UserMan1775: Having trouble reinstating Prozac, looking for advice

UserMan1775

• Administrator

Looks like you have adverse effects from the Prozac and maybe Ativan, too. Adverse effects generally decrease when dosage decreases.

This is a site for going off drugs. We're not going to encourage you to increase them. If that's the direction you want to go, please consult your doctor, that's what you pay him or her for.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:43 PM, UserMan1775 said:

Can't seem to 'stablize' at any dose low or high

Regardless of what you do, stabilizing is a process that can take several months. So you cannot expect to notice an immediate effect. But, if you do notice an immediate worse effect, then the dose is too high.

These drugs do not cure depression and anxiety in the way we are told. They are like any other mood altering drug. Using alcohol to help cure depression only works up to a point, then it makes things worse. It is the same with the psychoactive substance being marketed under the name "antidepressant".

http://cepuk.org/unrecognised-facts/

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for answering my questions UserMan1775.  Appreciate it.

And updating your signature too.  Thank you.

And good on those last notes.

I hope that was enough clarity I gave you too, around the Notes.

It's good to post more than one day at a time, when you have them.

Awesome, in fact.....because then we can see if there are patterns beyond just one day.

Just delineate the days with spacing and a notation at the top for each separate day.  A numerical date is better than saying friday, or saturday.

If you have decided to work with us a bit here, then please do post some more Notes/drug and symptom journals.

I had noticed that you took your Ativan at 4 pm one day, and then 12 noon, the next day.

I had thought you said you were doing bid or twice a day.

And then you took no Prozac on the 16th of December?

On 12/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, UserMan1775 said:

Dec 15th-16th:

Dec 15

8am woke up, felt nauseous

12 PM ate lunch and took 20mg prozac

3PM tingly burning head ache started

4PM took .5mg ativan, start to lose nausea and feel better

5PM get dinner

7PM Burning tingly headache gets worse

9PM try to start geeting ready for sleep/shower

1AM finally fall asleep

On 12/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, UserMan1775 said:

Dec 16

6AM slept waking up every 30 minutes, was awful burning headache is still there and awful

12PM ate lunch and took .5 ativan, feeling emotionally and physically awful

2PM start to feel immensely better once ativan kicks in, still have headache

3PM start nap with awful painful headache

9PM wake up and finally 34 hours uncomfortable headache subsided for the most part (happened identically last time i took 20mg)

My gosh, timing and consistency of most medications/drugs can be really important. 

And some of your symptoms, WD related and other, may be related to so many changes, in such a brief time frame, in not only dosages, but timing too.

Your system is no doubt craving some stability, any stability now.

So please post again, with a bit of clarity.......NOTES/daily drug and symptom logs again, are wonderful for that, and to maintain a bit of objectivity too(for you, and then for us when looking at them too).

Hope you are doing well enough today, as we often say.  I do.

I know it feels like forever and a day, waiting to feel stable.......you'll get there........I do believe that you will.

Do keep us posted and updated.

Keep going with the Notes!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, clarity

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

1 hour ago, UserMan1775 said:

Hello,

This has happened to me, except the burning is just in my head like my scalp and brain it feels like.

Sleep is awful, hope it fixes.

And hi again.

It may be good to post your information around symptoms you are having, right here for now too, so that your information on you is all in one spot.  You are welcome to post to others anytime as well.......best to keep it supportive, and around their stuff too.  Just clarifying is all.

You are still fairly new, and it can take a bit of time, to......get comfy, and find your way around.

We do have many that suffer from similar symptoms here.  And then the whole Symptoms and Self Care Forum too, which has many topics.  You'll find the top pinned subjects really helpful now, to begin to practice more and more non-drug coping when symptoms arise.

And then, here are some topics pertaining to the symptoms you mention above, with ideas for coping.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1785-migraine-headache-neck-ache-pain-and-head-pressure/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/8627-someday-tingling-pin-prick-burn-y-sensations-around-bodyface/

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Just click on the underlined topics, and it will take you right to them.

Best, sleep, and clear head,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Okay, let me update you where I am at, I tried taking the 20mg per my doctor instructions last week, it is not going all that great.

I have had negative reactions at 5mg 10mg and 20mg, the problem is up at the 20 mg, i can feel my depression is better and suicidal thoughts are gone which is why I am so scared to change.

The last dose I took was wed i have had no prozac in my system thurs, friday, and today, and my headache is better, but my neasaeu and sleep is terrible.

I am not sure what the next move is. I have horrible anxiety disorder and depression, i would have NEVER stopped if I knew something like this could happen.

What do I do next? Am I stuck to just be on nothing and suffer for a few months, boy i do not know what to do and I am so frightened.

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

Prozac 40MG for 5 years - 2016 - 2021 (Total of 13 years of consecutive use)

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Recent Issue:  Tapered gradually from 40MG down to 0MG from May 7th - Aug 18th

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

Not happy about it, but on 1.5mg 3x ativan and temazepam 15mg for sleep

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

11 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

And hi again.

It may be good to post your information around symptoms you are having, right here for now too, so that your information on you is all in one spot.  You are welcome to post to others anytime as well.......best to keep it supportive, and around their stuff too.  Just clarifying is all.

You are still fairly new, and it can take a bit of time, to......get comfy, and find your way around.

We do have many that suffer from similar symptoms here.  And then the whole Symptoms and Self Care Forum too, which has many topics.  You'll find the top pinned subjects really helpful now, to begin to practice more and more non-drug coping when symptoms arise.

And then, here are some topics pertaining to the symptoms you mention above, with ideas for coping.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/1785-migraine-headache-neck-ache-pain-and-head-pressure/

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/8627-someday-tingling-pin-prick-burn-y-sensations-around-bodyface/

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Just click on the underlined topics, and it will take you right to them.

Best, sleep, and clear head,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Thank you for all the kind links

Klonopin Mar 2013 - Feb 2021 - used .000 gram scale to cut pills did very slowly from 2017-2021, had no issues stopping after final dose that was sub .5mg diazepam equivalent (If anyone wants advice for tapering Klonopin with a gram scale, feel free to ask!)

tapered off zyprexa twice over 2 weeks in my 20's, had little issue with that after about 3-4 years of use both times.

(Most recent after last break, been on cumulatively in my life 14 years all times combined, 3 separate on/off occasions, all successful except most recent 3/4)

Felt fine through Oct 5th, slowly started getting depression, panic, and anxiety (Was original thing I was treated for)

Decided to go back on SSRI Nov 1st, reacted very bad to 20mg reinstatement, day 1 was fine, day 2 had ADR. Doctor said to drop dosage.

Took 5mg for 2 weeks, 10mg for 2 weeks, still felt physically sick, could not take 20mg for more than 3 days, looking for advice going forward (ADR)

(Was sleeping 2-3 hrs nightly prior to temazepam, was first thing that broke 2-3 hr then wide awake sleep cycle)

Main symptoms: headaches from certain foods and meds, sleep is broken, anxiety and agitation is extremely high, cortisol spike sensitive, bad in morning better at night, panic attacks, concentration is awful, focus is awful, anhedonia is awful, sensitive to light and noise, especially noise, extreme depression, intense bouts of fear, every looks and feels 'scary' at times, stress tolerance extremely low, have bouts of extreme anxiety, and bouts akathesia, and bouts extreme anticipatory anxiety over basic events/tasks. Nervous system is clearly crashed.

No Prozac for 249 days.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, UserMan1775 said:

Okay, let me update you where I am at, I tried taking the 20mg per my doctor instructions last week, it is not going all that great.

I have had negative reactions at 5mg 10mg and 20mg, the problem is up at the 20 mg, i can feel my depression is better and suicidal thoughts are gone which is why I am so scared to change.

The last dose I took was wed i have had no prozac in my system thurs, friday, and today, and my headache is better, but my neasaeu and sleep is terrible.

I am not sure what the next move is. I have horrible anxiety disorder and depression, i would have NEVER stopped if I knew something like this could happen.

What do I do next? Am I stuck to just be on nothing and suffer for a few months, boy i do not know what to do and I am so frightened.

I know, I know........you hang in there now, and try and focus on something anything pleasant.  A song.  A nice memory.  Dreams of your future.  Or better yet.....stay present........enjoy a warm shower or a soft blanket or a beautiful sunset.

I'm a little lost as far as your days and doses on Prozac now.  But here is the thing about Prozac, and many other drugs we deal with here.  Prozac, with it's longer half life.......might just take a bit longer for your body and physiology to register when you make changes.  Meaning, a change made Wednesday......might not even be felt until......I don't know exactly but let's say.......next Wednesday.

And so, it's not ever just about getting the drug out of your body......there's so much more going on.....

