Richard2: Hello. New here. My name is Richard.

richard2

Hello all.

I am currently at Escitalopram, 2.5mg/day and Seroquel, 6.25mg/day. Any idea or link to a guide on how to taper this? How do I cut the tablets when they're already too little? If in liquid form, any link in this forum on how to do this.

Thank you for all your help. You're all doing God's work.

Since 3+ years ago, Im just on maintenance drugs of 1.25 mg Jovia (Escitalopram) and 3.25 mg Serotia (Quitipine)

Feb 28 2021 to March 15, 2021, 2.25mg Jovia and 6.25 Serotia

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Richard.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

What time(s) of the day do you take each of these drugs? Is the Seroquel used to help with sleep?

If the Seroquel is used for sleep, you'll likely want to taper it last, as sleep should be a priority. Please see: 

Taking multiple psych drugs? Which drug to taper first?

Please note that escitalopram is a VERY potent drug, so please don't let the low dose trick you. Go slow and you'll be okay. 

Tips for tapering off escitalopram (Lexapro)

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

You may find some helpful information to handle your symptoms here: 

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

We don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

More information on the signature is here:

Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature

As you provide more information, we can better guide you in setting up a safe taper. 

• Shep changed the title to Richard2: Hello. New here. My name is Richard.

Hello Shep,

I take Jovia (generic of Lexapro) morning, then Quitipine 10 mins before bed for sleep. Yes, Quitipine is big sleep helper, but I tried quitting my 5mg Jovia for a month since we thought I can handle the depression and but not the quitipine since we thought it was for the sleep, but I got insomnia for 3 days. So we got back to it again at 5mg, then for almost a year or so, just 2.5/1.25mg intermittently with 3.25 (or 1/8 tablet) quitipine and ive been stable with that for at least 1+ years.

My issue now is: I dont think we have liquid form here in the Philippines, and the saline solution tablet mixture seems too complicated since we need to use another liquid chemical, right? Is it possible to go lower by taking the meds every other day? or maybe skip once a day per week for months?

Since 3+ years ago, Im just on maintenance drugs of 1.25 mg Jovia (Escitalopram) and 3.25 mg Serotia (Quitipine)

• Administrator
16 hours ago, richard2 said:

2.5/1.25mg intermittently

Hello, richard. What does this mean? You were taking 2.5/1.25mg citalopram intermittently? What do you mean by "intermittently"?

Making your own liquid involves plain water, not saline.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Altostrata,

For over a year, I sometimes forget to track whether it is 1/4 or 1/8 tablet, which was a mistake, but I only did that because it didnt appear like it made a difference, so that was what is meant by intermittently.

For 3 years or so, I am just at 1.25/2.5 esci nd 3.25 quitipine. 

Before Feb 27 it was like that, but since Feb 27, I got an ear infection tinnitus that to cope with it, we had to turn our tablets back to 1/2 tablet, which is 2.5/6.5. And then 1 wk later, we are now back at 1/8 and 1/8.

So how do I dissolve the Lexapro and Quitipine, just add water into it and then measure?