Dekiru introduction

dekiru

Hello.

My name is Emma and I was put on Prozac in '05 for depression and panic attacks. I've been on and off SSRIs since then, more on than off. Prozac didn't agree with me, so I was put on Sertraline after that. It wasn't much better. Citalopram was as bad as Prozac, so back onto Sertraline again. I finally came off Sertraline in February '12 and am not going on them again. I can't give details of the tapering as can't remember them. It was very slow though.

I have a psychiatrist who I can talk to about things so am determined not to be put back on them.

However, since coming off them I'm panicky almost all the time, my head feels really weird, am nauseous and my fibromyalgia pain is much worse.

So I've regressed with things because I'm panicky and scared to do them - like taking public transport - which is a bit annoying as my long-term goal is to go and do a course in China and then see if I can work and live there!! I was closer to that goal when I was on the anti-depressants. :(

01/2006 Put on Prozac for anxiety and panic attacks 08/2008 Came off Zoloft after tapering don't remember taper, lost weight, felt like had cold constantly, very panicky, pain everywhere (misdiagnosed fibromyalgia), head funny.05/2010 put back on Zoloft03/2012 came completely off Zoloft followed Dr standard taper- no appetite, lost weight (0.5 stone), flu-like feelings constantly, pain everywhere, head funny, nausea, very panicky, very strong emotions etc Lost 1 stone.04/2013 improving. actually put on some weight and hungry most of the time. Still burning pain joints, stomach upset, headache/feel faint and emotions very strong. Chest very painful too.01/2014 improving still. Gained weight!! Still hungry. Still headache/feel faint and strong emotions and chest/shoulder muscles painful. Periods irregular and very painful. Very tired. Joints burn only if eat refined sugars. Started eating fruits again.03/2014 2 years off. Now intolerances developed to nuts and soya. Permanently hungry, Emotions strong but started healing psychological reasons I was put on antidepressants with therapist. Shoulder pain bad, heady often, very tired.06/2014 flu-like symptoms returned, many intolerances, stomach painful, skin crawling feeling, muscles painful, very emotional. :-((

09/2016 over 4.5 years off, no real changes in symptoms, still much pain, headiness, heart weird, digestion bad, hormones unbalanced, nausea yet very hungry, tired, flu like symptoms etc etc.

<p>taking - vit C, probiotics and digestive enzymesI have Aspergers Syndrome.

• Administrator

Hello, Dekiru, thanks for joining our community.

It sounds like your nervous system needs some time to heal from injury from the drugs and going off them.

Our Symptoms and Self-Care forum has many topics dealing with the symptoms you're feeling, and suggestions for how you might be able to reduce or manage them.

I'm glad to hear your psychiatrist supported a slow taper. Do you feel you can recommend him or her?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Dekiru. Welcome to the forum. Sertraline was the first antidepressant I was on many years ago. I'm glad you found us. Anxiety is certainly an issue. There are many remedies you can try that might help some. People here are pretty knowledgeable about that.

Taper from Cymbalta, Paxil, Prozac & Antipsychotics finished June 2012.

Xanax 5% Taper - (8/12 - .5 mg) - (9/12 - .45) - (10/12 - .43) - (11/12 - .41) - (12/12 - .38)

My Paxil Website

My Intro

Thanks Altostrata and Shanti.

I've found so far eating non-processed foods helps, as does lots of sleep!

All along anxiety and panic have been the big problems for me. I've had panic attacks for the past 15 years.

01/2006 Put on Prozac for anxiety and panic attacks 08/2008 Came off Zoloft after tapering don't remember taper, lost weight, felt like had cold constantly, very panicky, pain everywhere (misdiagnosed fibromyalgia), head funny.05/2010 put back on Zoloft03/2012 came completely off Zoloft followed Dr standard taper- no appetite, lost weight (0.5 stone), flu-like feelings constantly, pain everywhere, head funny, nausea, very panicky, very strong emotions etc Lost 1 stone.04/2013 improving. actually put on some weight and hungry most of the time. Still burning pain joints, stomach upset, headache/feel faint and emotions very strong. Chest very painful too.01/2014 improving still. Gained weight!! Still hungry. Still headache/feel faint and strong emotions and chest/shoulder muscles painful. Periods irregular and very painful. Very tired. Joints burn only if eat refined sugars. Started eating fruits again.03/2014 2 years off. Now intolerances developed to nuts and soya. Permanently hungry, Emotions strong but started healing psychological reasons I was put on antidepressants with therapist. Shoulder pain bad, heady often, very tired.06/2014 flu-like symptoms returned, many intolerances, stomach painful, skin crawling feeling, muscles painful, very emotional. :-((

09/2016 over 4.5 years off, no real changes in symptoms, still much pain, headiness, heart weird, digestion bad, hormones unbalanced, nausea yet very hungry, tired, flu like symptoms etc etc.

<p>taking - vit C, probiotics and digestive enzymesI have Aspergers Syndrome.