degen12: Starting SSRIs as a child, and The SSRI Enigma

degen12

Unbelievable and intense emotional states after my very fast taper of mirtazapine. Some of the emotions are extremely negative but that's not really a bad thing. It's more like I've had no idea what's been going for the last 7 years and I just woke up and realized the nightmare was real.

Edited by ChessieCat
removed obscenity

April / 2016: Cipralex 10 mg, Mirtazapine 30 mg, Lyrica 600 mg, Diazepam 20 mg, Bystolic 5 mg

2018: Lots of polypharmacy which is undocumented here. Started and stopped several drugs and changed doses of existing ones

August / 2018: Back on track! Cipralex 15 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg, Diazepam 15 mg

September 2018: Cipralex 15 mg -> 12.5 mg

October 2018: Cipralex 12.5 mg -> 10 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg -> 3.75 mg -> Stopped, Diazepam 15 mg

November 2019: Cipralex 5 mg, Diazepam 10 mg

• 5 weeks later...

I won’t be posting anymore. Thank you to all those who did lend support over the years. Goodbye.

April / 2016: Cipralex 10 mg, Mirtazapine 30 mg, Lyrica 600 mg, Diazepam 20 mg, Bystolic 5 mg

2018: Lots of polypharmacy which is undocumented here. Started and stopped several drugs and changed doses of existing ones

August / 2018: Back on track! Cipralex 15 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg, Diazepam 15 mg

October 2018: Cipralex 12.5 mg -> 10 mg, Mirtazapine 7.5 mg -> 3.75 mg -> Stopped, Diazepam 15 mg

• 1 year later...

Back to give an update. Currently I take Cipralex 5 mg and Diazepam 10 mg. Reduced Cipralex 1 mg per month from 10 mg to 5 mg. Reduced diazepam from 15 mg to 10 in 4 months in two 2.5 mg increments. Stable on these doses since the spring. Started nursing school in September.

• Mentor
58 minutes ago, degen12 said:

Back to give an update. Currently I take Cipralex 5 mg and Diazepam 10 mg. Reduced Cipralex 1 mg per month from 10 mg to 5 mg. Reduced diazepam from 15 mg to 10 in 4 months in two 2.5 mg increments. Stable on these doses since the spring. Started nursing school in September.

That is awesome! How would you compare yourself fully medicated to now ? 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• 5 months later...
On 11/25/2019 at 11:54 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

That is awesome! How would you compare yourself fully medicated to now ? 

Life is harder. Everything is felt more harshly. I no longer feel like I'm on autopilot.

Just successfully completed my first year of nursing school.

• Mentor
23 hours ago, degen12 said:

Life is harder. Everything is felt more harshly. I no longer feel like I'm on autopilot.

Just successfully completed my first year of nursing school.

Yea, it takes abit to get used to it. Congrats that is awesome! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount.