Hello everyone, I've been on 20mg of Lexapro for aprox 24 months now with no breaks. It's been great for me but since I'm leaving USA after living here for more than 15 years, and returning to my homeland of New Zealand, I decided to just quit taking my Meds and see how I handle life "drug free" so to say. I've seen my doctor a couple of times and she thought it was a great idea also.

Two weeks ago I stopped taking them. I'd done all of my reaserch so knew what to expect. The first week of not taking them I felt no change at all. The beginning of the second week the insomnia, disturbing dreams, return of sex drive and night sweats started. There was no gradual build-up easing me into the withdrawals, it was like - BAM, this is happening! My initial withdrawals were wicked insomnia - cured by taking one or two doctor prescribed10mg Zolpidem sleeping pills. I was first precribed the sleeping pill TraZODone 100mg but these made things so much worse. My night sweats seemed worse when I didn't knock myself out with the doctor precribed sleeping pills but the horrible frightening dreams continued. The first two nights of the symptoms were the worst. I would wake up soaking wet and cold, and my dreams were so frightening I really didn't want to go back to sleep. But like I said, that level of withdrawal just lasted 2 nights then it subsided a little. Also feeling sexually aroused. I could handle all of that ok, but then yesterday the extreme "pinging" introduced itself to me!! I'm glad I researched the withdrawal symptoms beforehand as I would have no way of trying to explain this "feeling" to a doctor if needed. It's the weirdest feeling I've every had and Id like it go away please, lol! I have to laugh as staying positive is what I do best. Most things i've read relates the pinging sensation to feeling like a tiny electric shock or "zaps" in the brain. I don't feel anything in my brain or head but I do feel that sensation in EVERY other cell throughout my body. Earlier on today when I made the terrible mistake of going to the pub for a beer, after just a few sips I honstly thought my body was going to "ping and "zap" out of control. I had a pretty serious anxiety attack and my disability dog and I peaced out of there and got home ASAP! Lesson learnt - no drinking alcohol until the withdrawals subside and best to just stay in my home!!

Also my body odor is horrible no matter how much I shower and then cover myself with a nice smelling lotion ... within an hour I smell terrible again. I don't feel like eating or ( as discovered today) drinking alcohol - YEA, time to loose weight and detox! Oh, and I'm avoiding contact with anyone due to uncontrollable mood swings ( which was my reason for taking the Lexapro to start off with). I'm trying to stay busy doing yard work to keep my mind busy and focused and that has helped. Thankfully my energy is great. I'm super glad to have found this page, even if it's to vent a little. Thanks for being here ????

1998 Brain injury causing short term memory issues and PTSD

2012 - late December 2014: Lexapro 20mg for mood swings. Adderall 30mg for focus and memory issues.

I take Adderall as soon as I wake every morning, on an empty stomach with a glass of alkaline water.

I take Lexapro a couple of hours after the Adderal. Usually with some food. Always with alkaline water.

Every couple of months I'll take a one week break from the Adderall to reduce immunity.

Mid December 2014 I quit Lexapro ( not Adderall ) for the first time cold turkey attempt.

Ambien 10mg for sleep when needed - not consistant with needing to use it. Jan 9th 2 x Ambien. Knocked me out.

Jan 12 back on 10mg Lexapro after I started to experiance delayed WD. Actually I was suffering WD befor this date but I didn't know that the symptoms were related to me stopping the use of the Lexapro. 1 x 10mg ambien.

Jan 13 already MUCH better - until I had a beer. NO Adderall today.

Jan 14th half cc injectable B12 in my shoulder muscle. NO Adderall today. I feel great... Will reduce ambien to 5mg.

Back on regular med sehedile of 30mg Adderall in am, 2 hours later 10mg Lexapro.

Hey there, glad you found us. Someone with more experince will be along shortly to help you. Welcome. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you JDM1984. I guess the symptoms come and go and are not consistent? I can't be sure as after the "pub" experience I came home and took a Somacid 360mg pill. Now the "zaps" are very faint and not even really noticeable.

2012 - late December 2014: Lexapro 20mg for mood swings. Adderall 30mg for focus and memory issues.

I take Adderall as soon as I wake every morning, on an empty stomach with a glass of alkaline water.

I take Lexapro a couple of hours after the Adderal. Usually with some food. Always with alkaline water.

Every couple of months I'll take a one week break from the Adderall to reduce immunity.

Mid December 2014 I quit Lexapro ( not Adderall ) for the first time cold turkey attempt.

Ambien 10mg for sleep when needed - not consistant with needing to use it. Jan 9th 2 x Ambien. Knocked me out.

Jan 12 back on 10mg Lexapro after I started to experiance delayed WD. Actually I was suffering WD befor this date but I didn't know that the symptoms were related to me stopping the use of the Lexapro. 1 x 10mg ambien.

Jan 14th half cc injectable B12 in my shoulder muscle. NO Adderall today. I feel great... Will reduce ambien to 5mg.

Back on regular med sehedile of 30mg Adderall in am, 2 hours later 10mg Lexapro.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Chipper, there's no need for you to cold turkey Lexapro, it is available in New Zealand.  I'm afraid to say that cold turkey withdrawal can get pretty horrific and last for a very long time, even years for many people.  Your system has adapted to the presence of the drug and is now in total shock as sudden removal of the drug has thrown it way out of balance.  It's much easier to taper the dose down slowly so that withdrawal effects are minimised and normal life goes on.  Similar time-frame, very different quality of life.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Thank you JDM1984. I guess the symptoms come and go and are not consistent? I can't be sure as after the "pub" experience I came home and took a Somacid 360mg pill. Now the "zaps" are very faint and not even really noticeable.

Yes, I believe you are in withdrawal. :( and the symptoms will come and go very inconsistently. There may be some options for you, I'm not experinced enough to know for sure. A mod will come by shortly and help.

How long ago did you discontinue?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Hi Chipper, there's no need for you to cold turkey Lexapro, it is available in New Zealand.  I'm afraid to say that cold turkey withdrawal can get pretty horrific and last for a very long time, even years for many people.  Your system has adapted to the presence of the drug and is now in total shock as sudden removal of the drug has thrown it way out of balance.  It's much easier to taper the dose down slowly so that withdrawal effects are minimised and normal life goes on.  Similar time-frame, very different quality of life.

Hi there. Songbird is right. Tapering is much better choice. A mod will arrive soon and help you with the details. I hope you find this site helpful and welcome.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Hello Songbird, thank you for your reply. My resons for discontinuing the use of Lexapry has nothing to do with its availability in NZ. My life is about to dramaticly change - moving from Las Vegas to a small country town in NZ, lol, need I say more, so I don't feel like ill need it anymore. I still have a couple of months worth so there's always the option to cut the pills into quarters or less, and taper off that way. Does anyone know if it's actually doing my body any harm to just go cold turkey?

Thanks again Song Bird. I see you are in New Zealand and appreciate your input.

Thankyou for your input "Frustrated"

Hello,

I'm new here and withdrawing (cold turkey) from 20mg Lexapro that I've been talking for aprox 24 months. Am at around the 2 week stage and I'd love your input and comments on the following question:

Is it better for your body and mind in the long run to taper or quit cold turkey? IF I can handle the withdrawals, is going cold turkey ok? Or does the stress factor play a role in long term health?

If I may use the following to give you an idea of where I'm coming from:

A person is in a drug rehab is withdrawing from a heavy narcotic. The question is asked, "Should he taper off to avoid such a serious and horrible withdrawal or should he go cold turkey?"

My answer would be, " Suck it up and go cold turkey. Why taper off and delay being clean. Get on with it, go cold turkey and suck it up. Why bother with any delay in the process IF you can deal with the withdrawals?"

... So back to Lexapro. Is it that black and white?

• Moderator Emeritus

The answer to your question lies in these threads:

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6036-why-taper-paper-demonstrates-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6036-why-taper-paper-demonstrates-importance-of-gradual-change-in-plasma-concentration/

Take 5 minutes to read the stories of people who have been severely impaired by withdrawal, often cold turkey if not just too quick.  There are hundreds of people here who would like the opportunity to taper that you have but they cant because its too late.

It is that black and white to me.

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Chipper,

Thank you for joining and posing an introduction, I'm glad you found us when you did.

From reading your first post, it looks like you stopped taking 20mg of Lexapro 2 weeks ago.  This is not a good idea and it looks like you are already experiencing some significant withdrawal symptoms, there is no guarantee they will go away any time soon.

Many of us are here because we came off these drugs the wrong way, while believing we were doing it right.  Sadly, most doctors don’t have a clue and often advise tapers which are too fast,  or just stopping, and that leads patients to going back on the drug because of a ‘relapse’,  which is actually withdrawal.

