Johnson22: Of effexor for 6 months now but feel the need to go back on it

Johnson22

Hi guys I have been of effexor for 6 months I tapperd of slowly from 75mg I was on it for 4 years and I was on 150mg for a while but 75mg for the most part.

I really feel i need to go back on the drug as I'm not sleeping, I'm finding it hard to multi task at work and I feel a little lost sometimes (could be lack of sleep)

Is my only option to hop bask on this drug, I feel like I've done so well, I'm 6 months out and it seems like a waste

I originally went on the drug for anxiety and when coming off I no longer have anxiety but other issues or dependencies that I feel I need this drug for Ie sleep and concentration

My doctor said some of us are missing something and we need a Chemicle to supply it so she gave me another script

Thanks I found this forum and thought I would post something before beginning back on effexor again

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Johnson and welcome, I'm so glad you found us before going back on effexor.  Congratulations on being able to get off it, we have many members here who are trying to get off it, having to taper very slowly, but still having some symptoms.  I've never taken effexor, but I've learned its a difficult drug to come off.

My doctor said some of us are missing something and we need a Chemicle to supply it so she gave me another script

What your doctor told you isn't actually true, this chemical imbalance theory was only ever a theory, used in advertising to sell drugs, please see this:  Again, chemical imbalance is a myth, stop the lies please

How long have you been having sleep problems?  About how many hours a night are you getting?  There are healthier ways to improve sleep quality than taking drugs, please have a look through our sleep section towards the middle of this topic:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/604-important-topics-about-symptoms-including-sleep-problems/

Its great to hear that your original anxiety hasn't returned and I agree completely that it would be a waste of all your hard work to go back on a drug you really don't need.

You will get a lot of friendly help and support here, I'm sure others will chime in with some sleeping tips.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Johnson

Sleep deprivation can cause a loss of functioning. Like Petu I'm interested to know how much sleep you get, what time of sleep troubles you have (can't fall asleep, wake up early, wake through the night). I'm coming of mirtazapine which has nasty rebound insomnia. I have had some success with a sleep hypnosis track and a combo of magnesium and taurine at night. There is lots of discussion on sleep in the symptoms forum

Effexor is not a good answer and if it were me I'd find a new dr

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Thanks for the responses, my sleep problems started about 2 months after came off, at times I have trouble falling asleep but when I do I seem to not get a great sleep.

In fact when I get what I consider a good sleep I will wake up feeling rather average.

I've found some good natural medicine to assist with sleep.

I almost purchased effexor today I just don't know that the confused and dazed version of me will ever disappear

It has been 6 months

• Moderator Emeritus

Reinstating a tiny bit of Effexor at six months out is quite risky. It might help or it might make things even worse.  Here's our topic on reinstatement: About Reinstating

Six months is not a long time to have withdrawal symptoms, especially with really nasty drugs like Effexor and Paxil. I tapered off Lexapro--which is relatively mild compared to Effexor--too fast and it's taken me over two years to feel normal again.  You can read both my Intro and my Success Story by clicking the links in my signature, below.

When you have a chance, please add your drug history to your signature, directions here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

Welcome to the forum.

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

• Moderator Emeritus

Johnson, it's not uncommon for people who stop taking antidepressants to get through the initial withdrawal phase and feel better for a while and then to get hit with worse symptoms again some months out.

If they go back on ADs at that point they usually end up stuck on a merry go round of psych meds that sometimes help, sometimes make things worse, but regardless over time as more and different meds are tried (because the original ones stop working or make them worse) most people find that their overall health (mental and physical) declines. You can hear a lot of our stories here on this forum.

So I would highly recommend that you explore nondrug ways to cope with your symptoms. What you're experiencing is a fairly typical thing, a resurgence of withdrawal symptoms some months out after quitting, and if you can find ways to take care of yourself without drugs, this will pass and you will be healthier.

In our Symptoms and Self Care section there are a lot of discussions of nondrug ways to cope with symptoms, and hopefully people will come in here with suggestions as well.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I would like to think I can turn a corner soon with this and I'll read up on alternatives you have provided.

I find it hard to believe that I can improve

I was on 75mg for a year I dropped to 37mg and phased of it o er 3 months.