See:  How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

even just read through the first post there

Knowledge is empowering or power too!  So take charge, empower yourself.

Next moves? 

I might, if it was me.......go back to a 5 mg or less dose of Prozac tomorrow.   How does a 2 mg dose sound to you?  And then take it at a consistent time, each day, while keeping NOTES, and then sharing them here too.  A couple days together is always nice, as I think I said already.

And to get a 2 mg dose, take a look at the tapering topic first, as it goes over how to get non standard doses:

Tips for tapering off Prozac(fluoxetine)

And then with the Ativan.  Just for the next little while, at least, take the same dose, same times, each day consistently.  I might try spacing those 2 doses 12 hours apart.

Just some consistency for a couple of days to a week, with the drugs, might give you the stability you are yearning for.......or ease some of your symptoms.  I don't mean that you would just ditch the drugs again after a week though.......you'd HOLD, and then after some time, begin a taper.  That's the harm reduction way.

And send us some NOTES too.  Right here, in a reply box.  All I want for Christmas are your Notes.  Oh, Lol, tis the season too.........in all earnestness, to feel sometimes a bit thrown and ready......so ready.......to have no struggles at all.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, if you need too, right here.  If you are wondering more about making Prozac liquid say.......just ask. 

Do make your own best effort, and you have been........to read and understand first before asking.

Do not read too much on everlasting symptoms, or brain damage.......or any of that stuff now.  That'll keep you stuck, if anything will.  Make some friends, like buddies here.......you can always use the PM system to chat about this or that too.  That little envelope icon at the top of your screen. 

(we as staff, don't like to get PM's though, we'd rather address questions right here)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

@UserMan1775

In your signature it says you take .5 mg Ativan morning and .5 mg e evening. What time do you take it? 

You need to be on a consistent schedule with Ativan because it only stays in your system approximately 8 hours. It's a short acting benzo. You might try taking it at 8 am and 8 pm (just an example). But it needs to be taken an hour before or after any other medication. And it needs to be consistent like I said above.

Let's try this and keep notes for a few days. See how it goes. Then we can adjust it as you need it. 

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

For the insomnia, my dad had a suggestion, what if I just stay up until I can't stay up any longer, does that work?

Anyone try that? I don't want to do it tho and the still have more trouble sleeping and be exhausting, not tonight was just a thought.

No Prozac for 249 days.

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, UserMan1775 said:

For the insomnia, my dad had a suggestion, what if I just stay up until I can't stay up any longer, does that work?

Personally I do not think that is a very good idea.  Even if you do not sleep, your body still needs rest.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

9 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Personally I do not think that is a very good idea.  Even if you do not sleep, your body still needs rest.

Okay, thank you

No Prozac for 249 days.

On 12/14/2021 at 11:59 PM, UserMan1775 said:

I should have never hopped back on or NEVER stopped in the first place, this is a nightmare. I am so scared.

@UserMan1775 This is how I've been feeling for the last month after trying to reinstate sertraline to get rid of withdrawal symptoms. I thought that it would be an immediate 'fix' like if I'd only missed a couple of doses rather than a couple of months off the meds. So I reinstated at too high a dose and it's made me feel so much worse. Finally found this site and going to reduce sertraline dose right down. I'm wondering if I should also switch to citalopram to try and stabilise on that, because my body is clearly too sensitised to sertraline now. Horrific symptoms, dissociation, pounding heart, disturbed sleep, can't eat, suicidal thoughts etc... 

I am just praying that there will be some relief soon 

Sept 2021 - CT sertraline 25mg. told it was a 'placebo dose', knew nothing about the dangers or mechanism of these drugs

Nov 2021 - Jan 2022 - failed reinstatement attempt which exacerbated symptoms as it gave me severe serotonin syndrome, unrecognised by doctors who told me to double my dose (!!!!). this was a very awful period, was still trying to work and go to uni, eventually had to quit everything & move back in with family. horrific 'altered reality' symptoms of dissociation, hallucinations, insomnia, chemical dread, racing heart, agitation, nausea, burning & more 

Jan 14th 2022 - 0mg SSRI

Currently, 2023: in recovery from drug-induced neurological dysfunction/PAWS. only meds- 10mg amitriptyline at night.

• Administrator
On 12/8/2021 at 8:13 PM, Altostrata said:

Is this how you feel on 10mg?

If so, suggest you might go back to 5mg. Sleep disruption is not a beneficial effect of antidepressants.

