wirobaso: My way to freedom

wirobaso

I was drugged for over 25 years with various types of pills. When a pill no longer worked for me, they changed me for another one and so the years went by until it no longer worked for me due to drug tolerance and I ended up fed up. I stopped all the pills very quickly. Some I left in cold turkey. I didn't know anything about withdrawal, and the doctors don't seem to know either. I know now because I experienced most of the effects both physical and psychological and emotional. 18 months ago I had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital and they reincorporated me with psychiatric pills to get rid of suicdl ideas. I left the hospital on three other drugs, with too many symptoms but no longer suicdl ideas. So now I knew what psychiatric drug withdrawal was all about. I came off these new pills one by one and 4 months ago I took my last dose of quetpn, which was the last drug I stopped. Of the 600 mg that I had of quetpn, I am now free. I also got rid of Clonzpm 6mg, Esctlprm 20mg, Gabpntn 3200mg, Pregbln 1200mg and Dizpm 60mg one by one. The discomfort persists but I can now sleep and interact with people. I suffered 4 consecutive months of total and absolute insomnia. I couldn't fall asleep even for 5 minutes because I suffered from shocks and electric shocks when I wanted to sleep. He wanted to disappear because he saw no hope. Now I want to live because I see a light there near the tunnel. It is a matter of time to get out of all this suffering. Now I know that it is useless to be looking for blame because that only delays my recovery. Now I have taken charge of my life because I learned that with patience and perseverance we can get off these medications when they no longer serve us. I am now learning to live without pills after more than 25 years of taking so many pills.
Now I feel complete, now I feel free. Blessed be freedom.

• ChessieCat changed the title to wirobaso: My way to freedom
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to SA,

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Please follow these instructions and create your drug signature:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management