JoeSM: I am looking into tapering bupropion 150 XR…

JoeSM

On 12/24/2021 at 7:34 AM, WiggleIt said:

@JoeSM

You may also want to consider joining support groups on Facebook for people with dystonia and dyskinesia. Not all the people there have medication-induced disorders; some people it’s genetic or from head injuries. But they are still a good resource. However, they are not people who know about AD withdrawal. 

But you still might find the groups good to ask about movements.

some FB group names are:

Dystonia is a disorder not a Disease

Neuronauts

The Silence of Dystonia

20/30 Dystonia 

Think about sending requests to join one or more of those! 

The movement hasn’t let up 16 hours of head bobbing and more. Dystonia feels like it’s breaking my body. 
I go to the nurse practitioner the 30th.

don’t know how I’m even going to sit in the passenger side of the car. Don’t know what to say about the bupropion 150 XR … wanted to ask about liquid titration if she would approve it.

I’m scared and lost. My sister is saying Jesus will heal it others in the drugged harmed community say it will take time off of toxins… like A. says what does time mean. The woman who wrote Psychiatrized said it took 4 years to see improvements and she is out and about. 

2009 Cymbalta 1 day. First ever anti-depressant. Stopped immediately.

2015 Prozac ( bad reaction ) bridged to other antidepressants. Don’t remember names. Severe reaction. More medications, don’t remember all the names or dates.

2016: Deadly akathisia, hospitalized for 2 weeks. ( don’t know the dates ) 72 hour holds: 

shot with Ativan ( don’t know the dates ). Later another 2 week hospitalization. ( Don’t know the dates…

2018 Bupropion, Divalproex, Trazodone, Quetiapine, Ativan
2019 Quit Trazadone 50mg, crossed over from Ativan to Valium at around 30 mg equivalent.

2020 August quit Divalproex, quit Quetiapine 25mg, began tapering Valium 7.5mg

2021 July quit Valium 0.5mg
2021 (when?) Austedo and another drug for 1.5weeks

Current: Bupropion 150 XR

• Moderator Emeritus
26 minutes ago, JoeSM said:

Don’t know what to say about the bupropion 150 XR … wanted to ask about liquid titration if she would approve it.

When we speak to a medical professional we need to be calm and clearly state what we need, instead of asking I think you state that what you need and tell her the reason is so that you can do a careful taper off your drug.  You might find it helps to jot down some notes and rehearse what you want to say to them.  Remember that it is you who is being affected not the doctor.

Have you seen the options in Post #1 of this topic: 

tips-for-tapering-off-wellbutrin-sr-xr-xl-zyban-buproprion

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 11 months later...

Hi! How are you doing? 

2000-2018 150-200mg Sertraline and Vyvanse

2018- vyvanse 60mg to 0 over 6mo. 200mg Sertraline to 150mg. 2019- 150mg Sertraline to 100mg. Early 2021- 100mg to 87.5, two weeks later 87.5 to 75mg, 1.25-4mg bromazepam PRN. Mid 2021 - Feb 2022 taper 2.5%-5% 75mg to 50mg. March 2022 bromazepam for 3 weeks. May 9th 2022 started Propranolol, 10mg in the morning and 10mg in the evening. July 2022- off propranolol Oct 2022- off birth control. Dec 2022- updose sertraline 100mg, benztropine 1mg and Ativan 1mg. March 2023- stop benztropine. May 2023 - ativan taper finished. May 2023 - updose Sertraline to 125mg added propranolol 40mg added Ativan 1mg. July 5- sertraline 112.5mg propranolol 60mg, quick 2 week Ativan taper. Current meds: propranolol 60mg, sertraline 106.25mg, Ativan .025mg, B6, CoQ10, Magnesium Glycinate

But my story is the ultimate tragedy… I have severe Tardive Dyskinesia… I can barely walk, and I make animal sounds my face twists and turns and I have Dystonia and akathisia… boy did I get ***** up. I just took a shower and it was the hardest thing and yet I looked down at my once trained body, and I can imagine even at 63 I would’ve been at the best shape of my life I was an actor and personal trainer, and working on one of the biggest television shows in the world, and now I can barely do crap. I sought alternatives, got stem cells, but my nose cavity nothing is helped and I may have to try big Pharma’s TD drug because I don’t know what to do. I hope you’re well. I’ve just been getting my story out there. I used to be so handsome and now I’m gruesome… I don’t know what else to do. I hope you’re well.