Even on 75 mg I had the same motivation and organisation issues.

Im 6 months out now and I losing hope that I'll begin to get better especially as it is only getting harder it seems

Thanks for listening in just trying to delay getting back on the stuff which I feel more and more pressure to do

• Moderator Emeritus

just trying to delay getting back on the stuff which I feel more and more pressure to do

From what you have said, it doesn't sound like it was helping anyway. You wrote that you have problems with motivation and organization. Perhaps your problems are more about the kind of work you are doing rather than an effexor deficiency.  These drugs don't cure anything, at best, they sometimes make some people feel better for a while. But then end up causing more problems via side effects and withdrawal issues, which are often not recognized by doctors, who then prescribe more drugs, in higher doses, making the situation even worse.

There is a series of youtube videos by a psychiatrist which explain more about these drugs and their effects, the first one is here:

Peter Breggin, MD: Do You Have a Biochemical Imbalance?

There is also a book I recommend you read before going back on effexor, you can get it on Amazon, its called "Anatomy of an Epidemic" by Robert Whitaker

Please do all you can to find healthier ways to manage your life, you can improve.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

• Moderator Emeritus

Johnson,

I understand the despair that can accompany withdrawal.   My concern is that you seem to be framing it like this - if I reinstate effexor everything will go away.  

This may or may not happen, in addition you may have other side effects that come up and inhibit your wellbeing.   Try not to construct is as a binary - off effexor not doing well/on effexor doing well.  The issue and decision are more complex than that.

Have you tried anything else for your sleep?

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

I've tried Valerian root, adding in a multitude of vitamins and a healthy diet.

What worries me is in going for a job interview in a weeks time, would kill for a few good night's sleep so I can prepare and be my best self for the interview

I've seen people who take 10 beads and take them which can result in a good night's sleep. Is this something I could try or am I to far out being 6 months

Hi

I am sorry you having a difficult time,  I am also trying to get off effexor.  Have you tried taking benadryl?  I take it when I am unable to fall asleep/ 

Started Effexor August 2012 Sept'12-150mg=extreme anxiety Oct'12 cut half-75mg severe wds

Feb 2013 68.5mg. Mar'13- 65mg. Apr'13-59mg. May'13-57mg. June '13-52mg Aug'13 49.75mg.

Sep'13-48.75. Nov'13-47mg Dec'13-45..5mg

May 2014 42mg. Jun'14 40mg (depressive mood started). Aug'14 -40mg/ started brintellix 2.5mg

Oct '14 -39 Nov'14 36.89 Dec'14 34.45

Jan 2015- 31 Feb'15 29mg. Mar'15 26.72. Apr'15 24.48. May'15 22.31mg. Jun'15 20.30mg

Aug'15-18.89. Oct'15 16.96. Nov/16- 16.10. Dec/15- 15mg

Jan 2016-14.22. May'16 11.45. Aug'16-9.60. Sep/16- 8.88mg. Oct/16- 8.39mg. Nov/16- 8.13. Dec/16- 7.89

• Moderator Emeritus

I find valerian and that kind of stuff to be pretty useless.   I also find the stuff that makes you drowsy to not actually deliver a good nights sleep.

As I said before, I find a mix of taurine and magnesium to be helping me.   I think it helps me to have more refreshing sleep and maybe a little more sleep.   It doesn't knock me out, it improves the quality.   I actually had a dream last week

It has been trial and error on the supplements.

If you are going to try reinstatement, I would go really slow (2 beads?) see if that is enough to address the withdrawal.   This will also minimize the risk of an adverse reaction.   Trust me, in terms of your job interview you would be better off how you are now than having a reaction to the effexor - you cant tell in advance what that might look like.  

Remember you are not reinstating effexor into the same brain it was working with last time.   You have shaken your nervous system up through withdrawal and it could be more reactive now to serotogenic substances.

Getting through this well will require you to be thoughtful, patient and courageous.

