also that the body heals itself if you do the right things gives me alot of hope. This health field is all very new to me before that, i was just interested in politics and stuff. Sadly this thing has forced me into this field... But ok. 

And no you're are not negative at all. This condition is very debilitating I understand you. 

Yes I mostly feel like an empty bowel. It's not that I don't have feelings but they are very very faint. It's like I'm lying to myself when I feel something or they are not mine.

Yes I know some recovery storys. 

I think that the people who don't recover in years have something else going on that prevents their body's from healing. I have already wrote about that a thousand times I don't want to repeat myself. I have only read that antipsychotics cause brain athropy when you take it for a longer period of time. That's not really the case for ADs. So don't worry. 

If you are interested in the gut thing you can write me.

I wish you all the best manati, 

Kosta

Edited by ChessieCat
added deepL translation

4 hours ago, Manati said:

Hallo Kosta, und lieben Dank für Deine ausführliche Antwort!

Ja, ich bin auf jeden Fall interessiert an der 'Darm-Hirn-Achse'-Theorie, also schick mir gerne Infos via PN! 🙂 Ich weiß nicht, mir fällt es schwer zu glauben, dass wirklich jeder mit gesundem Lebensstil heilt - die Leute aus dem 'Anhedonia--'-thread sind fast alle langzeitbetroffen, wenn man die einzelnen Geschichten seit 2011 mal über die Jahre nachverfolgt. Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass die alle einen ungesunden Lebensstil haben. Was ist Deine Theorie bezüglich der Faktoren, die ihre Genesung verhindern? Ich habe den Eindruck gewonnen, dass sich tatsächlich fast alle Entzugssymptome mit der Zeit zurückbilden, mit Ausnahme von PSSD inklusive der Anhedonie eben, und bei den meisten der Tinnitus. Was hältst Du von der Theorie einer Veränderung in der Genexpression bestimmter 5htp-Rezeptoren?

Wenn Du noch gewisse 'Rest-Emotionen' hast und keine Gegenreaktion bzw. Kindling, stehen Deine Chancen denke ich ganz gut, dass das bei Dir wiederkommt. Für die anderen Fällen habe ich leider noch keine Story finden können, bei dem die Emotionen wiederkamen - aber wenn Du eine kennst, wäre ich dankbar!!

Danke jedenfalls nochmal für Deine Mühe, Info und guten Wünsche! 💜

I think we should maybe continue in english, so people can read our conversation if they are interested. 

Manati asked me which factors impede healing. 

First of all I would say dysbiosis can be a rather difficult condition to treat for some people. It is a selfreinforcment cycle. Once bad bacteria overgrow they manipulate the epithel cells to maintain a non hypoxia milleu in which most bad bacteria thrive.

Secondly i think our food is totally poisioned in every way. Beginning with the overbred wheat crop which in contrast to its older form has a much denser chemical bond of gluten which makes it much harder so digest. Then companies all over the world are using glyphosate which invades protein production in our cells, is cancerogenic and kills microbiom bacteria. Heavy metals are everywhere. Some microplastics work like hormones in our body. We eat to much processed food, sugar fats etc. Our food has much less nutrients duo to overcultivation. Antibiotics in the meat production. 

Also stress is very prevalent in our society which has a negative effect on our gut. 

All those things combined with a sensitive gut makes things much worse. Also leaky gut and dysbiosis is very prevalent in general society but people don't know about it. Why do you think so many people get autoimmune deseases allergies, cancer, alzheimers etc. These are all things linked to a leaky gut ergo dysbiosis. 

It's funny that you mentioned tinnitus, few days ago I read an article about tinnitus and dysbiosis. Some doctors tested their tinnitus patients for dysbiosis and they were surprised they were all dysbiotic. 

I know very little about genexpression. The only thing about epigenetics I can say is that they are not permanent and change all the time and the gut has a massive impact on it. 

Maybe to you and some others this sounds like I'm hella biosed but in the last few years science has been revealing that the gut is involved in almost everything. And alot of civilization illnesses can be explained by a bad gut. 

Of course withdrawal and psychic drug damage is not all gut especially if we look at the antipsychotics which can cause brain shrinkage if you take it for a longer period of time. But this damage can regrow too if you do the right things. 

As I said dysbiosis can be very sticky but don't loose hope I belive everyone can heal. 