2015 Prozac ( bad reaction ) bridged to other antidepressants. Don’t remember names. Severe reaction. More medications, don’t remember all the names or dates.

2016: Deadly akathisia, hospitalized for 2 weeks. ( don’t know the dates ) 72 hour holds: 

shot with Ativan ( don’t know the dates ). Later another 2 week hospitalization. ( Don’t know the dates…

2019 Quit Trazadone 50mg, crossed over from Ativan to Valium at around 30 mg equivalent.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joe, I read your thread and hope that you continue to persevere. It sounds like you are in a lot of pain and this entire development has been atrocious. 

You don’t deserve to be experiencing this. From what I understand, the worst of the movement disorder developed in 2021. That is not too long ago, unfortunately. As Wigglet explained there were many times in her journey things did not appear to be improving and even got worse. She is doing better, however. 

There is every possibility that you can see improvements too. It even sounds like you have experienced some improvements. in your signature you referenced deadly Akathisia and it sounds like this may be less of an issue for you now. I certainly hope so! 

I guarantee you that no matter how different you are currently from who you were, you are not gruesome. You are human. You don’t know how people perceive you, you only know how your most critical self would perceive you. What about your most accepting and living self? Everyone with any similar experience would see you as a hero, a leader, a light. You are someone healing from a medical injury. It is obscenely difficult. Others have made it to the other side and you can too. 

Even your writing here is graceful. You have not lost an ounce of elegance. 

Please keep doing everything you can to be healthy and health will follow. I don’t believe in religion. I don’t believe in the medical establishment. I don’t believe in the pharmaceutical industry. I do believe in humanity. People. You. 

Aug 2020 - Feb 2022 on and off Lexapro 5 and 10mg,  Rapid taper

Nov 2021 - May 2022 on off Wellbutrin 100mg, 150mg, 75mg CT clindamycin cycle and also Plan B bc 1x 

Fall 2020- June 2022 - Xanax .5 PRN usually 4x a week, CT 

June 2022 - Z pack, Buspar 7.5 3 days

September 20-24th - low tryptophan diet and 20-30g beef gelatin powder

Oct 3- 16 - Xanax .5 for sleep each pm, 1 mg Ativan in ER, .25 Xanax —> .125–>0 

Oct 14-17Trazadone 50/75, Lunesta 3mg 

Oct 24-  start Belsomra, 4 days to20mg 

Nov 3-5 10mg Belsomra and 300mg Gabapentin 

Oct 13-Dec 1 Buspar 7.5 2x/day rapid taper over 2 weeks due to ADR 

Recent: Belsomra 20mg since 10/23/2022 to 15mg mid December for 2 nights —> 20mg —> 15 mg since 12/22/2022 —>14 mg compounded 02/11/2023 —> 15 mg 2/13 —> 10mg 2/22 —> 5mg 3/1 —> 0mg 3/8/2023 

Current:  Propanolol 20mg AM, 10mg 4pm, 20mg PM since 11/30/2022

My name Joey. Joeys Jagged Journey.  Thanks.

I was in the emergency room last night… I’m taking Valium, which I hate… Everything is getting much harder. My physical pain is immense. It is kind of like Parkinson’s on speed. It feels like my jaw is going to break off because of the repetitions… I can’t hardly sit up, unless I make myself rigid… Joey’s jagged journey is followed a lot by people… I try to inform about informed consent, and my trials and tribulations… I’m kind of like a prisoner in my own body. Mine kind of looks like Huntington’s disease. Are used to be an actor, a personal trainer and stuff… I’m experiencing so much grief… It’s hard for me to stay in the present moment because of the pain always challenging me. I’m really nobody’s hero. Thanks, Joey