Karly Found out I'm pregnant 2×gps + psychiatrist says to stop taking Paxil

Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a rock and a hard place. I am now 4 weeks pregnant. I have been able to tamper down my paxil from 20mg to 15mg over the last few months.  Failed at going straight to 10mg initially. However now I'm being told that I need to stop it immediately and that it may still have impacts on my pregnancy. Im terrified and the Internet is not at all reassuring. Please has anyone been in my position?

P.s Paxil was prescribed for generalised anxiety disorder with panic 

• Altostrata changed the title to Karly Found out I'm pregnant 2×gps + psychiatrist says to stop taking Paxil
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Karly

Paxil is an extraordinarily difficult drug to quit. If you already have experienced withdrawal symptoms from reducing your dosage, you are likely to continue to do so, at increasing intensity.

Why did these doctors tell you to stop it immediately? Did any say what they would do if you got withdrawal syndrome?

Here is our topic about tapering Paxil: Tips for tapering off paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat)

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.