Wanting to start program that pressures medical system to warn about sexual dysfunction

labrat15

I want to start a program that pressures the medical community into warning patients about sexual dysfunction associated with antidepressants. I cannot believe that these guys are able to legally prescribe these medications without warning about the high potential for developing sexual dysfunction. The fact that this has gone on for decades is unacceptable and I am at the point where taking action is the only option. If anyone has suggestions on how to get this done that would be greatly appreciated. I have thought about this for the last year and I am willing to cover the costs associated with pursuing this. I have inherited 15 000 000 and I am willing spend whatever is necessary to get this done. These guys need to pay and it is time someone bucks up and pursues this and I am more than happy to be the one who does it. Lets just say, I am not going to die without pursuing this to my fullest capabilities. It has given me a reason to keep going until I hold the people responsible for what they have done. I am loaded up and pissed.  

Lexapro 20 mg 2015-2020. Tapered down and currently at 5 mg 

Wellbutrin 2019 for 3 months. Tapered off completely

Mirtazapine 30 mg 2019-2021. Tapered off completely

Rexulti 0.5 mg 2020-2021 Tapered down to 0.25 mg

Viibryd 2021 Tapered off completely

Don't mean to talk about money but I can use what I have to hold these guys accountable.

Lexapro 20 mg 2015-2020. Tapered down and currently at 5 mg 

Wellbutrin 2019 for 3 months. Tapered off completely

Mirtazapine 30 mg 2019-2021. Tapered off completely

Rexulti 0.5 mg 2020-2021 Tapered down to 0.25 mg

Viibryd 2021 Tapered off completely

Hello @labrat15

Have you considered making a donation to SurvivingAntidepressants? 

This site has helped and continues to help so many of us, including you and me. 

SA is not only a peer support forum, staffed by unpaid volunteers, founded and run out of pocket by Altostrata.

It's also a research project providing crucial longitudinal data and case studies for vital scientific work aimed at educating the medical community and public as to the reality of taking prescribed psychiatric drugs, incl. the lived experience of those who suffer serious, chronic iatrogenic harm as a consequence. 

See SA's mission statement here

If I were you and had similar means at my disposal, I would make a significant donation to SA: 

Donations gratefully accepted

Best wishes to you on your continuous healing journey,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice.