Susu: New Here In Need of Help!

susu

Yes, I do have paxil left. but just one more thing to add to the confusion. I have been taking 50mg HTP which as helped my stomach spasms and mood. So I guess I will have to taper off that. I've been on it 2 weeks now. So, I have the ativan, trazodone, 50mg Htp,(I did a test and health practioner said I was very low on serotonin) I also take Cal/Mag and fish oil.

Ocassionaly medicine for nausea and stomach spasms. The neurontin that the Pysc nurse prescibed I haven't taken it much because I may have to W/D from that.

Actually I'm tired of worrying about this so I am going to get some rest. try to atleast

and again thanks because I have absolutely no one in the whole world to talk to about what is going on with me.

on SSRI's/benzo for 25 years plus, recently pull off them too suddenly by Pysc nurse

last year was switched from lexapro, zoloft, viibryd,paxil. Got sick trying to go back

on. My system is messed up and is hypersensitive. Nausea, anxiety Quit clonipin and take .5mg ativan.1xday So withdrew from klonopin and SSRI.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

Take 50mg. trazodone for sleep along with melatonin

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

“I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• susu

• Altostrata

• Jemima

• Skyler

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

What is the size of your Paxil tablet????????????????????????????

When you take the 5-HTP, does it have any effects on you shortly afterward?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I posted and seems like my post is missing.. I said that I also take 50htp helps with mood and stomach spasms. Did a test said serotonin was low.

I have 20mg of paxil in tablets. I am on my computer but somehow think it is messing up when i post sometimes. Or it could just be me.

I have been reading about making the liquid paxil.

thanks, I hope I make some sense.

on SSRI's/benzo for 25 years plus, recently pull off them too suddenly by Pysc nurse

last year was switched from lexapro, zoloft, viibryd,paxil. Got sick trying to go back

on. My system is messed up and is hypersensitive. Nausea, anxiety Quit clonipin and take .5mg ativan.1xday So withdrew from klonopin and SSRI.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

“I could tell you my adventures—beginning from this morning,” said Alice a little timidly; “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Actually the 5 htp settles my stomach and nerves down.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

Why does the 5htp help my stomach spasms. What is the connection???????

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Administrator

Susu, since you have 20mg Paxil, I think what would be easier for you is to get a 100mL medicine bottle from the pharmacy. These are usually red plastic with a blue top. There should be no charge or a very small charge.

Fill the bottle with lukewarm water up to the 100mL line.

Cut your Paxil tablet in quarters. Drop it in the bottle. Put the cap on and shake until the tablet is dissolved.

Now you have 20mg Paxil in 100mL water, or 1mg Paxil in 5mL. To take 2mg, take 10mL of the liquid.

When you go to the clinic next time, ask for Paxil in 10mg tablets. This will be easier to work with.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto, thanks so much for the clarification. I am still wondering about the 5 htp and why it settles my stomach down. Do you understand this?

Do i use a syringe to measure my dose or will it show on the bottle?

Thx you again :)

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Administrator

You will need an oral syringe to measure out 20mL. The pharmacy probably has 10mL syringes.

Get a 100mL (100cc) bottle and a 10mL oral syringe.

I have no idea why 5-HTP settles your stomach. If it helps, keep on taking it.

• Administrator

When you ask for the 100mL or 100cc bottle, ask for the cap with the hole in it, so you can fit the oral syringe in it to draw from the bottle.

Last nite I slelpt for 6 whole hours unaided. :) I started taking 2mg of tablet of paxil three days ago and this helps some.

Today I will go get the 100ml bottle and syringe. HOW WILL I KNOW IF 2MG PAXIL IS ENOUGH? Will that dose need to be adjusted? Thanks, I am also taking two .5mg ativan this seems to help a little.. Hopefully the paxil will start working and I won't feel so panicky all the time.

Thanks as usual for helping me through this difficult time. I really, really do appreciate it. You have been a Godsend!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

I am also taking two .5mg ativan this seems to help a little.. Hopefully the paxil will start working and I won't feel so panicky all the time.

The Ativan is an updose of the benzodiazepine and I'm glad it helps, but don't take any more in addition. You slept last night because you have not developed tolerance to the higher dose of ativan. You may sleep better for the next one to two weeks but after that most of the effect may wear off.

I'm not sure of the timeline for ativan, did your doc prescribe this when you were coming off klonopin.. so when you were cut out klonopin over a few weeks 2 months back, you were simultaneously starting ativan?