Thanks for you're kind words on my emotions but I kind of feel like an empty sack haha. 

Liebe Grüße

Kosta

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

Thank you for your explanation, yes the influence of the gut/microbiome on countless bodily processes has only been researched and taken into account in more detail for a few years now - there will certainly be some more exciting findings. It is obvious that antidepressants have a lasting effect on the microbiome, and thus also that discontinuation symptoms manifest themselves here. I suspect that - as is usually the case in life - it's a jumble of different causes and complex interrelationships that we can hardly influence anyway, except through a sensible lifestyle. But there must be a concrete reason why anhedonia is such a permanent symptom. It would be too good if we could actually actively do something to change this condition. In any case, I wish you a speedy recovery and best wishes to Vienna.

15 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

I think we should maybe continue in english, so people can read our conversation if they are interested. 

Manati asked me which factors impede healing. 

First of all I would say dysbiosis can be a rather difficult condition to treat for some people. It is a selfreinforcment cycle. Once bad bacteria overgrow they manipulate the epithel cells to maintain a non hypoxia milleu in which most bad bacteria thrive.

Secondly i think our food is totally poisioned in every way. Beginning with the overbred wheat crop which in contrast to its older form has a much denser chemical bond of gluten which makes it much harder so digest. Then companies all over the world are using glyphosate which invades protein production in our cells, is cancerogenic and kills microbiom bacteria. Heavy metals are everywhere. Some microplastics work like hormones in our body. We eat to much processed food, sugar fats etc. Our food has much less nutrients duo to overcultivation. Antibiotics in the meat production. 

Also stress is very prevalent in our society which has a negative effect on our gut. 

All those things combined with a sensitive gut makes things much worse. Also leaky gut and dysbiosis is very prevalent in general society but people don't know about it. Why do you think so many people get autoimmune deseases allergies, cancer, alzheimers etc. These are all things linked to a leaky gut ergo dysbiosis. 

It's funny that you mentioned tinnitus, few days ago I read an article about tinnitus and dysbiosis. Some doctors tested their tinnitus patients for dysbiosis and they were surprised they were all dysbiotic. 

I know very little about genexpression. The only thing about epigenetics I can say is that they are not permanent and change all the time and the gut has a massive impact on it. 

Maybe to you and some others this sounds like I'm hella biosed but in the last few years science has been revealing that the gut is involved in almost everything. And alot of civilization illnesses can be explained by a bad gut. 

Of course withdrawal and psychic drug damage is not all gut especially if we look at the antipsychotics which can cause brain shrinkage if you take it for a longer period of time. But this damage can regrow too if you do the right things. 

As I said dysbiosis can be very sticky but don't loose hope I belive everyone can heal. 

Thanks for you're kind words on my emotions but I kind of feel like an empty sack haha. 

Liebe Grüße

Kosta

16 minutes ago, Manati said:

Thank you for your explanation, yes the influence of the gut/microbiome on countless bodily processes has only been researched and taken into account in more detail for a few years now - there will certainly be some more exciting findings. It is obvious that antidepressants have a lasting effect on the microbiome, and thus also that discontinuation symptoms manifest themselves here. I suspect that - as is usually the case in life - it's a jumble of different causes and complex interrelationships that we can hardly influence anyway, except through a sensible lifestyle. But there must be a concrete reason why anhedonia is such a permanent symptom. It would be too good if we could actually actively do something to change this condition. In any case, I wish you a speedy recovery and best wishes to Vienna.

Anhedonia is suspected to be an effect of dopamine dysbalance. Gut bacteria mediate the production of neurotransmitters so there are probably low/or too high of certain bacteria. Probably also inflammation. I think I already wrote about that. But i don't know why anhedonia is a longer lasting symptom... 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

yeah the dopamine pathway is certainly affected, as the anhedonia comes with this apathy...

2 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

Anhedonia is suspected to be an effect of dopamine dysbalance. Gut bacteria mediate the production of neurotransmitters so there are probably low/or too high of certain bacteria. Probably also inflammation. I think I already wrote about that. But i don't know why anhedonia is a longer lasting symptom... 

On 1/20/2022 at 8:28 PM, Manati said:

Those that developed it from an adverse reaction or kindling seem doomed. There are so many, like fkphamah0es (9 years), Anhedonia (6+ years), raven530 (7+ years).... that are stuck in this after an adverse reaction or a few doses.