Please let us know how you're doing. 

We're not about treating "depression" here, we're looking to reduce withdrawal effects. A lower dose reinstatement might allow you to sleep, but it may not immediately eliminate all withdrawal symptoms. That may take some time, as your nervous system stabilizes with a low dose of the drug as a crutch.

You decided not to take this advice before. Please review this topic from the beginning. We do our best, but we cannot save people from themselves if they insist on making the same mistakes over and over.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

10 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We're not about treating "depression" here, we're looking to reduce withdrawal effects. A lower dose reinstatement might allow you to sleep, but it may not immediately eliminate all withdrawal symptoms. That may take some time, as your nervous system stabilizes with a low dose of the drug as a crutch.

You decided not to take this advice before. Please review this topic from the beginning. We do our best, but we cannot save people from themselves if they insist on making the same mistakes over and over.

Oh no I understand, I was just trying to figure out what was going on, sorry when I first posted I was very confused and scared.

I have appreciated everyone weighing in on my issue! Please don't think it was meant to come off as disrespect. 

No Prozac for 249 days.

• Administrator

Not at all, we see this all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, so update on my situation.

I have tried reinstating prozac each way from sunday, I tried going 5 to 10 to 15 to 20, higher dose leads to more headache and side effects.

I tried all the microdoses 2mg, 1mg, .5mg, somehow still give me headache and downside i was getting no therapuetic benefit.

I tried taking it at night, tried taking it in the morning, for whatever reason my system won't take it.

So this sucks and I do not really know what to do.

I will say for anyone looking for this, i was taking on average 10-20mg for the most part over the past 2 months, and I can definitely tell the medication still works, less anxiety and depression after a few weeks, so it is still 'working', but the new side effects I never had before are simply intolerable.

I am going to be off it for the next week and give another SSRI at a low dose a try, i will report back here.

Any other input would be helpful. My issue is I very in fact have severe depression and panic disorder, I have had this way before I was on any medicine, I should have really thought way longer before attempting to stop, but here I am and I need to deal with the now and extra issue's I never had before.

It's like I am between a rock and a hard place, I take the medicine, i get sick, I don't take the medicine, I get sick.

Any extra advice is always welcome, working with doctor's I explained this all to them along with the information on the website and they have been very supportive, we are just proceeding with caution I suppose.

Any suggestion from people from the website would be great.

I was thinking of making a video or doing a stream on YT or something, maybe I could get more insight that way.

Idk thoughts, thank you all again for assisting as much as you all can thus far.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Any suggestions from anyone super appreciated, still not sure what next step is.

No Prozac for 249 days.

It takes months to stabilize on a dose and jumping around like this is upsetting your brain without any potential for helping you. Only doing more harm.

Considerations about "Stability" - Stop jumping around!

You have not followed our advice so far and been doing your own experimenting instead. I don't see what more we can do for you?

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

Many of us are advise to skip doses to get of meds, even though after coming to the forum we are aware it is the worst method, sometimes it is too late.

If you try to reinstatement a medication, and get adverse effects at any dose, one you used to take, it's stated you are sensitized or your nervous system is destablized.

Question though, once you are not sensitized and your nervous system is not destablized, theoretically would you be able to try again and potentially be successful?

How long would that take? Theoretically.

No Prozac for 249 days.

7 minutes ago, Kiasofia said:

It takes months to stabilize on a dose and jumping around like this is upsetting your brain without any potential for helping you. Only doing more harm.

Considerations about "Stability" - Stop jumping around!

You have not followed our advice so far and been doing your own experimenting instead. I don't see what more we can do for you?

Every dose I tried for 4-7 days and if advised the side effects are adverse or unbearable to stop, that is what has happened at every dosage.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Then reinstatement is not an option for you. You need to stop experimenting and give your nervous system time to heal. Starting a new SSRI is therefore a bad idea and not a process we can support you in. We are a sight for coming off drugs, not finding a new one.

Drug history

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

15 minutes ago, Kiasofia said:

Then reinstatement is not an option for you. You need to stop experimenting and give your nervous system time to heal. Starting a new SSRI is therefore a bad idea and not a process we can support you in. We are a sight for coming off drugs, not finding a new one.

So, I have no choice but to just live in this nightmare for an indeterminate amount of time? I can't sleep every night, I can barely eat, I know I see many others on here say the same thing, but how am I supposed to live? 

I can't leave my home, I don't know what to do, and I am not used to not 'listening' to doctors like so many suggest on here.

Should I go to like a neuropsych instead and explain what I think happened? Maybe they would have better plan.

No Prozac for 249 days.

I understand your desperation and frustration. I've been in the exact same situation. I did desperate things too, and only got worse. Recovering from brain injury takes time. And I know it's terrifying to not be able to trust medical professionals anymore. If we could, this forum wouldn't need to exist.

Some find Magnesium, helpful for sleep.

Are you taking the Ativan doses at the same time every day? What effect is it having?

Drug history

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

7 minutes ago, Kiasofia said:

I understand your desperation and frustration. I've been in the exact same situation. I did desperate things too, and only got worse. Recovering from brain injury takes time. And I know it's terrifying to not be able to trust medical professionals anymore. If we could, this forum wouldn't need to exist.

Some find Magnesium, helpful for sleep.

Are you taking the Ativan doses at the same time every day? What effect is it having?

I will grab some magnesium, I need to add that to my diet anyway.

Yes, I take the ativan everyday, same time twice a day, only thing holding me together to be completely honest.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Make sure to start it at a low dose and gradually increase. If you can get a powder that mixes with water, you can sip it throughout the day. Magnesium citrate is gentler on the stomach than the more commonly sold magnesium carbonate. Make sure it's not mixed with other vitamins or supplements, as they can be activating. Some find Epsom Salt Baths soothing and a good way to get magnesium. 

Drug history

2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

• Administrator
6 hours ago, UserMan1775 said:

Yes, I take the ativan everyday, same time twice a day, only thing holding me together to be completely honest.

Please keep notes of when you take Ativan, and when the symptoms you attribute to withdrawal seem worse. @Frogie, would you be so kind as to consult here?

2 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please keep notes of when you take Ativan, and when the symptoms you attribute to withdrawal seem worse. @Frogie, would you be so kind as to consult here?

Alto, I am really scared, will I ever be able to sleep again after the adverse reaction to the reinstatement?

How does it do that to your sleep, in one day? I used to sleep 9 hours a night, the past 2 months have been driving me mad

I am just so scared Alto, I spoke with Aunt, she is asking is there any Dr I can talk to in the area that is knowledgeable in this area?

I cannot believe this has happened still, I am at such a loss.

No Prozac for 249 days.

First half of the day is hell, with the worst being the morning, as the day goes on it gets easier, is this due to cortisol you think?

No Prozac for 249 days.

• Administrator

It very well might be from your inconsistent Ativan dosing. @Frogie will explain.

@UserMan1775

I asked you this on December 18:

"In your signature it says you take .5 mg Ativan morning and .5 mg e evening. What time do you take it? 

You need to be on a consistent schedule with Ativan because it only stays in your system approximately 8 hours. It's a short acting benzo. You might try taking it at 8 am and 8 pm (just an example). But it needs to be taken an hour before or after any other medication. And it needs to be consistent like I said above.

Let's try this and keep notes for a few days. See how it goes. Then we can adjust it as you need it."

Could you help me out and answer this so I can help you get a schedule going so you can start feeling better. Thanks!

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

8 minutes ago, Frogie said:

@UserMan1775

I asked you this on December 18:

"In your signature it says you take .5 mg Ativan morning and .5 mg e evening. What time do you take it? 

Let's try this and keep notes for a few days. See how it goes. Then we can adjust it as you need it."

Could you help me out and answer this so I can help you get a schedule going so you can start feeling better. Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry, I thought I answered I take it 7 and 7.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Oh no worries,

Do you think it helps to take it 12 hours apart? Or do you think splitting the doses and taking it more frequently would help?

Just now, Frogie said:

Oh no worries,

Do you think it helps to take it 12 hours apart? Or do you think splitting the doses and taking it more frequently would help?

Hello, it actually seems to work for me okay, as the day gets darker i feel better, so even if i have minor afternoon anxiety it is less.

No Prozac for 249 days.

Ok. If you can just keep taking it at 7 and 7, if you feel ok let's try that for a while and see how you continue to do.

1 minute ago, Frogie said:

Ok. If you can just keep taking it at 7 and 7, if you feel ok let's try that for a while and see how you continue to do.

Hello,

Okay, thank you!

No Prozac for 249 days.

Just now, UserMan1775 said:

Hello,

Okay, thank you!

You're welcome!