See: What to expect from my doctor

We suggest reducing by no more than 10% of the current dose every 4 weeks, this reduces the risk of withdrawal symptoms arising.  Please read through this link which will explain why:

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?  (The general philosophy of gradual tapering)

Reinstatement of a small amount of the drug can often work well to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.  According to medical knowledge, reinstatement is the only way to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.  Reinstatement is best done immediately upon appearance of withdrawal symptoms. The more time that passes, the less likely it is to work.  Here is some information about reinstatement to help you decide if its something you would like to try:

http://survivinganti...rawal-symptoms/

I strongly suggest you immediately reinstate 10mg of lexapro and spend some time learning about how these drugs work, withdrawal and how to taper safely.  When you have stabilized, you could then begin a safe taper.  Here are our tips for tapering off Lexapro:

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

http://survivinganti...o-escitalopram/

Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature.  Putting a short version of your drug and tapering history in your signature helps people understand your context, it appears below each of your posts.  Here are instructions for how to do it:

http://survivinganti...your-signature/

I think its great that you want to come off your medication, you are probably right that you don't need it, but please give yourself the opportunity to come off it safely and permanently.

You will find a lot of friendly help and support here, please stay in touch, ask any questions you may have and let us know what you decide.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

• Moderator Emeritus

so I don't feel like ill need it anymore.

Does anyone know if it's actually doing my body any harm to just go cold turkey?

You might not think you need it any more but your body has got used to it being there, so removing it suddenly causes biochemical chaos.  Read around this site, you will find many people who had severe problems for years after a cold turkey of an SSRI.  I see so many people who wish they'd got off their meds the right way and now it's too late, they have no choice but to endure the problems for as long as it takes to recover, which can be many years.  I'm not trying to freak you out, but you have a chance to do this the right way and avoid all that pain.  Reinstating quickly usually alleviates withdrawal, the longer you wait the less likely it is to work.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

Ahh! Just doing more research and ... Umm WoW. WHAT THE HELL! I'm an American citizen for crying out loud! Who can I sue, lol!!!

In all seriousness this is an shocker of an eye opener for sure!!

Wait ... brb ....

I literally dove into my supplies just now like some crazed drug addict! I found my pill bottle and cut a 20mg tab in half and threw it down my throat followed by big gulps of alkaline water!! I'm not even kidding!! Screw that!! Please excuse my use of bad language!

My angles and the universe is looking out for me and I thank them for directing me to this site. Thank you for opening my eyes.

OMG!!!!

Thank you thank you!

I just threw 10mg's down my throat. How long ( does anyone know) befor my body gets back in wack?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Chipper,

I merged your threads together as they are all related to where you are at now and what you should do.   I usually wait a week to see what an updose or reinstatement is doing.  You have to allow this time for your body to achieve a steady state of the new dose you have taken.

If reinstatement goes ok you stay at your chosen dose until you are stabile and experiencing few withdrawal symptoms (this indicates your body is coping with where you are at)  At that point you work through a tapering plan that is gradual and gentle on your brain and nervous system.   You only have one, treat it with love and respect

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Btw I'm a little too frightened to read those threads just yet. In a couple of days, once my poor "pinging" body is back in sink, I'll have a read. Right now I'm going to do my best to relax and stay stress free until my body can have time to adapt. The "pinging" just started yesterday so fingers crossed no permanent damage has been done!

Thank you and God bless!

Hey Chipper,

I merged your threads together as they are all related to where you are at now and what you should do.   I usually wait a week to see what an updose or reinstatement is doing.  You have to allow this time for your body to achieve a steady state of the new dose you have taken.

If reinstatement goes ok you stay at your chosen dose until you are stabile and experiencing few withdrawal symptoms (this indicates your body is coping with where you are at)  At that point you work through a tapering plan that is gradual and gentle on your brain and nervous system.   You only have one, treat it with love and respect

D

I'm still figuring out how to use this site so please bear with me. Thank you for this information.

Ahh! Just doing more research and ... Umm WoW. WHAT THE HELL! I'm an American citizen for crying out loud! Who can I sue, lol!!!

Wait ... brb ....

I literally dove into my supplies just now like some crazed drug addict! I found my pill bottle and cut a 20mg tab in half and threw it down my throat followed by big gulps of alkaline water!! I'm not even kidding!! Screw that!! Please excuse my use of bad language!

My angles and the universe is looking out for me and I thank them for directing me to this site. Thank you for opening my eyes.

OMG!!!!

So glad you found your way here early enough to get help. Many of us didn't, myself included. You will find support here. Again, welcome. And, best wishes on your journey.

