SchrodingerAlive Recovered from Fluoxetine after 1 year of fight !

SchrodingerAlive

@SchrodingerAlive how are you ? are you still bloating ??

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

4 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

@SchrodingerAlive how are you ? are you still bloating ??

Hi @PsychologicalSafe15

It is lessening a little bit. But It is not 100%. I think my guts went into some imbalance mode. They have just crashed. Anything unusual (food) may trigger bloating, nausea, cramps, gaz ...  It started 4th of Oct and still on-going.

At least, I can sleep now. I dont have anymore the weird vivid dreams and insomnia. As I stopped waking up around 5AM.

I think deeply that this gut imbalance is a late wave as I was doing very good since July.  And when the guts are not good the mood is off. It is really impressive how we can be slapped at any moment. I wished I never touched that fluoxetine (poison).

And you bro, how are you doing ? hope things are a bit lessening for you. No worries, It will happen. The only thing we do have is time. Once you reach the point, you will appreciate every second of your life. Just keep pushing !

Take care

your vivid dreams stopped completely ? Man I wsih someone told me this is the withdrawal takes years to subside .
Can you see my signature ? I took 8 different drugs for vivid dreams each made it just worst. Those doctors dont have idea vivid dreams are withdrawal.

Currently I am dealing with fatigue and bloating. My bloating is very extreme .

I pray to GOD please help with my fatigue and bloating . 

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

11 hours ago, PsychologicalSafe15 said:

your vivid dreams stopped completely ? Man I wsih someone told me this is the withdrawal takes years to subside .
Can you see my signature ? I took 8 different drugs for vivid dreams each made it just worst. Those doctors dont have idea vivid dreams are withdrawal.

Currently I am dealing with fatigue and bloating. My bloating is very extreme .

I pray to GOD please help with my fatigue and bloating . 

Yep the vivid dreams just went away as they came. Because once you are into a wave your brain is healing. And all symptoms (including vivid dreams) are his way to tell us something is ongoing. See it like fever. Fever is an alarm system to tell you that there is an infection and your body is being taking care of it.

So all these symptoms are telling you that your brain is making all the appropriate moves to clean the poison mess. As I told you, I did nothing during all these 2 months. I was just letting things to fall into place. And it works.

I was into some phases of fatigue and it is really exhausting !!! 

Let me give you an advice. The more you fight against all this, the more you put yourself into a longer withdrawal. Because your CNS has no time for more stress. So give it some space. Accept your vivid dreams, bloating, IBS ..let'em express themselves. Nothing you can do will remove them. they must happen.  All your body is into imbalance because your CNS is doing his job.

Do you still got this semen leakage thing ?

Stop freaking out my friend. Listen to Sadghuru. Since i'm atheist and dont believe in any gods, Sadghuru wisdom really helped me during my darkest hours.  But you can stick with prayers as well if this helps you.  My golden advice is "STOP stressing your CNS more. You are exhausting it. Let him do his job. This can go for few months. And before you know it, things will suddenly change".

Take care brother

Great story @SchrodingerAlive. Did you have a setback? How much healed are you percentage wise do to you think?

Zoloft, November 2019.  I worked up to 50 mg and stayed there until 1 year later. I tapered for 3 months, which should consider to be cold turkey.
Tapering schedule:
Month 1: 37.5 mg

Month 2: 25 mg

Month 3: 12.5 mg

Month 4(Half the month): 6.75 mg
Month 4(Other half): 0 mg December 9, 2020

@SchrodingerAlive Thanks a lot. I told doctor all about this . They said it wont go away on its own That I got prescribed so many. If I had found people like you i would have been fine.

But it is very hard to accept such life bloating, burping semen leakage and fatigue/dreams.

Your words encourages me. There is nothing I can do about it just wait and see time heals. Vivid dreams were getting lesser and lesser suddenly once It exploded . I think I ate sause which crashed it

• 2 weeks later...

@SchrodingerAlive how are you doing ?? you are lucky your vivid dreams subsided.

My journey has just started. I am extremely bloating and burping as well.

My doctros dont have idea that vivid dreams are the side effects of drugs and they kept on prescribing the drug,

I am 21 years old, I have to study and if I dont life is gonna be very hard later. All my freinds are happy and smile but I am the one who feel fatigued and sleepy in the class.

what a sad moment. Look at these I dont think I can wait till my fatigue and vivid dreams dissapeare

You give me motivation to live.

Hello dear friend, I am glad that you are healed I stuttered I was anxious since childhood but it was not a big problem for me I was happy I just avoided strangers I was happy and normal with my friends, I enjoyed everything I was 17 and I was about to turn 18 I made a big mistake, I did not know I did not know about the harm of the drugs I went to the doctor and he prescribed me fluoxetine I used the medicine for five months I did not feel any positive change I stopped the medicine on my own It was winter I remember that dark day very well my mental state changed I said to myself I must not have slept well at night When I sleep I will get better But when I woke up in the morning I was in a very terrible state I lost my mind and brain I was scared of everything I could not even explain to anyone what happened to me I went to a lot of doctors they prescribed me different drugs but I never get better I have lost my mind and brain 10 years has been passed but still iam living in hell I do not think I will be healed again iam imprisoned in hell forever Do you think I will be healed Fluoxetine is a poison that destroyed my soul It has been eleven months since I quit all the medication but I have not felt any positive change

2011 - started Fluoxetine, followed by many other psychiatric drugs, including Sertraline, Praxotine, Olanzapine, Dulxionee, Mirtazapine, Inderal, Co Dipracap, Helin, Tenxiat

January 2021 - stopped all psychiatric drugs. 

Hi @SchrodingerAlive hope all is well. I water fasted for seven days because I read Autophagy helps reset the brain. It helped my digestive tract heal. Not completely but it did help. Additionally I read SSRIs can get trapped in adipose tissue. Maybe I got a small dose of drug from the fat I burned because I felt okay while fasting, minus the hunger.  I felt clarity and all the intestinal bloating and noises subsided while fasting. 

TL DR;

I got a software engineer apprenticeship and I start in the new year. Yay something to feel happy about! Since you said you felt somewhat  better after 10 months, and I think I am similar to you, do you remember when fatigue started to subside? I’m still very tired daily and my brain feels like a brick sometimes. I am at 7 months off Prozac and 6.5 months since symptoms started. This job opportunity does not come easily and I am hopeful I will be feeling good enough to meet the demands. I have been at home resting and studying when I can, but not actually working. If the lethargy lifts I believe I can handle the rest of these symptoms for another year or so…

2011 bupropion 

2011-2013 Ritalin then mostly adderall 

March 2017 - August 2017 sertraline 50mg

September 2017 - January 2019 Duloxetine 20mg

February 2020 - July 2020 Lexapro 10mg

August 2020 - mid September 2020 paroxetine 

mid September 2020 - mid May 2021 10mg fluoxetine 

Mid May - June 1st 10mg fluoxetine every other day

June 1st cold turkey

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, greetings from neighboring Germany. So, sorry for my not perfect English.

I took Duloxetin for 4,5 Month and tapered it 3 month. So all in all, i took it for 7,5 month. 

I’m off now 6 month and still fighting everyday against withdrawal. 

Symptoms still present: fatigue, dizziness, Mood swings, vegetative imbalance, Muscle spasms, nerve pain. I’m getting lots of good "windows" Where I feel almost normal. These are becoming more and more. But the waves are still not good at all.  

But the good thing is: i have more and more good "windows" and the waves are getting "better". 

So, it’s nearly like you said in some post: The symptoms are “oscillating” between 1 and 5 (10 would be the worst). Few months ago, they were oscillating between 3 and 7.  

But this is by far the hardest time of my life. Every third day I feel the need to whack someone from the pharmaceutical industry.

It is really awful what these drugs do to people!!! This is not human!

Well, that doesn't help, I have to wait for me to fully recover from it.

I would like to thank you from my heart for your story. To be honest, I know the story now from memory reading it every day on my bad days. It helped my so much.