Yikes. 

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Hey @ThatOneGirlStitch I'm so sorry, it was not my intention to discourage you. I think I am overly pessimistic, so don't take my frustrated statements as a guide - there are certainly people who have healed after kindling or adverse reaction.I am the most pessimistic person in the world and not an appropriate reference point.... Many others, who deal a lot with the subject, are much more optimistic. Every case is an individual case. You will certainly get better!

On 1/24/2022 at 10:55 PM, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Yikes. 

...I think 'Maybe' had an adverse reaction and recovered from Anhedonia.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:55 PM, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

Yikes. 

3 hours ago, Manati said:

Hey @ThatOneGirlStitch I'm so sorry, it was not my intention to discourage you. I think I am overly pessimistic, so don't take my frustrated statements as a guide - there are certainly people who have healed after kindling or adverse reaction.I am the most pessimistic person in the world and not an appropriate reference point.... Many others, who deal a lot with the subject, are much more optimistic. Every case is an individual case. You will certainly get better!

That is true, you are right. People have recovered. I was a little shaken. Also nobody should have to go through anhedonia and for so long. It makes me made at the universe. It's natural to be pessimistic about our symptoms. We feel (or not in this case) them so fully. And WD is a scary thing to go through.

3 hours ago, Manati said:

...I think 'Maybe' had an adverse reaction and recovered from Anhedonia.

That is good. Thank you for saying so. It's hard to find the evidence of a solid cause. So if it seems likely based on post, I'll take it. Though was always want things to be verified, it is hard to do.

I also found two people that show evidence of anhedonia from an adverse reaction, that were able to heal. I have not received confirmation on it, though I did reach out to them.

It is ok to voice your fears. It is a support forum after all.

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

How are you?

History:

Thank you so much for asking @ThatOneGirlStitch 💜 I'm in my usual zombiestate, trying to get through the days, minute by minute. It's my hopelessness that consumes me. But more importantly - how are YOU??! After all the tragedy you went through these days, I hope you are feeling a little bit better and manage to get enough nutrients? Sending you hugs

On 1/31/2022 at 11:32 PM, ThatOneGirlStitch said:

How are you?

Thank you, Manati. I am trying my best to get things down. I wish people could donate fat like we can donate blood. I think it would be very popular. I'm not sure whats going to happen. Maybe hospital? Maybe feeding tube? Good news is I'm still alive. When I get a pound I will be sure to inform everyone lol

Continue to take care of yourself.

History:

I am trying to get off lyrica and would advise against taking it, as it has a very very nasty side. It caused my legs to burn so badly, the docs thought I had neuropathy.

as for Effexor, I got off the stuff years ago and remember how awful it was. I was in bed for weeks and those brain shivers were terrible. 

I am sorry you are going through this and hope you can find relief. 

My Intro topic

Lyrica / pregabalin started Feb 2021 and experienced terrible burning in my legs
Lyrica / pregabalin started to reduce March 2021 and experiment burning legs, bladder issues, insomnia, anxiety, angry, depression etc. I was reducing too fast so switched to 10% reduction a month.

currently taking 85mg of Lyrica. 

Seroquel started in October 2021 for insomnia…cause hyperventilating and ended up with a blood clot, which may or may not be related. Stopper Seroquel in Dec 2021.
Clonazapam- currently taking 0.5mg for anxiety 
Effexor- took it for maybe 5 years and went off of it in maybe 2018. Cause skin problems and was very hard to get off. Brain zaps.

Zoloft- took as an adolescent and into my 20s. Went off of it in my early 20s. 
Buspar- Took as a child, must have switched to Zoloft at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your comment, LizaB, and your kind words 💛 I'm so sorry you were experiencing this! I didn't get burning legs from Lyrica, but it caused me to eat nonstop and robbed me of my feeling of satiety up until now, around 5 months after getting off of it. And I only took a tiny dose to start with. Feeling damaged beyond repair..

On 2/8/2022 at 1:21 AM, LizaB said:

I am trying to get off lyrica and would advise against taking it, as it has a very very nasty side. It caused my legs to burn so badly, the docs thought I had neuropathy.

as for Effexor, I got off the stuff years ago and remember how awful it was. I was in bed for weeks and those brain shivers were terrible. 

I am sorry you are going through this and hope you can find relief.