Komp

• Administrator
On 3/9/2023 at 3:15 AM, Altostrata said:

Make a switch to Prozac at your own risk.

I understand how difficult this is, but since you joined in December 2021, you have made many drug switches under the guidance of your doctor. I am sorry that they have not worked out better.

We did not suggest any of those drug switches. We would never have recommended taking 40mg or 30mg Prozac to go off 50mg or 25mg Pristiq. 

It's possible your symptoms are withdrawal from Pristiq -- one can have withdrawal symptoms even if taking a substitute drug -- or they could be from too much Prozac. Or they could be from something else, maybe a new drug you haven't mentioned yet. It would take a lot of unpaid work to figure this out. 

Whenever one of these experiments by your doctor goes wrong, you come here asking for our help, but you have not followed any of our suggestions. Can you imagine how frustrating this must be for people who are donating their time?

However, dealing with this is your prescriber's job, not ours. There are many ignorant doctors out there telling patients to take this drug or that drug and then not recognizing adverse effects of the drugs or the drug switches. We cannot be unpaid backup for all bad advice by psychiatric prescribers. Please talk to your doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It’s difficult to discount your “new” doctors treatment plan. I even requested a longer tapering off from Pristiq and a slower increase in Prozac. Thinking that 30mg of Prozac is over stimulating; however I’m concerned about the return of depression after going off of Pristiq. 

I also went off of Buspirone the same week as Pristiq. Hoping my CNS goes back to some normalcy soon. 
I appreciate your feedback. Komp

2001 - Effexor XR - 75 mg 7/20/2021 - Prozac - 60 mg 5/12/2021 -  Cymbalta 

7/28/2021 -  Lexapro9/1/2021 -  lamotrigine  1/4/2022 - Prozac, Ativan 1 mg and Remeron 7.5mg 4/25/22 - Lexapro and Ativan 1 mg 9/11/22 - 50 mg PRISTIQ 11/15/22 400 mg gabapentin 11/27/22 off .25 mg Ativan (1 mg for a year)1/6/ 23 Busbar 5 mg 2x daily