I hope, when after a while I feel well again, that I can write a success story as well.

But until then I still have a lot to do.

Greetings from Germany, Freiburg.

23.11.2020 - 06.07.2021 Duloxetin

• 3 weeks later...

You say after 10/11 months you started to feel reasonably good.

At the 7 month mark, could you have imagined that a few months later you would feel so much better?

23.11.2020 - 06.07.2021 Duloxetin

• 4 weeks later...

@SchrodingerAlive How are you doing ? Can you update ? you are my motivation. Else I am dying every single day and have commited suicide. Even right now I think to hang but again your recovery give me hope.

I am somewhere 7 months off the last dosage yet I have semen leakage , vivid dreams and bloating. Damn.

Hi @PsychologicalSafe15

I did not post for few weeks as my stomach was not in good health since Oct. 2021 (bloating, nausea, spasms). I met with a naturopath who put me in a gluten free diet. I started this diet 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile, he connected me with a lab who will do gluten intolerence tests. My blood work amongst other stuff (urines, saliva) will be submitted this monday.

During those 3 weeks diet, I felt a little bit of relief (less nausea, less gaz and bloating from time to time).

I still believe 100% that this stomach setback is something related to the way the brain is adjusting. Because it hit me out of nowhere. Nausea and diarrhea were really high during Oct. 2021 and then no more diarrhea and less nausea.

Just hang on there. Try to change your diet for 1 week maybe the gluten is responsible for something ... 

I also noticed that when I got some stress it goes directly to the stomach. Before Oct. 2021, I used to have shortness of breathing ... Every symptom is gone now but still this gut imbalance who hits me late in this protracted withdrawal (I'm at 19 months off of the  last dose fluoxetine) ...

Anyway, we are not the center of the universe. Just relax and go thu this hard times. You are not alone

Maybe the universe be with you !!

@SchrodingerAlive Ah man , If my semen leakage even shows slight improvement, or it gives me any signal that It is improving I would have forgotten it .

It has been more than 3.5 years still same. I am scared my sexual dysfunction is permanent. I give it more 3-4 years if it doesn't improve I am gonna sign out this life for sure. THat sh*tty doctor who prescribed me 30 mg fluoxetine , I cant belive how he did that. He should have only put me to 20 mg.

Next time I went to doctor again, he prescribed me 40 mg fluoxetine  again. I really want to kill that doctor.

Dont know how many innocent life he will ruin by prescribing high dosage.

Love you  man. France is heaven, I wish I was born in France , this ******* poor country with sh*tty doctor ruined my life, I had so much great dream to work in NASA, I wanted to study particle physics and make new propulsion system and ways to stabilize wormhole but now I lay all time worrying about this ****, unfortunately I failed in 1st semester of my exam , I know I am gonna fail the 2nd semester too.

I really want to kill that doctor. 

• 1 year later...

@SchrodingerAlive

I very much appreciate your sticking around and answering so many questions.  Because of this fact, I would rate your ability to help others as very high.  Thanks so much.

I now need to help my wife get off Fluoxetine.  I will be advising her to use the 10% drop from the previous dose level and then hold for 4 to 6 weeks.  Slow and easy does it, is my experience from tapering off venlafaxine.

Highest Regards to YOU!

And Blessings also.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer."  Romans 12:12

See LarryS Health History

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/18063-larrys-tapering-off-venlafaxine-effexor-225mg/?do=findComment&comment=575976

Aug 2014 start Venlafaxine 225 mg.