How is this drug ( Lexapro ) still on the market??

Wait ... brb ....

OMG!!!!

So glad you found your way here early enough to get help. Many of us didn't, myself included. You will find support here. Again, welcome. And, best wishes on your journey.

Wait ... brb ....

OMG!!!!

Feeling just a wee bit panicked...

You're gonna be ok. Really, you will be. There will be some more mods along soon to guide you further. But, look into the threads we have on tapering. Dalsaan may have linked them above in an earlier post to you.

You are going to be fine!!! :)

You are not alone.

• Moderator Emeritus

Right now I'm going to do my best to relax and stay stress free until my body can have time to adapt.

That's a good plan.  Just keep taking the same daily dose until you stabilise, which could take a few weeks.  Once you are stable we can help you with tapering information.

How is this drug ( Lexapro ) still on the market??

Unfortunately, they are pretty much all like that.  We've seen the same problems with Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq, Luvox, you name it.

Try not to panic, you are in a good situation because you've found out in time to help yourself quickly and avoid the really severe problems.  You'll likely feel better in a couple of weeks and it will all be easier to cope with.  There is good information here, once you feel up to reading more.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

so I don't feel like ill need it anymore.

Does anyone know if it's actually doing my body any harm to just go cold turkey?

You might not think you need it any more but your body has got used to it being there, so removing it suddenly causes biochemical chaos.  Read around this site, you will find many people who had severe problems for years after a cold turkey of an SSRI.  I see so many people who wish they'd got off their meds the right way and now it's too late, they have no choice but to endure the problems for as long as it takes to recover, which can be many years.  I'm not trying to freak you out, but you have a chance to do this the right way and avoid all that pain.  Reinstating quickly usually alleviates withdrawal, the longer you wait the less likely it is to work.

So do you think I should go back on my full dose of 20mg and in a week when my poor body has stopped freaking out THEN reduce to say 15mg etc....? I just took 10mg after being on 20mg for 24 months. Is the 10mg going to be enough for my body to recognize the need to revert back to "normal" ?? What's your thoughts?

• Moderator Emeritus

I think try the 10mg for a while, it might be enough to alleviate the w/d.  If you are not getting enough relief within a few weeks you could try going up to 15mg.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2016  Aug off paroxetine

You're gonna be ok. Really, you will be. There will be some more mods along soon to guide you further. But, look into the threads we have on tapering. Dalsaan may have linked them above in an earlier post to you.

You are not alone.

Ok, thanks. Thankfully I'm an upbeat, happy and positive person ... Still, what a shocker! Ignorance really is bliss!

You are not alone.

Ok, thanks. Thankfully I'm an upbeat, happy and positive person ... Still, what a shocker! Ignorance really is bliss!

:) your gonna be ok :)

Will check in on ya soon to see how you're getting along. The mods here are really experienced and they will help you.

Wishing you healing!

I think try the 10mg for a while, it might be enough to alleviate the w/d.  If you are not getting enough relief within a few weeks you could try going up to 15mg.

Ok. 10mg it is for now. Thanks so much.

I have to "lol" at my topic title, "I didn't see it coming" .... truer words have never been spoken ...

• Mentor

Welcome Chipper, I am sure we can all relate to the ""I didn't see it coming"......

You are lucky you found this site. 

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Yes, I believe you are in withdrawal. :( and the symptoms will come and go very inconsistently. There may be some options for you, I'm not experinced enough to know for sure. A mod will come by shortly and help.

How long ago did you discontinue?

You most likely worked this out by now but I stopped two to three weeks ago.

Welcome Chipper, I am sure we can all relate to the ""I didn't see it coming"......

You are lucky you found this site.

Yes, very lucky indeed and just in the nick of time! Yea!

Chipper you could be ok in a few days.   You never know with this stuff.  Before I found sites like this one, I re-instated many times (thinking the withdrawal symptoms were a relapse) and the re-instatement worked within days for me, so just hang on - hopefully it won't be long before you start feeling better :)

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Thanks so much everyone. Today is so much better!! Little to no zaps - yea!!

Chipper you could be ok in a few days.   You never know with this stuff.  Before I found sites like this one, I re-instated many times (thinking the withdrawal symptoms were a relapse) and the re-instatement worked within days for me, so just hang on - hopefully it won't be long before you start feeling better :)

Thank you Ever. I'm so much better today.

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear it.  You dodged a bullet.  Please read the links provided and others on the site to learn more about withdrawal and how to taper well to minimise the risks.

cheers

Dalsaan