Does car smog affect the brain?

Exie

A couple months ago my food sensitivity got much worse. I used to be able to eat alot of different foods almost everyday and in bigger amounts but now I can't anymore. I have to wait a couple days to eat it again. eating it often now sets back my brain recovery making my mental problem worse. my sleep also became disrupted, I wake up multiple times during my sleep everyday.

so something affected my brain negatively that caused this but I'm not sure what caused it. I used to eat alot of white rice everyday which causes high blood sugar but I ate it everyday the past 5 years of my recovery and it didn't make my brain more sensitive to food nor disrupt my sleep all those years...

I moved to a new city and here I inhaled car smog/gas everyday for a year and then the food sensitivity got worse and sleep became disrupted. but I'm not sure if this is really the cause because I stopped eating white rice and now some of the food sensitivity went away but my sleep is still disrupted.

Does anyone have any idea what affected my brain negatively like this? does car smog affect the brain? whenever I inhale it I immediately exhale it forcefully a few times, does that get it all out immediately?

March 2008 took Tofranil and Klonopin

CT'd Tofranil after few months

simultaneously tapered fast Klonopin, got off it October 2008

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure anyone can answer your questions, Exie.  Little is known about the after-effects of taking antidepressants and even less about the effects of pollution on the mind.

When you have a moment, would you please add your psychiatric drug history to your signature?  Directions are here:  How To Add Your Drug History To Your Signature

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy