Teresajean For my son

Teresajean

My son is 26 and I/DD, has seizures, ADHD, ODD etc. He is back at my home after 8 years. He's a mess! On a lot of meds for all different things. His new NP med management person wants him off a few. I agree but am not so sure about HOW to do this. That's why I'm here.

• Administrator

Welcome, Teresajean.

Please list the drugs your son is on now, with their dosages and daily dosing schedule.

One place for you to start is to put ALL your son's drugs in the Drug Interactions Checker https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php, print out the report, and discuss it with the NP med management person. Also, please post a link to it in this topic.

Your son will want to go off or reduce the most troublesome drug first, or one of the drugs causing the worst drug-drug conflicts. Once you identify the worst drugs, we can give you tips about reducing them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Teresajean For my son