To review:

.5 mgs of Klonopin = 10 mgs of diazepam ( .5 mgs of klonopin was the most you took?)

1 mgs of Ativan = 10 mgs of diazepam (ativan is 10 to one, klonopin is 20 to 1, so you are now taking the same equivalent strength you did before you started to come off klonopin).

You had neuro sensitization from the time you were off klonopin entirely, and had not transitioned to .5 mgs. of ativan. Some of the symptoms you are struggling with now are most likely due to the benzo drop.

Susu.. while this may be confusing to you.. Alto is correct and much of the destabilization your system had was due to the quick AD taper.. but the effect of the benzos is also important and should be considered.

Am incorrect on the timeline as to when you first took Ativan.. did you take the first .5 tablet when you were decreasing klonopin.. or did you start earlier.. this is important, so try to think back?

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

I am also taking two .5mg ativan this seems to help a little.. Hopefully the paxil will start working and I won't feel so panicky all the time.

HI susu, the increase in ativan needs to be considered an updose at this point, and I'm glad you are taking the extra .5 mg tablet, but don't take more. You slept last night because you don't have tolerance to the higher dose of ativan. Your sleep may be better for the next one or two weeks, but the positive effect will probably not be lasting. We can talk more of this as you continue with your taper, just keep in mind benzos are a slippery slope. You can now take ativan in equal doses 12 hours apart and this is an excellent development.

I'm not sure of the timeline for ativan, did your doc prescribe this when you were coming off klonopin.. so when you reduced klonopin over a few weeks 2 months back, you were simultaneously starting ativan?

To review:

.5 mgs of Klonopin = 10 mgs of diazepam (.5 mgs of klonopin was the most you took?)

1 mgs of Ativan = 10 mgs of diazepam (ativan is 10 to one, klonopin is 20 to 1, and using this equivalency, .5 mgs of k = 1 mg of Ativan, so you are now taking the same amount of benzo you did before you started to come off klonopin, provided you did not take ativan for a significant time before you started cutting back on klonopin).

You had neuro sensitization from the time you were off klonopin entirely, and had not transitioned to .5 mgs. of ativan. Some of the symptoms you are struggling with now are most likely due to the benzo drop.

Susu.. while this may be confusing to you.. Alto is correct and much of the destabilization your system had was due to the quick AD taper.. but the effect of the benzos is also important and should be considered.

Am incorrect on the timeline as to when you first took Ativan.. did you take the first .5 tablet when you were decreasing klonopin.. or did you start earlier.. this is important, so try to think back?

In conclusion, you are taking two different classes of drugs that cause WD symptoms, and while their symptom profiles overlap, the effect of each needs to be considered. The side and iatrogenic effects of ADs are usually worse, it is trickier to updose with benzos, and too rapid tapering is equally perilous for both.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

yes, .5mg of klonopin was the most i ever took and I used that at night. I have always been taking .5mg ativan during the day,mostly 1 day- two on ocassion. This cycle has been going on for years. I am still not stabile on the ativan. Was it ok to take 2 .5mg. I am still in the house trying to work out my physcial problems. Will my depression get better? My prescription on ativan has always read .5mg 3 x day and has been that way over 20 years. I usually didn't need 3 when I had a good antidepressant working.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Administrator

Last nite I slelpt for 6 whole hours unaided. :) I started taking 2mg of tablet of paxil three days ago and this helps some.

....HOW WILL I KNOW IF 2MG PAXIL IS ENOUGH? Will that dose need to be adjusted? ....

How did you take 2mg Paxil?

If it helps to this extent, it probably is enough.

• Moderator Emeritus

yes, .5mg of klonopin was the most i ever took and I used that at night. I have always been taking .5mg ativan during the day,mostly 1 day- two on ocassion. This cycle has been going on for years. I am still not stabile on the ativan.

Was it ok to take 2 .5mg. I am still in the house trying to work out my physcial problems. Will my depression get better? My prescription on ativan has always read .5mg 3 x day and has been that way over 20 years. I usually didn't need 3 when I had a good antidepressant working.

I'm unclear..did you increase ativan to 2.5 mgs as opposed to taking .5 mgs BID you reportedly settled on yesterday? You need to decide what dose is best and stay there so your system can stabilize, and disregard the PRN option as written in your script. While WD symptoms may seemingly abate with PRN dosing, you are now nerosensitized, and this is jerking the dose around.

Good to know how long your have been on ativan.. you are starting to give us a more complete history and this helps us better help you.

