I'm an Empath - My environment and those around me greatly effects how I feel

Kronicles900

I honestly believe that a lot of people that were diagnosed with depression are just empaths like me.

I have an innate ability to know deep information and emotions people are experience just by being around them. I can completely feel the energy they are projecting. It becomes my energy if I'm not careful to protect myself against it. I spent most of my life going around taking on the energy of those around me. Thinking this was my negative energy. Then I would become a recluse to recover from this experience. During this reclusive period people tried to tell me I was depressed and anti-social. I was depressed from feeling the depressing energy of those around me. I'm not trying to say that it's other people's fault that I'm sad. I just didn't realize that all these negative thoughts were coming from a lot of the people that were around me. 

I now perform a check on every emotion I'm feeling to see if it's originating from my core or if its coming from outside of myself. This has been life changing. I still have bad/sad days, but at least I know they are truly mine and I can then decipher that emotion and deal with it.

Hi. I'm also an Empath and can relate to everything you wrote about. I've always been super sensitive to others' emotions, thoughts and energy, which can often be very draining. I know it contributes to my depression.

I spend a lot of my time in solitude because I find it peaceful to be alone, in nature or with animals. I also meditate and read which helps too.

Do you know of Dr. Orloff? She wrote The Empaths Survival Guide.

Nice to meet you here :)

2015 Lexapro 10 mg

2020 Lexapro 20 mg, Wellbutrin 400 mg, Abilify 2 mg, Modafinil 200 mg ☹️

3/10/22 - begin 10% taper off Abilify 2 mg.

June 2022 - off Abilify

Thanks for starting this thread.  I was labeled with ocd as a kid and drugged since then.  Before the drugs I was taking on all the anxiety of my parents.  I’ve never thought about trying to differentiate what is mine and what is other peoples until right now so thank you. I was never given the chance until now.

2007-Prozac then off replaced with Zoloft 

2008- Off Zoloft replaced with Fluvoxamine 

2008-2009 50mg Fluvoxamine 

2009-2020 150mg Fluvoxamine 

2013-14 addition of Lexapro and Zyprexa

2015 back to only Fluvoxamine 

2019-2021 additional 150mg Wellbutrin 

2020-present taper off Fluvoxamine and Wellbutrin 

2022 - mid-February - last dose 25 mg Wellbutrin

July 2021 25 (12.5 twice a day) mg Fluvoxamine hold

switch to compounded XR 12.5 mg Fluvoxamine capsules twice a day mid July 2022

Magnesium, Fish Oil, microdose CBD 

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, Kronicles900 said:

I honestly believe that a lot of people that were diagnosed with depression are just empaths like me.

I have an innate ability to know deep information and emotions people are experience just by being around them. I can completely feel the energy they are projecting. It becomes my energy if I'm not careful to protect myself against it. I spent most of my life going around taking on the energy of those around me. Thinking this was my negative energy. Then I would become a recluse to recover from this experience. During this reclusive period people tried to tell me I was depressed and anti-social. I was depressed from feeling the depressing energy of those around me. I'm not trying to say that it's other people's fault that I'm sad. I just didn't realize that all these negative thoughts were coming from a lot of the people that were around me. 

I now perform a check on every emotion I'm feeling to see if it's originating from my core or if its coming from outside of myself. This has been life changing. I still have bad/sad days, but at least I know they are truly mine and I can then decipher that emotion and deal with it.

It is the rediscovery of my inner core happiness, that has ignited me, and left me thus ... Ablazing.

(Signature last updated 20 Feb 2024.)

1996–2016 “Everything else”, including Fluoxetine, Enalapril 10mg.
2009 Paused meds for 2 months.
2016 Venlafaxine 150mg, Lithium 400mg, Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg.
2019 Venlafaxine 150mg, Lithium 1,000mg, Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Venlafaxine 6 week taper at 75mg from Jun 1. Untapered: Bupropion (?mg), Olanzapine 5mg, Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Enalapril 10mg from Jul 13. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2023 Benzodiazepine 30mg from Nov 20 to Dec 31 (5 sporadic doses). Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2024 Benzodiazepine 30mg from Jan 1 to Feb 9 (5 sporadic doses). Enalapril 10mg. Quetiapine 200mg (sporadic).
2024 0.00mg AD. (9 Feb 2024)
Non-AD Meds: Enalapril 10mg (Ongoing, for blood pressure), Quetiapine 200mg (Stopped Feb 10).

Supplements detailed snapshot can be found here (as at 14 Feb 2024)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy