dubcity: about to start celexa taper

Dubcity

Started Effexor xr in 2006 went off cold Turkey in 2010 after a year I got hit with horrible panic attacks and was put on benzos and Zoloft . In 2015 I was switched from 25 mg Zoloft to 10 mg celexa

in 2016 I started my benzo taper 

min 2020 I finished my benzo taper 

and now in 2021 I want to try and taper off the 10 mg celexa

have been on 10 mg celexa since 2015  

• Moderator Emeritus
19 hours ago, Dubcity said:

Ok so does anyone know when the best time to take your ssri is?

SSRI's are activating and so can disturb sleep, so I would take the opposite view from your doctor.  I took Lexapro in the morning after breakfast.  Full stomach, empty stomach?  I generally take my psych drugs after a meal, but when I was on a split dose of Ativan, one of my three doses was at 4am (empty stomach, obviously) and it didn't seem to make any difference.  It would be good to remain constant, either full or empty stomach every day, just in case in makes any difference in how it affects you.

I don't know what time you take your Celexa.  If it's later than morning and you want to move it back, move the time back one hour a day until you you reach the time you want to take the Celexa and that's your new dosage time.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Gridley I take my dose around noon ever day. The weird part is my doctor tired to change my dose to night in the past and I took my dose at night for a week and it felt like I was losing my mind has the worst WD. Went back to my normal noon dose after that. 

ive tapered off Effexor, zoloft and benzos in the past but this celexa is giving me a harder time than both of those which are supposed to be harder to get off. Even a 5% decrease kills me. Not sure why it’s harder to get off since the half life is longer than Effexor and Zoloft, figured it would be easier 

Started Effexor xr in 2006 went off cold Turkey in 2010 after a year I got hit with horrible panic attacks and was put on benzos and Zoloft . In 2015 I was switched from 25 mg Zoloft to 10 mg celexa

• Moderator Emeritus
22 minutes ago, Dubcity said:

this celexa is giving me a harder time than both of those which are supposed to be harder to get off. Even a 5% decrease kills me. Not sure why it’s harder to get off since the half life is longer than Effexor and Zoloft, figured it would be easier 

Some of it may be battle fatigue. Some of it may be increased sensitivity after going off the other drugs. I know those are factors with me in my current benzo taper.  Half life is just one factor and not necessarily determinative.   Just stay with it and go as slowly as you need to.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator

What time have you been taking your drugs? You may have to move them gradually to make changes in your schedule, or you could get withdrawal symptoms while your system gets used to the new timing.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

From the Prozac Bridge/Switch topic:

25 minutes ago, Dubcity said:

Hey guys is cross tapering and bridging the same thing? I’m having a hard time understanding. Thanks

would it look like this going from 10mg of celexa to Prozac? 
week 1 7.5 mg celexa plus 5 mg Prozac 

week 2 5mg celexa plus 10 mg Prozac 

week 3 2.5 mg celexa plus 15 mg Prozac 

week 4 stop celexa and go to 20 mg Prozac 

I've answered your first question in the Prozac topic.

I'm responding to your other question here in your Introduction topic so that your history is all in one place.

Please ensure that you read Post #1 of the Prozac Bridge/Switch topic and not that Prozac has a very long half life which is explained in that post.

If you are currently taking 10mg Celexa (citalopram), then changing over to 20mg would most likely be too high a dose.

From https://ahpnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Switching-Scenarios.pdf

They show 20mg citalopram = 20mg fluoxetine (Prozac).

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

From the Prozac Bridge/Switch topic:

I've answered your first question in the Prozac topic.

I'm responding to your other question here in your Introduction topic so that your history is all in one place.

Please ensure that you read Post #1 of the Prozac Bridge/Switch topic and not that Prozac has a very long half life which is explained in that post.

If you are currently taking 10mg Celexa (citalopram), then changing over to 20mg would most likely be too high a dose.

From https://ahpnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Switching-Scenarios.pdf

They show 20mg citalopram = 20mg fluoxetine (Prozac).

Oh sorry about that I forgot 10 mg celexa = 10 mg Prozac . Let’s try it again lol.......

week 1 7.5mg  celexa plus 3.5 mg Prozac 

week 2 5mg celexa plus 5mg prozac

week 3 3.5mg celexa plus 7.5 mg Prozac 

week 4 drop the celexa and go to 10mg Prozac 

so is this how it would be done? 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/12/2021 at 6:04 AM, Dubcity said:

ive tapered off Effexor, zoloft and benzos in the past but this celexa is giving me a harder time than both of those which are supposed to be harder to get off. Even a 5% decrease kills me. Not sure why it’s harder to get off since the half life is longer than Effexor and Zoloft, figured it would be easier 

Q:  When did you try to taper Celexa?