Other Pharmaceuticals per day:  Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg

Vitamins per day:  C 1,000 mg; D3 50 mcg; Probiotic 218 mg; Fish Oil 1,600 mg; Magnesium Glycinate Liquid 165 mg; CoQ10 40 mg; Saw Palmetto 320 mg; Calcium 250 mg; Red Yeast Rice 1,200 mg; Plant Sterol Esters 1,000 mg

Start Taper: 225 mg to 55 mg; June 5, 2018, to June 15, 2019

49 mg July 16, 2019; 44 mg August 13, 2019; 49 mg (up 11%) Aug. 26, 2019: 44 mg Sept. 10, 2019; 40 mg Oct. 8, 2019;  37.5 mg (6%) Nov. 6, 2019; 49.5 mg (up 32%) Nov 18, 2019; 44.5 mg Dec. 30, 2019; 40 mg Jan. 27, 2020; 36 mg Feb. 24, 2020; 32.5 mg March 23, 2020; 29.2 mg April 20, 2020; 26.3 mg May 18, 2020; 23.7 mg June 15, 2020; 21.3 mg July 6, 2020; 19.2 mg Aug. 4, 2020; 17.3 mg Sept. 1, 2020; 15.5 mg Sept. 29, 2020; 14.0 mg Oct. 27, 2020; 12.6 mg Nov. 24, 2020; 11.3 mg Dec. 15, 2020; 10.2 mg Jan. 5, 2021; 9.2 mg Feb. 2, 2021; 8.3 mg March 9, 2021; 7.4 mg April 6, 2021; 6.7 mg 5/4/2021; 6.0 mg 6/01/2021; 5.4 mg 7/13/2021; 4.9 mg 8/10/2021; 4.4 mg 9/9/2021; 4.0 mg 10/14/2021; 3.5 mg 11/11/2021; 7.5 mg (up 200%) 12/6/2021; 6.75 mg 1/17/2022; 6.00 mg 2/21/2022; 5.62 mg 3/21/2022; 4.87 mg 4/25/2022; 4.50 mg 5/30/2022; 4.13 mg 7/5/2022; 3.75 mg 8/1/2022; 3.38 mg 9/7/2022; 3.00 mg 10/5/2022; 2.63 mg 11/02/2022; 2.25 mg 12/1/2022; 1.88 mg 1/5/2023; 1.50 mg 2/9/2023; 1.13 mg 3/16/2023; 0.75 mg 4/20/2023; ZERO mg 5/5/2023

18 minutes ago, LarryS said:

@SchrodingerAlive

I very much appreciate your sticking around and answering so many questions.  Because of this fact, I would rate your ability to help others as very high.  Thanks so much.

I now need to help my wife get off Fluoxetine.  I will be advising her to use the 10% drop from the previous dose level and then hold for 4 to 6 weeks.  Slow and easy does it, is my experience from tapering off venlafaxine.

Highest Regards to YOU!

And Blessings also.

Hi @LarryS

Thanks so much. Yes I think getting off slowly this poison is very much recommended. Unfortunately i did it the wrong way as I was advised by an a@@ho@@le of doctor. I ended up being slapped by the worst withdrawal symptoms you can imagine.

Now i'm approaching 3 years off medication (this coming 17th of July) and I can say my health is improving even better than before. As I got a setback around 15 months with stomach and nausea that lasted for a 1 year.

I still have same weird stuffs but not like before. I should say that time is the strongest variable in this equation. Like Scorpions once sung : Time it needs time ..to win back your "health" again !!!

I remember my doc saying "no worries, Fluoxetine is not harmful you will get over it in matter of 3 weeks at max" .. hahahah .. man ..  took me 3 years !!!!!! for not even 1 year of taking it ...

Anyways, my deepest hug to you & your wife. Everything will be fine. She will feel bad then good then worse then bad ..then a little bad ..then good .. then very good ..then worse ..then good .. and good and very good ...   so no worries ..

May the universe bless you !

11 hours ago, SchrodingerAlive said:

I still have same weird stuffs but not like before. I should say that time is the strongest variable in this equation. Like Scorpions once sung : Time it needs time ..to win back your "health" again !!!

Thank you @SchrodingerAlive for sharing and coming back to encourage us. You have given us hope!

What weird stuff are still going on for you?

I also suffer from vivid dreams, sometimes two a night. They are weird, not frightening. I'm not freaked out by them, just tired from the poor quality sleep (vivid dreams + waking up 4/5 times a night + light sleep). Can you let me know how long it took for you to go back to sleeping 8 hours continuously a night? Thank you.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.