Depression is more likely to have resulted from the changes you made in the ADs.. and this will take time to resolve. Again, and susu, this is VERY important, stay on a consistent dose of ativan (and Paxil for that matter) so your system can calm down as much as possible. This will also give Alto a better picture of how you are responding to Paxil.

I hope I awswered that question Sklar and thanks for your help.

Ready with the 2mg paxil liquid.

Will I need dose adjustment?

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you read my last post, see again below?

I'm unclear..did you increase ativan to 2.5 mgs as opposed to taking .5 mgs BID you reportedly settled on yesterday? You need to decide what dose is best and stay there so your system can stabilize, and disregard the PRN option as written in your script. While WD symptoms may seemingly abate with PRN dosing, you are now nerosensitized, and this is jerking the dose around.

Good to know how long your have been on ativan.. you are starting to give us a more complete history and this helps us better help you.

Depression is more likely to have resulted from the changes you made in the ADs.. and this will take time to resolve. Again, and susu, this is VERY important, stay on a consistent dose of ativan (and Paxil for that matter) so your system can calm down as much as possible. This will also give Alto a better picture of how you are responding to Paxil.

Susu you are really getting the info out there and we have a much better picture.

Now think carefully... how much ativan do you take over the course of a week... including the minimum .5 mgs you take every day... add that to the prn amounts.

How much is the total, the average will be what you need to stabilize on daily, and then taper from there. The 1 mg (.5 mgs ativan bid) would not be enough if you have frequently been going higher.

Edit 4:20 PM An added consideration, if you increased the overall average dose of ativan by 1 mgs a day at about the same time you reduced klonopin, you may not be having WD from benzos, but you still need to average the dose as the up and down dose changes are contributing to the instability from the ADs (and interdose withdrawal).

Even if the benzos were not culpable at the outset, there is a cross over from one psychotropic to the other.

• Moderator Emeritus

Ready with the 2mg paxil liquid.

Will I need dose adjustment?

It will take a week or more, possibly a month, to determine if you'll need another dose adjustment. Just please do as Alto says, take the 2 mg. of liquid Paxil every day at the same time, and let us know how you're doing.

Withdrawal is different for everyone, so we have to take it one day at a time and observe how our minds and bodies react.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator
Susu, I'm asking again, how did you take the 2mg Paxil????????????

In a 100ml bottle with 10ml syringe and I took 2ml. Isn't that correct I cut the paxil, put in lukewarm water and it dissolves and shook the bottle. Let me know if this is not correct! and Thx

How long will solution last, I've been looking for that info. :)

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

In a 100ml bottle with 10ml syringe and I took 2ml. Isn't that correct I cut the paxil, put in lukewarm water and it dissolves and shook the bottle. Let me know if this is not correct! and Thx

Very good. You did just what Alto suggested.

How long will solution last, I've been looking for that info. :)

I'm not sure of that, but someone here will know. I expect it would keep at least a day or two, and you should have an answer by then. Just remember to shake the bottle really well before drawing a dose out.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Administrator

Keep it in the refrigerator. It will last for maybe 3-4 days.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure of that, but someone here will know. I expect it would keep at least a day or two, and you should have an answer by then. Just remember to shake the bottle really well before drawing a dose out.

3 or 4 days. I've kept my solution for a week but no longer. Good going with the AD titration. As Jemima says, shaking thoroughly is very important.

I am one big mess. I have to take my ulcer medicine again. I hate the fact I had skin cancer on my face and I spend a lot of time doctoring that. It is just pain and misery and exhaustion.

Sorry, I just have to whine for a while. My husband has no clue and he thinks I should just think postive and be healed. Positive thinking does help.

I am trying to do this right and so appreciate your efforts. luv, susu

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, I just have to whine for a while.

I am trying to do this right and so appreciate your efforts. luv, susu

Whining can be good for the soul! Sometimes it makes up for when we hold everything in.. when things really get to us, let a good rant rip! Posted Image

susu, you have come quite a long ways.. I don't think it has been easy to hang in there answer what must have seemed interminable questions. Congrats to you for your patience. Err, speaking of which, maybe you could respond to Alto, see below. I think she is wondering how you were able to consistently take 2 mg doses if, as it appears, you were cutting the pills into such tiny sections? It sounds like there may have been a good bit of variance which may have been contributing to your WD symptoms.

Susu, I'm asking again, how did you take the 2mg Paxil????????????

(You responded to my inquiry in a PM.. very helpful, thanks.) When the nuts and bolts are straightened out, we'll continue on the benzo sub forum. For benzo questions at any rate, you are no where near ready to taper the benzo, one thing at a time amigo.