If you attempted to reduce your Celexa during the first 6 months after your benzo taper, it may have been that you tried reducing too soon.

It is generally better to taper the drug that you are currently taking rather than do a switch to a different drug.

You only finished your benzo taper in 2020 but you have not included the month.  Please add the benzo name and the last dose and the date you finished to your drug signature.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

I have corrected your dose amounts:

week 1   7.5mg  celexa plus 3.5mg 2.5mg Prozac

week 2   5mg celexa plus 5mg prozac

week 3   3.5mg 2.5mg celexa plus 7.5 mg Prozac 

week 4   drop the celexa and go to 10mg Prozac

Please note that I am not agreeing/disagreeing with the timeline but I do have some thoughts about it.

I think you need to consider that it can take 10-14 days for Prozac to "ramp up".  Whereas Celexa's half life is about 27-32 hours.  This means that to begin with the Celexa will be getting lower faster than the Prozac gets higher building up.

The better option may be to do 2 weeks on 7.5mg Celexa and 2.5mg Prozac before going to 5mg Celexa and 5mg Prozac.  After that you might be able to only wait one week before changing the dose combination.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys my doctor went ahead and prescribed me liquid celexa. The bottle I got is made by silarx pharmaceuticals. My question is how hard will it be to cross taper from tablet to liquid? I was going to do a cross taper over a span of 20 days from tab to liquid. I’m very sensitive to changes in manufactures but I’m going to tough this one out and see if I can stabilize on the liquid. From everything I have heard it’s supposed to be much easier to taper down especially micro taper with liquid compared to dry tapering tablets. I really hope it’s worth it. Wish me luck yall ! This is how I was gonna do my cross taper, let me know what u think. Please leave some suggestions 

5 days of : 7.5 mg tab plus 2.5 mg liquid 

5 days of: 5 mg tab plus 5 mg liquid 

5 days of: 2.5Mg tab plus 7.5 mg liquid 

then continue 10 mg liquid 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, that is a good plan.  However, it will be important to listen to your body/symptoms and hold for longer on any combination as required.

Be sure to check if the liquid ratio is 1:1, ie 1mL liquid = 1mg Celexa?

Some liquid drugs are 1:5, ie 1mL liquid = 5mg drug.

18 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Yes, that is a good plan.  However, it will be important to listen to your body/symptoms and hold for longer on any combination as required.

Be sure to check if the liquid ratio is 1:1, ie 1mL liquid = 1mg Celexa?

Some liquid drugs are 1:5, ie 1mL liquid = 5mg drug.

yes u are correct 10mg = 5ml liquid 

started my cross taper today, let’s see how I feel in a couple days. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Moderator Emeritus
21 minutes ago, Dubcity said:

10mg = 5ml liquid 

So that is a 1:2 ratio.  Each 1mL liquid contains 2mg Celexa.

On day 2 of liquid cross taper feel a bit foggy headed. 
Quick question yall, so when I use the Syringe I notice that when I take my dose there is still sum liquid remaining in the very tip of the syringe. Is that how it’s supposed to be or how can I get the last drop out of the syringe tip. Thanks 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Dubcity said:

there is still sum liquid remaining in the very tip of the syringe.

You do not worry about it.  So long as you always measure your dose the same way, then you are taking a consistent amount.

For example you would not one day take your dose by extracting the liquid and consuming what is in the syringe and a different day (same dose) extract what you do not need and take what is left.

And you always use the same equipment for a particular dose.  It is okay to change the way you do things when you make a reduction if that makes it easier to get your dose but always do things the same way with the same equipment for the whole of a reduction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I’m almost switched completely over to liquid. I got the Covid vaccine a few days ago which completely destroyed me for a couple days. 
my question is I’ve noticed a lot of people dilute their liquid celexa with water 1:1 liquid celexa to water ratio. What is the point of doing that? 

and also is it ok to dilute with water? Is it still equally distributed if you add water to dilute the prescription liquid celexa?

thanks everyone :) 

• Moderator Emeritus

From https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/020822s037,021046s015lbl.pdf

Celexa oral solution contains citalopram HBr equivalent to 2 mg/mL citalopram base. It also contains the following inactive ingredients: sorbitol, purified water, propylene glycol, methylparaben, natural peppermint flavor, and propylparaben.

The Celexa prescription liquid contains purified water.  This means that it is okay to mix it with water.