D

• Moderator Emeritus

here is a link to a topic that talks about sleep problems and options to address them

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/604-important-topics-about-symptoms-including-sleep-problems/

D

Thanks I'll play by ear and keep you guys updated. How many beads are there on a 75mg capsule

Hey johnson22

Welcome here :) Im so sorry you are feeling so bad 6months off

I have had insomnia as you mention during this process im at month 9 now and no longer insomnia

I really think its withdrawal and normal symtoms and should get better

GOOD LUCK

2007 - 2013: was on citalopram (tried to quit a few times, never worked, always went back on. max dose 40mg)

2012-2013: was tapering my citalopram all down to 2,5 mg then quit.
2013/aug: Took  my last pill 

W/D hit me bad after a few weeks off my medicine.

2014/August: 12 months off (much improved)

2015/April: 20months off. ( much improved, still some symtoms comes in waves, but not so intense.)

2015/june: 22months off. FELT different than before, all shakings suddenly stopped, feel much better. a fantastic feeling!

2016/Feb : 2 years and 6 months off, END of my suffering. I feel perfectly fine and back to normal. 
2018/Oct: Iam still feeling great. It is hard to believe my own story when I read back, what I went through!

• Administrator

You'll have to count the beads in a few of the capsules you have. The number of beads varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

See http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/272-tips-for-tapering-off-effexor-and-effexor-xr-venlafaxine/

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

My sleep has improve ever so slightly,with the help of magnesium (tried taurine for 3 nights but stopped using it as I'm not sold its helping) still struggling at work with concentration and stress often had me overcome. Still very tempting to get back in the drug to see me through this rough patch but I'm still holding out at this stage

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update Johnson22,

I'm happy to hear that your sleep has improved some,  that's a good sign that you are improving.  At this stage, there is no guarantee that reinstating would actually help, it could make you feel worse.

Have a look through this topic for some non-drug ways to deal with symptoms:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1112-non-drug-techniques-to-cope-with-emotional-symptoms/

When you have a chance, please add your drug history to your signature, directions here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/893-please-put-your-withdrawal-history-in-your-signature/

...it makes it easier for people to see your situation when replying to posts, rather than having to read back through your entire thread to find the details. :)

My Introduction Thread

Brief Summary

• Administrator

If you try going back on venlafaxine, be sure to try a very little amount at first, perhaps 6 beads. You could have a bad reaction.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Hey Johnson22-You have come a long way! Amazing I hope you can stay off effexor; I am taking 1/2 dose of my 225mg tab for 2 months now and am anticipating cutting back more.  I wish I was off completely like you, even with sleep deficit I would love to be rid of this drug.  I have gone through some tough withdrawal symptoms too.  But I have leveled off now so I think it is time to go on a lower dosage.

I saw a therapist today to talk about things and see if talk therapy can help me with depression instead of medication.  My goal is to be drug free eventually.  I told her that but she thinks I should have a psychiatrist waiting in the wings in case I need more help.  I went through my history with her and she feels I have definite reasons for depression.  

I am not sure if this will help but I am definitely not giving up on getting off of meds totally.  Hang in there Johnson22! 

linlo

Prozac 15+ years

Effexor 3+ years

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm still in the same rut, getting stressed out and that with the lack of sleep and work and life pressures I'm really getting down and it's effecting my work and relationship. Does anyone know how to source a good person to talk about this problem and the possibility of needing to jump back on effexor, I've never been over 150mg so I would only go back to 75mg. I'm asking myself What's worse being down and stressed all the time or taking a pill...

• Moderator Emeritus

When you say source a good person do you mean a doctor,or other medical practitioner? If so, the answer is no. I'm sorry but I haven't found anyone that knows about withdrawal.

If you do decide to jump back on, please think about Altos recommendation to take 6 beads at the start to see if a smaller amount does the job.

Dalsaan

• Administrator

I took 6 beads this morning after being overwhelmed with stress for the past two days, I've also been offered a new job which is a promotion and I can't stop be negative and thinking I won't be able to perform in the role. No idea where or what to do from here. Feels a little like I've failed at beating this but I need something to assist with my stress before I have a breakdown. Thanks all for you help so far.

Hello, I am almost 19months off effexor and let's say its been one hell of a journey. My friend 6 months off is aamazing I don't want to worry you but for a lot of people even myself, 6 months was just the beginning. I had terrible sleep but about 12 months of no sleep, I found I had sleep apnea from the weight gain from the effexor. So I lost the weight and I am sleeping great now! Are you overweight? Also exercising once a day or morning and afternoon will do wonders for you. Fish oil really helps too in high doses. These are just recommendations. I am no professional, just been around the block. Was on effexor for 7 years and taken off abruptly , just now this is a journey that may feel like hell but its also a journey of self enlightment , withdrawal changed how I think,act and I feel now! Try and look beyond what you are experiencing at the moment. I tried the 10beads etc, only thing that worked for me and gave me some sleep and slowed down my thoughts was buspar, I have almost come fully off that now, it was like a nice cushion to fall on. Do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions , this place is amazing for support. I am not out of the woods yet and have bad days but it does get better my friend. If you can't do the promotion job thing well maybe its just not meant to be at the moment. Life has a timeline, you don't create it , you flow with it.

Live easy my friend,

Mr.a

2007-2012started Effexor xr 225mg -150mg- Varied2months of Taper,(March 22/2012 Off Med/in W/D)Currently No medicationMarch 22/2012- August 16/2012 - Totally Off Effexor( Rough Rough time) Reinstatement for a week(didn't work)****** New Doctor******* Very nice/helpful and in touch.Tried Zoloft- No successAUGUST 17/2012- STARTED 37.5 EFFEXOR FOR ONE WEEK - NOT GOOD < STOPPED.Started Buspar Oct 11th 2012----10 mg for the first 7 days and then 15mg a day---- Taking a new route----Racing thoughts - Gone.Oct 9th ( Done Zoloft,wellbutrin week project trial to feel better) - OFFICIALLY OFF ANTI DEPRESSANT !Oct 26 - Raised Buspar to 20mg a day- Tolerating wellJan 2nd 2013-

Reduce Buspar until full off march 20th 2015 Off all medication !

Tried natural supplements to no avail

Gluten/sugar free since december 2013

Thanks guys, I'm not overweight and I'll try some more fish oil too. I'm going to have to get back on the decent dose again I'm getting so stressed and start feeling Down everyday now and it will start to effect my work very soon. I have been taking the beads by them self and not in the capsule does this still work or do I need to take the beads with them inside the capsule

Would really appreciate some advice with getting back on the drug

My doctor would give me 37.5 XR as she said this is for tapering off

She said just start taking the 75 mg straight up, should i take half the beads out for 3 or 4 days then go onto the full 75mg

Today i just swallowed 20 beads (without the capsule casing, Is this bad?)

Your help is very much appreciated

Can someone please remove my name from the above message, or point me in the direction of a Moderator please

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Johnsson, I would absolutely NOT take the 75mg or even the 37.5. I've been on effexor for 12 years 

and tapering for 2 years. It is not a drug to be messed with!  I take the beads without the capsule and it is fine. 

Do not increase from the 20 beads, it could take a few days to feel a difference and 20 could be too much.

I'm afraid your doctor hasn't a clue about withdrawal, like most other doctors out there! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

I would usually stay on a given dose at least a week to monitor the effect. When you say you are trying to get to a decent amount what do you mean?

If it was me I would be looking to find the lowest dose that addresses my withdrawal symptoms and allows me to stabilise before developing a tapering plan. Is that your goal?

Just want to make sure we understand where you are at in terms of your thinking

Dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

You need to take it slowly Jonson, too much can be as bad as too little. As Dalsaan said, you need to give the 20 beads time to work. You want to be on the lowest amount possible for you to get on with your life,  Hold at 20 for a week or more and see how it goes. If you start to feel worse then do not be tempted to go up even more because you could be taking too much.  Just hold, and try to be patient. It is very hard when you are feeling so rotten but we all want to see you feeling better. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

I was mistaken in taken 10 beads should I stick on that. It kind like a very small amount like the 20th of a tablet

• Moderator Emeritus

I would say yes, stick on that for the week and see what happens.   The important thing to understand is that the only way to know if you are taking the right dose is to allow enough time for your body to respond to that dose and then listen to what it says.  Take the same amount, at the same time, monitor and record your symptoms to see what's happening day by day.  If, in a week you are still struggling then think about your next step.