I bought some Theanine Serene(with relora) a week or so ago and used twice. It apparently will lower your cortisol levels. I'm trying to reduce the extreme early morning panic. I keep a snack by my bed to help.

I've been researching cortisol. A few weeks ago I did a salavia test and the results showed; low adrenals, low bile, high acid, low serotonin, zinc and iodine deficiency. So I was given supplements to correct this. Except for the Htp, I think I shouldn't bother with adding too much into my system.

Its seems like adrenal supplements would raise your cortisol. Am I correct in this?

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Susu, I moved your post from Symptoms and what helps to your Intro because it's about your individual situation rather than a general, informative post about symptoms and what helps. Please continue to make posts about yourself here in this thread.

I don't know anything about adrenal supplements and what they do. Most people have found that the only supplements that help in withdrawal are fish oil and magnesium. Otherwise supplements can be a waste of money and often they can aggravate withdrawal symptoms.

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1300-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

I know you're very uncomfortable right now, but it's best to just keep taking your liquid Paxil and the Ativan for several weeks before changing anything. If you have a bad reaction to a supplement right now, no one will know if you're reacting to your drugs or the supplement. One thing at a time.

• Administrator

Susu, use the Search box in the upper right to find our discussions of theanine and cortisol.

The saliva tests are worthless. Don't do anything to your adrenals.

Read these topics http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/604-important-topics-about-symptoms-including-sleep-problems/

thanks for your input. I read about Seriphos, Destress, My-B tabs, Which one should I try? I need something to help at night along with the melatonin.

Also, what can I take during the day for horrible anxiety? The ativan does not help, the psych nurse gave me neurontin but I only took it a few times. Is there a natural supplement I can take that would help. I already use Magnesium.

My depression today has been most unbearable, along with the anxiety. This is absolute H-ll!

I will go back to trying to listen to music, meditate and trying to believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

AS usual, thx my dear friends!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

Also, what can I take during the day for horrible anxiety? The ativan does not help, the psych nurse gave me neurontin but I only took it a few times. Is there a natural supplement I can take that would help. I already use Magnesium.

My depression today has been most unbearable, along with the anxiety. This is absolute H-ll!

I will go back to trying to listen to music, meditate and trying to believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

HI Susu, I'm really sorry you are having such a rough time and I hope you manage to get some restful zzzzzzs tonight.

The anxiety is horrible isn't it. Just a thought.. do you drink coffee or have any other food with caffeine?

Don't know if this helps, but know I'm thinking of you,

Skyler

thanks for asking skyler, No I don't drink any caffiene or alcohol. I did take a licorice supplement for my stomach, which I read that licorice is not good to take. So nix that. I will have to find a natural safe anxiety supplement to help before I resort to taking more pysch pills.

Hope your Dad is doing alright!

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Administrator

Magnesium for anxiety.

Thx Alto, I'm already using magnesium.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

Are there other options besides the magnesium? Like the Seriphos and take the my-B tabs I read about at nite?

Thx again! :)

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan

• Moderator Emeritus

I will have to find a natural safe anxiety supplement to help before I resort to taking more pysch pills.

Hope your Dad is doing alright!

Have you checked out Omega's 3? I take Omega 3 along with magnesium and they do help. Other supplements, not so much, (I read some interesting things about Seriphos, but it sounds like it can go in either direction) and you would most likely waste your money. Stay away from B-tabs, vitamin B supplements are activating to most people in withdrawal.

Resort to taking more psych pills??? Yikes, I surely hope not. Psych meds are what got enmeshed in the first place. There is no medication that will wind the clock back, what you need is time.. lots of time and patience.

My father seems to have had a 'mild' case of the flu. He was miserable on Christmas Day, and while he is still struggling, he shook off the worst thanks to the flu shot he had earlier on. Thanks for asking.

I wrote a nice reply but than I lost it due to computer malfunction which happens a lot.

I take Omega 3's, I was referring to my-b tabs by legere which is adenosine sublingual that Alto mentioned in a post.

Depression is really, really bad. Teetering tottering on whether to take the extra ativan. Still taking the one .5mg . Don't know how long I can hold on! :unsure:

I do not like myself right now. I really hope the paxil will help.

Argh!!! Scream- yelling, kicking. :( Thanks for listening everyone.

Off SSRI for 2 mos.

12/26 -liquid paxil 2mg.

12/29 1mg ativan