VivaLaVida Is this withdrawal (vs. "relapse")?

VivaLaVida

• Administrator
9 hours ago, VivaLaVida said:

After 8 months of absolute mistery (extreme physical and emotional turmoil) I have decided to reinstate, and actually go back on the antidepressant as well. I began with 1mg yesterday (cut off a sliver off the pill and weighted it very carefully), and will continue with that for a week to gauge reaction. Yesterday, 2 hours after taking this tiny amount I felt amazing for the first time in a very long time, so I am hoping that's a good sign and not just by chance. I am back to misery today.

The brief improvement is a good sign. As @brassmonkey recommended, might be a good idea to let the upset from Effexor settle before more experimentation with Lexapro.

It would be best for you to take a consistent 1mg Lexapro each day at the same time. Can you get a prescription for liquid Lexapro? You might tell your doctor you want to slowly titrate up. Otherwise, this topic explains how to make a liquid from your tablets: Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Please let us know how you're doing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.