Please note, do not mix the whole bottle of prescription liquid with water, only mix a small amount each time, eg enough for 3 or 4 doses.

The reason people mix a prescription liquid with water is to dilute it so that they can measure their dose with greater accuracy.  I make my own liquid from compounded Pristiq capsules and it depends on the dose I to need measure out what amount of water I use.

If you were taking 0.1mg Celexa it would be extremely difficult to measure such a tiny dose.  If you measure 19mL water and added 1mL of Celexa prescription liquid you would have 20mL = 2mg, 10mL = 1mg, 1mL = 0.1mg.

If, for instance, you did not have a 1mL syringe but only had a 10mL syringe you could measure 200mL water (with a large quantity of water it isn't worth bothering about the extra 1mL) and add 1mL Celexa prescription liquid.  200mL = 2mg, 100mL = 1mg, 10mL = 0.1mg, 1mL = 0.01mg

I've shown the break down steps to the smaller amounts.  To work out the smaller amounts straight away, or as a double check of the calculations, you divide both sides of the equation by the same amount:

200mL = 2mg

Divide both sides by 200

1mL = 0.01mg

@ChessieCatgotcha! And what size syringe would u recommend. I’m taking 5ml of liquid celexa right now which is equivalent to 10 mg of celexa. Was wondering what’s the easiest way to reduce 2.5% each couple weeks 

• Moderator Emeritus

I've got 4 different sizes of syringe.  10mL, 5mL, 3mL and 1mL. 

Hayduke recently posted about adjustable volume pipettes:

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/comment=515001

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/comment=515062

how-to-make-a-liquid-from-tablets-or-capsules/comment=526043

I have calculated different dilutions for my drug so I have a list of amounts to work from.  And because I'm using 2mg capsules and you are using liquid with a 2mg/1mL ratio you can use the same calculations.  It depends on the dose I am taking which dilation I use.  What I do first is work out what the new dose will be.  Current dose x 0.9 = new dose.  Because I've only just started doing this I do the calculations for the dose using each of the different dilutions to see which will work best.  However, you will notice that in the first dilution below there are two places after the decimal point whereas the other two have 3 places.  So if your new dose has 3 places after the decimal point you would not be using the first dilution.  If I wanted to I could make 2mg / 2000mL = 0.001mg : 1mL, but instead doing that I just round up or down to an even number so I can use the third dilution and therefore not have to measure double the amount of liquid for my dose.

2mg / 200mL =  0.01mg : 1mL

2mg / 400mL =  0.005mg : 1mL

2mg / 1000mL = 0.002mg : 1mL

If the required dose is 0.03mg then you would use the first dilution

0.01mg : 1mL

to work out the liquid amount you need to find out how many times 0.01 will go into 0.03 so you divide 0.03 by 0.01 and then multiply both sides by that number which is 3.

0.01mg x 3 = 0.03mg : 1mL x 3 = 3mL

If the required dose was 0.215mg you would use the second dilution.

0.005mg : 1mL

to work out the liquid amount you need to find out how many times 0.005 will go into 0.215 so you divide 0.215 by 0.005 and then multiply both sides by that number which is 43.

0.005mg x 43 = 0.215mg : 1mL x 43 = 43mL

This is an example of making a weaker dilution to make measuring easier:

Instead of adding 2mg capsule contents to 200mL water I used 2mg capsule contents in 400mL water so that instead of trying to measure 11.5mL I measured 23mL.

What I am trying to do is not have to measure any less than 1mL.

Edited by ChessieCat

@ChessieCat thank you so much for taking your time and explaining it to me. I am so confused now, I figured I could use the 5ml syringe and just drop a line down every couple weeks. 
So how do o get the measurements for let’s say 400ml? Do I need to order a beaker? Thanks again 🙏🏻 

• Moderator Emeritus

What dose in mg are you currently taking?

• Moderator Emeritus

10mg x 0.9 = 9mg

2mg / 1mL

1mg / 0.5mL

9mg / 0.5mL x 9 = new 4.5mL

If you can measure 4.5mL with the 5mL syringe you will not need to dilute the Celexa liquid.

Edited by ChessieCat

• Moderator Emeritus

The next reduction after at least a 4 week hold:

9mg x 0.9 = 8.1mg

Yes, it would be a good idea to buy a graduated cylinder.  They come in a variety of sizes.  I have 100mL.

You could take 8mg / 4mL of undiluted liquid and then make the following and take the extra for the 0.1mg.

For the extra amount of 0.1mg make a dilution of:

0.01mg / 1mL

Divide 0.1mg by 0.01 = 10 then multiply both sides by 10

0.1mg / 10mL

You have already taken 8mg dose so only need 10mL of diluted Celexa to make a total dose of 8.1mg.

• Moderator Emeritus

The next reduction after at least a 4 week hold:

8.1mg x 0.9 = 7.29mg

I would round this up to 7.3mg

You could take 7mg / 3.5mL of undiluted liquid and then make the following and take the extra for the 0.3mg.

For the extra amount of 0.3mg make a dilution of:

0.01mg / 1mL

Divide 0.3mg by 0.01 = 30 then multiply both sides by 30

0.3mg / 30mL

You have already taken 7mg dose so only need 30mL of diluted Celexa to make a total dose of 7.3mg.

I was thinking 5% cut

so I would take 4.75 ml of liquid.

I would take 4 ml using the 5 ml syringe 

than I would take the rest which would be .75ml using my 1ml syringe. Does this sound reasonable? Or would diluting be easier 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, that would work.

It's up to you whether you choose to dilute or not.  We each have to find and do what works best for ourselves.  For example there is no way I would have the patience to measure crushed tablets with a scale.  Personally I prefer to have a greater quantity to measure both for ease and accuracy.  If there is a bubble that I cannot get rid of in a syringe, which for me often happens, then with the larger quantity the less impact the bubble has on the dose.

But there will come a time when you get to the low doses that it will probably be necessary to dilute, and you've already got some calculation examples which you can use as a template for how to work it out.

Hi @Dubcity just wanted to introduce myself as I’m going to be tapering on Celexa soon as well.  I’m currently on 15 mg and plan to use the liquid to help me taper, too.  I’m currently in the process of stabilizing from side effects due to my too fast taper earlier this year.  

If you ever want to commiserate, I’m here.  Best of luck!  

2014-now .0625mg Xanax as needed

2017 20 mg Celexa, 2018 10 mg

June 2020 - 15 mg Celexa 

Sept 2020 10 mg Celexa (2 week taper of alternating 15/10 doses)

Jan - Mar 2021 lots of dose changes in attempt to taper Clx per doctor’s recos. 

3/31/21 re-stabilized at 15 mg Celexa
4/30/21- 15 mg split dose (7.5 am & pm)

5/28 - 15 mg, transition 5 mg to liquid

6/22/21 14.5 mg, 7/12 14.4 mg, 9/12 14.3 mg, 12/8 14.0mg, 2/24/22 13.8, 8/27/22 13.4

6/12/23 12.9mg, 12/14/23 12.4 mg 3/17/24 11.7 4/19 11.3

400mg Mg Glyc, probiotic, Vit D, GABA with l-theanine, 1200 mg ashwaghanda, Calcium Magnesium Butyrate, 60 progesterone, L-Tyrosine 1500 mg, 3 drops iodine, GI Resolve, 3 pills ProMulti+ per day, 4 IgG support, 4 NK Stim, 50 mg estrogen cream

• 2 years later...

Hey yall I’ve been tapering using liquid solution celexa to taper the past couple years. I am unable to get liquid celexa. I’ve tried crossing over to liquid Prozac in the past but found it too activating. Should I switch over to liquid lexapro? Is it an easier switch, will the shorter half life be noticeable? Thanks everyone 

• Administrator

Welcome back @Dubcity

Could you update your signature please, and we can try to assist from there.

Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

2017 – 2022:   Vortioxetine 15mg, Jan ’22, 15mg->5mg over 4 weeks, Feb ‘22 5mg -> 7.5mg due to WD, July ’22 6.75mg (found SA website), Aug 6.07mg, Sep 5.46mg, 11 Oct 5.00mg, 18 Oct 4.88mg, 25 Oct 4.75mg, 1 Nov 4.63mg, 8 Nov 4.5mg, 3 Jan ’23 4.39mg, 10 Jan 4.28mg, 17 Jan 4.06mg, 13 Feb 3.95mg, 20 Mar 3.85mg, 3 Apr 3.75mg, 10 April 3.65mg, 31 May 3.58mg, 8 June 3.50mg, 15 June 3.43mg, 22 June 3.35mg, 12 Jul 3.29mg,  19 Jul 3.22mg, 26 Jul 3.15mg, 3 Aug 3.09mg, 30 Aug 3.02mg, 7 Sep 2.96mg, 14 Sep 2.89mg, 21 Sep 2.82mg, Oct 11 2.75mg, Oct 19 2.70mg, Oct 26 2.64mg, Nov 2 2.59mg, Nov 23 2.53mg, Nov 30 2.48mg, 7 Dec 2.43mg, 17 Dec 2.38mg, 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg,  29 Feb 2.15mg,  7 Mar 2.10mg,  14 Mar 2.06mg,  21 Mar 1.99mg,  10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg,

11 hours ago, Dubcity said:

Hey yall I’ve been tapering using liquid solution celexa to taper the past couple years. I am unable to get liquid celexa. I’ve tried crossing over to liquid Prozac in the past but found it too activating. Should I switch over to liquid lexapro? Is it an easier switch, will the shorter half life be noticeable? Thanks everyone 

@Dubcity sometime switching cause problem. Be carefull. 

If You want to switch, then you should switch at the same dose you were on pill form, and before fruther reduction you should wait for at least whole month on liquid form. Its my opinion/ from experience of others 

i am also new here.Don,t follow my instructions. 

Moderators,Administrator  help you better.

. 2018  took prozac olanzapine for only 3 months . 

2021 took paxil  12.5mg and xanax for year.2023 in july took prozac 25mg and olanzapine 3mg for only 3 days cause akathisia . july 2023 took sertalline 100mg  and olanzapine 2.5mg for a month cause ocd and akathisia . august 2023 took lexapro 5mg only for 2 days cz extreme akathisia .August 2023 took paxil Cr 12.5mg cause agitation  and kolonopin 0.5mgoctober 2023 cut pill haf6.25mg .December 2023 cut 1/4 (3.125mg) coated pill as per psy advice.last December quit cold turkey after 7 days then reinstate(3.125mg).January 2024 contine 3.1mg paxil cr .january 5 -2024 as per psy took pill 3.125mg at other day(skiping days)  for 15dJanuary 20-2024 skiping dose at gap of two days . feb 5-2024 1/4 of paxil cr 3.125 and kolonopin continue 0.5mg also taking pregabalin 100mg from September 2023 till now 

10-feb-2024: switch to home-made 1ml paxil solution. +0.5mg k+100mg pregabalin 

Akathisia, depression, anxiety,throat choking, extreme fear,physical pains.  

Hey yall I’ve been tapering using liquid solution celexa to taper the past couple years. I am unable to get liquid celexa anymore. I’ve tried crossing over to liquid Prozac in the past but found it too activating. Should I switch over to liquid lexapro? I keep hearing their very similar and almost the same. Is it an easier switch? will the shorter half life be noticeable? Thanks everyone @Altostrata

• Administrator

Hi Dubcity. I've moved your new post back here. Please don't create a new topic for yourself. It is easier for those trying to assist if everything relating to your own situation is in one spot.

I've changed meds 3 times over the years...never again. It was most unpleasant.

I thought a liquid version of Celexa was available in your country. Has that recently changed?

Best not to tag Altostrata, as she has stepped back from daily involvement on the site.

Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

2017 – 2022:   Vortioxetine 15mg, Jan ’22, 15mg->5mg over 4 weeks, Feb ‘22 5mg -> 7.5mg due to WD, July ’22 6.75mg (found SA website), Aug 6.07mg, Sep 5.46mg, 11 Oct 5.00mg, 18 Oct 4.88mg, 25 Oct 4.75mg, 1 Nov 4.63mg, 8 Nov 4.5mg, 3 Jan ’23 4.39mg, 10 Jan 4.28mg, 17 Jan 4.06mg, 13 Feb 3.95mg, 20 Mar 3.85mg, 3 Apr 3.75mg, 10 April 3.65mg, 31 May 3.58mg, 8 June 3.50mg, 15 June 3.43mg, 22 June 3.35mg, 12 Jul 3.29mg,  19 Jul 3.22mg, 26 Jul 3.15mg, 3 Aug 3.09mg, 30 Aug 3.02mg, 7 Sep 2.96mg, 14 Sep 2.89mg, 21 Sep 2.82mg, Oct 11 2.75mg, Oct 19 2.70mg, Oct 26 2.64mg, Nov 2 2.59mg, Nov 23 2.53mg, Nov 30 2.48mg, 7 Dec 2.43mg, 17 Dec 2.38mg, 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg,  29 Feb 2.15mg,  7 Mar 2.10mg,  14 Mar 2.06mg,  21 Mar 1.99mg,  10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg,

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone here takes their ssri at night instead of morning. I have noticed they make me more tired and out of it after taking it in morning. Has anyone had any luck taking it at night. And how does one change their morning dose to night dose? Any help would be much appreciated y’all . Thanks 

Anyone? Thanks y’all 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

Wanted to see how one would go about changing their morning dose into night dose @Emonda

@Dubcity You could move it forward by one hour each day until you're at the time you want to take it.

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***